Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adipocytes in Anguilla
- Chittiboyina A, Venkatraman M, Mizuno C, Desai P, Patny A, Benson S, et al. Design and synthesis of the first generation of dithiolane thiazolidinedione- and phenylacetic acid-based PPARgamma agonists. J Med Chem. 2006;49:4072-84 pubmed..These novel compounds may prove efficacious not only in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes, but also atherosclerosis, prevention of vascular restenosis, and inflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Cha J, Hyun Y, Lee M, Kim J, Nam D, Song H, et al. Renal protective effects of toll-like receptor 4 signaling blockade in type 2 diabetic mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:2144-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TLR pathway inhibition might play a direct protective role in diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Kang M, Kang N, Ko S, Kim Y, Jeon Y. Anti-obesity effects of seaweeds of Jeju Island on the differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and obese mice fed a high-fat diet. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;90:36-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that PTE can be developed as a therapeutic agent for obesity. ..
- Coburn C, Hajri T, Ibrahimi A, Abumrad N. Role of CD36 in membrane transport and utilization of long-chain fatty acids by different tissues. J Mol Neurosci. 2001;16:117-21; discussion 151-7 pubmed..Its role in other tissues where its expression is low and cell-specific could not be determined in these studies. ..
- Garg A, Wilson R, Barnes R, Arioglu E, Zaidi Z, Gurakan F, et al. A gene for congenital generalized lipodystrophy maps to human chromosome 9q34. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:3390-4 pubmed..Identification of the CGL gene(s) will contribute to our understanding of the adipocyte differentiation and elucidation of the mechanisms of insulin resistance in disorders of adipose tissue. ..
- Bose T, Voruganti V, Tejero M, Proffit J, Cox L, Vandeberg J, et al. Identification of a QTL for adipocyte volume and of shared genetic effects with aspartate aminotransferase. Biochem Genet. 2010;48:538-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that omental adipocyte volume is under genetic regulation and that shared genetic factors influence adiposity-associated traits and AST...
- Kim J, Han D, Kim J, Lee S, Kim S, Woo J, et al. PPAR gamma partial agonist, KR-62776, inhibits adipocyte differentiation via activation of ERK. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:1766-81 pubmed publisher..These results support the conclusion that the localization of PPAR gamma is one of the key factors explaining the biological responses of the ligands...
- Kim K, Lee B. Fucoidan from the sporophyll of Undaria pinnatifida suppresses adipocyte differentiation by inhibition of inflammation-related cytokines in 3T3-L1 cells. Nutr Res. 2012;32:439-47 pubmed publisher..Hence, these findings indicate that fucoidan may afford some potential to control or reduce obesity...
- Wystrychowski W, Patlolla B, Zhuge Y, Neofytou E, Robbins R, Beygui R. Multipotency and cardiomyogenic potential of human adipose-derived stem cells from epicardium, pericardium, and omentum. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:84 pubmed publisher..Epicardial ADSCs may thus serve as the valuable subject for further studies on more effective methods of adult stem cell differentiation toward cardiomyocytes. ..
- Yang S, Xu C, Wu J, Yang G. SOCS3 inhibits insulin signaling in porcine primary adipocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;345:45-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SOCS3 is an important negative regulator of insulin signaling in porcine adipocytes. Thus, SOCS3 may be a novel therapeutic target for the prevention or treatment of insulin resistance and type II diabetes...
- Rajesh R, Heo G, Park M, Nam J, Kim N, Yoon D, et al. Proteomic analysis of bovine omental, subcutaneous and intramuscular preadipocytes during in vitro adipogenic differentiation. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2010;5:234-44 pubmed publisher..Further, all the up-regulated proteins were found to have higher protein expression in omental than subcutaneous or intramuscular depots...
- Roffey B, Atwal A, Johns T, Kubow S. Water extracts from Momordica charantia increase glucose uptake and adiponectin secretion in 3T3-L1 adipose cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;112:77-84 pubmed
- Wang X, Ron D. Stress-induced phosphorylation and activation of the transcription factor CHOP (GADD153) by p38 MAP Kinase. Science. 1996;272:1347-9 pubmed..CHOP thus serves as a link between a specific stress-activated protein kinase, p38, and cellular growth and differentiation. ..
- Chen Q, Wang H, Zeng Y, Chen W. Developmental changes and effect on intramuscular fat content of H-FABP and A-FABP mRNA expression in pigs. J Appl Genet. 2013;54:119-23 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, the A-FABP gene is strongly related to the development and function of IMF accretion in pigs. ..
- Jarnagin W, Rockey D, Koteliansky V, Wang S, Bissell D. Expression of variant fibronectins in wound healing: cellular source and biological activity of the EIIIA segment in rat hepatic fibrogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:2037-48 pubmed
- Kim S, Hong J, Park K. B cell translocation gene 2 (Btg2) is regulated by Stat3 signaling and inhibits adipocyte differentiation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;413:145-53 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, siRNA-mediated silencing of Btg2 attenuated WP1066-mediated inhibition of adipocyte differentiation. We discuss a model for the role of Btg2 in adipogenesis and propose that Btg2 and Stat3 act in a functional hierarchy. ..
- Meng L, Zhou J, Sasano H, Suzuki T, Zeitoun K, Bulun S. Tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin 11 secreted by malignant breast epithelial cells inhibit adipocyte differentiation by selectively down-regulating CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma: m. Cancer Res. 2001;61:2250-5 pubmed..This tumor-induced block in adipocyte differentiation is mediated by the selective inhibition of expression of the essential adipogenic transcription factors, i.e., PPARgamma and C/EBPalpha. ..