Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wnt1
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 1
Alias: WNT-1, int-1, sb:eu647, zgc:194464, zgc:194478, protein Wnt-1, etID22400.23
- McFarland K, Topczewska J, Weidinger G, Dorsky R, Appel B. Hh and Wnt signaling regulate formation of olig2+ neurons in the zebrafish cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2008;318:162-71 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we propose that Hedgehog limits the range of Wnt signaling, which is necessary for olig2(+) neuron development. ..
- Houart C, Caneparo L, Heisenberg C, Barth K, Take uchi M, Wilson S. Establishment of the telencephalon during gastrulation by local antagonism of Wnt signaling. Neuron. 2002;35:255-65 pubmed..From these studies, we propose that local antagonism of Wnt activity within the anterior ectoderm is required to establish the telencephalon. ..
- Lekven A, Buckles G, Kostakis N, Moon R. Wnt1 and wnt10b function redundantly at the zebrafish midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Dev Biol. 2003;254:172-87 pubmed..b>Wnt1 has been shown in the mouse to be required for the formation of the midbrain and the anterior hindbrain, but this ..
- Lecaudey V, Anselme I, Rosa F, Schneider Maunoury S. The zebrafish Iroquois gene iro7 positions the r4/r5 boundary and controls neurogenesis in the rostral hindbrain. Development. 2004;131:3121-31 pubmed..We propose that iro7 has a dual function in the hindbrain of the zebrafish embryo: it is required for the proper positioning of the prospective r4/r5 boundary and it promotes neurogenesis in the anterior hindbrain. ..
- Chang L, Khoo B, Wong L, Tropepe V. Genomic sequence and spatiotemporal expression comparison of zebrafish mbx1 and its paralog, mbx2. Dev Genes Evol. 2006;216:647-54 pubmed..Our data support a subfunctionalization model that may explain the retention of duplicate mbx genes in teleosts. ..
- Hong S, Haldin C, Lawson N, Weinstein B, Dawid I, Hukriede N. The zebrafish kohtalo/trap230 gene is required for the development of the brain, neural crest, and pronephric kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18473-8 pubmed..These results suggest that critical targets of TRAP230 function may include proteins important for cell mobility, cell sorting, and tissue assembly. ..
- Nyholm M, Wu S, Dorsky R, Grinblat Y. The zebrafish zic2a-zic5 gene pair acts downstream of canonical Wnt signaling to control cell proliferation in the developing tectum. Development. 2007;134:735-46 pubmed..Collectively these findings suggest that Wnts control midbrain proliferation, at least in part, through regulation of two novel target genes, the zic2a-zic5 gene pair. ..
- Elsen G, Choi L, Millen K, Grinblat Y, Prince V. Zic1 and Zic4 regulate zebrafish roof plate specification and hindbrain ventricle morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;314:376-92 pubmed publisher..In summary, we conclude that Zic1 and Zic4 control zebrafish 4th ventricle morphogenesis by regulating multiple mechanisms including cell proliferation and fate specification in the dorsal hindbrain. ..
- Kelly G, Lai C, Moon R. Expression of wnt10a in the central nervous system of developing zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1993;158:113-21 pubmed..Comparatively, zebrafish wnt1 transcripts are expressed in a stripe at the future midbrain-hindbrain boundary and at the future forebrain-..
- Hurlstone A, Haramis A, Wienholds E, Begthel H, Korving J, Van Eeden F, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates cardiac valve formation. Nature. 2003;425:633-7 pubmed..Our findings identify a novel role for Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in determining endocardial cell fate. ..
- Hong S, Dawid I. The transcriptional mediator component Med12 is required for hindbrain boundary formation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19076 pubmed publisher..The kto/med12 mutation results in specific defects of boundary cell formation in the zebrafish hindbrain. ..
- Paulus J, Halloran M. Zebrafish bashful/laminin-alpha 1 mutants exhibit multiple axon guidance defects. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:213-24 pubmed..In contrast to CNS axons, most peripheral axons appear normal in bal mutants. Our results, thus, reveal important and diverse functions for laminin-alpha1 in guiding developing axons in vivo. ..
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Burgess S, Reim G, Chen W, Hopkins N, Brand M. The zebrafish spiel-ohne-grenzen (spg) gene encodes the POU domain protein Pou2 related to mammalian Oct4 and is essential for formation of the midbrain and hindbrain, and for pre-gastrula morphogenesis. Development. 2002;129:905-16 pubmed..1, wnt1, krox20) are severely reduced, correlating with the neuroectoderm-specific expression phase of pou2...
- Jeong J, Einhorn Z, Mathur P, Chen L, Lee S, Kawakami K, et al. Patterning the zebrafish diencephalon by the conserved zinc-finger protein Fezl. Development. 2007;134:127-36 pubmed..Our findings reveal that Fezl is crucial for establishing regional subdivisions within the diencephalon and may also play a role in the development of the telencephalon and hypothalamus. ..
- Scholpp S, Brand M. Integrity of the midbrain region is required to maintain the diencephalic-mesencephalic boundary in zebrafish no isthmus/pax2.1 mutants. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:313-22 pubmed..We therefore suggest that the genetic program controlled by Pax2.1 is not only involved in initiating but also in maintaining the identity of midbrain and isthmus cells to prevent them from assuming a forebrain or hindbrain fate. ..
- Aamar E, Dawid I. Protocadherin-18a has a role in cell adhesion, behavior and migration in zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2008;318:335-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for Pcdh18a in cell adhesion, migration and behavior but not cell specification during gastrula and segmentation stages of development. ..
- Tee J, van Rooijen C, Boonen R, Zivkovic D. Regulation of slow and fast muscle myofibrillogenesis by Wnt/beta-catenin and myostatin signaling. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5880 pubmed publisher..Epistatic analyses suggest a possible genetic interaction between Wnt/beta-catenin and Myostatin in regulation of slow and fast twitch muscle myofibrillogenesis...
- Yee N, Zhou W, Liang I. Transient receptor potential ion channel Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic epithelial proliferation by Mg2+-sensitive Socs3a signaling in development and cancer. Dis Model Mech. 2011;4:240-54 pubmed publisher..Results of this study indicate that Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic development via the Mg(2+)-sensitive Socs3a pathway, and suggest that aberrant TRPM7-mediated signaling contributes to pancreatic carcinogenesis. ..
- Kikuchi Y, Segawa H, Tokumoto M, Tsubokawa T, Hotta Y, Uyemura K, et al. Ocular and cerebellar defects in zebrafish induced by overexpression of the LIM domains of the islet-3 LIM/homeodomain protein. Neuron. 1997;18:369-82 pubmed..in embryos specifically prevented formation of the optic vesicles; caused abnormal termination of the expression of wnt1, engrailed2, and pax2 in the mesencephalic and metencephalic region between 14 hr and 20 hr postfertilization; and ..
- Hofmeister W, Devine C, Rothnagel J, Key B. Frizzled-3a and slit2 genetically interact to modulate midline axon crossing in the telencephalon. Mech Dev. 2012;129:109-24 pubmed publisher..In the absence of this platform of glia, commissural axons fail to cross the rostral midline of the forebrain. ..
- Barth K, Wilson S. Expression of zebrafish nk2.2 is influenced by sonic hedgehog/vertebrate hedgehog-1 and demarcates a zone of neuronal differentiation in the embryonic forebrain. Development. 1995;121:1755-68 pubmed..2 expression. Together, these results suggest a requirement of shh/vhh-1 protein for the spatial regulation of nk2.2 expression. ..
- Eroglu B, Wang G, Tu N, Sun X, Mivechi N. Critical role of Brg1 member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex during neurogenesis and neural crest induction in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2722-35 pubmed..This is exhibited by the aberrant brain patterning, a reduction in the sensory neurons, and craniofacial defects. These results further elucidate the critical role for Brg1 in neurogenesis, neural crest induction, and differentiation. ..
- Amores A, Force A, Yan Y, Joly L, Amemiya C, Fritz A, et al. Zebrafish hox clusters and vertebrate genome evolution. Science. 1998;282:1711-4 pubmed..Thus, teleosts, the most species-rich group of vertebrates, appear to have more copies of these developmental regulatory genes than do mammals, despite less complexity in the anterior-posterior axis. ..
- Buckles G, Thorpe C, Ramel M, Lekven A. Combinatorial Wnt control of zebrafish midbrain-hindbrain boundary formation. Mech Dev. 2004;121:437-47 pubmed..In the zebrafish, Wnt1 and Wnt10b functionally overlap in their control of gene expression in the ventral midbrain-hindbrain boundary (MHB)..
- Carl M, Bianco I, Bajoghli B, Aghaallaei N, Czerny T, Wilson S. Wnt/Axin1/beta-catenin signaling regulates asymmetric nodal activation, elaboration, and concordance of CNS asymmetries. Neuron. 2007;55:393-405 pubmed..We identify a second role for the Wnt pathway in the left/right regulation of LPM Nodal pathway gene expression, and finally, we show that at later stages Axin1 is required for the elaboration of concordant neuroanatomical asymmetries. ..
- Ekker M, Speevak M, Martin C, Joly L, Giroux G, Chevrette M. Stable transfer of zebrafish chromosome segments into mouse cells. Genomics. 1996;33:57-64 pubmed..Zebrafish/mouse cell hybrids will provide a useful tool for the physical mapping of the zebrafish genome and for the cloning of genes affected in zebrafish mutants. ..
- Erickson T, Scholpp S, Brand M, Moens C, Waskiewicz A. Pbx proteins cooperate with Engrailed to pattern the midbrain-hindbrain and diencephalic-mesencephalic boundaries. Dev Biol. 2007;301:504-17 pubmed..lacking Pbx function correctly initiate midbrain patterning, but fail to maintain eng2a, pax2a, fgf8, gbx2, and wnt1 expression at the MHB...
- Hauptmann G, Söll I, Gerster T. The early embryonic zebrafish forebrain is subdivided into molecularly distinct transverse and longitudinal domains. Brain Res Bull. 2002;57:371-5 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified a series of eight transverse diencephalic domains which may indicate a prosomeric organization of the rostral zebrafish brain. ..
- Li M, Wang X, Zhu J, Zhu S, Hu X, Zhu C, et al. Toxic effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on cardiac development in zebrafish. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:7973-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PCBs can induce developmental defects in the zebrafish heart, which may be mediated by abnormal RA signaling. ..
- Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf22 regulated by Fgf3/Fgf8 signaling is required for zebrafish midbrain development. Biol Open. 2013;2:515-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, fgf22 partially rescued the fgf3/fgf8 double morphant phenotype. The present results indicate Fgf22 to be involved in midbrain development downstream of Fgf3 and Fgf8 in the MHB but not of Hh in the floor plate. ..
- Huang J, Zhong Z, Wang M, Chen X, Tan Y, Zhang S, et al. Circadian modulation of dopamine levels and dopaminergic neuron development contributes to attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2572-87 pubmed publisher..The circadian model for attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior sheds light on ADHD pathogenesis and opens avenues for exploring novel targets for diagnosis and therapy for this common psychiatric disorder. ..
- Langenberg T, Brand M. Lineage restriction maintains a stable organizer cell population at the zebrafish midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Development. 2005;132:3209-16 pubmed..Our findings suggest that segmentation as an organizing principle in early brain development can be extended to the mhb region. We argue that lineage restriction serves to constrain the position of the mhb organizer cell population. ..
- Shitasako S, Ito Y, Ito R, Ueda Y, Shimizu Y, Ohshima T. Wnt and Shh signals regulate neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation in the optic tectum of adult zebrafish. Dev Neurobiol. 2017;77:1206-1220 pubmed publisher..Our experimental data also indicate the involvement of these signaling pathways in neural differentiation from NSCs. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 77: 1206-1220, 2017. ..
- Khayrullin A, Smith L, Mistry D, Dukes A, Pan Y, Hamrick M. Chronic alcohol exposure induces muscle atrophy (myopathy) in zebrafish and alters the expression of microRNAs targeting the Notch pathway in skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:590-595 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, zebrafish may serve as a useful model for better understanding the role of microRNAs in alcohol-related tissue damage. ..
- Benini A, Cignarella F, Calvarini L, Mantovanelli S, Giacopuzzi E, Zizioli D, et al. slc7a6os gene plays a critical role in defined areas of the developing CNS in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119696 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that slc7a6os might play a critical role in defined areas of the developing CNS in vertebrates, probably by regulating the expression of key genes. ..
- Hammerschmidt M, Bitgood M, McMahon A. Protein kinase A is a common negative regulator of Hedgehog signaling in the vertebrate embryo. Genes Dev. 1996;10:647-58 pubmed..These results, together with epistasis studies on the block of ectopic Hh signaling by PKA*, indicate that PKA acts in target cells as a common negative regulator of Hedgehog signaling. ..
- Tallafuss A, Wilm T, Crozatier M, Pfeffer P, Wassef M, Bally Cuif L. The zebrafish buttonhead-like factor Bts1 is an early regulator of pax2.1 expression during mid-hindbrain development. Development. 2001;128:4021-34 pubmed..1 and wnt1. Ectopic expression of bts1 combined to knock-down experiments demonstrate that Bts1 is both necessary and ..
- Waxman J, Hocking A, Stoick C, Moon R. Zebrafish Dapper1 and Dapper2 play distinct roles in Wnt-mediated developmental processes. Development. 2004;131:5909-21 pubmed..We conclude that two Dvl-associated paralogs, Dpr1 and Dpr2, participate in distinct Wnt-dependent developmental processes. ..
- Ohata S, Kinoshita S, Aoki R, Tanaka H, Wada H, Tsuruoka Kinoshita S, et al. Neuroepithelial cells require fucosylated glycans to guide the migration of vagus motor neuron progenitors in the developing zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2009;136:1653-63 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that fucosylated glycans expressed in neuroepithelial cells are required to guide the migration of vagus motor neuron progenitors. ..
- Zhang C, Boa Amponsem O, Cole G. Comparison of molecular marker expression in early zebrafish brain development following chronic ethanol or morpholino treatment. Exp Brain Res. 2017;235:2413-2423 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization was employed to analyze otx2, pax6a, epha4a, krx20, pax2a, fgf8a, wnt1, and eng2b expression during early brain development...
- Hirate Y, Okamoto H. Canopy1, a novel regulator of FGF signaling around the midbrain-hindbrain boundary in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:421-7 pubmed..This study highlights a positive-feedback loop between the FGFR pathway and Cnpy1 that may ensure the strength of FGF signaling in the MHB, leading to correct development of the tectum and cerebellum. ..
- Lagutin O, Zhu C, Kobayashi D, Topczewski J, Shimamura K, Puelles L, et al. Six3 repression of Wnt signaling in the anterior neuroectoderm is essential for vertebrate forebrain development. Genes Dev. 2003;17:368-79 pubmed..In Six3(-/-) mice, the prosencephalon was severely truncated, and the expression of Wnt1 was rostrally expanded, a finding that indicates that the mutant head was posteriorized...
- Kim J, Chun H, Kim S, Kim H, Kim Y, Kim M, et al. Normal forebrain development may require continual Wnt antagonism until mid-somitogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:717-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that normal forebrain development requires continual Wnt antagonism from the early gastrula to the mid-somitogenesis stage. ..
- Cretekos C, Grunwald D. alyron, an insertional mutation affecting early neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1999;210:322-38 pubmed
- Foucher I, Mione M, Simeone A, Acampora D, Bally Cuif L, Houart C. Differentiation of cerebellar cell identities in absence of Fgf signalling in zebrafish Otx morphants. Development. 2006;133:1891-900 pubmed..This maintenance is enough to allow cerebellar differentiation. ..
- Dworkin S, Darido C, Georgy S, Wilanowski T, Srivastava S, Ellett F, et al. Midbrain-hindbrain boundary patterning and morphogenesis are regulated by diverse grainy head-like 2-dependent pathways. Development. 2012;139:525-36 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that MHB maintenance and morphogenesis are dissociable events regulated by grhl2b through diverse transcriptional targets. ..
- Matsui T, Raya A, Kawakami Y, Callol Massot C, Capdevila J, Rodriguez Esteban C, et al. Noncanonical Wnt signaling regulates midline convergence of organ primordia during zebrafish development. Genes Dev. 2005;19:164-75 pubmed..Overall, our results uncover a late, previously unexpected role of noncanonical Wnt signaling in the control of midline assembly of organ precursors during vertebrate embryo development. ..
- Lecaudey V, Ulloa E, Anselme I, Stedman A, Schneider Maunoury S, Pujades C. Role of the hindbrain in patterning the otic vesicle: a study of the zebrafish vhnf1 mutant. Dev Biol. 2007;303:134-43 pubmed..They suggest that, despite the evolution of inner ear structure and function, some of the mechanisms underlying the regionalisation of the otic vesicle in fish and amniotes have been conserved. ..
- Yang J, Zeng Z, Wei J, Jiang L, Ma Q, Wu M, et al. Sema4d is required for the development of the hindbrain boundary and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:213-9 pubmed publisher..phenotypes appeared to be associated with the abnormal expression of three hindbrain rhombomere boundary markers, wnt1, epha4a and foxb1.2, and two myogenic regulatory factors, myod and myog...
- Ninkovic J, Stigloher C, Lillesaar C, Bally Cuif L. Gsk3beta/PKA and Gli1 regulate the maintenance of neural progenitors at the midbrain-hindbrain boundary in concert with E(Spl) factor activity. Development. 2008;135:3137-48 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a model in which the modulation of E(Spl) and Gsk3beta/PKA activities by Gli1 underlies the dynamic properties of IZ maintenance and recruitment. ..
- Kondrychyn I, Robra L, Thirumalai V. Transcriptional Complexity and Distinct Expression Patterns of auts2 Paralogs in Danio rerio. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:2577-2593 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of the various paralogs is tightly regulated both spatially and developmentally. Our findings suggest that auts2 paralogs serve distinct functions in the development and functioning of target tissues. ..
- O Hara F, Beck E, Barr L, Wong L, Kessler D, Riddle R. Zebrafish Lmx1b.1 and Lmx1b.2 are required for maintenance of the isthmic organizer. Development. 2005;132:3163-73 pubmed..Lmx1b is expressed within the chick IsO, where it is sufficient to maintain expression of the secreted factor wnt1. In this paper, we show that zebrafish express two Lmx1b orthologs, lmx1b.1 and lmx1b...
- Chuang H, Cheng H, Hsiao K, Lin C, Lin M, Pan H. The zebrafish homeobox gene irxl1 is required for brain and pharyngeal arch morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:639-50 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that irxl1 may regulate factors involved in brain and pharyngeal arch development. ..
- Lunde K, Belting H, Driever W. Zebrafish pou5f1/pou2, homolog of mammalian Oct4, functions in the endoderm specification cascade. Curr Biol. 2004;14:48-55 pubmed..We propose that pou5f1 plays an activating role in zebrafish endodermal development, where it maintains sox32 expression during gastrulation and acts with sox32 to induce sox17 expression in endodermal precursor cells. ..
- Aquilina Beck A, Ilagan K, Liu Q, Liang J. Nodal signaling is required for closure of the anterior neural tube in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:126 pubmed
- Dorsky R, Moon R, Raible D. Control of neural crest cell fate by the Wnt signalling pathway. Nature. 1998;396:370-3 pubmed..We conclude that endogenous Wnt signalling normally promotes pigment-cell formation by medial crest cells and thereby contributes to the diversity of neural crest cell fates. ..
- Pezeron G, Anselme I, Laplante M, Ellingsen S, Becker T, Rosa F, et al. Duplicate sfrp1 genes in zebrafish: sfrp1a is dynamically expressed in the developing central nervous system, gut and lateral line. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:835-42 pubmed..Overall, our studies provide a basis for future analyses of these developmentally important factors using the zebrafish model...
- Cavodeassi F, Carreira Barbosa F, Young R, Concha M, Allende M, Houart C, et al. Early stages of zebrafish eye formation require the coordinated activity of Wnt11, Fz5, and the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Neuron. 2005;47:43-56 pubmed
- Gibbs H, Dodson C, Bai Y, Lekven A, Yeh A. Combined lineage mapping and gene expression profiling of embryonic brain patterning using ultrashort pulse microscopy and image registration. J Biomed Opt. 2014;19:126016 pubmed publisher..As a demonstration, we used time-lapse 2PF to capture midbrain-hindbrain boundary morphogenesis and a wnt1 lineage map from embryos during brain segmentation...
- Bonner J, Gribble S, Veien E, Nikolaus O, Weidinger G, Dorsky R. Proliferation and patterning are mediated independently in the dorsal spinal cord downstream of canonical Wnt signaling. Dev Biol. 2008;313:398-407 pubmed..Together, our work demonstrates that proliferation and patterning in the developing spinal cord are separable events that are regulated independently by Wnt signaling. ..
- Shinya M, Eschbach C, Clark M, Lehrach H, Furutani Seiki M. Zebrafish Dkk1, induced by the pre-MBT Wnt signaling, is secreted from the prechordal plate and patterns the anterior neural plate. Mech Dev. 2000;98:3-17 pubmed..The nodal gene squint is also required for the maintenance of dkk1 expression. Among the mutually dependent target genes of the pre-MBT Wnt signaling, dkk1 plays an important role in patterning the anterior head of zebrafish. ..
- Duncan R, Panahi S, Piotrowski T, Dorsky R. Identification of Wnt Genes Expressed in Neural Progenitor Zones during Zebrafish Brain Development. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145810 pubmed publisher..Our data identify 12 specific ligands that can now be tested using loss-of-function approaches. ..
- Itoh M, Kudoh T, Dedekian M, Kim C, Chitnis A. A role for iro1 and iro7 in the establishment of an anteroposterior compartment of the ectoderm adjacent to the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Development. 2002;129:2317-27 pubmed
- Kao T, Chu C, Lee G, Hsiao T, Cheng N, Chang N, et al. Folate deficiency-induced oxidative stress contributes to neuropathy in young and aged zebrafish--implication in neural tube defects and Alzheimer's diseases. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;71:234-44 pubmed publisher..We concluded that folate deficiency-induced oxidative stress contributed to the folate deficiency-associated neuropathogenesis in both early and late stages of life. ..
- Hauptmann G, Gerster T. Regulatory gene expression patterns reveal transverse and longitudinal subdivisions of the embryonic zebrafish forebrain. Mech Dev. 2000;91:105-18 pubmed..Our data suggest a strong conservation of early forebrain organization between lower and higher vertebrates. ..
- Markham N, Doll C, Dohn M, Miller R, Yu H, Coffey R, et al. DIPA-family coiled-coils bind conserved isoform-specific head domain of p120-catenin family: potential roles in hydrocephalus and heterotopia. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2592-603 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a novel, highly conserved interaction between two protein families that may participate either individually or collectively in N-cadherin-mediated development. ..
- Becker T, Ostendorff H, Bossenz M, Schlüter A, Becker C, Peirano R, et al. Multiple functions of LIM domain-binding CLIM/NLI/Ldb cofactors during zebrafish development. Mech Dev. 2002;117:75-85 pubmed..Our results demonstrate multiple roles of the CLIM cofactor family for the development of entire organs, axonal outgrowth of specific neurons and protein expression levels. ..
- Krauss S, Maden M, Holder N, Wilson S. Zebrafish pax[b] is involved in the formation of the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Nature. 1992;360:87-9 pubmed..The data demonstrate an involvement of pax[b] in the formation of the midbrain-hindbrain junction. ..