Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Anguilla
Publications757 found, 100 shown here
- Ling F, Wang J, Wang G, Gong X. Effect of potassium ferrate(VI) on survival and reproduction of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis tomonts. Parasitol Res. 2011;109:1423-8 pubmed publisher..05). This study demonstrated that a bath with potassium ferrate(VI) possibly was an effective method to treat ichthyophthiriasis...
- Novick A, Forster G, Tejani Butt S, Watt M. Adolescent social defeat alters markers of adult dopaminergic function. Brain Res Bull. 2011;86:123-8 pubmed publisher..Thus it appears that social defeat during adolescence causes specific changes to the adult dopamine system, which may contribute to behavioral alterations and increased drug seeking. ..
- Charlesworth A, Yamamoto T, Cook J, Silva K, Kotter C, Carter G, et al. Xenopus laevis zygote arrest 2 (zar2) encodes a zinc finger RNA-binding protein that binds to the translational control sequence in the maternal Wee1 mRNA and regulates translation. Dev Biol. 2012;369:177-90 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a molecular function of zygote arrest proteins. These data show that Zar2 contains a zinc finger and is a trans-acting factor for the TCS in maternal mRNAs in immature Xenopus oocytes...
- Crawford J, Haudek S, Cieslik K, Trial J, Entman M. Origin of developmental precursors dictates the pathophysiologic role of cardiac fibroblasts. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2012;5:749-59 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that fibroblasts which generate scars arise from endogenous mesenchymal stem cells, whereas those mediating adverse remodeling are of myeloid origin and represent immunoinflammatory dysregulation. ..
- Yang B, Li X, Ni Y, Du H, Wang R, Li M, et al. Protective Effect of Isorhamnetin on Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Mice. Inflammation. 2016;39:129-137 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, isorhamnetin pretreatment significantly suppressed LPS-induced activation of COX-2. Isorhamnetin has been demonstrated to protect mice from LPS-induced ALI by inhibiting the expression of COX-2. ..
- Kim J, Kim W. Use of the Integrated Biomarker Response to Measure the Effect of Short-term Exposure to Dibenz[a,h]anthracene in Common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;96:496-501 pubmed publisher..Based on the IBR values, the order of toxicity for the PAHs was BkF > BaP > DbA. Our results suggest that the IBR can be used as a quantitative tool for evaluating the responses of multiple biomarkers to PAH exposure. ..
- Daval N, Marchal C, Guillaumot L, HÃ¼e T, Ravel C, Keck N, et al. First report of autochthonous non-vectorial canine leishmaniasis in New Caledonia, south-western Pacific: implications for new control measures and recommendations on importation of dogs. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:108 pubmed publisher..New leishmaniasis control measures and recommendations to avoid future CanL introduction on the island are discussed. ..
- Perry R, Petersen K, Shulman G. Pleotropic effects of leptin to reverse insulin resistance and diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetologia. 2016;59:933-7 pubmed publisher..1007/s00125-016-3898-3 , and by Christoffer Clemmensen and colleagues, DOI: 10.1007/s00125-016-3906-7 ) and an overview by the Session Chair, Ulf Smith (DOI: 10.1007/s00125-016-3894-7 ). ..
- Stearns Reider K, D Amore A, Beezhold K, Rothrauff B, Cavalli L, Wagner W, et al. Aging of the skeletal muscle extracellular matrix drives a stem cell fibrogenic conversion. Aging Cell. 2017;16:518-528 pubmed publisher..The findings here suggest that an age-related increase in muscle stiffness drives YAP/TAZ-mediated pathogenic expression of matricellular proteins by fibroblasts, ultimately disrupting MuSC fate...
- Luz A, Godebo T, Smith L, Leuthner T, Maurer L, Meyer J. Deficiencies in mitochondrial dynamics sensitize Caenorhabditis elegans to arsenite and other mitochondrial toxicants by reducing mitochondrial adaptability. Toxicology. 2017;387:81-94 pubmed publisher..It also suggests that individuals suffering from deficiencies in mitodynamic processes may be more susceptible to the mitochondrial toxicity of arsenic and other toxicants. ..
- Kang L, Connolly T, Weng N, Jian W. LC-MS/MS quantification of 7?-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one (C4) in rat and monkey plasma. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1064:49-55 pubmed publisher..Matrix effect, recovery, and plasma stability of bench-top, freeze-thaw, and long-term frozen storage were also evaluated. The method has been successfully applied to pre-clinical studies. ..
- Hwang J, Kang S, Kang A, Jung H, Jung C, Jeong J, et al. MOK, a pharmacopuncture medicine, regulates thyroid dysfunction in L-thyroxin-induced hyperthyroidism in rats through the regulation of oxidation and the TRPV1 ion channel. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:535 pubmed publisher..This anti-hyperthyroidism effect of MOK pharmacopuncture is thought to be related to the control of thermo-regulating protein TRPV1 in DRG and brain. ..
- Vannozzi M, Ottone M, Mariggio M, Cafaggi S, Parodi B, Cilli M, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analysis of platinum after combined treatment of cisplatin and procainamide hydrochloride in mice bearing P388 leukemia. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:1509-16 pubmed..This study was performed in order to investigate if procainamide hydrochloride may influence the therapeutic index of cisplatin by inducing modifications of its pharmacokinetics and pharmacodymanics in vivo...
- Carter L, Wu H, Chen W, Matthews M, Mehta A, Hernandez R, et al. Novel gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) analogs share some, but not all, of the behavioral effects of GHB and GABAB receptor agonists. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;313:1314-23 pubmed..Ataxia that was observed with UMB86, UMB72, UMB73, and 3-HPA was not antagonized by CGP35348, suggesting that ataxia induced by these analogs is not mediated by GABA(B) receptors and might involve GHB receptors. ..
- Freitas R, Uribe Mariño A, Castiblanco Urbina M, Elias Filho D, Coimbra N. GABA(A) receptor blockade in dorsomedial and ventromedial nuclei of the hypothalamus evokes panic-like elaborated defensive behaviour followed by innate fear-induced antinociception. Brain Res. 2009;1305:118-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the GABA(A) receptor of dorsomedial and ventromedial hypothalamic nuclei are critically involved in the modulation of panic-like behaviour. ..
- Chung O, Lee H, Kim Y, Sohn W, Kwak S, Seo M. First report of human infection with Gynaecotyla squatarolae and first Korean record of Haplorchis pumilio in a patient. Parasitol Int. 2011;60:227-9 pubmed publisher..Three worms were identified as G. squatarolae, and the last one proven to be Haplorchis pumilio. This is the first worldwide report of G. squatarolae infection in humans, and the first H. pumilio infection in Korean people...
- Rawat V, Goux W, Piechaczyk M, D Mello S. c-Fos Protects Neurons Through a Noncanonical Mechanism Involving HDAC3 Interaction: Identification of a 21-Amino Acid Fragment with Neuroprotective Activity. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:1165-80 pubmed publisher..This cell-permeable peptide, designated as Fos-CTF, could have potential as a therapeutic agent for neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Zhang B, Gallegos M, Puoti A, Durkin E, Fields S, Kimble J, et al. A conserved RNA-binding protein that regulates sexual fates in the C. elegans hermaphrodite germ line. Nature. 1997;390:477-84 pubmed..We propose that FBF and Pumilio are members of a widespread family of sequence-specific RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Dorfman J, Zerrahn J, Coles M, Raulet D. The basis for self-tolerance of natural killer cells in beta2-microglobulin- and TAP-1- mice. J Immunol. 1997;159:5219-25 pubmed
- Choi S, Dallman M. Hypothalamic obesity: multiple routes mediated by loss of function in medial cell groups. Endocrinology. 1999;140:4081-8 pubmed..These studies distinguish among functions in the four medial hypothalamic nuclei and suggest that interactions among them normally serve to regulate energy balance through alterations in food acquisition and storage. ..
- Durden L, Webb J. Abrocomaphthirus hoplai, a new genus and species of sucking louse from Chile and its relevance to zoogeography. Med Vet Entomol. 1999;13:447-52 pubmed..Arguments are presented in support of an ancestral zoogeographical link to Africa for these louse genera...
- Barrett A, Cook C, Terner J, Roach E, Syvanthong C, Picker M. Sex and rat strain determine sensitivity to kappa opioid-induced antinociception. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002;160:170-81 pubmed..Similar to data obtained with micro opioids, the magnitude of these sex differences was generally larger with the less effective kappa opioids and determined, in part, by rat strain and nociceptive stimulus intensity. ..
- Sellak H, Yang X, Cao X, Cornwell T, Soff G, Lincoln T. Sp1 transcription factor as a molecular target for nitric oxide-- and cyclic nucleotide--mediated suppression of cGMP-dependent protein kinase-Ialpha expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 2002;90:405-12 pubmed..These results indicate that PKG-Ialpha gene expression is driven by an Sp1 transcription mechanism, and that NO and cAMP inhibit Sp1-mediated PKG-Ialpha gene expression through separate mechanisms. ..
- Peti Peterdi J, Warnock D, Bell P. Angiotensin II directly stimulates ENaC activity in the cortical collecting duct via AT(1) receptors. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:1131-5 pubmed..AT(1) receptor blockade with candesartan or losartan (10(-6) M) prevented the stimulatory effects of AngII. Regulation of ENaC activity by AngII may play an important role in distal Na(+) reabsorption in health and disease. ..
- Berridge C, Isaac S, España R. Additive wake-promoting actions of medial basal forebrain noradrenergic alpha1- and beta-receptor stimulation. Behav Neurosci. 2003;117:350-9 pubmed..Within both MS and MPOA, additive wake-promoting actions were observed with alpha1- and beta-receptor stimulation, the sum of which contributes to the overall arousal state of the animal. ..
- Son Y, Lee K, Lee J, Jang H, Kim J, Jeon Y, et al. Selective antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of flavonoids purified from Rhus verniciflua Stokes on normal versus transformed hepatic cell lines. Toxicol Lett. 2005;155:115-25 pubmed..8 cells is thought to be associated with RCMF-induced apoptosis. Our findings suggest that RCMF is an agent which may be capable of inducing growth inhibition and apoptosis of hepatic tumor cells. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang M, Laties A, Mitchell C. Stimulation of P2X7 receptors elevates Ca2+ and kills retinal ganglion cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:2183-91 pubmed..Short-term stimulation of the P2X(7) receptor can raise Ca(2+) in rat retinal ganglion cells, whereas sustained stimulation of the receptor can kill them. ..
- Dwyer M, Biju P. Discovery of 3,4-diaminocyclobut-3-ene-1,2-dione-based CXCR2 receptor antagonists for the treatment of inflammatory disorders. Curr Top Med Chem. 2010;10:1339-50 pubmed..The medicinal chemistry efforts leading to the discovery of SCH 527123, the in-vitro and in-vivo pharmacology for this compound, and an overview of the clinical evaluation of SCH 527123 will also be discussed. ..
- Hansen R, Trees A, Bah G, Hetzel U, Martin C, Bain O, et al. A worm's best friend: recruitment of neutrophils by Wolbachia confounds eosinophil degranulation against the filarial nematode Onchocerca ochengi. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:2293-302 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data offer strong support for the hypothesis that Wolbachia confers longevity on O. ochengi through a defensive mutualism, which diverts a potentially lethal effector cell response. ..
- Ippagunta S, Hadenfeldt T, Miner J, Hargrave Barnes K. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid induces lipolysis in adipose tissue of coconut oil-fed mice but not soy oil-fed mice. Lipids. 2011;46:821-30 pubmed publisher..05) in COÂ +Â CLA-fed mice. Therefore, the enhanced CLA-induced body fat loss in CO and FF-fed mice appears to involve increased lipolysis but this effect may be decreasing by 12Â days of CLA consumption. ..
- Shivshankar P, Brampton C, Miyasato S, Kasper M, Thannickal V, Le Saux C. Caveolin-1 deficiency protects from pulmonary fibrosis by modulating epithelial cell senescence in mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;47:28-36 pubmed publisher..Hence, therapeutic strategies to modulate the expression of cav-1 should take into account cell-specific effects in the regenerative responses of the lung epithelium to injury. ..
- Niu Y, Li Y, Kong X, Zhang R, Sun Y, Li Q, et al. The beneficial effect of Radix Dipsaci total saponins on bone metabolism in vitro and in vivo and the possible mechanisms of action. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:2649-60 pubmed publisher..RTS treatment can effectively suppress the loss of bone mass induced by OVX and in vitro evidence suggests this could be through actions on both osteoblasts and osteoclasts. ..
- Silveyra P, Floros J. Genetic complexity of the human surfactant-associated proteins SP-A1 and SP-A2. Gene. 2013;531:126-32 pubmed publisher..The aim of this report is to describe the genetic complexity of the SFTPA1 and SFTPA2 genes, as well as to review regulatory mechanisms that control SP-A expression in humans and other animal species. ..
- Yu Y, Zhao Z, Chen X, Xie F, Yang Y, Chen J. Activation of tetrodotoxin-resistant sodium channel NaV1.9 in rat primary sensory neurons contributes to melittin-induced pain behavior. Neuromolecular Med. 2013;15:209-17 pubmed publisher..9, but not NaV1.8, in small-sized DRG neurons contributes to melittin-induced heat hypersensitivity. Furthermore, melittin-induced biological effect indicates a potential strategy to study properties of TTX-R sodium channels. ..
- Ahmed M, Matsumura F. Synergistic actions of formamidine insecticides on the activity of pyrethroids and neonicotinoids against Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae). J Med Entomol. 2012;49:1405-10 pubmed..These results indicate that amitraz is a promising synergist that shows the potential to increase the efficacy of certain members of type II pyrethroids as well as neonicotinoids to control Ae. aegypti larvae. ..
- Stocks J, Sonnappa S. Early life influences on the development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2013;7:161-73 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on factors that adversely influence lung development in utero and during the first 5 years of life, thereby predisposing to subsequent COPD. ..
- Brouwer K, Daamen W, van Lochem N, Reijnen D, Wijnen R, van Kuppevelt T. Construction and in vivo evaluation of a dual layered collagenous scaffold with a radial pore structure for repair of the diaphragm. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:6844-51 pubmed publisher..Elongated cells (SMA-positive) were aligned with the radial structures. In conclusion, collagenous scaffolds with a stable radial pore structure can be constructed which facilitate cellular in-growth and alignment in vivo...
- Kaengkan P, Baek S, Kim J, Kam K, Do B, Lee E, et al. Administration of mesenchymal stem cells and ziprasidone enhanced amelioration of ischemic brain damage in rats. Mol Cells. 2013;36:534-41 pubmed publisher..These effects might be responsible for improved functional behavior and increased survival of NPCs. Our finding indicates that combination therapy of ziprasidone and NPCs enhances neuroprotection against ischemic brain injury. ..
- Nikulina T, Mandelshtam M, Petrov A, Nazarenko V, Yunakov N. A survey of the weevils of Ukraine.Â Bark and ambrosia beetles (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Platypodinae and Scolytinae). Zootaxa. 2015;3912:1-61 pubmed publisher..maiche (Eggers, 1942) is a junior synonym of A. maiche (Kurentsov, 1941).Â ..
- Jiao M. Description of two new species of the leafhopper genus Karachiota (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Typhlocybinae: Dikraneurini ) from China. Zootaxa. 2015;3915:446-50 pubmed publisher..Two new species of the dikraneurine leafhopper genus Karachiota Ahmed are reported from China: Karachiota recurva sp. nov. and Karachiota aristata sp. nov.. A key of all species of the genus is provided.Â ..
- Bajar B, Wang E, Lam A, Kim B, Jacobs C, Howe E, et al. Improving brightness and photostability of green and red fluorescent proteins for live cell imaging and FRET reporting. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20889 pubmed publisher..Finally, using mClover3 and mRuby3, we engineered an improved version of the CaMKIIÎ± reporter CamuiÎ± with a larger response amplitude. ..
- Craig N, Kass S, Sollner Webb B. Sequence organization and RNA structural motifs directing the mouse primary rRNA-processing event. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:458-67 pubmed..Use of antisense RNA, in trans and in cis, to sequester the +655 region in a duplex supported the hypothesis that this critical region was needed in a single-stranded conformation for processing and for specific complex formation. ..
- Seidl A, Davila A, Silva R. Estimated financial impact of Trypanosoma vivax on the Brazilian pantanal and Bolivian lowlands. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 1999;94:269-72 pubmed..Had the outbreak gone untreated, the estimated losses would have exceeded 17% of total brood cow value...
- Sharp D, Rogers G, Scholey J. Microtubule motors in mitosis. Nature. 2000;407:41-7 pubmed..Transitions from one steady state to the next can occur when a change in the activity of a subset of mitotic motors tips the balance. ..
- Vickery M, McClintock J. Effects of food concentration and availability on the incidence of cloning in planktotrophic larvae of the sea star Pisaster ochraceus. Biol Bull. 2000;199:298-304 pubmed
- Khavinson V, Kvetnoi I, Popuchiev V, Iuzhakov V, Kotlova L. [Effect of pineal peptides on neuroendocrine system after pinealectomy]. Arkh Patol. 2001;63:18-21 pubmed..Injection of pineal peptides epithalone and epithalamine eliminated these changes. Biological activity of epithalone is believed to be higher than that of epithalamine...
- Kirchoff V, Wong S, St J, Pari G. Generation of a life-expanded rhesus monkey fibroblast cell line for the growth of rhesus rhadinovirus (RRV). Arch Virol. 2002;147:321-33 pubmed..In addition, transfection experiments show that telo-RFs are easily and more efficiently transfected than wtRFs. ..
- Lefebvre K, Bargu S, Kieckhefer T, Silver M. From sanddabs to blue whales: the pervasiveness of domoic acid. Toxicon. 2002;40:971-7 pubmed..Fish as diverse as benthic sanddabs and pelagic albacore were found to contain the neurotoxin, suggesting that DA permeates benthic as well as pelagic communities. ..
- Harris H, Kasravi F. Lipoprotein-bound LPS induces cytokine tolerance in hepatocytes. J Endotoxin Res. 2003;9:45-50 pubmed
- Davis I, Sullender W, Hickman Davis J, Lindsey J, Matalon S. Nucleotide-mediated inhibition of alveolar fluid clearance in BALB/c mice after respiratory syncytial virus infection. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;286:L112-20 pubmed..Reduced AFC may result in formation of an increased volume of fluid mucus, airway congestion, and rhinorrhea, all features of severe RSV disease. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Park Y, Choi H. Synergistic activation of the human orphan nuclear receptor SHP gene promoter by basic helix-loop-helix protein E2A and orphan nuclear receptor SF-1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:6860-72 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the E2A proteins differentially regulate the human and mouse SHP promoters and cooperate with orphan nuclear receptor SF-1 for transcriptional activation of the hSHP promoter. ..
- Munoz Zanzi C, Thurmond M, Hietala S, Johnson W. Factors affecting sensitivity and specificity of pooled-sample testing for diagnosis of low prevalence infections. Prev Vet Med. 2006;74:309-22 pubmed..67 to 0.86, depending on the probability that the assay would detect the cross-reacting agent. The methods presented offer a means of evaluating and understanding the various factors that can influence overall accuracy of PST procedures. ..
- Salam M, Katz J, Zhang P, Hajishengallis G, Michalek S. Immunogenicity of Salmonella vector vaccines expressing SBR of Streptococcus mutans under the control of a T7-nirB (dual) promoter system. Vaccine. 2006;24:5003-15 pubmed..All Salmonella clones induced good anti-SBR responses following the boost on day 320. ..
- Machu T, Dillon G, Huang R, Lovinger D, Leidenheimer N. Temperature: an important experimental variable in studying PKC modulation of ligand-gated ion channels. Brain Res. 2006;1086:1-8 pubmed..The results of our study indicate that temperature is an important experimental variable that requires rational consideration in the design of electrophysiological experiments. ..
- Künzle H. Thalamo-striatal projections in the hedgehog tenrec. Brain Res. 2006;1100:78-92 pubmed..The medial and intralaminar nuclei also projected heavily upon the olfactory tubercle. Differential innervation patterns were noted in the polymorphous layer, the deep and the superficial molecular layer. ..
- Kong W, Guo C, Zhang X, Chen X, Zhang S, Li G, et al. The coupling of acetylcholine-induced BK channel and calcium channel in guinea pig saccular type II vestibular hair cells. Brain Res. 2007;1129:110-5 pubmed..The perfusion of ACh will drive the opening of calcium channels; the influx of calcium ions will then activate the BK current. ..
- Na Y, Baek H, Ahn S, Shin H, Chang I, Hwang J. [4-t-butylphenyl]-N-(4-imidazol-1-yl phenyl)sulfonamide (ISCK03) inhibits SCF/c-kit signaling in 501mel human melanoma cells and abolishes melanin production in mice and brownish guinea pigs. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:780-6 pubmed..These results indicate that phenyl-imidazole sulfonamide derivatives are potent c-kit inhibitors and might be used as skin-whitening agents. ..
- Latrick C, Cech T. POT1-TPP1 enhances telomerase processivity by slowing primer dissociation and aiding translocation. EMBO J. 2010;29:924-33 pubmed publisher..These results support a model in which POT1-TPP1 enhances telomerase processivity in a manner markedly different from the sliding clamps used by DNA polymerases. ..
- Chavatte J, Uzbekov R, Paperna I, Richard Lenoble D, Landau I. Ultrastructure of erythrocytic stages of avian Plasmodium spp. of the sub-genus Novyella and its "globule". Parasite. 2010;17:123-7 pubmed..Except for the presence of the globule, in other details P. merulae do not diverge from the ultrastructure common to the intraerythrocytic stages of avian Plasmodium. ..
- Kwon I, Ahn J. p48 Ebp1 acts as a downstream mediator of Trk signaling in neurons, contributing neuronal differentiation. Neurochem Int. 2011;58:215-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, p48 Ebp1 contributes to neuronal cell differentiation and growth factor specificity through the activation of PKC?, acting as a crucial downstream effector of neurotrophin signaling. ..
- Sunico C, Nakamura T, Rockenstein E, Mante M, Adame A, Chan S, et al. S-Nitrosylation of parkin as a novel regulator of p53-mediated neuronal cell death in sporadic Parkinson's disease. Mol Neurodegener. 2013;8:29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that S-nitrosylation of parkin, leading to p53-mediated neuronal cell death, contributes to the pathophysiology of sporadic PD. ..
- Manase M, Mitaine Offer A, Miyamoto T, Tanaka C, Delemasure S, Dutartre P, et al. New triterpenoid estersaponins from the root barks of Pittosporum verticillatum subsp. verticillatum and evaluation of cytotoxicities. Fitoterapia. 2013;91:231-235 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated mainly by 1D- and 2D-NMR spectroscopy and HRESIMS. Compounds 1-4 were evaluated for their cytotoxicity against one human cancer cell line (SW480) and one rat cardiomyoblast cell line (H9c2). ..
- Birmingham E, Niebur G, McNamara L, McHugh P. An Experimental and Computational Investigation of Bone Formation in Mechanically Loaded Trabecular Bone Explants. Ann Biomed Eng. 2016;44:1191-203 pubmed publisher..However, the shear stress generated in the models is within the range of values which has been shown previously to generate an osteogenic response in MSCs. ..
- Jiang L, Marcus R. Comparison of analytical protein separation characteristics for three amine-based capillary-channeled polymer (C-CP) stationary phases. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016;408:1373-83 pubmed publisher..This study provides important fundamental understanding for the development of surface-modified C-CP fiber columns for protein separation. ..
- Rai D, Lawrence P, Kloc A, Schafer E, Rieder E. Analysis of the interaction between host factor Sam68 and viral elements during foot-and-mouth disease virus infections. Virol J. 2015;12:224 pubmed publisher..These results support the importance of Sam68 as a host factor co-opted by FMDV during infection and demonstrate that Sam68 interact with both, FMDV RNA motifs in the IRES and viral non-structural proteins 3C(pro) and 3D(pol). ..
- Paula D, Andow D, Bellinati A, TimbÃ³ R, Souza L, Pires C, et al. Limitations in dose-response and surrogate species methodologies for risk assessment of Cry toxins on arthropod natural enemies. Ecotoxicology. 2016;25:601-7 pubmed publisher..sanguinea was exposed primarily in the gut. Thus, despite their close phylogenetic relatedness, these species would not be good surrogates for each other and the surrogate species methodology should be tested more rigorously. ..
- Li N, Hwangbo C, Jaba I, Zhang J, Papangeli I, Han J, et al. miR-182 Modulates Myocardial Hypertrophic Response Induced by Angiogenesis in Heart. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21228 pubmed publisher..LV pressure overload did not upregulate miR-182. Thus, miR-182 is a novel target of endothelial-cardiomyocyte crosstalk and plays an important role in the angiogenesis induced-hypertrophic response. ..
- Cui Y, Song Y, Geng Q, Ding Z, Qin Y, Fan R, et al. The expression of KRT2 and its effect on melanogenesis in alpaca skins. Acta Histochem. 2016;118:505-12 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that KRT2 functions in alpaca hair color formation, which offered an essential theoretical basis for further exploration of the role of melanogenesis. ..
- Żmudzki S, Hamda N, Gibas Tybur P. A new TK model approach to assess the effect of migration on copper toxicokinetics in inbred populations of the flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;99:9-16 pubmed publisher..Migrants decreased the maximum Cu accumulation observed in the experiment. The results indicated that the TK model must show high goodness-of-fit to be a useful tool for comparing treatments. ..
- Raj P, Marcus E, Edgerton M. Delineation of an active fragment and poly(L-proline) II conformation for candidacidal activity of bactenecin 5. Biochemistry. 1996;35:4314-25 pubmed..Our results suggest that poly(L-proline) type II structure may, indeed, be the biologically active conformation for candidacidal activity of bactenecin peptides. ..
- Beck M, Esworthy R, Ho Y, Chu F. Glutathione peroxidase protects mice from viral-induced myocarditis. FASEB J. 1998;12:1143-9 pubmed..No changes were found in virus isolated from Gpx1+/+ mice. These results demonstrate that GPX-1 provides protection against viral-induced damage in vivo due to mutations in the viral genome of a benign virus. ..
- Blelloch R, Kimble J. Control of organ shape by a secreted metalloprotease in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 1999;399:586-90 pubmed..We speculate that GON-1 controls morphogenesis by remodelling basement membranes and that regulation of its activity is crucial for achieving organ shape. ..
- Chung W, Campanelli J. WW and EF hand domains of dystrophin-family proteins mediate dystroglycan binding. Mol Cell Biol Res Commun. 1999;2:162-71 pubmed
- Stevenson P. Seed dispersal by woolly monkeys (Lagothrix lagothricha) at Tinigua National Park, Colombia: dispersal distance, germination rates, and dispersal quantity. Am J Primatol. 2000;50:275-89 pubmed..Two main reasons for this result were the prolonged and variable passage rates (avg=11.2 hr+/-6.5 SD.) and the circuitous routes of monkeys in this forest. ..
- Bodine S, Latres E, Baumhueter S, Lai V, Nunez L, Clarke B, et al. Identification of ubiquitin ligases required for skeletal muscle atrophy. Science. 2001;294:1704-8 pubmed..Overexpression of MAFbx in myotubes produced atrophy, whereas mice deficient in either MAFbx or MuRF1 were found to be resistant to atrophy. These proteins are potential drug targets for the treatment of muscle atrophy. ..
- Baek B, Lim C, Rahman M, Kim C, Oluoch A, Kakoma I. Brucella abortus infection in indigenous Korean dogs. Can J Vet Res. 2003;67:312-4 pubmed..The only possible source of infection was infected cattle on the same farm. It is suggested that dogs be routinely included in brucellosis surveillance and eradication programs...
- Chen X, Shu S, Bayliss D. Suppression of ih contributes to propofol-induced inhibition of mouse cortical pyramidal neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2005;94:3872-83 pubmed
- Posey K, Davies S, Bales E, Haynes R, Sandell L, Hecht J. In vivo human Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) promoter activity. Matrix Biol. 2005;24:539-49 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the elements required for chondrocyte-specific expression lie within 375 bp of the translational start site, while DNA enhancer elements are located between 1.0 to 1.7 kb. ..
- Donato G, Hsia H, Green C, Hewlett E. Adenylate cyclase toxin (ACT) from Bordetella hinzii: characterization and differences from ACT of Bordetella pertussis. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:7579-88 pubmed..pertussis ACT. These results demonstrate the expression of ACT by B. hinzii and represent the first characterization of a potential virulence factor of this organism. ..
- Cao R, Tsukada Y, Zhang Y. Role of Bmi-1 and Ring1A in H2A ubiquitylation and Hox gene silencing. Mol Cell. 2005;20:845-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that EZH2-mediated H3-K27 methylation functions upstream of PRC1 and establishes a critical role for Bmi-1 and Ring1A in H2A ubiquitylation and Hox gene silencing. ..
- Syed S, Snyder G, Franzini Armstrong C, Selvin P, Goldman Y. Adaptability of myosin V studied by simultaneous detection of position and orientation. EMBO J. 2006;25:1795-803 pubmed
- Ness J, Harvey C, Strasser A, Bouillet P, Klocke B, Roth K. Selective involvement of BH3-only Bcl-2 family members Bim and Bad in neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Brain Res. 2006;1099:150-9 pubmed..These results indicate that Bad and Bim are selectively involved in neuron death following neonatal HI and may be targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Kim H, Lee G, Ji Y, Choi K, Jeung E. Differential expression of uterine calcium transporter 1 and plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase 1b during rat estrous cycle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;291:E234-41 pubmed..In addition, CaT1 mRNA was expressed in uterine endometrium and glandular endometrium at diestrus in P4-treated rats. Together, these results suggest that CaT1 is regulated by P4 at diestrus via a PR-dependent pathway. ..
- Wang H, Li X, Wu Z, Wei Y, Luo Z. The effect on the extracellular matrix of the deep fascia in response to leg lengthening. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2008;9:101 pubmed publisher..This study aims to investigate the changes of the extracellular matrix in deep fascia in response to leg lengthening...
- Macdermed D, Khodarev N, Pitroda S, Edwards D, Pelizzari C, Huang L, et al. MUC1-associated proliferation signature predicts outcomes in lung adenocarcinoma patients. BMC Med Genomics. 2010;3:16 pubmed publisher..These data provide potential new prognostic biomarkers and treatment targets for lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Chen S, Qin J, Mu T, Wang L, Jiang S, Zhao P, et al. [Effect of tissue engineered bone implantation with vascular bundle and sensory nerve bundle on expression of neurokinin 1 receptor and vasoactive intestinal peptide type 1 receptor in vivo]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2010;24:785-91 pubmed..Implanting vascular bundles into the tissue engineered bone can significantly improve the expression levels of NK1R and VIPR1. It is an ideal method to reconstruct composite tissue engineered bone...
- Morrell L, Ruxton G, James R. The temporal selfish herd: predation risk while aggregations form. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:605-12 pubmed publisher..This has implications for our understanding of predator-prey dynamics, as the timing of predator attacks will exert selection pressure on prey behavioural responses, to which predators must respond. ..