Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg2
Description: vitellogenin 2
Alias: si:dkey-4c23.2, vg2, zfVtg2, vitellogenin 2
- Petushkova N, Kuznetsova G, Larina O, Kisrieva Y, Samenkova N, Trifonova O, et al. One-dimensional proteomic profiling of Danio rerio embryo vitellogenin to estimate quantum dot toxicity. Proteome Sci. 2015;13:17 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the possible utility of Vtg profiling in D. rerio embryos as a sensitive diagnostic tool to estimate nanoparticle toxicity. ..
- Cao F, Zhu L, Li H, Yu S, Wang C, Qiu L. Reproductive toxicity of azoxystrobin to adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2016;219:1109-1121 pubmed publisher..cyp17, cyp19a, cyp19b, hsd3b and hsd17b) in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad (HPG) axis and vitellogenin (vtg1 and vtg2) in the livers were also investigated...
- Jin Y, Chen R, Sun L, Qian H, Liu W, Fu Z. Induction of estrogen-responsive gene transcription in the embryo, larval, juvenile and adult life stages of zebrafish as biomarkers of short-term exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009;150:414-20 pubmed publisher..The use of zebrafish juveniles, larvae and embryos offers an alternative stage to detect EDCs. ..
- Lai Y, Hsieh F, Hsu T. Affinity isolation and mass spectral analysis of 1,10-phenanthroline (OP)-stimulated UV-damaged-DNA binding proteins expressed in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1117-1129 pubmed publisher..The OP-stimulated fraction produced a much stronger UV-dependent DNA incision activity in the presence than in the absence of OP, suggesting the association of these factors with DNA damage repair under metal-deficient conditions. ..
- Kristoffersen B, Nerland A, Nilsen F, Kolarevic J, Finn R. Genomic and proteomic analyses reveal non-neofunctionalized vitellogenins in a basal clupeocephalan, the Atlantic herring, and point to the origin of maturational yolk proteolysis in marine teleosts. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1029-44 pubmed publisher
- Finn R, Kolarevic J, Kongshaug H, Nilsen F. Evolution and differential expression of a vertebrate vitellogenin gene cluster. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:2 pubmed publisher..The differential expression and latent neofunctionalization of vtg genes in acanthomorph teleosts is an adaptive feature associated with oocyte hydration and spawning in the marine environment. ..
- Jin Y, Chen R, Sun L, Wang W, Zhou L, Liu W, et al. Enantioselective induction of estrogen-responsive gene expression by permethrin enantiomers in embryo-larval zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2009;74:1238-44 pubmed publisher..significantly induced gene expression in a pattern similar to that of the control (50 ng L(-1) E2), except for vtg2. Significant differences were detected between the enantiomers in the induction of estrogen-responsive gene ..
- Connolly M, Dutkosky R, Heah T, Sayler G, Henry T. Temporal dynamics of oocyte growth and vitellogenin gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Zebrafish. 2014;11:107-14 pubmed publisher..Follicular atresia among fish sampled 32 days postspawning highlights the importance of regular spawning in zebrafish and suggests that the event of spawning itself may be integral to the regulation of oocyte development. ..
- Biava P, Canaider S, Facchin F, Bianconi E, Ljungberg L, Rotilio D, et al. Stem Cell Differentiation Stage Factors from Zebrafish Embryo: A Novel Strategy to Modulate the Fate of Normal and Pathological Human (Stem) Cells. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:782-92 pubmed..In addition we report the data not yet published about a first protein analysis of the SCDSFs and about their role in a pathological condition like neurodegeneration. ..
- Meng X, Bartholomew C, Craft J. Differential expression of vitellogenin and oestrogen receptor genes in the liver of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;396:625-30 pubmed publisher..1% of female fish), while ERbeta1 could not be detected. The very low level of expression of ERalpha in males raises questions about the accepted mechanism of oestrogenic induction of VTG in male fish. ..
- Bugel S, White L, Cooper K. Inhibition of vitellogenin gene induction by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin is mediated by aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (AHR2) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2013;126:1-8 pubmed publisher..2,3,7,8-TCDD) or 1,2,3,7,8-pentachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin inhibited the EE2 induction of vtg1, vtg2 and vtg3 by >95% (p?0.05)...
- Jin Y, Wang W, Sheng G, Liu W, Fu Z. Hepatic and extrahepatic expression of estrogen-responsive genes in male adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) as biomarkers of short-term exposure to 17beta-estradiol. Environ Monit Assess. 2008;146:105-11 pubmed..These results suggest that Vtg I mRNA is a highly sensitive biomarker for determining the estrogenic effects of E2 and that the skin of zebrafish may be an appropriate substitute for liver for such a determination. ..
- Lu X, Yu R, Murphy M, Lau K, Wu R. Hypoxia disrupts gene modulation along the brain-pituitary-gonad (BPG)-liver axis. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;102:70-8 pubmed publisher..Given that the regulation of reproductive hormones and the BPG-liver axis are highly conserved, this study provides new insights into the hypoxia-induced endocrine disrupting mechanisms and reproductive impairment in other vertebrates...
- Ma Y, Cao C, Wang Q, Gui W, Zhu G. Effects of azocyclotin on gene transcription and steroid metabolome of hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis, and their consequences on reproduction in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;179:55-64 pubmed publisher..reproductive endocrine pathways in the pituitary (lh?), gonad (cyp19a1a, cyp17a1 and 17?-hsd3), and liver (vtg1, vtg2, cyp1a1, comt, ugt1a and gstp1) were correlated with significant reductions in estrogen in both sexes and increased ..
- Guo D, Wang Y, Qian Y, Chen C, Jiao B, Cai L, et al. Joint acute and endocrine disruptive toxicities of malathion, cypermethrin and prochloraz to embryo-larval zebrafish, Danio rerio. Chemosphere. 2017;166:63-71 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that the transcription patterns of many key genes (vtg1, vtg2, era, er?1, er?2, cyp19a1a and cyp19a1b) were affected in hatched zebrafish after exposure to CPM, MAL and PRO...
- Singh A, Sivadas A, Sabharwal A, Vellarikal S, Jayarajan R, Verma A, et al. Chamber Specific Gene Expression Landscape of the Zebrafish Heart. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147823 pubmed publisher..It is also postulated that this transcriptome atlas will help utilize zebrafish in a better way as a model for studying cardiac development and to explore functional role of gene networks in cardiac disease pathogenesis. ..
- Parolini M, Bini L, Magni S, Rizzo A, Ghilardi A, Landi C, et al. Exposure to cocaine and its main metabolites altered the protein profile of zebrafish embryos. Environ Pollut. 2018;232:603-614 pubmed publisher..Our data confirmed the potential toxicity of low concentrations of COC, BE and EME, and helped to shed light on their MoA on an aquatic vertebrate during early developmental period. ..
- Reyhanian Caspillo N, Volkova K, Hallgren S, Olsson P, Porsch Hällström I. Short-term treatment of adult male zebrafish (Danio Rerio) with 17?-ethinyl estradiol affects the transcription of genes involved in development and male sex differentiation. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;164:35-42 pubmed publisher..The decreased transcription of male-predominant genes supports a demasculinization of testes by EE2 and might reflect reproductive disturbances in the environment. ..
- Jin Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, Fu Z. Temperature and photoperiod affect the endocrine disruption effects of ethinylestradiol, nonylphenol and their binary mixture in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010;151:258-63 pubmed publisher..significantly influence the transcription of the estrogen-responsive genes, vitellogenin1 (Vtg1), vitellogenin2 (Vtg2), estrogen receptor-alpha (ER alpha) and estrogen receptor-beta (ER beta), after a 21-day exposure to ..
- Volkova K, Reyhanian Caspillo N, Porseryd T, Hallgren S, DinnÃ©tz P, Porsch HÃ¤llstrÃ¶m I. Developmental exposure of zebrafish (Danio rerio) to 17Î±-ethinylestradiol affects non-reproductive behavior and fertility as adults, and increases anxiety in unexposed progeny. Horm Behav. 2015;73:30-8 pubmed publisher..The behavior of unexposed progeny was affected by their parents' exposure, which might suggest transgenerational effects. ..
- Lu A, Hu X, Wang Y, Shen X, Zhu A, Shen L, et al. Comparative analysis of the acute response of zebrafish Danio rerio skin to two different bacterial infections. J Aquat Anim Health. 2013;25:243-51 pubmed publisher..g., ceruloplasmin, alpha-1-microglobulin, vitellogenin, and heat shock protein). These results suggest that the skin of fish plays an important role in the innate immune responses to bacterial infection. ..
- Sun L, Wen L, Shao X, Qian H, Jin Y, Liu W, et al. Screening of chemicals with anti-estrogenic activity using in vitro and in vivo vitellogenin induction responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;78:793-9 pubmed publisher..Here we measured the transcript levels of selected hepatic estrogen-response genes, including vtg1, vtg2 and eralpha...
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Eb Levadoux Y, Frelon S, Simon O, Arnaudguilhem C, Lobinski R, Mounicou S. In vivo identification of potential uranium protein targets in zebrafish ovaries after chronic waterborne exposure. Metallomics. 2017;9:525-534 pubmed publisher..Potential U targets were mainly involved in three biological processes: oxidative stress regulation (SOD, GST), cytoskeleton structure (actin) and embryo early development (vtg, initiation factor). ..
- Vutukuru S, Ganugapati J, Ganesh V, Atheeksha P, Potti R. Endocrine disruption by Bisphenol A, polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ether, in zebra fish (Danio rerio) model: an in silico approach. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:1541-1555 pubmed
- Liu Q, Klingler R, Wimpee B, Dellinger M, KING HEIDEN T, Grzybowski J, et al. Maternal methylmercury from a wild-caught walleye diet induces developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:272-282 pubmed publisher..Results from this study provide evidence that food intended for human consumption, with relatively modest levels of MeHg, may induce adverse effects in offspring. ..
- Lacave J, Fanjul Á, Bilbao E, Gutierrez N, Barrio I, Arostegui I, et al. Acute toxicity, bioaccumulation and effects of dietary transfer of silver from brine shrimp exposed to PVP/PEI-coated silver nanoparticles to zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;199:69-80 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate an effective dietary transfer of silver and point out to liver as the main target organ for Ag NP toxicity in zebrafish after dietary exposure. ..