Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Anguilla
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Amaro R, Baron R, McCammon J. An improved relaxed complex scheme for receptor flexibility in computer-aided drug design. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2008;22:693-705 pubmed publisher..Finally, we outline potential methodological improvements that we anticipate will assist future development. ..
- Rocha L, Rocha C, Robertson D, Bowen B. Comparative phylogeography of Atlantic reef fishes indicates both origin and accumulation of diversity in the Caribbean. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:157 pubmed publisher..multilineata and other reef fishes translate into macroevolutionary processes and that origin and accumulation have acted in concert to form the Greater Caribbean biodiversity hotspot. ..
- Choi M, Kim Y, Park H, Seo B, Jung J, Kim S, et al. Expression of BrD1, a plant defensin from Brassica rapa, confers resistance against brown planthopper (Nilaparvata lugens) in transgenic rices. Mol Cells. 2009;28:131-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BrD1 exhibits insecticidal activity, and might be useful for developing cereal crop plants resistant to sap-sucking insects, such as the brown planthopper. ..
- Mlynarski E, Obergfell C, O Neill M, O Neill R. Divergent patterns of breakpoint reuse in Muroid rodents. Mamm Genome. 2010;21:77-87 pubmed publisher..These data were useful in further characterizing lineage-specific modes of chromosome evolution. ..
- Chamberland A, DiabatÃ© S, Sylla M, Anagounou S, Geraldo N, Zannou D, et al. Transmission of HIV-1 drug resistance in Benin could jeopardise future treatment options. Sex Transm Infect. 2012;88:179-83 pubmed publisher..Primary resistance rates were similar in CSW and in the GP. Our phylogenetic analysis confirmed the genetic exchange between groups. ..
- Lee K, Lee S. Aneurinibacillus humi sp. nov., Isolated from Soil Collected in Ukraine. Curr Microbiol. 2016;72:139-144 pubmed publisher..The name Aneurinibaciilus humi sp. nov. is proposed with strain U33(T) (= KEMC7305-119(T) = JCM19865(T)) as the type strain. ..
- Kouril R, Nosek L, Bartos J, Boekema E, Ilík P. Evolutionary loss of light-harvesting proteins Lhcb6 and Lhcb3 in major land plant groups--break-up of current dogma. New Phytol. 2016;210:808-14 pubmed publisher..Our results break a deep-rooted concept of Lhcb6 and Lhcb3 proteins being the essential characteristic of land plants, and beg the question of what the evolutionary benefit of their loss could be. ..
- Siddiqi M, Im W. Lysobacter pocheonensis sp. nov., isolated from soil of a ginseng field. Arch Microbiol. 2016;198:551-7 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is Gsoil 193(T) (= DSM 18338(T) = KCTC 12624(T)). ..
- Lee J, Lee Y, Park S, Lim S, Jeong S, Lee S, et al. Deinococcus seoulensis sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from sediment at Han River in Seoul, Republic of Korea. J Microbiol. 2016;54:537-42 pubmed publisher..nov. ..
- Nedashkovskaya O, Suzuki M, Vysotskii M, Mikhailov V. Reichenbachia agariperforans gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium in the phylum Cytophaga-Flavobacterium-Bacteroides. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2003;53:81-5 pubmed
- Velarde R, Sauer C, Walden K, Fahrbach S, Robertson H. Pteropsin: a vertebrate-like non-visual opsin expressed in the honey bee brain. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;35:1367-77 pubmed publisher..Insect pteropsin might be orthologous to a ciliary opsin recently described from the annelid Platynereis, and therefore represents the presence of this vertebrate-like light-detecting system in insects...
- Omland K, Baker J, Peters J. Genetic signatures of intermediate divergence: population history of Old and New World Holarctic ravens (Corvus corax). Mol Ecol. 2006;15:795-808 pubmed..Studies of phylogeography, speciation and systematics will benefit from increased attention to these stages of intermediate polyphyly...
- Fisher Reid M, Wiens J. What are the consequences of combining nuclear and mitochondrial data for phylogenetic analysis? Lessons from Plethodon salamanders and 13 other vertebrate clades. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:300 pubmed publisher..However, given cases like Plethodon, there is also the need for routine checking of incongruence between mtDNA and nucDNA data and its impacts on combined-data analyses. ..
- Ryu T, Seridi L, Ravasi T. The evolution of ultraconserved elements with different phylogenetic origins. BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:236 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that these ultraconserved elements are not the exclusive property of higher modern eukaryotes, but rather transmitted from their metazoan ancestors. ..
- Sears M, Zhang H, Rushton P, Wu M, Han S, Spano A, et al. NtERF32: a non-NIC2 locus AP2/ERF transcription factor required in jasmonate-inducible nicotine biosynthesis in tobacco. Plant Mol Biol. 2014;84:49-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NtERF32 and related ERF genes are important non-NIC2 locus associated transcriptional regulators of nicotine and total alkaloid formation. ..
- Marchenko V, Susloparov I, Kolosova N, Goncharova N, Shipovalov A, Ilyicheva T, et al. Highly pathogenic influenza H5N1 virus of clade 126.96.36.199c in Western Siberia. Arch Virol. 2016;161:1645-9 pubmed publisher..Investigation of biological features of those strains demonstrated their high pathogenicity for mammals. Phylogenetic analysis of the HA gene showed that the strains belong to clade 188.8.131.52c. ..
- Fernandez A, Sheaffer C, Wyse D, Staley C, Gould T, Sadowsky M. Structure of bacterial communities in soil following cover crop and organic fertilizer incorporation. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:9331-9341 pubmed
- Costa S, Santos C. Genetic divergence among Psidium accessions based on single nucleotide polymorphisms developed for Eucalyptus. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..In general, the SNP dendrogram agreed with biological genus structure, since different species were not grouped, indicating that transferability among Myrtaceae genus was possible and reliable. ..
- Park J, Han D, Ryu J, Chae J, Chae J, Yu D, et al. Molecular detection of Anaplasma bovis in Holstein cattle in the Republic of Korea. Acta Vet Scand. 2018;60:15 pubmed publisher..A. bovis infection has not previously been diagnosed in cattle in the ROK. This study shows that A. bovis infection in the Jeju Island is closely related to grazing. ..
- Schwartz J, Lefranc M, Murtaugh M. Organization, complexity and allelic diversity of the porcine (Sus scrofa domestica) immunoglobulin lambda locus. Immunogenetics. 2012;64:399-407 pubmed publisher..Comparison of individual BACs generated from the same individual revealed polymorphisms in IGLC2 and several IGLV genes, indicating that allelic variation in IGLV further expands the porcine antibody light chain repertoire. ..
- Fang B, Han M, Liu L, Zhang Z, Liu W, Shen J, et al. Lentzea cavernae sp. nov., an actinobacterium isolated from a karst cave sample, and emended description of the genus Lentzea. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2357-2362 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is SYSU K10001T (=KCTC 39804T=CGMCC 4.7367T=NBRC 112394T). ..
- Gebbia J, Backenson P, Coleman J, Anda P, Benach J. Glycolytic enzyme operon of Borrelia burgdorferi: characterization and evolutionary implications. Gene. 1997;188:221-8 pubmed..1% (TPI) identity with respective enzymes from other prokaryotic organisms. Phylogenetic analyses based on these universal and conserved proteins support the hypothesis that spirochetes are an ancient and distinct eubacterial phylum. ..
- Kang M, Jiang M, Huang H. Genetic diversity in fragmented populations of Berchemiella wilsonii var. pubipetiolata (Rhamnaceae). Ann Bot. 2005;95:1145-51 pubmed..Some conservation concerns are discussed together with possible strategies for implementing in situ and ex situ conservation. ..
- Damrongkool P, Sedlock A, Young C, Johnson R, Goetz K, Scott B, et al. Structural analysis of a peptide synthetase gene required for ergopeptine production in the endophytic fungus Neotyphodium lolii. DNA Seq. 2005;16:379-85 pubmed..Our results provide new information on the structure and distribution of this important peptide synthetase involved in ergot alkaloid biosynthesis. ..
- Ameisen J. [Selective "death programs" or pleiotropic"life programs"? Looking for programmed cell death in the light of evolution]. J Soc Biol. 2005;199:175-89 pubmed
- Yang S, Kwon K, Lee H, Kim S. Shewanella spongiae sp. nov., isolated from a marine sponge. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:2879-82 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is HJ039(T) (=KCCM 42304(T)=JCM 13830(T)). ..
- Msiska Z, Morton J. Phylogenetic analysis of the Glomeromycota by partial beta-tubulin gene sequences. Mycorrhiza. 2009;19:247-254 pubmed publisher..However, phylogenetic patterns suggested that only a single copy of the beta-tubulin gene was present, with variation attributed to intraspecific sequence divergence. ..
- Tu Q, Zhou X, He Z, Xue K, Wu L, Reich P, et al. The Diversity and Co-occurrence Patterns of Nâ‚‚-Fixing Communities in a COâ‚‚-Enriched Grassland Ecosystem. Microb Ecol. 2016;71:604-15 pubmed publisher..The study provides novel insights into our understanding of the microbial ecology of soil diazotrophs in natural ecosystems. ..
- Lee J, Shin H, Ryu S. Characterization and comparative genomic analysis of bacteriophages infecting members of the Bacillus cereus group. Arch Virol. 2014;159:871-84 pubmed publisher..cereus and B. anthracis and for the prevention of phage contamination of the natural insect pesticide Bt...
- Alabi O, Villegas C, Gregg L, Murray K. Complete nucleotide sequences of a new bipartite begomovirus from Malvastrum sp. plants with bright yellow mosaic symptoms in South Texas. Arch Virol. 2016;161:1729-33 pubmed publisher..The design of new diagnostic primers enabled the detection of MaBYMV in cohorts of Bemisia tabaci collected from symptomatic Malvastrum sp. plants, thus implicating whiteflies as potential vectors of the virus. ..
- Rieder E, Gorbalenya A, Xiao C, He Y, Baker T, Kuhn R, et al. Will the polio niche remain vacant?. Dev Biol (Basel). 2001;105:111-22; discussion 149-50 pubmed
- Jung Y, Lee H, Yum S, Soh W, Cho D, Auh C, et al. Drought-inducible-but ABA-independent-thaumatin-like protein from carrot (Daucus carota L.). Plant Cell Rep. 2005;24:366-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that this new isoform of TLP that has been isolated from carrot is a drought-specific, ABA-independent, non-organ-specific, and non-developmental-stage-specific protein. ..
- Lee J, Cho Y, Yoon H, Suh M, Moon J, Lee I, et al. Conservation and divergence of FCA function between Arabidopsis and rice. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;58:823-838 pubmed publisher..All of these results imply conservation and divergence in the functions of FCA between rice and Arabidopsis...
- Almeida N, Yan S, Cai R, Clarke C, Morris C, Schaad N, et al. PAMDB, a multilocus sequence typing and analysis database and website for plant-associated microbes. Phytopathology. 2010;100:208-15 pubmed publisher..solanacearum. Moreover, we show how PAMDB makes it easy to distinguish between different pathogens that cause almost identical diseases. The scalable design of PAMDB will make it easy to add more plant pathogens in the future. ..
- Tarver J, Donoghue P, Benton M. Is evolutionary history repeatedly rewritten in light of new fossil discoveries?. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:599-604 pubmed publisher..The conclusions derived from these analyses are relevant more generally: the maturity of systematic datasets can and should be assessed before they are exploited to derive grand macroevolutionary hypotheses. ..
- Takeet M, Peters S, Fagbemi B, De Donato M, Takeet V, Wheto M, et al. Phylogeny of Trypanosoma brucei and Trypanosoma evansi in naturally infected cattle in Nigeria by analysis of repetitive and ribosomal DNA sequences. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2016;48:1235-40 pubmed publisher..evansi may be a phenotypic variant of T. brucei which may have potential implications in designing prevention and therapeutic strategies. ..
- Soares R, Cioffi M, Bertollo L, Borges A, Costa G, Molina W. Chromosomal evolution in large pelagic oceanic apex predators, the barracudas (Sphyraenidae, Percomorpha). Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..This will solidify the knowledge of their karyotypic patterns, and the evolutionary path followed by the species of this particular fish family. ..
- Jia R, Cheng A, Wang M, Xin H, Guo Y, Zhu D, et al. Analysis of synonymous codon usage in the UL24 gene of duck enteritis virus. Virus Genes. 2009;38:96-103 pubmed publisher..Therefore the yeast expression system may be more suitable for the expression of DEV genes. ..
- Goltsman D, Denef V, Singer S, Verberkmoes N, Lefsrud M, Mueller R, et al. Community genomic and proteomic analyses of chemoautotrophic iron-oxidizing "Leptospirillum rubarum" (Group II) and "Leptospirillum ferrodiazotrophum" (Group III) bacteria in acid mine drainage biofilms. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:4599-615 pubmed publisher..Some proteins unique to one organism were highly expressed and may be key to the functional and ecological differentiation of Leptospirillum groups II and III. ..
- Liu Q, Zhou Y, He G, Oosthuizen M, Zhou D, Zhao J. Molecular phylogenetic studies on Theileria spp. isolates (China) based on small subunit ribosomal RNA gene sequences. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2010;42:109-14 pubmed publisher..obtained in the Hubei province, showing that Theileria spp. from ruminants found in Hubei province belongs to the benign group of Theileria spp. ..
- Brown K, Rüber L, Bills R, Day J. Mastacembelid eels support Lake Tanganyika as an evolutionary hotspot of diversification. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:188 pubmed publisher..Mastacembelid eels (Teleostei: Mastacembelidae) are a predominately riverine family of freshwater fish, occurring across Africa and Asia, but which also form a small species flock in LT...
- Meng F, Lu W, Yu F, Kang M, Guo X, Xu B. Ribosomal protein L11 is related to brain maturation during the adult phase in Apis cerana cerana (Hymenoptera, Apidae). Naturwissenschaften. 2012;99:343-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AccRPL11 may be functional in brain maturation in honeybee adults. ..
- Kim S, Koh D, Park S, Cha I, Park J, Na J, et al. Molecular analysis of spatial variation of iron-reducing bacteria in riverine alluvial aquifers of the Mankyeong River. J Microbiol. 2012;50:207-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate high environmental heterogeneity, and thus high spatial variability, in thedistribution of potential IRB in the riverine alluvial aquifersnear the Mankyeong River. ..
- Seader V, Thornsberry J, Carey R. Utility of the Amborella trichopoda expansin superfamily in elucidating the history of angiosperm expansins. J Plant Res. 2016;129:199-207 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of phylogenetic and syntenic analyses, we estimate there were 12-13 EXPA genes, 2 EXPB genes, 1 EXLA gene, and 2 EXLB genes in the last common ancestor of all angiosperms. ..
- Franck E, Madsen O, van Rheede T, Ricard G, Huynen M, de Jong W. Evolutionary diversity of vertebrate small heat shock proteins. J Mol Evol. 2004;59:792-805 pubmed..Interesting is the occurrence of several head-to-head located pairs of chordate sHsp genes. ..
- Jansa S, Forsman J, Voss R. Different patterns of selection on the nuclear genes IRBP and DMP-1 affect the efficiency but not the outcome of phylogeny estimation for didelphid marsupials. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2006;38:363-80 pubmed..Thus, for these two genes, relaxed functional constraints and positive selection appear to improve the efficiency of phylogenetic estimation without compromising its accuracy...
- Gao Q, Liu Y, Wang M, Zhang J, Gai Y, Zhu C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of an inducible RNA-dependent RNA polymerase gene, GhRdRP, from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:47-56 pubmed publisher..The cloning and characterization of the GhRdRP gene will be useful for further studies of biological roles of GhRdRP in plants...
- Smith D, Zárate S, Shao H, Pillai S, Letendre S, Wong J, et al. Pleocytosis is associated with disruption of HIV compartmentalization between blood and cerebral spinal fluid viral populations. Virology. 2009;385:204-8 pubmed publisher..Inflammation in the CNS, marked by pleocytosis, allows HIV populations to mix between blood and CSF, which may increase the overall viral genetic diversity within the CSF. ..
- Msiska Z, Morton J. Isolation and sequence analysis of a beta-tubulin gene from arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Mycorrhiza. 2009;19:501-513 pubmed publisher..Sequence analysis from single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis confirmed the presence of two beta-tubulin gene copies in G. clarum, but only one copy was evident in G. gigantea based on Southern hybridization analysis. ..
- Huh J, Kim Y, Lee S, Kim H, Kim D, Kim H, et al. Gain of new exons and promoters by lineage-specific transposable elements-integration and conservation event on CHRM3 gene. Mol Cells. 2009;28:111-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, exon-acquisition and alternative splicing events of CHRM3 genes were shown to have occurred through the continuous integration of transposable elements following conservation. ..
- Kang M, Strap J, Crawford D. Isolation and characterization of potent antifungal strains of the Streptomyces violaceusniger clade active against Candida albicans. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;37:35-41 pubmed publisher..violaceusniger clade, while the isolates that did not exhibit antifungal antibiotic activity were all non-clade members. ..
- Bourogâa H, Miled K, Gribâa L, El Behi I, Ghram A. Characterization of new variants of avian infectious bronchitis virus in Tunisia. Avian Dis. 2009;53:426-33 pubmed..These data demonstrated, for the first time in Tunisia, the cocirculation of IBV variant serotypes along with the Massachusetts type, causing severe clinical diseases and high economic losses to the poultry industry. ..
- Bai C, Alverson W, Follansbee A, Waller D. New reports of nuclear DNA content for 407 vascular plant taxa from the United States. Ann Bot. 2012;110:1623-9 pubmed publisher..These data provide the basis for phylogenetic analyses of C-value variation and future analyses of how C-values covary with other functional traits. ..
- Kim S, Park S, Cha I, Min D, Kim J, Chung W, et al. Metabolic versatility of toluene-degrading, iron-reducing bacteria in tidal flat sediment, characterized by stable isotope probing-based metagenomic analysis. Environ Microbiol. 2014;16:189-204 pubmed publisher..This metabolic versatility may be an adaptation to the fluctuating availability of electron acceptors and donors in tidal flats. ..
- Li F, Hu T, Duan N, Li W, Teng Q, Li H, et al. Sequence variation in two mitochondrial DNA regions and internal transcribed spacer among isolates of the nematode Oesophagostomum asperum originating from goats in Hunan Province, China. J Helminthol. 2016;90:1-6 pubmed publisher..asperum isolates from goats in Hunan Province, China, and have implications for studying molecular epidemiology and population genetics of O. asperum. ..
- Xu Y, Zhao Z, Wang J. A new species and a new record of Trischistoma Cobb, 1913 (Nematoda: Enoplida: Trischistomatidae) from Shanxi Province, China. Zootaxa. 2015;3937:564-76 pubmed publisher..These analyses confirmed that T. taiguensis sp. nov. and T. pellucidum differ from other known members of the genus for which sequences are available in GenBank. ..
- Shi G, Su M, Liang J, Duan R, Gu W, Xiao Y, et al. Complete genome sequence and comparative genome analysis of a new special Yersinia enterocolitica. Arch Microbiol. 2016;198:673-87 pubmed publisher..enterocolitica strain because its genome was similar to other Y. enterocolitica and it might be a strain with many mutations and combinations emerging in the processes of its evolution. ..
- Dean D, Millman K. Molecular and mutation trends analyses of omp1 alleles for serovar E of Chlamydia trachomatis. Implications for the immunopathogenesis of disease. J Clin Invest. 1997;99:475-83 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mutation trends, phylogeny, and molecular epidemiology of E variants is essential for designing public health control interventions and a vaccine...
- Mitchell B, Crews S. Expression of the Artemia trachealess gene in the salt gland and epipod. Evol Dev. 2002;4:344-53 pubmed..This extends the range of putative functions of trachealess to include formation of osmoregulatory, respiratory, and ductile organs. ..
- Busov V, Meilan R, Pearce D, Rood S, Ma C, Tschaplinski T, et al. Transgenic modification of gai or rgl1 causes dwarfing and alters gibberellins, root growth, and metabolite profiles in Populus. Planta. 2006;224:288-99 pubmed
- Parmakelis A, Slotman M, Marshall J, Awono Ambene P, Antonio Nkondjio C, Simard F, et al. The molecular evolution of four anti-malarial immune genes in the Anopheles gambiae species complex. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:79 pubmed publisher..Such a framework could be achieved, if a similar approach like the one involved here, was applied to all other anopheline complexes that transmit P. falciparum malaria. ..
- Chérif N, Thiery R, Castric J, Biacchesi S, Bremont M, Thabti F, et al. Viral encephalopathy and retinopathy of Dicentrarchus labrax and Sparus aurata farmed in Tunisia. Vet Res Commun. 2009;33:345-53 pubmed publisher..In addition, viral sequences obtained from fish that were held at lower temperature (<20 degrees C) were distinct from the rest of the sequences...
- Ruhnke T, Seaman H. Three new species of Anthocephalum Linton, 1890 (Cestoda: Tetraphyllidea) from dasyatid stingrays of the Gulf of California. Syst Parasitol. 2009;72:81-95 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic status of Anthocephalum species in relationship to Rhinebothroides Mayes, Brooks & Thorson, 1981, Pararhineothroides Zamparo, Brooks & Barriga, 1999 and other rhinebothriin taxa is discussed...
- Ruiz Perez F, Nataro J. Bacterial serine proteases secreted by the autotransporter pathway: classification, specificity, and role in virulence. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014;71:745-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss their classification, substrate specificity, and potential roles in pathogenesis. ..
- Baik K, Hwang Y, Choi J, Kwon J, Seong C. Dongia rigui sp. nov., isolated from freshwater of a large wetland in Korea. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2013;104:1143-50 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the data presented in this study, strain 04SU4-P(T) represents a novel species, for which the name Dongia rigui is proposed. The type strain is 04SU4-P(T) (KCTC 23341(T) = JCM 17521(T)). ..
- Lee J, Kim K, Yang E, Miller K, Boo S, Bhattacharya D, et al. Reconstructing the complex evolutionary history of mobile plasmids in red algal genomes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23744 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate the evolution of plasmid DNAs in red algae and suggest that they spread as parasitic genetic elements. This hypothesis is consistent with their sporadic distribution within Rhodophyta. ..
- Church S. Molecular phylogenetics of Houstonia (Rubiaceae): descending aneuploidy and breeding system evolution in the radiation of the lineage across North America. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2003;27:223-38 pubmed
- Lee N, Kwon D, Min K. Cloning and sequence analyses of a 2,3-dihydroxybiphenyl 1,2-dioxygenase gene ( bphC) from Comamonas sp. SMN4 for phylogenetic and structural analysis. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2003;30:245-50 pubmed..SMN4 had five catalytically essential residues and was more highly conserved than the N-terminal domain. Phylogenetic and structural relationships of 23DBDO from Comamonas sp. SMN4 were analyzed...
- Yang H, Wang M, Gao Z, Zhu C, Guo X. Isolation of a novel RNA-dependent RNA polymerase 6 from Nicotiana glutinosa, NgRDR6, and analysis of its response to biotic and abiotic stresses. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:929-37 pubmed publisher..Further investigation suggested several potential cis-acting elements were found in the 5'-flanking sequence of NgRDR6, which might be responsible for the enhanced response to phytohormones. ..
- Mollov D, Lockhart B, Zlesak D. Complete nucleotide sequence of Rosa rugosa leaf distortion virus, a new member of the family Tombusviridae. Arch Virol. 2013;158:2617-20 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses of the RdRp and CP amino acid sequences placed RrLDV in a subgroup close to members of the genus Carmovirus of the family Tombusviridae. ..
- Li J, Dukowic Schulze S, Lindquist I, Farmer A, Kelly B, Li T, et al. The plant-specific protein FEHLSTART controls male meiotic entry, initializing meiotic synchronization in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2015;84:659-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that FST is required for normal meiotic entry and the establishment of meiotic synchrony. ..
- Seo J, Kwak H, Kim M, Kim J, Choi H. The complete genome sequence of a novel virus, bellflower veinal mottle virus, suggests the existence of a new genus within the family Potyviridae. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2457-2461 pubmed publisher..The name bellflower veinal mottle virus (BVMoV) is proposed for this new virus. ..
- Benine R, Melo B, Castro R, Oliveira C. Taxonomic revision and molecular phylogeny of Gymnocorymbus Eigenmann, 1908 (Teleostei, Characiformes, Characidae). Zootaxa. 2015;3956:1-28 pubmed publisher..Our results support previous hypotheses of the alignment of Gymnocorymbus close to the subfamily Stethaprioninae and also support the sister relationship between G. ternetzi and G. thayeri, and of that clade as sister to G. bondi. ..
- Montesinos Navarro A, Segarra Moragues J, Valiente Banuet A, Verdu M. Evidence for phylogenetic correlation of plant-AMF assemblages?. Ann Bot. 2015;115:171-7 pubmed publisher..Future lines of research might explore whether interlinked above- and below-ground dynamics could be occurring across multiple guilds simultaneously. ..
- Barker F, Cibois A, Schikler P, Feinstein J, Cracraft J. Phylogeny and diversification of the largest avian radiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11040-5 pubmed..The revised history implied by these data will require reassessment of comparative analyses of passerine diversification and adaptation. ..
- Zhai Y, Fallon A. PCR cloning of a histone H1 gene from Anopheles stephensi mosquito cells: comparison of the protein sequence with histone H1-like, C-terminal extensions on mosquito ribosomal protein S6. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:8 pubmed..These observations suggest that the resemblance between histone H1 and the C-terminal extensions on mosquito RPS6 has been maintained by convergent evolution. ..
- Kim Y, Oh J, Kim K, Uhm J, Lee B. Isolation and characterization of NgRLK1, a receptor-like kinase of Nicotiana glutinosa that interacts with the elicitin of Phytophthora capsici. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:717-27 pubmed publisher..A conserved domain analysis revealed that NgRLK1 has structural features typical of a plant RLK. NgRLK1 was autophosphorylated, with higher activity in the presence of Mn2+ than Mg2+...
- Straub C, Ives A, Gratton C. Evidence for a trade-off between host-range breadth and host-use efficiency in aphid parasitoids. Am Nat. 2011;177:389-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a generalist-specialist trade-off exists within this group of parasitoids and that the generalist fitness cost depends on the taxonomic breadth, rather than the number, of host species that are used. ..