Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wnt5a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 5a
Alias: protein Wnt-5a
- LeClair E, Mui S, Huang A, Topczewska J, Topczewski J. Craniofacial skeletal defects of adult zebrafish Glypican 4 (knypek) mutants. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2550-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, gpc4(-/-) larvae never form these domains, suggesting a failure of chondrocyte orientation, though not differentiation. Our findings implicate Gpc4 in the regulation of zebrafish cartilage and bone morphogenesis. ..
- Stoick Cooper C, Weidinger G, Riehle K, Hubbert C, Major M, Fausto N, et al. Distinct Wnt signaling pathways have opposing roles in appendage regeneration. Development. 2007;134:479-89 pubmed..These data suggest that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes regeneration, whereas a distinct pathway activated by wnt5b acts in a negative-feedback loop to limit regeneration. ..
- Yang Q, Chen D, Xiong F, Chen D, Liu C, Liu Y, et al. A splicing mutation in VPS4B causes dentin dysplasia I. J Med Genet. 2016;53:624-33 pubmed publisher..This study identifies VPS4B as a disease-causing gene for DDI, which is one of the important contributors to tooth formation, through the Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling pathway. ..
- Hofsteen P, Robitaille A, Chapman D, Moon R, Murry C. Quantitative proteomics identify DAB2 as a cardiac developmental regulator that inhibits WNT/Î²-catenin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:1002-7 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that quantifying the proteome of human stem cells can identify previously unknown developmental regulators. ..
- Li M, Wang X, Zhu J, Zhu S, Hu X, Zhu C, et al. Toxic effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on cardiac development in zebrafish. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:7973-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PCBs can induce developmental defects in the zebrafish heart, which may be mediated by abnormal RA signaling. ..
- Castanon I, Abrami L, Holtzer L, Heisenberg C, van der Goot F, Gonzalez Gaitan M. Anthrax toxin receptor 2a controls mitotic spindle positioning. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:28-39 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Antxr2a functions as a Wnt-dependent polarized determinant, which, through the action of RhoA and zDia2, exerts torque on the spindle to align it with the A-V axis. ..
- Huang L, Xiao A, Choi S, Kan Q, Zhou W, Chacon Heszele M, et al. Wnt5a is necessary for normal kidney development in zebrafish and mice. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2014;128:80-8 pubmed publisherb>Wnt5a is important for the development of various organs and postnatal cellular function...
- Wyngaarden L, Vogeli K, Ciruna B, Wells M, Hadjantonakis A, Hopyan S. Oriented cell motility and division underlie early limb bud morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:2551-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we provide evidence that Wnt5a acts as a chemoattractant in the emerging limb bud where it contributes to the establishment of cell polarity that ..
- Nojima H, Rothhämel S, Shimizu T, Kim C, Yonemura S, Marlow F, et al. Syntabulin, a motor protein linker, controls dorsal determination. Development. 2010;137:923-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Syntabulin regulates the microtubule-dependent transport of the DDs, and provide evidence for the link between AV and dorsoventral axis formation. ..
- Louwette S, Labarque V, Wittevrongel C, Thys C, Metz J, Gijsbers R, et al. Regulator of G-protein signaling 18 controls megakaryopoiesis and the cilia-mediated vertebrate mechanosensory system. FASEB J. 2012;26:2125-36 pubmed publisher..literature evidence that RGS-R4 members interact with the G-protein-modulated Wnt/calcium pathway, Wnt5b- but not Wnt5a-depleted embryos phenocopy all RGS18 knockdown effects...
- Liu Y, Song G, Liu H, Wang X, Shen Y, Zhou L, et al. Silencing of FABP3 leads to apoptosis-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and stimulates Wnt signaling in zebrafish. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:806-12 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis was one of the mechanisms underlying this effect, and was correlated with the activation of Wnt signaling. These studies identified FABP3 as a candidate gene underlying the etiology of congenital heart defects. ..
- Stewart S, Gomez A, Armstrong B, Henner A, Stankunas K. Sequential and opposing activities of Wnt and BMP coordinate zebrafish bone regeneration. Cell Rep. 2014;6:482-98 pubmed publisher..This hierarchical signaling network model provides a conceptual framework for understanding innate bone repair and regeneration mechanisms and rationally designing regenerative therapeutics. ..
- Huang J, Zhong Z, Wang M, Chen X, Tan Y, Zhang S, et al. Circadian modulation of dopamine levels and dopaminergic neuron development contributes to attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2572-87 pubmed publisher..The circadian model for attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior sheds light on ADHD pathogenesis and opens avenues for exploring novel targets for diagnosis and therapy for this common psychiatric disorder. ..
- Duncan R, Panahi S, Piotrowski T, Dorsky R. Identification of Wnt Genes Expressed in Neural Progenitor Zones during Zebrafish Brain Development. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145810 pubmed publisher..Our data identify 12 specific ligands that can now be tested using loss-of-function approaches. ..
- Nambiar R, Ignatius M, Henion P. Zebrafish colgate/hdac1 functions in the non-canonical Wnt pathway during axial extension and in Wnt-independent branchiomotor neuron migration. Mech Dev. 2007;124:682-98 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate novel roles for zebrafish hdac1 in activating non-canonical Wnt/PCP signaling underlying axial extension and in promoting Wnt-independent caudal migration of a subset of hindbrain branchiomotor neurons. ..
- Yuan Q, Chiquet B, Devault L, Warman M, Nakamura Y, Swindell E, et al. Craniofacial abnormalities result from knock down of nonsyndromic clefting gene, crispld2, in zebrafish. Genesis. 2012;50:871-81 pubmed publisher..These data provide support for a role of CRISPLD2 in NSCLP...
- Villablanca E, Renucci A, Sapede D, Lec V, Soubiran F, Sandoval P, et al. Control of cell migration in the zebrafish lateral line: implication of the gene "tumour-associated calcium signal transducer," tacstd. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1578-88 pubmed..Inactivation of the zebrafish tacstd gene results in a decrease in proneuromast deposition, suggesting that tacstd is required for the deposition process. ..
- Ju B, Chen W, Spitsbergen J, Lu J, Vogel P, Peters J, et al. Activation of Sonic hedgehog signaling in neural progenitor cells promotes glioma development in the zebrafish optic pathway. Oncogenesis. 2014;3:e96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that activated Shh signaling initiates tumorigenesis in the zebrafish CNS and provide the first OPG model not associated with neurofibromatosis 1. ..
- Chen Y, Wang Y, Yu T, Wu H, Pai C. Transgenic zebrafish line with over-expression of Hedgehog on the skin: a useful tool to screen Hedgehog-inhibiting compounds. Transgenic Res. 2009;18:855-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this unique Tg(k18:shh:RFP) fish line, should be an excellent experimental animal for screening for a lower toxicity level of the new Hh-inhibitor and can even be used as a new anti-cancer drug-screening platform. ..
- Ye Z, Zhang C, Tu T, Sun M, Liu D, Lu D, et al. Wnt5a uses CD146 as a receptor to regulate cell motility and convergent extension. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2803 pubmed publisher..Here we report that Wnt5a uses CD146 as a receptor to regulate cell migration and zebrafish embryonic convergent extension...
- Schall K, Thornton M, Isani M, Holoyda K, Hou X, Lien C, et al. Short bowel syndrome results in increased gene expression associated with proliferation, inflammation, bile acid synthesis and immune system activation: RNA sequencing a zebrafish SBS model. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:23 pubmed publisher..Gene expression of ctnnb1, ccnb1, ccnd1, cyp7a1a, dkk3, ifng1-2, igf2a, il1b, lef1, nos2b, saa1, stat3, tnfa and wnt5a were confirmed to be elevated in SBS by RT-qPCR...