Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fibroblasts in Anguilla
- Chen F, Zhang G, Yu L, Feng Y, Li X, Zhang Z, et al. High-efficiency generation of induced pluripotent mesenchymal stem cells from human dermal fibroblasts using recombinant proteins. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:99 pubmed publisher..Recombinant transcription factor based reprogramming and derivatization of iPMSC offers a novel high-efficiency approach for regenerative medicine from patient-derived cells. ..
- Nakamura H, Siddiqui S, Shen X, Malik A, Pulido J, Kumar N, et al. RNA interference targeting transforming growth factor-beta type II receptor suppresses ocular inflammation and fibrosis. Mol Vis. 2004;10:703-11 pubmed..A direct application of siRNA into eyes to downregulate TbetaRII expression may provide a novel therapy for preventing ocular inflammation and scarring. ..
- Kim S, Lim K, Kwak T, Lee S, Im J, Hali S, et al. Induced neural stem cells from distinct genetic backgrounds exhibit different reprogramming status. Stem Cell Res. 2016;16:460-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data suggest that the genetic background of starting cells influences the conversion efficiency as well as reprogramming status of directly converted iNSCs. ..
- Phagoo S, Reddi K, Silvallana B, Leeb Lundberg L, Warburton D. Infection-induced kinin B1 receptors in human pulmonary fibroblasts: role of intact pathogens and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent signaling. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;313:1231-8 pubmed..cen. positively modulates the selective expression of B(1)R. Thus, providing evidence that B(1)R regulation may be an important and novel mechanism in the inflammatory cascade in response to chronic pulmonary infection and disease. ..
- Song H, Li H, Huang M, Xu D, Wang Z, Wang F. Big Animal Cloning Using Transgenic Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: A Case Study of Goat Transgenic Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Cell Reprogram. 2016;18:37-47 pubmed publisher..However, the expression of IGF-2, which is an important gene associated with embryonic development, was significantly lower in tgiPSC-Embryos than in tgF-Embryos and was not significantly different from vivo-Embryos. ..
- Pipalia N, Subramanian K, Mao S, Ralph H, Hutt D, Scott S, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitors correct the cholesterol storage defect in most Niemann-Pick C1 mutant cells. J Lipid Res. 2017;58:695-708 pubmed publisher..The mutant NPC1 did not significantly reduce cholesterol accumulation, but approximately 85% of the mutants showed reduced cholesterol accumulation when treated with vorinostat or panobinostat. ..
- Kirchoff V, Wong S, St J, Pari G. Generation of a life-expanded rhesus monkey fibroblast cell line for the growth of rhesus rhadinovirus (RRV). Arch Virol. 2002;147:321-33 pubmed..In addition, transfection experiments show that telo-RFs are easily and more efficiently transfected than wtRFs. ..
- Igal R, Coleman R. Neutral lipid storage disease: a genetic disorder with abnormalities in the regulation of phospholipid metabolism. J Lipid Res. 1998;39:31-43 pubmed..Taken as a whole, this study provides strong evidence for an underlying regulatory defect in NLSD that alters the rates of synthesis and degradation of the major cellular phospholipids. ..
- Wallis D, Tan F, Kielty C, Kimball M, Arnett F, Milewicz D. Abnormalities in fibrillin 1-containing microfibrils in dermal fibroblast cultures from patients with systemic sclerosis (scleroderma). Arthritis Rheum. 2001;44:1855-64 pubmed..Although SSc fibroblasts assemble microfibrils, these microfibrils are unstable, suggesting that an inherent defect of fibrillin 1-containing microfibrils may play a role in the pathogenesis of SSc. ..
- Gallagher R, Pils B, Albalwi M, Francke U. Evidence for the role of PWCR1/HBII-85 C/D box small nucleolar RNAs in Prader-Willi syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71:669-78 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that loss of expression of the snoRNAs in the proposed minimal critical region confers much or all of the phenotype of PWS. ..
- Caamal Herrera I, Carrillo Cocom L, Escalante RÃ©ndiz D, ArÃ¡iz HernÃ¡ndez D, Azamar Barrios J. "Antimicrobial and antiproliferative activity of essential oil, aqueous and ethanolic extracts of Ocimum micranthum Willd leaves". BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:55 pubmed publisher..More studies are necessary to improve understanding of the mechanism of action of the compounds implicated in the bioactivities shown by the crude extracts. ..
- Crawford J, Haudek S, Cieslik K, Trial J, Entman M. Origin of developmental precursors dictates the pathophysiologic role of cardiac fibroblasts. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2012;5:749-59 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that fibroblasts which generate scars arise from endogenous mesenchymal stem cells, whereas those mediating adverse remodeling are of myeloid origin and represent immunoinflammatory dysregulation. ..
- Gil L, Ansari I, Vassilev V, Liang D, Lai V, Zhong W, et al. The amino-terminal domain of bovine viral diarrhea virus Npro protein is necessary for alpha/beta interferon antagonism. J Virol. 2006;80:900-11 pubmed..Taken together, these results not only provide direct evidence for the role of Npro in blocking IFN-alpha/beta induction, but also implicate the amino-terminal domain of the protein in this function. ..
- Benjamin A, Green B, Crooker B, McKay S, Kerr D. Differential responsiveness of Holstein and Angus dermal fibroblasts to LPS challenge occurs without major differences in the methylome. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:258 pubmed publisher..Different selection strategies and management practices exist between these two breeds that likely give rise to genetic and epigenetic factors contributing to the different immune response phenotypes. ..
- Petrenko O, Ischenko I, Enrietto P. Characterization of changes in gene expression associated with malignant transformation by the NF-kappaB family member, v-Rel. Oncogene. 1997;15:1671-80 pubmed..Finally, these genes are expressed at high levels in cells overexpressing wild-type and truncated forms of c-Rel, implying that v-Rel transforms, in part, by induction of c-Rel target genes. ..
- Vance M, Llanga T, Bennett W, Woodard K, Murlidharan G, Chungfat N, et al. AAV Gene Therapy for MPS1-associated Corneal Blindness. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22131 pubmed publisher..The collective preclinical data demonstrate safe and efficient IDUA delivery to human corneas, which may prevent and potentially reverse MPS1-associated cornea blindness. ..
- Kim Y, Kim K, Han C, Yang H, Park S, Ko K, et al. Inhibitory effects of natural plants of Jeju Island on elastase and MMP-1 expression. J Cosmet Sci. 2007;58:19-33 pubmed..The results showed that four of the 60 plant extracts may hold potential for use as natural active ingredients for anti-aging cosmetics. ..
- Huang T, Yasunami M, Carlson E, Gillespie A, Reaume A, Hoffman E, et al. Superoxide-mediated cytotoxicity in superoxide dismutase-deficient fetal fibroblasts. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;344:424-32 pubmed
- Verdijk P, Dijkman R, Plasmeijer E, Mulder A, Zoutman W, Mieke Mommaas A, et al. A lack of Birbeck granules in Langerhans cells is associated with a naturally occurring point mutation in the human Langerin gene. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;124:714-7 pubmed..Expression of mutated Langerin in human fibroblasts induces tubular-like structures that are negative for BG-specific antibodies and do not resemble the characteristic structural features of BG. ..
- Barker T, Pallero M, MacEwen M, Tilden S, Woods A, Murphy Ullrich J, et al. Thrombospondin-1-induced focal adhesion disassembly in fibroblasts requires Thy-1 surface expression, lipid raft integrity, and Src activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23510-6 pubmed..This represents a novel role for Thy-1 in the regulation of fibroblast-matrix interactions critical to tissue homeostasis and remodeling. ..
- Meng L, Zhou J, Sasano H, Suzuki T, Zeitoun K, Bulun S. Tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin 11 secreted by malignant breast epithelial cells inhibit adipocyte differentiation by selectively down-regulating CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma: m. Cancer Res. 2001;61:2250-5 pubmed..This tumor-induced block in adipocyte differentiation is mediated by the selective inhibition of expression of the essential adipogenic transcription factors, i.e., PPARgamma and C/EBPalpha. ..
- Zhang H, Liu C, Su K, Su K, Yu S, Zhang L, et al. A membrane form of TNF-alpha presented by exosomes delays T cell activation-induced cell death. J Immunol. 2006;176:7385-93 pubmed..Neutralization of exosomal membrane TNF-alpha by sTNFbp partially reversed this resistance, suggesting that not only TNF-alpha but also additional exosomal proteins may contribute to the development of apoptosis resistance. ..
- Liu G, Ding W, Liu X, Mulder K. c-Fos is required for TGFbeta1 production and the associated paracrine migratory effects of human colon carcinoma cells. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:582-93 pubmed..Thus, c-Fos may have utility as a target for blocking tumor cell-secreted TGFbeta1, thereby suppressing the migratory behavior associated with the malignant phenotype of HCCCs. ..
- Lee S, Pfeifer G, Lee C. Mutation spectra induced by adozelesin in the supF gene of human XP-A fibroblasts. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:633-6 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that the DNA alkylating sequence of adozelesin influences the type of DNA mutation. ..
- Takagawa S, Lakos G, Mori Y, Yamamoto T, Nishioka K, Varga J. Sustained activation of fibroblast transforming growth factor-beta/Smad signaling in a murine model of scleroderma. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:41-50 pubmed..These findings raise the possibility that Smads plays an important part in the pathogenesis of fibrosis, and may therefore represent targets for selective anti-fibrotic interventions. ..
- Bae J, Sim G, Kim J, Pyo H, Yun J, Lee B. Antioxidative activity of the hydrolytic enzyme treated Sorbus commixta Hedl. and its inhibitory effect on matrix metalloproteinase-1 in UV irradiated human dermal fibroblasts. Arch Pharm Res. 2007;30:1116-23 pubmed..These results suggest that beta-GSCoE may mitigate the effects of photoaging in skin by reducing UV-induced adverse skin reactions...
- Luan X, Diekwisch T. CP27 affects viability, proliferation, attachment and gene expression in embryonic fibroblasts. Cell Prolif. 2002;35:207-19 pubmed..We conclude that CP27 plays an important role in the maintance of normal cell function and that CP27 block leads to significant changes in cellular behaviour. ..
- Price W. PDGF-BB regulates IGF-mediated IGFBP-4 proteolysis in fetal lung fibroblasts. Exp Lung Res. 2001;27:655-74 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that PDGF-BB increases the accumulation of ICFBP-4 in fetal rat lung fibroblasts CM through increased production and by inhibiting IGF-mediated IGFBP-4 proteolysis. ..
- Stearns Reider K, D Amore A, Beezhold K, Rothrauff B, Cavalli L, Wagner W, et al. Aging of the skeletal muscle extracellular matrix drives a stem cell fibrogenic conversion. Aging Cell. 2017;16:518-528 pubmed publisher..The findings here suggest that an age-related increase in muscle stiffness drives YAP/TAZ-mediated pathogenic expression of matricellular proteins by fibroblasts, ultimately disrupting MuSC fate...
- Luo Y, Lin F, Lin W. ATM-mediated stabilization of hMutL DNA mismatch repair proteins augments p53 activation during DNA damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6430-44 pubmed..These observations identify hMutL proteins as regulators of p53 response and demonstrate for the first time a function of hMLH1-hPMS1 complex in controlling the DNA damage response. ..
- Peterson R, Lim L, Ye H, Zhou H, Overdier D, Costa R. The winged helix transcriptional activator HFH-8 is expressed in the mesoderm of the primitive streak stage of mouse embryos and its cellular derivatives. Mech Dev. 1997;69:53-69 pubmed
- Liang Q, Benavides G, Vassilopoulos A, Gius D, Darley Usmar V, Zhang J. Bioenergetic and autophagic control by Sirt3 in response to nutrient deprivation in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Biochem J. 2013;454:249-57 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that nutrient deprivation-induced autophagy plays a protective role in cell survival, and Sirt3 decreases the requirement for enhanced autophagy and improves cellular bioenergetics. ..
- Leu S, Chen N, Chen C, Todorovic V, Bai T, Juric V, et al. Targeted mutagenesis of the angiogenic protein CCN1 (CYR61). Selective inactivation of integrin alpha6beta1-heparan sulfate proteoglycan coreceptor-mediated cellular functions. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44177-87 pubmed
- Cleaver J, Afzal V, Feeney L, McDowell M, Sadinski W, Volpe J, et al. Increased ultraviolet sensitivity and chromosomal instability related to P53 function in the xeroderma pigmentosum variant. Cancer Res. 1999;59:1102-8 pubmed..The symptoms of elevated solar carcinogenesis in XPV patients may, therefore, be associated with increased genomic instability in cells of the skin in which p53 is inactivated by UV-induced mutations. ..
- Jiang Q, Reddy N, Yang Y. Cytocompatible cross-linking of electrospun zein fibers for the development of water-stable tissue engineering scaffolds. Acta Biomater. 2010;6:4042-51 pubmed publisher..Citric acid cross-linked electrospun zein scaffolds showed better attachment, spreading and proliferation of fibroblast cells than uncross-linked electrospun zein fibers, cross-linked zein films and electrospun polylactide fibers. ..
- Wystrychowski W, Patlolla B, Zhuge Y, Neofytou E, Robbins R, Beygui R. Multipotency and cardiomyogenic potential of human adipose-derived stem cells from epicardium, pericardium, and omentum. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:84 pubmed publisher..Epicardial ADSCs may thus serve as the valuable subject for further studies on more effective methods of adult stem cell differentiation toward cardiomyocytes. ..
- Tilghman R, Slack Davis J, Sergina N, Martin K, Iwanicki M, Hershey E, et al. Focal adhesion kinase is required for the spatial organization of the leading edge in migrating cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2613-23 pubmed..These data are consistent with a role for FAK in regulating the formation of a leading edge during cell migration by coordinating integrin signaling to direct the correct spatial activation of membrane protrusion. ..
- Theiss A, Fuller C, Simmons J, Liu B, Sartor R, Lund P. Growth hormone reduces the severity of fibrosis associated with chronic intestinal inflammation. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:204-19 pubmed..GH modestly reduces intestinal fibrosis associated with chronic experimental enterocolitis and stimulates expression of antifibrogenic SOCS-3, suggesting that GH therapy in inflammatory bowel disease should not exacerbate fibrosis. ..
- Moon H, Kim M, Woo E, Chung J. Triterpenoid from Styrax japonica SIEB. et ZUCC, and its effects on the expression of matrix metalloproteinases-1 and type 1 procollagen caused by ultraviolet irradiated cultured primary human skin fibroblasts. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:2003-6 pubmed..Four triterpenoids were isolated by column chromatography. Among them, Erythrodiol-3-acetate reduced of MMP-1 and induced of type 1 procollagen at the protein levels in a dose-dependent manner...
- Winer B, Huang T, Pludwinski E, Heller B, Wojcik F, Lipkowitz G, et al. Long-term hepatitis B infection in a scalable hepatic co-culture system. Nat Commun. 2017;8:125 pubmed publisher..Here, Winer et al. establish a self-assembling, primary hepatocyte co-culture system that can be infected with patient-derived HBV without further modifications. ..
- Patwardhan P, Shen Y, Goldberg G, Miller W. Individual Cas phosphorylation sites are dispensable for processive phosphorylation by Src and anchorage-independent cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20689-97 pubmed..Mutants lacking some or all YXXP sites augment the ability of Src to promote anchorage-independent growth. On the other hand, deletion of YXXP sites compromises the ability of Cas to promote tumor cell migration. ..
- Block G, Ohkouchi S, Fung F, Frenkel J, Gregory C, Pochampally R, et al. Multipotent stromal cells are activated to reduce apoptosis in part by upregulation and secretion of stanniocalcin-1. Stem Cells. 2009;27:670-681 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that STC-1 mediates the antiapoptotic effects of MSCs in two distinct models of apoptosis in vitro. ..
- Provost J, Olmschenk S, Metcalf A, Korpi N, Thronson H, Liu M, et al. Phospholipase C-beta1 mediates alpha1-adrenergic receptor-stimulated activation of the sodium-hydrogen exchanger in Chinese hamster lung fibroblasts (CCL39). Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;83:123-32 pubmed..Furthermore, the data indicate that alpha1-adrenergic signaling of PLCbeta is upstream of ERK activation. These data demonstrate that PLCbeta1 is primarily involved in the activation of NHE1 in CCL39 fibroblasts. ..
- Vladutiu G, Bennett M, Smail D, Wong L, Taggart R, Lindsley H. A variable myopathy associated with heterozygosity for the R503C mutation in the carnitine palmitoyltransferase II gene. Mol Genet Metab. 2000;70:134-41 pubmed..We present biochemical and molecular evidence for vertical transmission of a variable myopathy caused by heterozygosity for a single mutation, R503C, in the CPT2 gene. ..
- Shylo N, Christopher K, Iglesias A, Daluiski A, Weatherbee S. TMEM107 Is a Critical Regulator of Ciliary Protein Composition and Is Mutated in Orofaciodigital Syndrome. Hum Mutat. 2016;37:155-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that TMEM107 plays a key, conserved role in regulating ciliary protein composition, and is a novel candidate for ciliopathies of unknown etiology. ..
- Castro M, del Valle Guijarro M, Moneo V, Carnero A. Cellular senescence induced by p53-ras cooperation is independent of p21waf1 in murine embryo fibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2004;92:514-24 pubmed..Our results indicate that oncogenic activation of the Ras pathway in murine fibroblasts converts p53 into a senescence inducer through a p21waf1-independent mechanism. ..
- Yang K, Jang H, Hwang I, Chung Y, Choi J, Lee T, et al. Phenyl 2-pyridyl ketoxime induces cellular senescence-like alterations via nitric oxide production in human diploid fibroblasts. Aging Cell. 2016;15:245-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PPKO induces cellular senescence in association with transient ROS and NO production and the subsequent induction of senescence-associated proteins. ..
- Boukhelifa M, Parast M, Bear J, Gertler F, Otey C. Palladin is a novel binding partner for Ena/VASP family members. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2004;58:17-29 pubmed..These results suggest that the recently described actin-associated protein palladin may play an important role in recruiting VASP to sites of actin filament growth, anchorage, and crosslinking. ..
- Kim Y, Kim K, Han C, Park S, Yang H, Lee B, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of Crinum asiaticum Linne var. japonicum extract and its application as a cosmeceutical ingredient. J Cosmet Sci. 2008;59:419-30 pubmed..japonicum has a sufficient anti-inflammatory effect. Therefore, Crinum asiaticum Linne var. japonicum extract may be useful for development as an ingredient in cosmetic products...
- Grafakou O, Oexle K, Van Den Heuvel L, Smeets R, Trijbels F, Goebel H, et al. Leigh syndrome due to compound heterozygosity of dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase gene mutations. Description of the first E3 splice site mutation. Eur J Pediatr. 2003;162:714-8 pubmed..A heterozygous polymorphism was also detected. In the patient's cDNA the I393T mutation and the polymorphism appeared to be homozygous, indicating that the mRNA coming from the IVS9+1G>A mutant allele is not stable...
- Erez N, Truitt M, Olson P, Arron S, Hanahan D. Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Are Activated in Incipient Neoplasia to Orchestrate Tumor-Promoting Inflammation in an NF-kappaB-Dependent Manner. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:135-47 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that normal dermal fibroblasts can be "educated" by carcinoma cells to express proinflammatory genes. ..
- Silva V, Pereira L, Murata R. Oral microbe-host interactions: influence of ?-glucans on gene expression of inflammatory cytokines and metabolome profile. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:53 pubmed publisher..Acetophenone, benzoic acid, and pinitol presented reduced concentrations only when treated with 10 ?g/mL of ?-glucan. Treatment with ?-glucans positively modulated the immune response and production of metabolites. ..
- Zhu Y, Li M. [Research progress of cell-scaffold complex in tendon tissue engineering]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2013;27:481-5 pubmed..The cell-scaffold complex for tendon tissue engineering is a popular research topic. Although it has not yet met the requirement of clinical use, it has broad application prospects. ..
- Munakata H, Sun J, Yoshida K, Nakatani T, Honda E, Hayakawa S, et al. Role of the heme regulatory motif in the heme-mediated inhibition of mitochondrial import of 5-aminolevulinate synthase. J Biochem. 2004;136:233-8 pubmed..These results may reflect the difference in the physiological functions of the two ALAS isoforms. ..
- Kralova J, Liss A, Bargmann W, Bose H. AP-1 factors play an important role in transformation induced by the v-rel oncogene. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2997-3009 pubmed..This is the first report showing that v-Rel might execute its oncogenic potential through modulating the activity of early response genes. ..
- Kim Y, Byun H, Jee B, Cho H, Seo Y, Kim Y, et al. Implications of time-series gene expression profiles of replicative senescence. Aging Cell. 2013;12:622-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reflect a detailed process of cellular senescence and provide diverse genome-wide information of cellular backgrounds for senescence. ..
- Sa A, Sawatdee S, Phadoongsombut N, Buatong W, Nakpeng T, Sritharadol R, et al. Quantitative analysis of povidone-iodine thin films by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and their physicochemical properties. Acta Pharm. 2017;67:169-186 pubmed publisher..The formulation containing 59 % ethanol, 18 % copovidone and 12 % PEG 400 showed good antibacterial activity. ..
- Lu Q, Ray D, Gutsch D, Richardson B. Effect of DNA methylation and chromatin structure on ITGAL expression. Blood. 2002;99:4503-8 pubmed..The results thus indicate that methylation and chromatin structure may contribute to the tissue-specific expression of CD11a. ..
- Si Y, Ren J, Wang P, Rateri D, Daugherty A, Shi X, et al. Protein kinase C-delta mediates adventitial cell migration through regulation of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in a rat angioplasty model. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:943-54 pubmed publisher..Blockage of MCP-1 while enhancing apoptosis may serve as a potential therapeutic strategy to attenuate intimal hyperplasia. ..
- Furtado M, Hasham M. Properties and Immune Function of Cardiac Fibroblasts. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;1003:35-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we will briefly discuss these aspects of cardiac fibroblast biology and then focus on their immunomodulatory role in the heart. ..
- Zhong Z, Spate L, Hao Y, Li R, Lai L, Katayama M, et al. Remodeling of centrosomes in intraspecies and interspecies nuclear transfer porcine embryos. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:1510-20 pubmed
- Lim S, Longley R, Couchman J, Woods A. Direct binding of syndecan-4 cytoplasmic domain to the catalytic domain of protein kinase C alpha (PKC alpha) increases focal adhesion localization of PKC alpha. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13795-802 pubmed..The data support a mechanism where syndecan-4 binds PKC alpha and localizes it to focal adhesions, whose assembly may be regulated by the kinase. ..
- Chen L, Kuang F, Wei L, Ding Y, Yung K, Chan Y. Potential application of induced pluripotent stem cells in cell replacement therapy for Parkinson's disease. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2011;10:449-58 pubmed..Future investigations into cell transforming and reprogramming processes are needed to generate the disease-specific iPS cells for personalized regeneration medicine of PD patients by disclosing detailed reprogramming mechanisms. ..
- Zariwala M, Liu J, Xiong Y. Cyclin E2, a novel human G1 cyclin and activating partner of CDK2 and CDK3, is induced by viral oncoproteins. Oncogene. 1998;17:2787-98 pubmed..These data suggest that the expression of these two G1 E-type cyclins may be similarly regulated by the pRb function, but distinctly by the p53 activity. ..
- Si K, Wei L, Yu X, Wu F, Li X, Li C, et al. Effects of (+)-usnic acid and (+)-usnic acid-liposome on Toxoplasma gondii. Exp Parasitol. 2016;166:68-74 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the basis for further study and development of usnic acid as a potential agent for treating toxoplasmosis. ..
- Chen C, Chen N, Lau L. The angiogenic factors Cyr61 and connective tissue growth factor induce adhesive signaling in primary human skin fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10443-52 pubmed
- Yi X, White D, Aisner D, Baur J, Wright W, Shay J. An alternate splicing variant of the human telomerase catalytic subunit inhibits telomerase activity. Neoplasia. 2000;2:433-40 pubmed..This alternately spliced dominant-negative variant may be important in understanding telomerase regulation during development, differentiation and in cancer progression. ..
- Kumar B, Maeng G, Lee Y, Lee J, Jeon B, Ock S, et al. Epigenetic modification of fetal fibroblasts improves developmental competency and gene expression in porcine cloned embryos. Vet Res Commun. 2013;37:19-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, somatic cells with relatively hypomethylated or hyperacetylated genome may enhance reprogramming efficiency in porcine NT...
- Pickarski M, Hayami T, Zhuo Y, Duong L. Molecular changes in articular cartilage and subchondral bone in the rat anterior cruciate ligament transection and meniscectomized models of osteoarthritis. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011;12:197 pubmed publisher..The findings here support genome-wide profiling efforts to elucidate the sequential and complex regulation of the disease. ..
- Jiang Y, Saavedra H, Holloway M, Leone G, Altura R. Aberrant regulation of survivin by the RB/E2F family of proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40511-20 pubmed
- Wang Z, Wei H, Yu Y, Sun J, Yang Y, Xing G, et al. Characterization of Ceap-11 and Ceap-16, two novel splicing-variant-proteins, associated with centrosome, microtubule aggregation and cell proliferation. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:71-82 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide the first evidence for the function of Ceap-11 and Ceap-16, the two novel human proteins, namely, association with centrosome, microtubule aggregation and cell proliferation. ..