Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg4
Description: vitellogenin 4
Alias: si:rp71-23d18.3, wu:fb59b02, wu:fb59d07, wu:fb59e10, zgc:136286, zgc:136383, vitellogenin 4, vg4
- Connolly M, Dutkosky R, Heah T, Sayler G, Henry T. Temporal dynamics of oocyte growth and vitellogenin gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Zebrafish. 2014;11:107-14 pubmed publisher..Follicular atresia among fish sampled 32 days postspawning highlights the importance of regular spawning in zebrafish and suggests that the event of spawning itself may be integral to the regulation of oocyte development. ..
- Jo A, Ji K, Choi K. Endocrine disruption effects of long-term exposure to perfluorodecanoic acid (PFDA) and perfluorotridecanoic acid (PFTrDA) in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and related mechanisms. Chemosphere. 2014;108:360-6 pubmed publisher..Consequences of endocrine disruptions in reproduction performances of the fish warrant further investigation. ..
- Babaei F, Ramalingam R, Tavendale A, Liang Y, Yan L, Ajuh P, et al. Novel blood collection method allows plasma proteome analysis from single zebrafish. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:1580-90 pubmed publisher..Twenty-seven gender-dependent plasma proteins are identified and their biochemical importance discussed. Taken together, this novel technique enables analyses that were previously difficult to perform on zebrafish blood. ..
- Finn R, Kolarevic J, Kongshaug H, Nilsen F. Evolution and differential expression of a vertebrate vitellogenin gene cluster. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:2 pubmed publisher..The differential expression and latent neofunctionalization of vtg genes in acanthomorph teleosts is an adaptive feature associated with oocyte hydration and spawning in the marine environment. ..
- Lai Y, Hsieh F, Hsu T. Affinity isolation and mass spectral analysis of 1,10-phenanthroline (OP)-stimulated UV-damaged-DNA binding proteins expressed in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1117-1129 pubmed publisher..The OP-stimulated fraction produced a much stronger UV-dependent DNA incision activity in the presence than in the absence of OP, suggesting the association of these factors with DNA damage repair under metal-deficient conditions. ..
- Park J, Henry T, Menn F, Compton R, Sayler G. No bioavailability of 17?-ethinylestradiol when associated with nC60 aggregates during dietary exposure in adult male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;81:1227-32 pubmed publisher..Results have implications on the effect of nC(60) on the bioavailability of co-contaminants in organisms during dietary exposure. ..
- Liu Q, Klingler R, Wimpee B, Dellinger M, KING HEIDEN T, Grzybowski J, et al. Maternal methylmercury from a wild-caught walleye diet induces developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:272-282 pubmed publisher..Results from this study provide evidence that food intended for human consumption, with relatively modest levels of MeHg, may induce adverse effects in offspring. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Petushkova N, Kuznetsova G, Larina O, Kisrieva Y, Samenkova N, Trifonova O, et al. One-dimensional proteomic profiling of Danio rerio embryo vitellogenin to estimate quantum dot toxicity. Proteome Sci. 2015;13:17 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the possible utility of Vtg profiling in D. rerio embryos as a sensitive diagnostic tool to estimate nanoparticle toxicity. ..
- Singh A, Sivadas A, Sabharwal A, Vellarikal S, Jayarajan R, Verma A, et al. Chamber Specific Gene Expression Landscape of the Zebrafish Heart. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147823 pubmed publisher..It is also postulated that this transcriptome atlas will help utilize zebrafish in a better way as a model for studying cardiac development and to explore functional role of gene networks in cardiac disease pathogenesis. ..
- Meng X, Bartholomew C, Craft J. Differential expression of vitellogenin and oestrogen receptor genes in the liver of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;396:625-30 pubmed publisher..1% of female fish), while ERbeta1 could not be detected. The very low level of expression of ERalpha in males raises questions about the accepted mechanism of oestrogenic induction of VTG in male fish. ..
- Miao L, Yuan Y, Cheng F, Fang J, Zhou F, Ma W, et al. Translation repression by maternal RNA binding protein Zar1 is essential for early oogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:128-138 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that regulation of translational repression and de-repression are essential for precisely controlling protein expression during early oogenesis. ..