Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vtg1
Description: vitellogenin 1
Alias: vg1, wu:fb63b05, wu:fb66b04, wu:fb67a10, zfvg1, zgc:109796, vitellogenin 1
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Kanungo J, Cuevas E, Guo X, Lopez A, Ramírez Lee M, Trickler W, et al. Nicotine alters the expression of molecular markers of endocrine disruption in zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2012;526:133-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide direct molecular evidence that nicotine is an endocrine disruptor in zebrafish. ..
- Xu H, Yang J, Wang Y, Jiang Q, Chen H, Song H. Exposure to 17alpha-ethynylestradiol impairs reproductive functions of both male and female zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2008;88:1-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that EE2 can adversely affect the fecundity, sex differentiation, gametes development, and other reproductive functions of both male and female zebrafish, and some of the toxic effects persist. ..
- Meng X, Bartholomew C, Craft J. Differential expression of vitellogenin and oestrogen receptor genes in the liver of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;396:625-30 pubmed publisher..1% of female fish), while ERbeta1 could not be detected. The very low level of expression of ERalpha in males raises questions about the accepted mechanism of oestrogenic induction of VTG in male fish. ..
- Deng J, Liu C, Yu L, Zhou B. Chronic exposure to environmental levels of tribromophenol impairs zebrafish reproduction. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;243:87-95 pubmed publisher..The F(1)-generation larvae exhibited increased malformation, reduced survival, and retarded growth, suggesting that TBP in the aquatic environment has significant adverse effects on fish population. ..
- Ruiter S, Sippel J, Bouwmeester M, Lommelaars T, Beekhof P, Hodemaekers H, et al. Programmed Effects in Neurobehavior and Antioxidative Physiology in Zebrafish Embryonically Exposed to Cadmium: Observations and Hypothesized Adverse Outcome Pathway Framework. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..In this way, DNA methylation may be affected at a critical developmental stage, causing the observed apical phenotypes. ..
- Islinger M, Willimski D, Volkl A, Braunbeck T. Effects of 17a-ethinylestradiol on the expression of three estrogen-responsive genes and cellular ultrastructure of liver and testes in male zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2003;62:85-103 pubmed..Continuous cDNAs of two zebrafish vitellogenin-like gene products (zfvg1 and zfvg3) were constructed by the help of expressed sequence tags of zebrafish and completely sequenced...
- Chen T, Cheng Y, Cheng J, Chou C, Hsiao Y, Ko F. Growth and transcriptional effect of dietary 2,2',4,4'-tetrabromodiphenyl ether (PBDE-47) exposure in developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2010;73:377-83 pubmed publisher..The tissue levels of PBDE-47 were comparable to that found in other wild fish reported in the literature, indicating that our exposure level was ecologically relevant. ..
- RodrÃguez Fuentes G, Sandoval GÃo J, Arroyo Silva A, NoreÃ±a Barroso E, Escalante Herrera K, Olvera Espinosa F. Evaluation of the estrogenic and oxidative stress effects of the UV filter 3-benzophenone in zebrafish (Danio rerio) eleuthero-embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015;115:14-8 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the effect of 3BP on vitellogenin 1 (VTG1) gene expression and the transcription of the enzymes catalase (CAT), superoxide dismutase (SOD) or ..
- Petushkova N, Kuznetsova G, Larina O, Kisrieva Y, Samenkova N, Trifonova O, et al. One-dimensional proteomic profiling of Danio rerio embryo vitellogenin to estimate quantum dot toxicity. Proteome Sci. 2015;13:17 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the possible utility of Vtg profiling in D. rerio embryos as a sensitive diagnostic tool to estimate nanoparticle toxicity. ..
- Biava P, Canaider S, Facchin F, Bianconi E, Ljungberg L, Rotilio D, et al. Stem Cell Differentiation Stage Factors from Zebrafish Embryo: A Novel Strategy to Modulate the Fate of Normal and Pathological Human (Stem) Cells. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:782-92 pubmed..In addition we report the data not yet published about a first protein analysis of the SCDSFs and about their role in a pathological condition like neurodegeneration. ..
- Zhang W, Sheng N, Wang M, Zhang H, Dai J. Zebrafish reproductive toxicity induced by chronic perfluorononanoate exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:269-76 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that chronic exposure to PFNA can lead to dysfunction in the HPGL axis and sex hormone synthesis and cause adverse effects on fish reproduction. ..
- Eb Levadoux Y, Frelon S, Simon O, Arnaudguilhem C, Lobinski R, Mounicou S. In vivo identification of potential uranium protein targets in zebrafish ovaries after chronic waterborne exposure. Metallomics. 2017;9:525-534 pubmed publisher..Potential U targets were mainly involved in three biological processes: oxidative stress regulation (SOD, GST), cytoskeleton structure (actin) and embryo early development (vtg, initiation factor). ..
- Nikaido M, Tada M, Saji T, Ueno N. Conservation of BMP signaling in zebrafish mesoderm patterning. Mech Dev. 1997;61:75-88 pubmed..Taken together, one may conclude that the developmental mechanisms for mesodermal patterning regulated by BMPs are evolutionarily conserved between amphibians and teleosts. ..
- Sun C, Hu L, Liu S, Hu G, Zhang S. Antiviral activity of phosvitin from zebrafish Danio rerio. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;40:28-34 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Pv possesses an antiviral activity and participates in immune defense of host against the infection by viruses like LCDV. ..
- Muncke J, Junghans M, Eggen R. Testing estrogenicity of known and novel (xeno-)estrogens in the MolDarT using developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2007;22:185-93 pubmed..The objective of this study was to evaluate the inducibility of vitellogenin1 mRNA (Vtg1) by the estrogenically active compounds 17beta-Estradiol (E2), 17alpha-Ethinylestradiol (EE2), Nonylphenol (NP), ..
- Park J, Henry T, Menn F, Compton R, Sayler G. No bioavailability of 17?-ethinylestradiol when associated with nC60 aggregates during dietary exposure in adult male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;81:1227-32 pubmed publisher..Results have implications on the effect of nC(60) on the bioavailability of co-contaminants in organisms during dietary exposure. ..
- Puy Azurmendi E, Olivares A, Vallejo A, Ortiz Zarragoitia M, Pina B, Zuloaga O, et al. Estrogenic effects of nonylphenol and octylphenol isomers in vitro by recombinant yeast assay (RYA) and in vivo with early life stages of zebrafish. Sci Total Environ. 2014;466-467:1-10 pubmed publisher..Exposure to 363-NP did not cause changes in transcriptional levels of studied genes. The differences in response of the OP isomer compared to the NP isomer in zebrafish could be related to the rapid decay in concentration of the latter. ..
- Schiller V, Wichmann A, Kriehuber R, Schäfers C, Fischer R, Fenske M. Transcriptome alterations in zebrafish embryos after exposure to environmental estrogens and anti-androgens can reveal endocrine disruption. Reprod Toxicol. 2013;42:210-23 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that different mechanism of ED can be assessed already in fish embryos. ..
- Lu X, Yu R, Murphy M, Lau K, Wu R. Hypoxia disrupts gene modulation along the brain-pituitary-gonad (BPG)-liver axis. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;102:70-8 pubmed publisher..Given that the regulation of reproductive hormones and the BPG-liver axis are highly conserved, this study provides new insights into the hypoxia-induced endocrine disrupting mechanisms and reproductive impairment in other vertebrates...
- Wang J, Cao X, Sun J, Huang Y, Tang X. Disruption of endocrine function in H295R cell in vitro and in zebrafish in vivo by naphthenic acids. J Hazard Mater. 2015;299:1-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that NAs should be partly responsible for the endocrine disrupting effects of OSPW. ..
- Allner B, Hennies M, Lerche C, Schmidt T, Schneider K, Willner M, et al. Kinetic determination of vitellogenin induction in the epidermis of cyprinid and perciform fishes: Evaluation of sensitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2016;35:2916-2930 pubmed publisher..Environ Toxicol Chem 2016;35:2916-2930. Â© 2016 The Authors. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of SETAC. ..
- Truong L, Bugel S, Chlebowski A, Usenko C, Simonich M, Simonich S, et al. Optimizing multi-dimensional high throughput screening using zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:139-147 pubmed publisher..Adaptation of these better practices for zebrafish HTS should increase reproducibility across laboratories. ..
- Yin P, Li Y, Chen Q, Liu Z. Diethylstilbestrol, flutamide and their combination impaired the spermatogenesis of male adult zebrafish through disrupting HPG axis, meiosis and apoptosis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:129-137 pubmed publisher..The different regulation of vtg1 expression in the liver in response to DES and FLU further confirmed the different modes of action of these drugs...
- Tada N, Nakao A, Hoshi H, Saka M, Kamata Y. Vitellogenin, a biomarker for environmental estrogenic pollution, of Reeves' pond turtles: analysis of similarity for its amino acid sequence and cognate mRNA expression after exposure to estrogen. J Vet Med Sci. 2008;70:227-34 pubmed..The information herein would be useful for ecotoxicological studies using freshwater turtles and these findings are expected to contribute positively towards wildlife conservation. ..
- Zucchi S, Blüthgen N, Ieronimo A, Fent K. The UV-absorber benzophenone-4 alters transcripts of genes involved in hormonal pathways in zebrafish (Danio rerio) eleuthero-embryos and adult males. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;250:137-46 pubmed publisher..In eleuthero-embryos transcripts of vtg1, vtg3, esr1, esr2b, hsd17ß3, cyp19b cyp19a, hhex and pax8 were induced at 3000 ?g/L BP-4, which points to a low ..
- Zheng S, Wang X, Fu J, Hu X, Xiao X, Huang L, et al. Desalting of phosphopeptides by tandem polypyrrole-c18 reverse phase micropipette tip (TMTip(PPY-C18)) based on hybrid electrostatic, ?-? stacking and hydrophobic interactions for mass spectrometric analysis. Anal Chim Acta. 2012;724:73-9 pubmed publisher..Thus it provides a useful means to handle peptides that may not be detectable in acidic condition. It can be envisioned that the TMTip(PPY-C18) should be able to facilitate the exploration of large scale phosphoproteome. ..
- Liu S, Jin Q, Huang X, Zhu G. Disruption of zebrafish (Danio rerio) sexual development after full life-cycle exposure to environmental levels of triadimefon. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;37:468-75 pubmed publisher..5 ?g/mL triadimefon. These findings indicated that triadimefon had the potential to adversely affect the sexual development and breeding success through the multiple endocrine actions. ..
- Li Z, Long Y, Zhong L, Song G, Zhang X, Yuan L, et al. RNA sequencing provides insights into the toxicogenomic response of ZF4 cells to methyl methanesulfonate. J Appl Toxicol. 2016;36:94-104 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the genome-wide response of ZF4 cells following exposure to MMS, and this knowledge will inform future toxicogenomic data analysis and environmental health risk assessment. ..
- Zucchi S, Mirbahai L, Castiglioni S, Fent K. Transcriptional and physiological responses induced by binary mixtures of drospirenone and progesterone in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:3523-31 pubmed publisher..Effects of DRS and P4 were additive for most of the investigated parameters and occurred at environmentally relevant concentrations. They may translate to adverse reproductive effects in fish. ..
- Powell M, Pegues M, Szalai A, Ghanta V, D Abramo L, Watts S. Effects of the Dietary Ï‰3:Ï‰6 Fatty Acid Ratio on Body Fat and Inflammation in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Med. 2015;65:289-94 pubmed
- Bouwmeester M, Ruiter S, Lommelaars T, Sippel J, Hodemaekers H, van den Brandhof E, et al. Zebrafish embryos as a screen for DNA methylation modifications after compound exposure. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;291:84-96 pubmed publisher..Site-specific methylation was examined in the promoter regions of three selected genes vasa, vtg1 and cyp19a2, of which vasa (ddx4) was the most responsive...
- Liang X, Hu Y, Feng S, Zhang S, Zhang Y, Sun C. Heavy chain (LvH) and light chain (LvL) of lipovitellin (Lv) of zebrafish can both bind to bacteria and enhance phagocytosis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;63:47-55 pubmed publisher..Here we clearly demonstrated that recombinant LvH (rLvH) and LvL (rLvL) from zebrafish vg1 gene bound to both the Gram-negative bacteria Escherichia coli and Vibrio anguillarum and the Gram-positive ..
- Guo D, Wang Y, Qian Y, Chen C, Jiao B, Cai L, et al. Joint acute and endocrine disruptive toxicities of malathion, cypermethrin and prochloraz to embryo-larval zebrafish, Danio rerio. Chemosphere. 2017;166:63-71 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that the transcription patterns of many key genes (vtg1, vtg2, era, er?1, er?2, cyp19a1a and cyp19a1b) were affected in hatched zebrafish after exposure to CPM, MAL and ..
- Yang Q, Yang X, Liu J, Ren W, Chen Y, Shen S. Effects of BPF on steroid hormone homeostasis and gene expression in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis of zebrafish. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:21311-21322 pubmed publisher..These alterations suggest that BPF leads to adverse effects on the endocrine system of teleost fish, and that these effects were more prominent in males than in females. ..
- Liu X, Ji K, Choi K. Endocrine disruption potentials of organophosphate flame retardants and related mechanisms in H295R and MVLN cell lines and in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;114-115:173-81 pubmed publisher..The results of this study showed that OPFRs could alter sex hormone balance through several mechanisms including alterations of steroidogenesis or estrogen metabolism. ..
- Riggio M, Scudiero R, Filosa S, Parisi E. Oestrogen-induced expression of a novel liver-specific aspartic proteinase in Danio rerio (zebrafish). Gene. 2002;295:241-6 pubmed..Our results provide evidence for an oestrogen-induced expression of LAP gene in liver. We postulate that the sexual dimorphic expression of the LAP gene may be related to the reproductive process. ..
- Griffin L, January K, Ho K, Cotter K, Callard G. Morpholino-mediated knockdown of ER?, ER?a, and ER?b mRNAs in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos reveals differential regulation of estrogen-inducible genes. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4158-69 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MO technology in zebrafish embryos is an advantageous approach for investigating the interplay of ER subtypes in a true physiological context...
- Jo A, Ji K, Choi K. Endocrine disruption effects of long-term exposure to perfluorodecanoic acid (PFDA) and perfluorotridecanoic acid (PFTrDA) in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and related mechanisms. Chemosphere. 2014;108:360-6 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, significant up-regulation of vtg1 was observed in males exposed to PFDA, whereas down-regulation was observed in females exposed to PFTrDA...
- Rossier N, Chew G, Zhang K, Riva F, Fent K. Activity of binary mixtures of drospirenone with progesterone and 17Î±-ethinylestradiol in vitro and in vivo. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;174:109-22 pubmed publisher..including those encoding hormone receptors (pgr, esr1), a steroidogenic enzyme (hsd17b3), and estrogenic markers (vtg1, cyp19b), in particular at 144 hpf. In general, DRS showed stronger transcriptional changes than P4...
- Li Z, Wang P, Jiang C, Cui P, Zhang S. Antibacterial activity and modes of action of phosvitin-derived peptide Pt5e against clinical multi-drug resistance bacteria. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;58:370-379 pubmed publisher..All these data suggest that Pt5e is a promising therapeutic potential as an antibiotics against clinical MDR bacteria. ..
- Jin Y, Chen R, Sun L, Wang W, Zhou L, Liu W, et al. Enantioselective induction of estrogen-responsive gene expression by permethrin enantiomers in embryo-larval zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2009;74:1238-44 pubmed publisher..in vivo study found that a 7 d exposure to 250 ng L(-1) PM racemate and its enantiomers was sufficient to stimulate vtg1, esralpha and cyp19b expression, while 1000 ng L(-1) exposure significantly induced gene expression in a pattern ..
- Wang J, Cao X, Huang Y, Tang X. Developmental toxicity and endocrine disruption of naphthenic acids on the early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Appl Toxicol. 2015;35:1493-501 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed that NAs derived from crude petroleum could negatively impact the development and endocrine function of zebrafish, and be primarily responsible for the toxicity of OSPW. ..
- Martyniuk C, Gerrie E, Popesku J, Ekker M, Trudeau V. Microarray analysis in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver and telencephalon after exposure to low concentration of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol. Aquat Toxicol. 2007;84:38-49 pubmed..In the liver, common biomarkers for estrogenic exposure such as vitellogenin 1 and 3 (vtg1; vtg3), estrogen receptor alpha (esr1), and apolipoprotein A1 (apoA1) mRNA were identified by ..
- Kristoffersen B, Nerland A, Nilsen F, Kolarevic J, Finn R. Genomic and proteomic analyses reveal non-neofunctionalized vitellogenins in a basal clupeocephalan, the Atlantic herring, and point to the origin of maturational yolk proteolysis in marine teleosts. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1029-44 pubmed publisher
- Lai Y, Hsieh F, Hsu T. Affinity isolation and mass spectral analysis of 1,10-phenanthroline (OP)-stimulated UV-damaged-DNA binding proteins expressed in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1117-1129 pubmed publisher..30- to 35-kDa polypeptides homologous to the N-terminal lipovitellin 1 (Lv1) domain of the 150-kDa zebrafish vitellogenin 1 (zfVg1) were identified as the damage recognition factors in zebrafish extracts, and the metal-chelating agent ..
- Tu W, Niu L, Liu W, Xu C. Embryonic exposure to butachlor in zebrafish (Danio rerio): endocrine disruption, developmental toxicity and immunotoxicity. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;89:189-95 pubmed publisher..gene transcription indicated that butachlor significantly induced the expression of the estrogen-responsive gene Vtg1 but had no effect on the expression of the ER? gene...
- Liang Y, Huang G, Ying G, Liu S, Jiang Y, Liu S, et al. A time-course transcriptional kinetics of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axes in zebrafish eleutheroembryos after exposure to norgestrel. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015;34:112-9 pubmed publisher..Norgestrel modulated the expression of Pgr and Vtg1 messenger (m)RNAs mainly at 96 hpf for all treatment groups...
- Zhang Q, Ma X, Wang X, Ngo H. Assessment of multiple hormone activities of a UV-filter (octocrylene) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2016;159:433-441 pubmed publisher..Significant up-regulation of esr1 and cyp19b were observed in the gonads, as well as vtg1 in the livers for both female and male zebrafish...
- De Wit M, Keil D, van der Ven K, Vandamme S, Witters E, De Coen W. An integrated transcriptomic and proteomic approach characterizing estrogenic and metabolic effects of 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;167:190-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrated that a proteomics approach can lift the biological interpretation of microarrays to a higher level, and moreover, opens a window for identification of possible new biomarkers. ..
- Collard H, Ji K, Lee S, Liu X, Kang S, Kho Y, et al. Toxicity and endocrine disruption in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and two freshwater invertebrates (Daphnia magna and Moina macrocopa) after chronic exposure to mefenamic acid. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;94:80-6 pubmed publisher..However, the effective concentrations are orders of magnitude greater than those occurring in the ambient aquatic environment. ..
- Cosme M, Lister A, Van der Kraak G. Inhibition of spawning in zebrafish (Danio rerio): Adverse outcome pathways of quinacrine and ethinylestradiol. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;219:89-101 pubmed publisher..Histological analysis and gene expression were effective tools in defining the AOPs of QUIN and EE2 while the measurement of reproductive hormones level did not provide much valuable information regarding the toxicant's mode of action. ..
- Quintaneiro C, Patricio D, Novais S, Soares A, Monteiro M. Endocrine and physiological effects of linuron and S-metolachlor in zebrafish developing embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:390-400 pubmed publisher..Linuron isolated treatment seems to have an estrogenic mode of action due to the observed induction of vtg1. Exposure to S-metolachlor seems to interfere with steroidogenesis and with HPT and HPA-axis, since it has ..
- Chow W, Chan W, Chan K. Toxicity assessment and vitellogenin expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos and larvae acutely exposed to bisphenol A, endosulfan, heptachlor, methoxychlor and tetrabromobisphenol A. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:670-8 pubmed publisher..polymerase chain reaction was used to investigate the gene expression levels of the biomarker vitellogenin (vtg1) after 96 h exposures to 10, 25, 50 and 75% of the 96 h EC50 value for embryos and 96 h LC50 value for larvae...
- Söffker M, Stevens J, Tyler C. Comparative breeding and behavioral responses to ethinylestradiol exposure in wild and laboratory maintained zebrafish (Danio rerio) populations. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:11377-83 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the need for due consideration of the source (and genetics) of populations used in ecological risk assessment for accurate comparisons among studies. ..
- Tong Z, Li L, Pawar R, Zhang S. Vitellogenin is an acute phase protein with bacterial-binding and inhibiting activities. Immunobiology. 2010;215:898-902 pubmed publisher..It also bolsters the notion that factors normally involved in control of female reproduction are linked with immunity in organisms that rely on Vg for oocyte development. ..
- Gündel U, Kalkhof S, Zitzkat D, von Bergen M, Altenburger R, Küster E. Concentration-response concept in ecotoxicoproteomics: effects of different phenanthrene concentrations to the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo proteome. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;76:11-22 pubmed publisher..Using this experimental design based on testing of several exposure concentrations and less replicates might provide a step forward in getting increased output from toxicoproteomics studies. ..
- Chen Y, Chan K. Regulation of vitellogenin (vtg1) and estrogen receptor (er) gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio) following the administration of CdÂ²âº and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD). Chemosphere. 2016;147:467-76 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of vtg1 was inhibited by Cd(2+), but unaffected by TCDD in ZFL cells...
- Jin Y, Chen R, Sun L, Qian H, Liu W, Fu Z. Induction of estrogen-responsive gene transcription in the embryo, larval, juvenile and adult life stages of zebrafish as biomarkers of short-term exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009;150:414-20 pubmed publisher..The lowest observed effect concentrations (LOECs) of 17beta-estradiol for inducing vtg1 transcription were 0.25, 0.5, 0.25 and <or=0...
- Han X, Lei E, Lam M, Wu R. A whole life cycle assessment on effects of waterborne PBDEs on gene expression profile along the brain-pituitary-gonad axis and in the liver of zebrafish. Mar Pollut Bull. 2011;63:160-5 pubmed publisher..The observed disruption of GnRH and GtHs can be further related to the subsequent disruption in both levels and balance sex steroid hormones. ..
- Gao S, Wang W, Tian H, Zhang X, Guo L, Ru S. An emerging water contaminant, semicarbazide, exerts an anti-estrogenic effect in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014;93:280-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, semicarbazide exposure significantly inhibited the induction of vtg-1, ER? and ER? mRNA by E2 when male zebrafish were co-exposed for 28 days. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- Notch E, Mayer G. Impact of environmental estrogens on nucleotide excision repair gene expression in embryonic zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;157:361-5 pubmed publisher..Increased abundance of vitellogenin-1 (VTG1) mRNA, a bioindicator of estrogen exposure, was evident as early as 24 hpf in embryos that were co-exposed to EE(2) ..
- Hussainzada N, Lewis J, Baer C, Ippolito D, Jackson D, Stallings J. Whole adult organism transcriptional profiling of acute metal exposures in male zebrafish. BMC Pharmacol Toxicol. 2014;15:15 pubmed publisher..This work uses an experimentally innovative approach to capture global responses to metal poisoning and provides mechanistic insights into metal toxicity. ..
- Hoffman E, Turner K, Fernández J, Cifuentes D, Ghosh M, Ijaz S, et al. Estrogens Suppress a Behavioral Phenotype in Zebrafish Mutants of the Autism Risk Gene, CNTNAP2. Neuron. 2016;89:725-33 pubmed publisher..These results identify estrogenic compounds as phenotypic suppressors and illuminate novel pharmacological pathways with relevance to autism. ..
- Liu Y, Su X, Liu S, Yang S, Jiang C, Zhang Y, et al. Zebrafish phosvitin-derived peptide Pt5 inhibits melanogenesis via cAMP pathway. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:517-525 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that Pt5 has the potential to be used as a melanogenesis inhibitor in medical and cosmetic industry, a novel role ever reported. ..
- Wang S, Wang Y, Ma J, Ding Y, Zhang S. Phosvitin plays a critical role in the immunity of zebrafish embryos via acting as a pattern recognition receptor and an antimicrobial effector. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22653-64 pubmed publisher..This work also opens a new way for the study of the immunological roles of yolk proteins in oviparous animals that rely on yolk proteins for embryonic development. ..
- Liu Q, Klingler R, Wimpee B, Dellinger M, KING HEIDEN T, Grzybowski J, et al. Maternal methylmercury from a wild-caught walleye diet induces developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:272-282 pubmed publisher..Results from this study provide evidence that food intended for human consumption, with relatively modest levels of MeHg, may induce adverse effects in offspring. ..
- Wang H, Gong Z. Characterization of two zebrafish cDNA clones encoding egg envelope proteins ZP2 and ZP3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:156-60 pubmed..Northern blot analysis indicated that both zebrafish ZP2 and ZP3 mRNAs were expressed exclusively in the ovary and hence the ovary is likely the only site for ZP2 and ZP3 biosynthesis. ..
- Van der Ven L, Holbech H, Fenske M, van den Brandhof E, Gielis Proper F, Wester P. Vitellogenin expression in zebrafish Danio rerio: evaluation by histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, and in situ mRNA hybridisation. Aquat Toxicol. 2003;65:1-11 pubmed..They are a useful tool for hazard identification of endocrine disruption, especially when combined with routine histopathology. ..
- Strömqvist M, Tooke N, Brunström B. DNA methylation levels in the 5' flanking region of the vitellogenin I gene in liver and brain of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio)--sex and tissue differences and effects of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;98:275-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that induced expression of vitellogenin in fish following exposure to estrogens might involve alterations in DNA methylation. ..
- Su Y, Li L, Hou J, Wu N, Lin W, Li G. Life-cycle exposure to microcystin-LR interferes with the reproductive endocrine system of male zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:205-12 pubmed publisher..It was also noted that vtg1 mRNA expression in the liver was up-regulated, which implied that MC-LR could induce estrogenic-like effects at ..
- Wang J, Zhang Z, Zhang X, Ru S, Dong Y. Development of an immunosensor for quantifying zebrafish vitellogenin based on the Octet system. Anal Biochem. 2017;533:60-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that immunosensors based on the Octet system are an easily operated detection method for ecotoxicological research. ..
- Parolini M, Bini L, Magni S, Rizzo A, Ghilardi A, Landi C, et al. Exposure to cocaine and its main metabolites altered the protein profile of zebrafish embryos. Environ Pollut. 2018;232:603-614 pubmed publisher..Our data confirmed the potential toxicity of low concentrations of COC, BE and EME, and helped to shed light on their MoA on an aquatic vertebrate during early developmental period. ..
- Zucchi S, Castiglioni S, Fent K. Progestins and antiprogestins affect gene expression in early development in zebrafish (Danio rerio) at environmental concentrations. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5183-92 pubmed publisher..embryos for 144 h post fertilization (hpf) to these compounds and analyzed expressional changes of ar, esr1, vtg1, hsd17ß3, and progesterone (pgr), mineralo- (mr), and glucocorticoid (gr) receptors, each at 48, 96, and 144 hpf...
- Liang Y, Huang G, Ying G, Liu S, Jiang Y, Liu S, et al. The effects of progesterone on transcriptional expression profiles of genes associated with hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axes during the early development of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;128:199-206 pubmed publisher..A significant up-regulation of Vtg1 mRNA was observed at 6 ng L(-1) P4 or higher at 24, 96 and 144 hpf...
- Singh A, Sivadas A, Sabharwal A, Vellarikal S, Jayarajan R, Verma A, et al. Chamber Specific Gene Expression Landscape of the Zebrafish Heart. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147823 pubmed publisher..It is also postulated that this transcriptome atlas will help utilize zebrafish in a better way as a model for studying cardiac development and to explore functional role of gene networks in cardiac disease pathogenesis. ..
- Heiden T, Struble C, Rise M, Hessner M, Hutz R, Carvan M. Molecular targets of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) within the zebrafish ovary: insights into TCDD-induced endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicity. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;25:47-57 pubmed..Data presented here provide further insight into the mechanisms by which TCDD disrupts follicular development and reproduction in fish, and can be used to formulate new hypotheses regarding previously documented ovarian toxicity. ..
- Parker W, Pileggi V, Seto P, Chen X, Ogunlaja M, Van Der Kraak G, et al. Impact of activated sludge configuration and operating conditions on in vitro and in vivo responses and trace organic compound removal. Sci Total Environ. 2014;490:360-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that enhancements to wastewater treatment plants that are associated with improved nitrogen removal can result in enhanced removal of TrOCs and can reduce the harmful effects of the effluents on aquatic biota. ..
- Siegenthaler P, Bain P, Riva F, Fent K. Effects of antiandrogenic progestins, chlormadinone and cyproterone acetate, and the estrogen 17?-ethinylestradiol (EE2), and their mixtures: Transactivation with human and rainbowfish hormone receptors and transcriptional effects in zebrafish (Danio. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:142-162 pubmed publisher..EE2 exposure resulted in significant transcriptional alterations of several genes, including esr1, pgr, vtg1, cyp19b, and gonadotropins (fshb, lhb)...
- Yang F, Huang W, Xie W, Lu C, Liu W. Targeted analytical toxicology: simultaneous determination of 17Î±-ethynylestradiol and the estrogen-induced vitellogenin biomarker. Environ Int. 2015;74:119-24 pubmed publisher..It is expected for TAT to have broad application in toxicology, especially in environmental toxicology, due to its high sensitivity, accuracy, reproducibility, high throughput, and the savings of time, cost and labor. ..
- Diamante G, Menjivar Cervantes N, Leung M, Volz D, Schlenk D. Contribution of G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 (GPER) to 17?-estradiol-induced developmental toxicity in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;186:180-187 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the impacts of E2 on embryonic development at this stage are complex and may involve multiple receptor and/or signaling pathways. ..
- Zucchi S, Oggier D, Fent K. Global gene expression profile induced by the UV-filter 2-ethyl-hexyl-4-trimethoxycinnamate (EHMC) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2011;159:3086-96 pubmed publisher..Genes involved in lipid metabolism and estrogenic pathway (vtg1), lipid biosynthesis (ptgds), vitamin A metabolic process (rbp2a), DNA damage and apoptosis (gadd45b), and ..
- Biales A, Bencic D, Lazorchak J, Lattier D. A quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction method for the analysis of vitellogenin transcripts in model and nonmodel fish species. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2007;26:2679-86 pubmed..Inclusion of vtg transcriptional analysis for wild, ecologically relevant fish in monitoring studies may aid in understanding the extent of estrogenic exposure in aquatic ecosystems across the United States. ..
- Boyle D, Brix K, Amlund H, Lundebye A, Hogstrand C, Bury N. Natural arsenic contaminated diets perturb reproduction in fish. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:5354-60 pubmed..These results demonstrate that reproduction in fish is a sensitive target of exposure to a natural diet contaminated with As and this exposure route could be of significance to the health of fish populations. ..