Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: yap1
Description: Yes-associated protein 1
Alias: YAP65, cb194, sb:cb194, si:ch211-181p1.5, si:dkey-3b8.3, wu:fc18c04, zYAP, zgc:158380, transcriptional coactivator YAP1, protein yorkie homolog, yap, yes-associated protein YAP65 homolog, yorkie homolog
- Miesfeld J, Gestri G, Clark B, Flinn M, Poole R, Bader J, et al. Yap and Taz regulate retinal pigment epithelial cell fate. Development. 2015;142:3021-32 pubmed publisher..yap (yap1) mutants lack a subset of RPE cells and/or exhibit coloboma...
- Asaoka Y, Hata S, Namae M, Furutani Seiki M, Nishina H. The Hippo pathway controls a switch between retinal progenitor cell proliferation and photoreceptor cell differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97365 pubmed publisher..Mst1/2 kinases activate the Lats1/2 kinases, which in turn phosphorylate and inhibit the transcriptional cofactor Yap. During mouse retinogenesis, overexpression of Yap prolongs progenitor cell proliferation, whereas inhibition of ..
- Agarwala S, Duquesne S, Liu K, Boehm A, Grimm L, Link S, et al. Amotl2a interacts with the Hippo effector Yap1 and the Wnt/Î²-catenin effector Lef1 to control tissue size in zebrafish. elife. 2015;4:e08201 pubmed publisher..Amotl2a function in the LLP is mediated together by the Hippo pathway effector Yap1 and the Wnt/Î²-catenin effector Lef1...
- Cox A, Hwang K, Brown K, Evason K, Beltz S, Tsomides A, et al. Yap reprograms glutamine metabolism to increase nucleotide biosynthesis and enable liver growth. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:886-896 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that transgenic zebrafish expressing an activated form of the Hippo pathway effector Yap1 (also known as YAP) develop enlarged livers and are prone to liver tumour formation...
- Pappalardo A, Porreca I, Caputi L, De Felice E, Schulte Merker S, Zannini M, et al. Thyroid development in zebrafish lacking Taz. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:268-78 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the zebrafish Taz protein is needed for the normal differentiation of the thyroid and are the first to suggest that Taz confers growth advantage to the endocrine gland. ..
- Nakajima H, Yamamoto K, Agarwala S, Terai K, Fukui H, Fukuhara S, et al. Flow-Dependent Endothelial YAP Regulation Contributes to Vessel Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;40:523-536.e6 pubmed publisher..We indirectly monitored transcriptional activity of Yap1 (zebrafish YAP) and its spatiotemporal localization in living zebrafish and found that Yap1 entered the nucleus and ..
- Miesfeld J, Link B. Establishment of transgenic lines to monitor and manipulate Yap/Taz-Tead activity in zebrafish reveals both evolutionarily conserved and divergent functions of the Hippo pathway. Mech Dev. 2014;133:177-88 pubmed publisher..development transgenic zebrafish lines were generated and validated to dynamically monitor and manipulate Yap/Taz-Tead activity...
- Mateus R, LourenÃ§o R, Fang Y, Brito G, Farinho A, ValÃ©rio F, et al. Control of tissue growth by Yap relies on cell density and F-actin in zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2752-63 pubmed publisher..However, how this is established and regulated is not well understood. Here, we report that Yap, the Hippo pathway effector, is a chief player in this process: functionally manipulating Yap during regeneration ..