Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression profiling in Anguilla
Topic: gene expression profiling
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang F, Xu T, Mao L, Yan S, Chen X, Wu Z, et al. Genome-wide analysis of Dongxiang wild rice (Oryza rufipogon Griff.) to investigate lost/acquired genes during rice domestication. BMC Plant Biol. 2016;16:103 pubmed publisher..Another finding suggested the photophosphorylation and oxidative phosphorylation system in cultivated rice could have adapted to environmental changes simultaneously during domestication. ..
- Kharel M, Subba B, Lee H, Liou K, Woo J, Sohng J. An approach for cloning biosynthetic genes of 2-deoxystreptamine-containing aminocyclitol antibiotics: isolation of a biosynthetic gene cluster of tobramycin from Streptomyces tenebrarius. Biotechnol Lett. 2003;25:2041-7 pubmed..DOI synthases and GIA are therefore useful for cloning biosynthetic genes of DOS-containing aminocyclitol antibiotics or for screening such metabolites producers...
- Argraves G, Jani S, Barth J, Argraves W. ArrayQuest: a web resource for the analysis of DNA microarray data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:287 pubmed..ArrayQuest is freely available for use at http://proteogenomics.musc.edu/arrayquest.html. ..
- Muñoz Amatriaín M, Xiong Y, Schmitt M, Bilgic H, Budde A, Chao S, et al. Transcriptome analysis of a barley breeding program examines gene expression diversity and reveals target genes for malting quality improvement. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:653 pubmed publisher..In addition, the identification of candidate genes for enhancing malting quality may be used to optimize the selection of targets for further improvements in this economically important phenotype. ..
- van Ditmarsch D, Xavier J. High-resolution time series of Pseudomonas aeruginosa gene expression and rhamnolipid secretion through growth curve synchronization. BMC Microbiol. 2011;11:140 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa. More generally, growth curve synchronization can be applied to many biological systems thus helping to overcome a key obstacle in dynamic regulation: the scarceness of quantitative time-resolved data. ..
- Wang W, Corrigan Cummins M, Hudson J, Maric I, Simakova O, Neelapu S, et al. MicroRNA profiling of follicular lymphoma identifies microRNAs related to cell proliferation and tumor response. Haematologica. 2012;97:586-94 pubmed publisher..miR-20a/b and miR-194 target CDKN1A and SOCS2 in follicular lymphoma, potentially contributing to tumor cell proliferation and survival. ..
- Okmen B, Etalo D, Joosten M, Bouwmeester H, De Vos R, Collemare J, et al. Detoxification of ?-tomatine by Cladosporium fulvum is required for full virulence on tomato. New Phytol. 2013;198:1203-14 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that CfTom1 is responsible for the detoxification of ?-tomatine by C. fulvum, and is required for full virulence of this fungus on tomato...
- Kobayashi N, Barnard R, Henning S, Elashoff D, Reddy S, Cohen P, et al. Effect of altering dietary omega-6/omega-3 fatty acid ratios on prostate cancer membrane composition, cyclooxygenase-2, and prostaglandin E2. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4662-70 pubmed
- Haug A, Assmann G, Rist C, Tiling R, Schmidt G, Bartenstein P, et al. [Quantification of immunohistochemical expression of somatostatin receptors in neuroendocrine tumors using 68Ga-DOTATATE PET/CT]. Radiologe. 2010;50:349-54 pubmed publisher..05), but not significantly with the SUV(max) (r=-0.33, p=0.11). (68)Ga-DOTATATE uptake was moderately correlated with the results of immunohistochemical SSTR analyses. However, SSTR negative NET may show high uptake of (68)Ga-DOTATATE. ..
- Patnaik B, Hwang H, Kang S, Park S, Wang T, Park E, et al. Transcriptome Characterization for Non-Model Endangered Lycaenids, Protantigius superans and Spindasis takanosis, Using Illumina HiSeq 2500 Sequencing. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:29948-70 pubmed publisher..superans and S. takanosis, respectively. This is the first report to record new genes and their utilization for conservation of lycaenid species population and as a reference information for closely related species. ..
- Xu Y, Chen C, Thomas T, Azadi P, Diehl B, Tsai C, et al. Wood chemistry analysis and expression profiling of a poplar clone expressing a tyrosine-rich peptide. Plant Cell Rep. 2013;32:1827-41 pubmed publisher..Our study has identified pathways and gene candidates that may be the underlying cause for the enhanced flexibility and digestibility of the stems of poplar plants expressing the TYR transgene. ..
- Song G, Nesil T, Cao J, Yang Z, Chang S, Li M. Nicotine mediates expression of genes related to antioxidant capacity and oxidative stress response in HIV-1 transgenic rat brain. J Neurovirol. 2016;22:114-24 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that nicotine has a negative effect on response to oxidative stress and antioxidant processes in HIV-1 Tg rat brain, especially in the VTA. ..
- Wall C, Cozza S, Riquelme C, McCombie W, Heimiller J, Marr T, et al. Whole transcriptome analysis of the fasting and fed Burmese python heart: insights into extreme physiological cardiac adaptation. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:69-76 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide the first comprehensive gene expression profile for a reptile heart. ..
- Wehkamp J, Chu H, Shen B, Feathers R, Kays R, Lee S, et al. Paneth cell antimicrobial peptides: topographical distribution and quantification in human gastrointestinal tissues. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5344-50 pubmed
- Macdermed D, Khodarev N, Pitroda S, Edwards D, Pelizzari C, Huang L, et al. MUC1-associated proliferation signature predicts outcomes in lung adenocarcinoma patients. BMC Med Genomics. 2010;3:16 pubmed publisher..These data provide potential new prognostic biomarkers and treatment targets for lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Fang W, Li X, Jiang Q, Liu Z, Yang H, Wang S, et al. Transcriptional patterns, biomarkers and pathways characterizing nasopharyngeal carcinoma of Southern China. J Transl Med. 2008;6:32 pubmed publisher..This information may facilitate the determination of diagnostic and therapeutic targets for NPC as well as provide insights about the molecular pathogenesis of NPC. ..
- Kim C, Cho M, Choi Y, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim Y, et al. Identification and characterization of seed-specific transcription factors regulating anthocyanin biosynthesis in black rice. J Appl Genet. 2011;52:161-9 pubmed publisher..While these genes require further validation, the results here underline the potential use of the new microarray and provide valuable insight into anthocyanin pigment production in rice. ..
- Templeton J, Nassr M, Vazquez Chona F, Freeman Anderson N, Orr W, Williams R, et al. Differential response of C57BL/6J mouse and DBA/2J mouse to optic nerve crush. BMC Neurosci. 2009;10:90 pubmed publisher..These results form the basis for our continuing interest in the modifiers of retinal injury. ..
- Joyce J, Baruch A, Chehade K, Meyer Morse N, Giraudo E, Tsai F, et al. Cathepsin cysteine proteases are effectors of invasive growth and angiogenesis during multistage tumorigenesis. Cancer Cell. 2004;5:443-53 pubmed..Cysteine cathepsins are also upregulated during HPV16-induced cervical carcinogenesis, further encouraging consideration of this protease family as a therapeutic target in human cancers...
- Kim J, Jung Y, Sungur E, Han K, Park C, Sohn I. A copula method for modeling directional dependence of genes. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:225 pubmed publisher..The copula mutual information approach will help to propose the new variant of ARACNE (Algorithm for the Reconstruction of Accurate Cellular Networks): an algorithm for the reconstruction of gene regulatory networks. ..
- Ganjoo K, Witten D, Patel M, Espinosa I, La T, Tibshirani R, et al. The prognostic value of tumor-associated macrophages in leiomyosarcoma: a single institution study. Am J Clin Oncol. 2011;34:82-6 pubmed..More aggressive or targeted therapies could be considered in the subset of LMS patients that highly express these markers. ..
- Sukotjo C, Abanmy A, Ogawa T, Nishimura I. Molecular cloning of wound inducible transcript (wit 3.0) differentially expressed in edentulous oral mucosa undergoing tooth extraction wound-healing. J Dent Res. 2002;81:229-35 pubmed..0 alpha) and 253-(wit 3.0 beta) amino-acid-long peptides with the characteristics of an intracellular molecule. Analysis of these data may provide new clues to the molecular mechanism of edentulous mucosa formation. ..
- Wright L, Li J, Caldwell M, Wallace K, Johnson J, Svendsen C. Gene expression in human neural stem cells: effects of leukemia inhibitory factor. J Neurochem. 2003;86:179-95 pubmed..This study provides the first molecular profile of human ltNSCctx cultures capable of long-term self renewal, and reveals specific sets of genes that are directly or indirectly regulated by LIF. ..
- Zhang N, Yin Y, Xu S, Chen W. 5-Fluorouracil: mechanisms of resistance and reversal strategies. Molecules. 2008;13:1551-69 pubmed..The details of the induction and reversal of the drug resistance are also described. ..
- Choi J, Alkharouf N, Schneider K, Matthews B, Frederick R. Expression patterns in soybean resistant to Phakopsora pachyrhizi reveal the importance of peroxidases and lipoxygenases. Funct Integr Genomics. 2008;8:341-59 pubmed publisher..Downregulated cDNA clones included those with similarity to cell-wall-associated protein, such as extensins, proline-rich proteins, and xyloglucan endotransglycosylases. ..
- Huh J, Kim Y, Lee S, Kim H, Kim D, Kim H, et al. Gain of new exons and promoters by lineage-specific transposable elements-integration and conservation event on CHRM3 gene. Mol Cells. 2009;28:111-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, exon-acquisition and alternative splicing events of CHRM3 genes were shown to have occurred through the continuous integration of transposable elements following conservation. ..
- Wei H, Yordanov Y, Georgieva T, Li X, Busov V. Nitrogen deprivation promotes Populus root growth through global transcriptome reprogramming and activation of hierarchical genetic networks. New Phytol. 2013;200:483-97 pubmed publisher..Targeting these factors via genetic engineering or breeding approaches can allow dynamic adjustment of root architecture in response to variable nitrogen availabilities in the soil. ..
- Gribble K, Mark Welch D. Genome-wide transcriptomics of aging in the rotifer Brachionus manjavacas, an emerging model system. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:217 pubmed publisher..Investigation of subtle but genome-wide change in these pathways during aging is an important area for future study. ..
- Gu J, Rihl M, Märker Hermann E, Baeten D, Kuipers J, Song Y, et al. Clues to pathogenesis of spondyloarthropathy derived from synovial fluid mononuclear cell gene expression profiles. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:2159-64 pubmed..Previous data postulating UPR in SpA are based on in vitro experiments with transfected cell lines. Our patient derived data suggest that it also occurs in vivo in the macrophages of SpA joints. ..
- Yang H, Wang M, Gao Z, Zhu C, Guo X. Isolation of a novel RNA-dependent RNA polymerase 6 from Nicotiana glutinosa, NgRDR6, and analysis of its response to biotic and abiotic stresses. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:929-37 pubmed publisher..Further investigation suggested several potential cis-acting elements were found in the 5'-flanking sequence of NgRDR6, which might be responsible for the enhanced response to phytohormones. ..
- Ghosh M, Cho H, Park J, Choi J, Chung Y, Sharma N, et al. Comparative Transcriptomic Analyses by RNA-seq to Elucidate Differentially Expressed Genes in the Muscle of Korean Thoroughbred Horses. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2016;180:588-608 pubmed
- Wang T, Tsui B, Kreisberg J, Robertson N, Gross A, Yu M, et al. Epigenetic aging signatures in mice livers are slowed by dwarfism, calorie restriction and rapamycin treatment. Genome Biol. 2017;18:57 pubmed publisher..This study shows that lifespan-extending conditions can slow molecular changes associated with an epigenetic clock in mice livers. ..
- Kanduri K, Tripathi S, Larjo A, MannerstrÃ¶m H, Ullah U, Lund R, et al. Identification of global regulators of T-helper cell lineage specification. Genome Med. 2015;7:122 pubmed publisher..The results presented here show the involvement of several new actors in the early differentiation of T-helper cells and will be a valuable resource for better understanding of autoimmune processes. ..
- Young G, Winokur T, Cerfolio R, Van Tine B, Chow L, Okoh V, et al. Differential expression and biodistribution of cytokeratin 18 and desmoplakins in non-small cell lung carcinoma subtypes. Lung Cancer. 2002;36:133-41 pubmed..In conclusion, the data here shows that AC, SCC and ASC each have specific patterns of DP 1 and 2 and CK18 gene expression, protein content and biodistribution. ..
- Barbier L, Diserbo M, Lamproglou I, Amourette C, Peinnequin A, Fauquette W. Repeated stress in combination with pyridostigmine Part II: changes in cerebral gene expression. Behav Brain Res. 2009;197:292-300 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms underlying these modifications and their link with memory disturbances reported by GWV remain to be further determined. ..
- Shi L, Zhang N, Xie X, Chen Y, Wang R, Shen L, et al. Transcriptome profile of rat genes in injured spinal cord at different stages by RNA-sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:173 pubmed publisher..The sequence data from this study have been deposited into Sequence Read Archive ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra ; accession number PRJNA318311). ..
- Huang Y, Zou Q, Tang S, Wang L, Shen X. Computational identification and characteristics of novel microRNAs from the silkworm (Bombyx mori L.). Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:3171-6 pubmed publisher..Most of these miRNA targeted genes were predicted to encode transcription factors. The semi-stem loop RT-PCR based assays were performed and found that silkworm miRNAs have diverse expression patterns during development. ..
- Hong E, Park S, Choi K, Leung P, Jeung E. Identification of estrogen-regulated genes by microarray analysis of the uterus of immature rats exposed to endocrine disrupting chemicals. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2006;4:49 pubmed
- Wang D, Oses Prieto J, Li K, Fernandes J, Burlingame A, Walbot V. The male sterile 8 mutation of maize disrupts the temporal progression of the transcriptome and results in the mis-regulation of metabolic functions. Plant J. 2010;63:939-51 pubmed publisher..The majority of these were not identified by differential RNA expression, demonstrating the importance of proteomics in defining developmental mutants. ..
- Hoffmann M, Olson K, Cavender A, Pasqualini R, Gaikwad J, D Souza R. Gene expression in a pure population of odontoblasts isolated by laser-capture microdissection. J Dent Res. 2001;80:1963-7 pubmed..The use of LCM is thus a valuable means of retrieving quality RNA from discrete populations of odontoblasts at different stages of dentinogenesis...
- Yang H, Kang M, Guo X, Xu B. Cloning, structural features, and expression analysis of the gene encoding thioredoxin reductase 1 from Apis cerana cerana. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;156:229-36 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR revealed that the expression of AccTrxR1 could be induced by UV and heat (37 degrees C). These results indicate that AccTrxR1 may play a key role in protection against oxidant stress. ..
- Visser E, Wegrzyn J, Steenkmap E, Myburg A, Naidoo S. Combined de novo and genome guided assembly and annotation of the Pinus patula juvenile shoot transcriptome. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:1057 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this assembly can help detect gene-based genetic markers for P. patula and the comparative assembly workflow could be applied to generate similar resources for other non-model species. ..
- Hoang H, Becker A, GONZALEZ J. The LuxR homolog ExpR, in combination with the Sin quorum sensing system, plays a central role in Sinorhizobium meliloti gene expression. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:5460-72 pubmed..Based on our microarray analysis we propose a model for the regulation of gene expression by the Sin/ExpR quorum sensing system and another possible quorum sensing system(s) in S. meliloti. ..
- McNally L, Welch D, Beck B, Stafford L, Long J, Sellers J, et al. KISS1 over-expression suppresses metastasis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma in a xenograft mouse model. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2010;27:591-600 pubmed publisher..These data suggest induction of KISS1 expression has potential as an adjuvant treatment for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Akman M, Carlson J, Holsinger K, Latimer A. Transcriptome sequencing reveals population differentiation in gene expression linked to functional traits and environmental gradients in the South African shrub Protea repens. New Phytol. 2016;210:295-309 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that this species displays population-level differences in gene expression that have been shaped by source population site climate, and that are reflected in trait variation along environmental gradients. ..
- Lim C, Yang K, Hong J, Choi J, Yun D, Hong J, et al. Gene expression profiles during heat acclimation in Arabidopsis thaliana suspension-culture cells. J Plant Res. 2006;119:373-83 pubmed..Moreover, the transcriptional induction of DREB2 (dehydration responsive element-binding factor 2) subfamily genes and COR47/rd17 under heat stress suggested cross-talk between the signaling pathways for heat and dehydration responses. ..
- Han M, Jung K, Yi G, An G. Rice Importin ?1 gene affects pollen tube elongation. Mol Cells. 2011;31:523-30 pubmed publisher..However, in vitro assays showed that tube elongation was hampered in the mutant grains. These results indicate that OsImp?1 is specifically required for pollen tube elongation. ..
- Liu J, Zhuang Y, Guo X, Li Y. Molecular mechanism of ethylene stimulation of latex yield in rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis) revealed by de novo sequencing and transcriptome analysis. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:257 pubmed publisher..Our finding lays the foundations for molecular diagnostic and genetic engineering for high-yielding improvement of rubber tree. ..
- Hanson E, Niemeyer D, Folio L, Agan B, Rowley R. Potential use of microarray technology for rapid identification of central nervous system pathogens. Mil Med. 2004;169:594-9 pubmed..In the near future, microarray diagnostics and future derivations of these technologies will change the paradigm used for outbreak investigations and will improve health care for all. ..
- Nagarajan V, Elasri M. SAMMD: Staphylococcus aureus microarray meta-database. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:351 pubmed..SAMMD will help staphylococcal scientists to analyze their expression data and understand it at global level. It will also allow scientists to compare and contrast their transcriptome to that of the other published transcriptomes. ..
- Wang Z, Wei H, Yu Y, Sun J, Yang Y, Xing G, et al. Characterization of Ceap-11 and Ceap-16, two novel splicing-variant-proteins, associated with centrosome, microtubule aggregation and cell proliferation. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:71-82 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide the first evidence for the function of Ceap-11 and Ceap-16, the two novel human proteins, namely, association with centrosome, microtubule aggregation and cell proliferation. ..
- Kim K, Kim Y, Kim H, Lee B, Lee D. Anti-apoptotic activity of laminarin polysaccharides and their enzymatically hydrolyzed oligosaccharides from Laminaria japonica. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:439-46 pubmed..These results suggest that laminarin oligosaccharides and polysaccharides can be utilized to develop new immunopotentiating substances and functional alternative medicines...
- Lee J, Lee D, Lee B, Kim H. Global analyses of transcriptomes and proteomes of a parent strain and an L-threonine-overproducing mutant strain. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:5442-51 pubmed..Such comprehensive analyses provide information regarding the regulatory mechanism of L-threonine production and the physiological consequences in the mutant stain...
- Baek I, Yon J, Lee B, Yun Y, Yu W, Hong J, et al. Expression pattern of cytosolic glutathione peroxidase (cGPx) mRNA during mouse embryogenesis. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2005;209:315-21 pubmed
- Gao Q, Liu Y, Wang M, Zhang J, Gai Y, Zhu C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of an inducible RNA-dependent RNA polymerase gene, GhRdRP, from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:47-56 pubmed publisher..The cloning and characterization of the GhRdRP gene will be useful for further studies of biological roles of GhRdRP in plants...
- Alam I, Sun Q, Koller D, Liu L, Liu Y, Edenberg H, et al. Genes influencing spinal bone mineral density in inbred F344, LEW, COP, and DA rats. Funct Integr Genomics. 2010;10:63-72 pubmed publisher..Of these, 14 genes (Akap1, Asgr2, Esd, Fam101b, Irf1, Lcp1, Ltc4s, Mdp-1, Pdhb, Plxdc1, Rabep1, Rhot1, Slc2a4, Xpo4) were confirmed by qPCR. We identified several novel candidate genes influencing spinal vBMD in rats. ..
- Donohoe D, Garge N, Zhang X, Sun W, O Connell T, Bunger M, et al. The microbiome and butyrate regulate energy metabolism and autophagy in the mammalian colon. Cell Metab. 2011;13:517-26 pubmed publisher..The mechanism is due to butyrate acting as an energy source rather than as an HDAC inhibitor...
- Jeon B, Kumar B, Kang E, Maeng G, Lee Y, Hah Y, et al. Differential cytotoxic effects of sodium meta-arsenite on human cancer cells, dental papilla stem cells and somatic cells correlate with telomeric properties and gene expression. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4315-28 pubmed
- Lee S, Kim S, Park Y, Kweon H, Kim J, Rotaru H. Cisplatin and 4-hexylresorcinol synergise to decrease metastasis and increase survival rate in an oral mucosal melanoma xenograft model: a preliminary study. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:1595-603 pubmed publisher..049). In conclusion, the combined effect of cisplatin and 4-HR resulted in fewer metastases and longer survival than cisplatin-only treatment in the OMM xenograft model. ..
- Syed F, Panettieri R, Tliba O, Huang C, Li K, Bracht M, et al. The effect of IL-13 and IL-13R130Q, a naturally occurring IL-13 polymorphism, on the gene expression of human airway smooth muscle cells. Respir Res. 2005;6:9 pubmed..The data supports the hypothesis that gene modulation by IL-13 in ASM may be essential for the events leading to the development of allergic asthma. ..
- von Furstenberg R, Gulati A, Baxi A, Doherty J, Stappenbeck T, Gracz A, et al. Sorting mouse jejunal epithelial cells with CD24 yields a population with characteristics of intestinal stem cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G409-17 pubmed publisher..This isolation method should be useful to many investigators in the field to advance both the basic understanding of ISC biology and the therapeutic applications of ISCs. ..
- Li Q, Wang X, Ma L, Wei M, Shi Q, Yang F. Molecular characterization of a cucumber nitrate reductase (CsNR) gene under NO(3) (-) stress. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:4283-90 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that NRA was not only controlled by the level of CsNR mRNA and there was an obvious negative relationship between NO(3) (-) content and NRA in leaves but not in roots...
- Yin Z, Li Y, Yu J, Liu Y, Li C, Han X, et al. Difference in miRNA expression profiles between two cotton cultivars with distinct salt sensitivity. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:4961-70 pubmed publisher..These differentially expressed miRNAs can help in further study into the role of transcriptome homeostasis in the adaptation responses of cotton to salt. ..
- Meng F, Lu W, Yu F, Kang M, Guo X, Xu B. Ribosomal protein L11 is related to brain maturation during the adult phase in Apis cerana cerana (Hymenoptera, Apidae). Naturwissenschaften. 2012;99:343-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AccRPL11 may be functional in brain maturation in honeybee adults. ..
- Wu G, Diaz A, Paugh B, Rankin S, Ju B, Li Y, et al. The genomic landscape of diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma and pediatric non-brainstem high-grade glioma. Nat Genet. 2014;46:444-450 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive analysis provides insights into the unique and shared pathways driving pediatric HGG within and outside the brainstem. ..
- Shin S, Fauman E, Petersen A, Krumsiek J, Santos R, Huang J, et al. An atlas of genetic influences on human blood metabolites. Nat Genet. 2014;46:543-550 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the role of inherited variation in blood metabolic diversity and identify potential new opportunities for drug development and for understanding disease...
- Burnette M, Zartman J. Spatiotemporal patterning of polyamines in Drosophila development. Amino Acids. 2015;47:2665-70 pubmed publisher..Understanding the regulation driving this accumulation can provide insight into PA metabolism and transport. Our findings suggest that Drosophila has great potential for investigating PAs in developmental biology. ..
- Yobi A, Schlauch K, Tillett R, Yim W, Espinoza C, Wone B, et al. Sporobolus stapfianus: Insights into desiccation tolerance in the resurrection grasses from linking transcriptomics to metabolomics. BMC Plant Biol. 2017;17:67 pubmed publisher..These findings add to the growing body of information detailing how plants tolerate and survive the severe cellular perturbations of dehydration, desiccation, and rehydration. ..
- Barlow G, Micales B, Lyons G, Korenberg J. Down syndrome cell adhesion molecule is conserved in mouse and highly expressed in the adult mouse brain. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;94:155-62 pubmed
- Cupit L, Schmidt V, Miller F, Bahou W. Distinct PAR/IQGAP expression patterns during murine development: implications for thrombin-associated cytoskeletal reorganization. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:618-29 pubmed..These data provide a panoramic survey of PAR/ IQGAP expression as an initial approach to dissect thrombin signaling pathways linked to cytoskeletal reorganization. ..
- Sheth S, Bodnar J, Ghazalpour A, Thipphavong C, Tsutsumi S, Tward A, et al. Hepatocellular carcinoma in Txnip-deficient mice. Oncogene. 2006;25:3528-36 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Txnip deficiency is sufficient to initiate HCC and suggest novel mechanisms in hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Chen A, Cuevas I, Kenny P, Miyake H, Mace K, Ghajar C, et al. Endothelial cell migration and vascular endothelial growth factor expression are the result of loss of breast tissue polarity. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6721-9 pubmed publisher..These data confirm the importance of tissue architecture and polarity in malignant progression...
- Tran N, Park J, Hong S, Lee C. Proteomics of proteins associated with astaxanthin accumulation in the green algae Haematococcus lacustris under the influence of sodium orthovanadate. Biotechnol Lett. 2009;31:1917-22 pubmed publisher..Of these, 17 highly-expressed proteins were analyzed by MALDI-TOF-MS to identify the function of the differentially expressed proteins in response to oxidative stress in H. lacustris...
- Pickarski M, Hayami T, Zhuo Y, Duong L. Molecular changes in articular cartilage and subchondral bone in the rat anterior cruciate ligament transection and meniscectomized models of osteoarthritis. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011;12:197 pubmed publisher..The findings here support genome-wide profiling efforts to elucidate the sequential and complex regulation of the disease. ..
- Zhang J, Jackson A, Naito T, Dose M, Seavitt J, Liu F, et al. Harnessing of the nucleosome-remodeling-deacetylase complex controls lymphocyte development and prevents leukemogenesis. Nat Immunol. 2011;13:86-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, release of NuRD from Ikaros regulation blocks lymphocyte maturation and mediates progression to a leukemic state by engaging functionally opposing epigenetic and genetic networks. ..
- Hameetman L, Commandeur S, Bavinck J, Wisgerhof H, de Gruijl F, Willemze R, et al. Molecular profiling of cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas and actinic keratoses from organ transplant recipients. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:58 pubmed publisher..The aim of this genome-wide study was to identify pathways and genomic alterations that are consistently involved in the formation of SCCs and their precursor lesions, actinic keratoses (AKs)...
- Baglìo S, Devescovi V, Granchi D, Baldini N. MicroRNA expression profiling of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells during osteogenic differentiation reveals Osterix regulation by miR-31. Gene. 2013;527:321-31 pubmed publisher..Our results define a miRNA signature characterizing the osteogenic differentiation of MSCs and provide evidence for the involvement of miR-31 in the regulation of the bone-specific transcription factor Osterix. ..
- Hamiduzzaman M, Emsen B, Hunt G, Subramanyam S, Williams C, Tsuruda J, et al. Differential Gene Expression Associated with Honey Bee Grooming Behavior in Response to Varroa Mites. Behav Genet. 2017;47:335-344 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the level of grooming behavior may be related to the expression pattern of vital honey bee genes. Neurexin-1, in particular, might be useful as a bio-marker for behavioral traits in bees. ..
- Park B, Lee D, Yu J, Jung S, Choi K, Kim Y, et al. Calreticulin, a calcium-binding molecular chaperone, is required for stress response and fertility in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:2835-45 pubmed..crt-1 transcript level is elevated under stress conditions, suggesting that CRT-1 may be important for stress-induced chaperoning function in C. elegans. ..
- Bodine S, Latres E, Baumhueter S, Lai V, Nunez L, Clarke B, et al. Identification of ubiquitin ligases required for skeletal muscle atrophy. Science. 2001;294:1704-8 pubmed..Overexpression of MAFbx in myotubes produced atrophy, whereas mice deficient in either MAFbx or MuRF1 were found to be resistant to atrophy. These proteins are potential drug targets for the treatment of muscle atrophy. ..
- Lobo M, Karsten S, Gray M, Geschwind D, Yang X. FACS-array profiling of striatal projection neuron subtypes in juvenile and adult mouse brains. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:443-52 pubmed..Our study provides a general approach for profiling cell type-specific gene expression in the mature mammalian brain and identifies a set of genes critical to the function and dysfunction of the striatal projection neuron circuit. ..