Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg3
Description: vitellogenin 3, phosvitinless
Alias: cb1001, vg3, wu:fb58g02, wu:fb59f05, wu:fb61d01, vitellogenin 3, phosvitinless, phosvitinless vitellogenin
- Kristoffersen B, Nerland A, Nilsen F, Kolarevic J, Finn R. Genomic and proteomic analyses reveal non-neofunctionalized vitellogenins in a basal clupeocephalan, the Atlantic herring, and point to the origin of maturational yolk proteolysis in marine teleosts. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1029-44 pubmed publisher
- Martyniuk C, Gerrie E, Popesku J, Ekker M, Trudeau V. Microarray analysis in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver and telencephalon after exposure to low concentration of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol. Aquat Toxicol. 2007;84:38-49 pubmed..In the liver, common biomarkers for estrogenic exposure such as vitellogenin 1 and 3 (vtg1; vtg3), estrogen receptor alpha (esr1), and apolipoprotein A1 (apoA1) mRNA were identified by microarray analysis as ..
- Lee S, Jung D, Kho Y, Ji K, Kim P, Ahn B, et al. Ecotoxicological assessment of cimetidine and determination of its potential for endocrine disruption using three test organisms: Daphnia magna, Moina macrocopa, and Danio rerio. Chemosphere. 2015;135:208-16 pubmed publisher..However potential consequences of endocrine disruption following long-term exposure in aquatic environment deserves further investigation. ..
- Bugel S, White L, Cooper K. Inhibition of vitellogenin gene induction by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin is mediated by aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (AHR2) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2013;126:1-8 pubmed publisher..2,3,7,8-TCDD) or 1,2,3,7,8-pentachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin inhibited the EE2 induction of vtg1, vtg2 and vtg3 by >95% (p?0.05)...
- Babaei F, Ramalingam R, Tavendale A, Liang Y, Yan L, Ajuh P, et al. Novel blood collection method allows plasma proteome analysis from single zebrafish. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:1580-90 pubmed publisher..Twenty-seven gender-dependent plasma proteins are identified and their biochemical importance discussed. Taken together, this novel technique enables analyses that were previously difficult to perform on zebrafish blood. ..
- Zucchi S, Blüthgen N, Ieronimo A, Fent K. The UV-absorber benzophenone-4 alters transcripts of genes involved in hormonal pathways in zebrafish (Danio rerio) eleuthero-embryos and adult males. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;250:137-46 pubmed publisher..In eleuthero-embryos transcripts of vtg1, vtg3, esr1, esr2b, hsd17ß3, cyp19b cyp19a, hhex and pax8 were induced at 3000 ?g/L BP-4, which points to a low ..
- Biava P, Canaider S, Facchin F, Bianconi E, Ljungberg L, Rotilio D, et al. Stem Cell Differentiation Stage Factors from Zebrafish Embryo: A Novel Strategy to Modulate the Fate of Normal and Pathological Human (Stem) Cells. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:782-92 pubmed..In addition we report the data not yet published about a first protein analysis of the SCDSFs and about their role in a pathological condition like neurodegeneration. ..
- Sun C, Hu L, Liu S, Gao Z, Zhang S. Functional analysis of domain of unknown function (DUF) 1943, DUF1944 and von Willebrand factor type D domain (VWD) in vitellogenin2 in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:469-76 pubmed publisher..This study also opens a new angle for identification of function of genes of unknown function, which have the domains DUF1943 and DUF1944. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Liu C, Yu L, Deng J, Lam P, Wu R, Zhou B. Waterborne exposure to fluorotelomer alcohol 6:2 FTOH alters plasma sex hormone and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:131-7 pubmed publisher..of E2 was accompanied by up-regulated hepatic estrogenic receptor alpha (ERalpha) and vitellogenin (VTG1 and VTG3) expression...
- Islinger M, Willimski D, Volkl A, Braunbeck T. Effects of 17a-ethinylestradiol on the expression of three estrogen-responsive genes and cellular ultrastructure of liver and testes in male zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2003;62:85-103 pubmed..Thus, in sexually differentiated males no reorganisation of the gonadal tissue towards an ovary could be definitely detected at any level investigated. ..