Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wnt8b
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 8b
Alias: wnt-8b, protein Wnt-8b
- Establishment of the telencephalon during gastrulation by local antagonism of Wnt signalingCorinne Houart
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, King s College London, SE1 9RT, London, United Kingdom
Neuron 35:255-65. 2002..Moreover, abrogation of Tlc function compromises telencephalic development. We also identify Wnt8b as a locally acting modulator of regional fate in the anterior neural plate and a likely target for antagonism by ..
- Rhombomere boundaries are Wnt signaling centers that regulate metameric patterning in the zebrafish hindbrainBruce B Riley
Biology Department, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 3258, USA
Dev Dyn 231:278-91. 2004..Several wnt genes (wnt1, wnt3a, wnt8b, and wnt10b) show elevated expression at rhombomere boundaries, whereas several delta genes (dlA, dlB, and dlD) ..
- Her6 regulates the neurogenetic gradient and neuronal identity in the thalamusSteffen Scholpp
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19895-900. 2009..Thus, the presence or absence of a single upstream regulator of proneural gene expression, Her6, leads to the establishment of discrete neuronal domains in the thalamus...
- Integration of telencephalic Wnt and hedgehog signaling center activities by Foxg1Catherine Danesin
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, London, UK
Dev Cell 16:576-87. 2009..Altogether, these findings identify a key direct target of Foxg1, and uncover a simple molecular mechanism by which Foxg1 integrates two opposing signaling centers...
- Otx1l, Otx2 and Irx1b establish and position the ZLI in the diencephalonSteffen Scholpp
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 134:3167-76. 2007..We therefore propose that the ZLI is induced within the competence area established by Otx1l/2, and is posteriorly restricted by Irx1b...
- Lhx5 promotes forebrain development and activates transcription of secreted Wnt antagonistsGang Peng
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1254, USA
Development 133:3191-200. 2006..Our results demonstrate that Lhx5 is a required factor that promotes forebrain development and inhibits Wnt signaling by activating the transcription of secreted Wnt antagonists...
- Patterning the zebrafish diencephalon by the conserved zinc-finger protein FezlJae Yeon Jeong
Program in Developmental Biology, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 2811, USA
Development 134:127-36. 2007..Our findings reveal that Fezl is crucial for establishing regional subdivisions within the diencephalon and may also play a role in the development of the telencephalon and hypothalamus...
- Specification of an anterior neuroectoderm patterning by Frizzled8a-mediated Wnt8b signalling during late gastrulation in zebrafishSeok Hyung Kim
Department of Genetic Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
Development 129:4443-55. 2002..We have investigated the role of Fz8a-mediated Wnt8b signalling in anterior brain patterning in zebrafish...
- Wnt/Axin1/beta-catenin signaling regulates asymmetric nodal activation, elaboration, and concordance of CNS asymmetriesMatthias Carl
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, UCL, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Neuron 55:393-405. 2007..We identify a second role for the Wnt pathway in the left/right regulation of LPM Nodal pathway gene expression, and finally, we show that at later stages Axin1 is required for the elaboration of concordant neuroanatomical asymmetries...
- scaRNAs regulate splicing and vertebrate heart developmentPrakash Patil
Frontier Science Research Center, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1852:1619-29. 2015..Our findings represent a new paradigm for determining the mechanisms underlying congenital cardiac malformations. ..
- Retinal injury, growth factors, and cytokines converge on β-catenin and pStat3 signaling to stimulate retina regenerationJin Wan
The Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell Rep 9:285-97. 2014....
- Spatial regionalization and heterochrony in the formation of adult pallial neural stem cellsLara Dirian
Institute of Neurobiology A Fessard, Laboratory of Neurobiology and Development, CNRS UPR3294, Team Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Avenue de la Terrasse, Building 5, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Dev Cell 30:123-36. 2014..This dual origin of the pallial germinal zone allows the temporally organized building of pallial territories as a patchwork of juxtaposed compartments. ..
- Sfrp1a and Sfrp5 function as positive regulators of Wnt and BMP signaling during early retinal developmentVanessa L Holly
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Dev Biol 388:192-204. 2014..Overexpression of a low dose of sfrp5 mRNA causes an increase in dorsal retina marker gene expression. We propose a model in which Sfrp proteins function as facilitators of both BMP and Wnt signaling within the dorsal retina. ..
- Specification of posterior hypothalamic neurons requires coordinated activities of Fezf2, Otp, Sim1a and Foxb1.2Andrea Wolf
Developmental Genetics of the Nervous System, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany
Development 140:1762-73. 2013....
- Frizzled-3a and Wnt-8b genetically interact during forebrain commissural formation in embryonic zebrafishWolfgang Hofmeister
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Brain Res 1506:25-34. 2013..We now show that Wnt8b is also necessary for anterior commissural formation as well as for patterning of slit2 expression at the midline...
- Six3 cooperates with Hedgehog signaling to specify ventral telencephalon by promoting early expression of Foxg1a and repressing Wnt signalingDan Carlin
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 139:2614-24. 2012..We further find that Six3 promotes ventral telencephalic fates through transient regulation of foxg1a expression and repression of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway...
- Wnt3 and Wnt3a are required for induction of the mid-diencephalic organizer in the caudal forebrainBenjamin Mattes
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe, Germany
Neural Dev 7:12. 2012..The mid-diencephalic organizer (MDO) orchestrates the development of the thalamus by releasing secreted signaling molecules such as Shh...
- Waif1/5T4 inhibits Wnt/β-catenin signaling and activates noncanonical Wnt pathways by modifying LRP6 subcellular localizationBirgit Kagermeier-Schenk
Biotechnology Center and Center for Regenerative Therapies, Technische Universitat Dresden, Tatzberg 47, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Dev Cell 21:1129-43. 2011..These results suggest that Waif1 modulates pathway selection in Wnt-receiving cells...
- Short- and long-range functions of Goosecoid in zebrafish axis formation are independent of Chordin, Noggin 1 and Follistatin-like 1bMonica Dixon Fox
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, M5S 3G5, Canada
Development 136:1675-85. 2009..Our findings suggest that Gsc has dose dependent effects on axis induction and provide new insights into molecularly distinct short- and long-range signaling activities of the organizer...
- Inhibition of Wnt/Axin/beta-catenin pathway activity promotes ventral CNS midline tissue to adopt hypothalamic rather than floorplate identityMarika Kapsimali
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 131:5923-33. 2004....
- Zebrafish Dkk1 functions in forebrain specification and axial mesendoderm formationH Hashimoto
Division of Molecular Oncology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 217:138-52. 2000..These data indicate that Dkk1, expressed in dorsal mesendoderm, functions in the formation of both the anterior nervous system and the axial mesendoderm in zebrafish...
- Characterization of amphioxus AmphiWnt8: insights into the evolution of patterning of the embryonic dorsoventral axisM Schubert
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0202, USA
Evol Dev 2:85-92. 2000..Wnt8 subfamily gene in an ancestral chordate duplicated early in vertebrate evolution into a Wnt8 clade and a Wnt8b clade...
- Sequential antagonism of early and late Wnt-signaling by zebrafish colgate promotes dorsal and anterior fatesRoopa M Nambiar
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, Center for Molecular Neurobiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Biol 267:165-80. 2004..neuroectoderm posterioriorization phenotype is selectively rescued by morpholino-mediated inactivation of Wnt8b. These results suggest that col-mediated antagonism of early and late Wnt-signaling activity during gastrulation ..
- nemo-like kinase is an essential co-activator of Wnt signaling during early zebrafish developmentChris J Thorpe
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology and Center for Developmental Biology, Box 357750, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Development 131:2899-909. 2004..mesoderm formation in conjunction with wnt8, and in patterning of the midbrain, possibly functioning with wnt8b. In both instances, nlk appears to function as a positive regulator of Wnt signaling...
- The transcriptional mediator component Med12 is required for hindbrain boundary formationSung Kook Hong
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19076. 2011..Some genetic models affecting hindbrain boundary formation have been described, but involvement of components of the transcriptional mediator complex in boundary formation has not reported so far...
- High mobility group box-1 (HMGB1; amphoterin) is required for zebrafish brain developmentXiang Zhao
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
J Biol Chem 286:23200-13. 2011..Our data demonstrate that HMGB1 is a critical factor for brain development, enabling survival and proliferation of neural progenitors that will form the forebrain structures...
- Transient receptor potential ion channel Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic epithelial proliferation by Mg2+-sensitive Socs3a signaling in development and cancerNelson S Yee
Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Department of Internal Medicine, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dis Model Mech 4:240-54. 2011..Results of this study indicate that Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic development via the Mg(2+)-sensitive Socs3a pathway, and suggest that aberrant TRPM7-mediated signaling contributes to pancreatic carcinogenesis...
- Canonical Wnt signaling through Lef1 is required for hypothalamic neurogenesisJi Eun Lee
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, USA
Development 133:4451-61. 2006..Furthermore, we find that this process is dependent on Wnt8b, a ligand of the canonical pathway expressed in the posterior hypothalamus, and that both Wnt8b and Lef1 act to ..
- Apc1 is required for maintenance of local brain organizers and dorsal midbrain survivalJudith T M L Paridaen
Hubrecht Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 331:101-12. 2009..These data demonstrate that Apc1-mediated restriction of Wnt/beta-catenin signalling is required for maintenance of local organizers and tectal integrity...
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling regulates midline convergence of organ primordia during zebrafish developmentTakaaki Matsui
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 19:164-75. 2005..Overall, our results uncover a late, previously unexpected role of noncanonical Wnt signaling in the control of midline assembly of organ precursors during vertebrate embryo development...
- The characterization of a zebrafish mid-hindbrain mutant, mid-hindbrain gone (mgo)Takaki Shima
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Dev Dyn 238:899-907. 2009..Based on these findings, we propose that the mgo mutation genetically interacts with pax2a required for the initiation of MHB formation...
- Dopaminergic neuronal cluster size is determined during early forebrain patterningNiva Russek-Blum
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Development 135:3401-13. 2008..Finally, we demonstrated that Wnt8b is a modulator of DA cell number that acts through the Fz8a (Fzd8a) receptor and its downstream effector Lef1, and ..
- Early stages of zebrafish eye formation require the coordinated activity of Wnt11, Fz5, and the Wnt/beta-catenin pathwayFlorencia Cavodeassi
Department of Anatomy, University College London, Gower Street, London 6BT WC1, United Kingdom
Neuron 47:43-56. 2005..Wnt/beta-catenin signaling antagonizes eye specification through the activity of Wnt8b and Fz8a...
- Zebrafish IkappaB kinase 1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB activityRicardo G Correa
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037 1099, USA
Curr Biol 15:1291-5. 2005..Here, we report that Ikk1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB by sequestering NEMO from active IKK complexes, indicating that IKK1 can function as a repressor of NF-kappaB...
- Changes in retinoic acid signaling alter otic patterningStefan Hans
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Development 134:2449-58. 2007..We show that rhombomere 5 wnt8b expression is absent in both RA-signaling-depleted embryos and in fgf3;tcf2 double mutants, and inactivation of ..
- The prethalamus is established during gastrulation and influences diencephalic regionalizationNicole Staudt
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 5:e69. 2007..This cell-non-autonomous property led us to propose that these committed prethalamic precursors may play an instructive role in the regionalization of the developing diencephalon...
- Eye field requires the function of Sfrp1 as a Wnt antagonistHyung Seok Kim
Department of Genetic Engineering, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 414:26-9. 2007..Its overexpression restored the eye defects in the Wnt8b-overexpressing embryos, but not in the LiCl-treated embryos...
- Critical role of Brg1 member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex during neurogenesis and neural crest induction in zebrafishBinnur Eroglu
Center for Molecular Chaperone Radiobiology and Cancer Virology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2722-35. 2006..This is exhibited by the aberrant brain patterning, a reduction in the sensory neurons, and craniofacial defects. These results further elucidate the critical role for Brg1 in neurogenesis, neural crest induction, and differentiation...
- Census of vertebrate Wnt genes: isolation and developmental expression of Xenopus Wnt2, Wnt3, Wnt9a, Wnt9b, Wnt10a, and Wnt16Robert J Garriock
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Dev Dyn 236:1249-58. 2007..Through these studies, we identified the frog orthologues of the previously uncharacterized Wnt2, Wnt3, Wnt9a, Wnt9b, Wnt10a, and Wnt16 genes and their expression has been characterized during early Xenopus development...