Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg7
Description: vitellogenin 7
Alias: si:dkey-4c23.1, vg7, wu:fb62f05, vitellogenin 7
- Park J, Henry T, Menn F, Compton R, Sayler G. No bioavailability of 17?-ethinylestradiol when associated with nC60 aggregates during dietary exposure in adult male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;81:1227-32 pubmed publisher..Results have implications on the effect of nC(60) on the bioavailability of co-contaminants in organisms during dietary exposure. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Hostelley T, Lodh S, Zaghloul N. Whole organism transcriptome analysis of zebrafish models of Bardet-Biedl Syndrome and Alström Syndrome provides mechanistic insight into shared and divergent phenotypes. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:318 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important novel insight into shared and divergent phenotypes between two similar but distinct genetic syndromes. ..
- Kristoffersen B, Nerland A, Nilsen F, Kolarevic J, Finn R. Genomic and proteomic analyses reveal non-neofunctionalized vitellogenins in a basal clupeocephalan, the Atlantic herring, and point to the origin of maturational yolk proteolysis in marine teleosts. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1029-44 pubmed publisher
- Li I, Chan C, Lu Y, Wu Y, Chen Y, Li G, et al. Zebrafish krüppel-like factor 4a represses intestinal cell proliferation and promotes differentiation of intestinal cell lineages. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20974 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the regulation of differentiation of goblet cells in zebrafish intestine by Notch signaling at least partially mediated through Klf4a. ..
- Sun C, Hu L, Liu S, Gao Z, Zhang S. Functional analysis of domain of unknown function (DUF) 1943, DUF1944 and von Willebrand factor type D domain (VWD) in vitellogenin2 in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:469-76 pubmed publisher..This study also opens a new angle for identification of function of genes of unknown function, which have the domains DUF1943 and DUF1944. ..
- Petushkova N, Kuznetsova G, Larina O, Kisrieva Y, Samenkova N, Trifonova O, et al. One-dimensional proteomic profiling of Danio rerio embryo vitellogenin to estimate quantum dot toxicity. Proteome Sci. 2015;13:17 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the possible utility of Vtg profiling in D. rerio embryos as a sensitive diagnostic tool to estimate nanoparticle toxicity. ..
- Zhang W, Sheng N, Wang M, Zhang H, Dai J. Zebrafish reproductive toxicity induced by chronic perfluorononanoate exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:269-76 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that chronic exposure to PFNA can lead to dysfunction in the HPGL axis and sex hormone synthesis and cause adverse effects on fish reproduction. ..
- Baker B, Yee J, Meyer D, Yang D, Baker T. Histological and Transcriptomic Changes in Male Zebrafish Testes Due to Early Life Exposure to Low Level 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin. Zebrafish. 2016;13:413-23 pubmed publisher..These data will inform future investigations to elucidate the mechanism of adult-onset and transgenerational infertility due to TCDD exposure in zebrafish. ..
- Zheng S, Wang X, Fu J, Hu X, Xiao X, Huang L, et al. Desalting of phosphopeptides by tandem polypyrrole-c18 reverse phase micropipette tip (TMTip(PPY-C18)) based on hybrid electrostatic, ?-? stacking and hydrophobic interactions for mass spectrometric analysis. Anal Chim Acta. 2012;724:73-9 pubmed publisher..Thus it provides a useful means to handle peptides that may not be detectable in acidic condition. It can be envisioned that the TMTip(PPY-C18) should be able to facilitate the exploration of large scale phosphoproteome. ..