Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg6
Description: vitellogenin 6
Alias: si:rp71-23d18.1, vg6, wu:fb62e09, vitellogenin 6
- Sun C, Hu L, Liu S, Gao Z, Zhang S. Functional analysis of domain of unknown function (DUF) 1943, DUF1944 and von Willebrand factor type D domain (VWD) in vitellogenin2 in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:469-76 pubmed publisher..This study also opens a new angle for identification of function of genes of unknown function, which have the domains DUF1943 and DUF1944. ..
- Li I, Chan C, Lu Y, Wu Y, Chen Y, Li G, et al. Zebrafish krüppel-like factor 4a represses intestinal cell proliferation and promotes differentiation of intestinal cell lineages. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20974 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the regulation of differentiation of goblet cells in zebrafish intestine by Notch signaling at least partially mediated through Klf4a. ..
- Sun L, Wen L, Shao X, Qian H, Jin Y, Liu W, et al. Screening of chemicals with anti-estrogenic activity using in vitro and in vivo vitellogenin induction responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;78:793-9 pubmed publisher..Since these observations were in agreement with the pharmaceutical properties of two tested chemicals, the primary hepatocyte culture could be a promising tool for screening suspected EDCs. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Connolly M, Dutkosky R, Heah T, Sayler G, Henry T. Temporal dynamics of oocyte growth and vitellogenin gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Zebrafish. 2014;11:107-14 pubmed publisher..Follicular atresia among fish sampled 32 days postspawning highlights the importance of regular spawning in zebrafish and suggests that the event of spawning itself may be integral to the regulation of oocyte development. ..
- Kristoffersen B, Nerland A, Nilsen F, Kolarevic J, Finn R. Genomic and proteomic analyses reveal non-neofunctionalized vitellogenins in a basal clupeocephalan, the Atlantic herring, and point to the origin of maturational yolk proteolysis in marine teleosts. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1029-44 pubmed publisher
- Eb Levadoux Y, Frelon S, Simon O, Arnaudguilhem C, Lobinski R, Mounicou S. In vivo identification of potential uranium protein targets in zebrafish ovaries after chronic waterborne exposure. Metallomics. 2017;9:525-534 pubmed publisher..Potential U targets were mainly involved in three biological processes: oxidative stress regulation (SOD, GST), cytoskeleton structure (actin) and embryo early development (vtg, initiation factor). ..
- Jin Y, Wang W, Sheng G, Liu W, Fu Z. Hepatic and extrahepatic expression of estrogen-responsive genes in male adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) as biomarkers of short-term exposure to 17beta-estradiol. Environ Monit Assess. 2008;146:105-11 pubmed..These results suggest that Vtg I mRNA is a highly sensitive biomarker for determining the estrogenic effects of E2 and that the skin of zebrafish may be an appropriate substitute for liver for such a determination. ..
- Lai Y, Hsieh F, Hsu T. Affinity isolation and mass spectral analysis of 1,10-phenanthroline (OP)-stimulated UV-damaged-DNA binding proteins expressed in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1117-1129 pubmed publisher..The OP-stimulated fraction produced a much stronger UV-dependent DNA incision activity in the presence than in the absence of OP, suggesting the association of these factors with DNA damage repair under metal-deficient conditions. ..
- Finn R, Kolarevic J, Kongshaug H, Nilsen F. Evolution and differential expression of a vertebrate vitellogenin gene cluster. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:2 pubmed publisher..The differential expression and latent neofunctionalization of vtg genes in acanthomorph teleosts is an adaptive feature associated with oocyte hydration and spawning in the marine environment. ..
- Biava P, Canaider S, Facchin F, Bianconi E, Ljungberg L, Rotilio D, et al. Stem Cell Differentiation Stage Factors from Zebrafish Embryo: A Novel Strategy to Modulate the Fate of Normal and Pathological Human (Stem) Cells. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:782-92 pubmed..In addition we report the data not yet published about a first protein analysis of the SCDSFs and about their role in a pathological condition like neurodegeneration. ..