Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg5
Description: vitellogenin 5
Alias: si:rp71-23d18.5, vg5, wu:fi49a01, zgc:114012, vitellogenin 5
- Finn R, Kolarevic J, Kongshaug H, Nilsen F. Evolution and differential expression of a vertebrate vitellogenin gene cluster. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:2 pubmed publisher..The differential expression and latent neofunctionalization of vtg genes in acanthomorph teleosts is an adaptive feature associated with oocyte hydration and spawning in the marine environment. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Lai Y, Hsieh F, Hsu T. Affinity isolation and mass spectral analysis of 1,10-phenanthroline (OP)-stimulated UV-damaged-DNA binding proteins expressed in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1117-1129 pubmed publisher..The OP-stimulated fraction produced a much stronger UV-dependent DNA incision activity in the presence than in the absence of OP, suggesting the association of these factors with DNA damage repair under metal-deficient conditions. ..
- Petushkova N, Kuznetsova G, Larina O, Kisrieva Y, Samenkova N, Trifonova O, et al. One-dimensional proteomic profiling of Danio rerio embryo vitellogenin to estimate quantum dot toxicity. Proteome Sci. 2015;13:17 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the possible utility of Vtg profiling in D. rerio embryos as a sensitive diagnostic tool to estimate nanoparticle toxicity. ..
- Sohn J, Kim S, Koschorreck J, Kho Y, Choi K. Alteration of sex hormone levels and steroidogenic pathway by several low molecular weight phthalates and their metabolites in male zebrafish (Danio rerio) and/or human adrenal cell (H295R) line. J Hazard Mater. 2016;320:45-54 pubmed publisher..Our results show that not only DEP, BBzP, and DiBP, but also their hydrolytic metabolites disrupt sex hormone balances through modulating key steroidogenic genes in the human adrenal cells and in zebrafish. ..
- Eb Levadoux Y, Frelon S, Simon O, Arnaudguilhem C, Lobinski R, Mounicou S. In vivo identification of potential uranium protein targets in zebrafish ovaries after chronic waterborne exposure. Metallomics. 2017;9:525-534 pubmed publisher..Potential U targets were mainly involved in three biological processes: oxidative stress regulation (SOD, GST), cytoskeleton structure (actin) and embryo early development (vtg, initiation factor). ..
- Parolini M, Bini L, Magni S, Rizzo A, Ghilardi A, Landi C, et al. Exposure to cocaine and its main metabolites altered the protein profile of zebrafish embryos. Environ Pollut. 2018;232:603-614 pubmed publisher..Our data confirmed the potential toxicity of low concentrations of COC, BE and EME, and helped to shed light on their MoA on an aquatic vertebrate during early developmental period. ..