Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: xbp1
Description: X-box binding protein 1
Alias: cb918, id:ibd1195, treb5, trebf, wu:fb02h05, wu:fb63f10, xbp1a, xbp1b, X-box-binding protein 1, X-box binding protein 1B
- Winata C, ÅapiÅ„ski M, Pryszcz L, Vaz C, Bin Ismail M, Nama S, et al. Cytoplasmic polyadenylation-mediated translational control of maternal mRNAs directs maternal-to-zygotic transition. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Our results establish the necessity of CPA for ensuring progression of the MZT. The RNA-seq data generated in this study represent a valuable zebrafish resource for the discovery of novel elements of the early embryonic transcriptome. ..
- Li J, Chen Z, Gao L, Colorni A, Ucko M, Fang S, et al. A transgenic zebrafish model for monitoring xbp1 splicing and endoplasmic reticulum stress in vivo. Mech Dev. 2015;137:33-44 pubmed publisher..b>XBP1 is a transcription factor that mediates one of the key signaling pathways of UPR to cope with ER stress through ..
- Faltermann S, Grundler V, Gademann K, Pernthaler J, Fent K. Comparative effects of nodularin and microcystin-LR in zebrafish: 2. Uptake and molecular effects in eleuthero-embryos and adult liver with focus on endoplasmic reticulum stress. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;171:77-87 pubmed publisher..This is probably due to action to specific organs such as liver and kidneys that could not be identified by whole-embryo sampling. ..
- Mo S, Wang L, Li Q, Li J, Li Y, Thannickal V, et al. Caveolin-1 regulates dorsoventral patterning through direct interaction with beta-catenin in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;344:210-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, maternally expressed zebrafish Cav-1 regulates dorsoventral patterning by limiting nuclear translocation of active beta-catenin. ..
- Schlombs K, Wagner T, Scheel J. Site-1 protease is required for cartilage development in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:14024-9 pubmed..This indicates that the cartilage phenoptypes of goz are caused independently of the lipid defects. ..
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Chen Z, Ballar P, Fu Y, Luo J, Du S, Fang S. The E3 ubiquitin ligase gp78 protects against ER stress in zebrafish liver. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:357-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that gp78 plays a critical role in protecting against ER stress in liver...
- Neacsu C, Ko Y, Tagariello A, Røkenes Karlsen K, Neiss W, Paulsson M, et al. Matrilin-1 is essential for zebrafish development by facilitating collagen II secretion. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:1505-18 pubmed publisher..The results show that matrilin-1 is indispensible for zebrafish cartilage formation and plays a role in the early collagen II-dependent developmental events. ..
- Rikin A, Evans T. The tbx/bHLH transcription factor mga regulates gata4 and organogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:535-47 pubmed publisher..Transcript profiling experiments show that mga functions early to influence key regulators of mesendoderm, including tbx6, cas, and sox17. ..
- Lam P, Harvie E, Huttenlocher A. Heat shock modulates neutrophil motility in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84436 pubmed publisher..Heat shock also induced cell stress as detected by the splicing of X-box binding protein 1 (xbp1) mRNA, a marker for endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress...
- Liao K, Yan J, Li S, Wang T, Xu W, Mai K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of unfolded protein response genes from large yellow croaker (Larimichthys crocea) and their expression in response to dietary fatty acids. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;203:53-64 pubmed publisher..In this study, four UPR-related genes (GRP78/BiP, ATF6?, XBP1 and CHO) were isolated characterized from large yellow croaker (Larimichthys crocea), and their expression in ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Li I, Hwang S. Zebrafish Agr2 is required for terminal differentiation of intestinal goblet cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34408 pubmed publisher..However, whether increased endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress occurs in Agr2(-/-) mice remains a controversial issue...
- Her G, Chiang C, Chen W, Wu J. In vivo studies of liver-type fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) gene expression in liver of transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). FEBS Lett. 2003;538:125-33 pubmed..Further, hhex and zXbp-1 morphants displayed a visible liver defect, which suggests that it is possible to establish an in vivo system for screening genes required for liver development. ..
- Tsuruma K, Nishimura Y, Kishi S, Shimazawa M, Tanaka T, Hara H. SEMA4A mutations lead to susceptibility to light irradiation, oxidative stress, and ER stress in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:6729-37 pubmed..In this study, we investigated whether mutant SEMA4A causes retinal dysfunction via light exposure, oxidative stress, and ER stress...
- Rojas Rivera D, Armisen R, Colombo A, Martinez G, Eguiguren A, Diaz A, et al. TMBIM3/GRINA is a novel unfolded protein response (UPR) target gene that controls apoptosis through the modulation of ER calcium homeostasis. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1013-26 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the existence of a conserved group of functionally related cell death regulators across species beyond the BCL-2 family of proteins operating at the ER membrane. ..
- Hung I, Cherng B, Hsu W, Lee S. Calnexin is required for zebrafish posterior lateral line development. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:427-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that calnexin is essential for neuromast formation during lateral line development in the zebrafish. ..
- Hou N, Yang Y, Scott I, Lou X. The Sec domain protein Scfd1 facilitates trafficking of ECM components during chondrogenesis. Dev Biol. 2017;421:8-15 pubmed publisher..These results show that the existence of a specific export pathway, mediated by a complex containing SCFD1 and STX18 that plays an essential role in secretion of large ECM proteins during chondrogenesis. ..
- Castranova D, Davis A, Lo B, Miller M, Paukstelis P, Swift M, et al. Aminoacyl-Transfer RNA Synthetase Deficiency Promotes Angiogenesis via the Unfolded Protein Response Pathway. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:655-62 pubmed publisher..by aminoacyl-transfer RNA synthetase deficiencies, and we show that unfolded protein response genes atf4, atf6, and xbp1, as well as the key proangiogenic ligand vascular endothelial growth factor (vegfaa), are all upregulated in tars(..
- Moussavi Nik S, Newman M, Wilson L, Ebrahimie E, Wells S, Musgrave I, et al. Alzheimer's disease-related peptide PS2V plays ancient, conserved roles in suppression of the unfolded protein response under hypoxia and stimulation of Î³-secretase activity. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:3662-78 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model in which chronic hypoxia in aged brains promotes excessive Notch signalling and accumulation of AÎ² that contribute to AD pathogenesis. ..
- Wang D, Abbasi C, El Rass S, Li J, Dawood F, Naito K, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum resident protein 44 (ERp44) deficiency in mice and zebrafish leads to cardiac developmental and functional defects. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014;3:e001018 pubmed publisher..ERp44 plays a critical role in embryonic heart development and is crucial in regulating cardiac cell Ca(2+) signaling, ER stress, ROS-induced oxidative stress, and activation of the intrinsic mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. ..
- Elenbaas J, Maitra D, Liu Y, Lentz S, Nelson B, Hoenerhoff M, et al. A precursor-inducible zebrafish model of acute protoporphyria with hepatic protein aggregation and multiorganelle stress. FASEB J. 2016;30:1798-810 pubmed publisher..Elenbaas, J. S., Maitra, D., Liu, Y., Lentz, S. I., Nelson, B., Hoenerhoff, M. J., Shavit, J. A., Omary, M. B. A precursor-inducible zebrafish model of acute protoporphyria with hepatic protein aggregation and multiorganelle stress. ..
- Chen L, Hu Y, He J, Chen J, Giesy J, Xie P. Responses of the Proteome and Metabolome in Livers of Zebrafish Exposed Chronically to Environmentally Relevant Concentrations of Microcystin-LR. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:596-607 pubmed publisher..Identification of proteins and metabolites in liver of zebrafish responsive to MC-LR provides insights into mechanisms of chronic toxicity of MCs. ..
- Thakur P, Davison J, Stuckenholz C, Lu L, Bahary N. Dysregulated phosphatidylinositol signaling promotes endoplasmic-reticulum-stress-mediated intestinal mucosal injury and inflammation in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:93-106 pubmed publisher..shows enrichment of acute phase response signaling, and the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress factors hspa5 and xbp1 are robustly activated in the mutant GI tissue...
- Christen V, Capelle M, Fent K. Silver nanoparticles induce endoplasmatic reticulum stress response in zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:519-28 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate for the first time that AgNPs lead to induction of ER stress in zebrafish. The induction of ER stress can have several consequences including the activation of apoptotic and inflammatory pathways...
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Lin Y, White R, Torelli S, Cirak S, Muntoni F, Stemple D. Zebrafish Fukutin family proteins link the unfolded protein response with dystroglycanopathies. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1763-75 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that Fukutin family proteins may play important roles in protein secretion and that the UPR may contribute to the phenotypic spectrum of some dystroglycanopathies in humans...
- Wang X, Mi Y, Zhong B, Mao H, Wan Y, Zhang T, et al. Identification of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) XBP1S as a primary member in ER stress. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;64:84-92 pubmed publisherX-box binding protein 1 (XBP1), a vital basic leucine zipper transcription factor for the related gene transcription in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, belongs to the CREB/ATF family...