Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vsx1
Description: visual system homeobox 1 homolog, chx10-like
Alias: visual system homeobox 1, etID309864.17, paired-like homeobox protein, transcription factor VSX1, visual system homeobox 1 protein
- Kurtzman A, Gregori L, Haas A, Schechter N. Ubiquitination and degradation of the zebrafish paired-like homeobox protein VSX-1. J Neurochem. 2000;75:48-55 pubmed..In addition, our findings suggest that ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis regulates Vsx-1 during zebrafish retinal development. ..
- Tong Y, Zheng K, Zhao S, Xiao G, Luo C. Sequence divergence in the 3'-untranslated region has an effect on the subfunctionalization of duplicate genes. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2012;318:531-44 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified two diverging duplicate vsx1 (visual system homeobox-1) loci in goldfish, named vsx1A1 and vsx1A2...
- Batista M, Jacobstein J, Lewis K. Zebrafish V2 cells develop into excitatory CiD and Notch signalling dependent inhibitory VeLD interneurons. Dev Biol. 2008;322:263-75 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that Notch signalling is required for V2 cells to develop into V2b cells. In the absence of Notch signalling, all V2b cells develop as V2a cells. ..
- Cerda G, Hargrave M, Lewis K. RNA profiling of FAC-sorted neurons from the developing zebrafish spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:150-61 pubmed publisher..This protocol for dissociating, sorting and RNA-profiling neurons from organogenesis-stage zebrafish embryos should also be applicable to other developing organs and tissues and potentially other model organisms. ..
- May M, Hwang K, MILES J, Williams C, Niranjan T, Kahler S, et al. ZC4H2, an XLID gene, is required for the generation of a specific subset of CNS interneurons. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:4848-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings clearly support ZC4H2 as a novel XLID gene with a required function in interneuron development. Loss of function of ZC4H2 thus likely results in altered connectivity of many brain and spinal circuits. ..
- Li W, Zhou L, Li Z, Wang Y, Shi J, Yang Y, et al. Zebrafish Lbh-like Is Required for Otx2-mediated Photoreceptor Differentiation. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:688-700 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of lbh-like increases the activity of Notch pathway and perturbs the balance among proliferation, differentiation and survival of photoreceptor precursors. ..
- Yokoi H, Yan Y, Miller M, Bremiller R, Catchen J, Johnson E, et al. Expression profiling of zebrafish sox9 mutants reveals that Sox9 is required for retinal differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:1-15 pubmed publisher..identified genes expressed in cartilage (col2a1a and col11a2), retina (calb2a, calb2b, crx, neurod, rs1, sox4a and vsx1) and pectoral fin bud (klf2b and EST AI722369) as candidate targets for Sox9...
- Xu X, He Y, Sun L, Ma S, Luo C. Maternal Vsx1 plays an essential role in regulating prechordal mesendoderm and forebrain formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;394:264-76 pubmed publisher..Here we show that in zebrafish a maternal transcription repressor Vsx1 is essential for this early developmental regulation...
- He Y, Xu X, Zhao S, Ma S, Sun L, Liu Z, et al. Maternal control of axial-paraxial mesoderm patterning via direct transcriptional repression in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;386:96-110 pubmed publisher..Loss- and gain-of-function experiments showed that a maternal transcription factor Vsx1 is essential for restricting flh expression within the dorsal margin and preserving spt expression and ..
- Sun L, Li H, Xu X, Xiao G, Luo C. MicroRNA-20a is essential for normal embryogenesis by targeting vsx1 mRNA in fish. RNA Biol. 2015;12:615-27 pubmed publisher..Here we show that miR-20a can target the mRNA of vsx1, a multiple functional gene, at the 3'-UTR and inhibit protein expression in both goldfish and zebrafish...
- Kurtzman A, Schechter N. Ubc9 interacts with a nuclear localization signal and mediates nuclear localization of the paired-like homeobox protein Vsx-1 independent of SUMO-1 modification. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5602-7 pubmed..These results suggest that Ubc9 mediates the nuclear localization of Vsx-1, and possibly other proteins, through a nonenzymatic mechanism that is independent of SUMO-1 conjugation. ..
- Wan L, Almers W, Chen W. Two ribeye genes in teleosts: the role of Ribeye in ribbon formation and bipolar cell development. J Neurosci. 2005;25:941-9 pubmed publisher..Their bipolar cells still target Syntaxin-3 proteins to the inner plexiform layer and have abundant vsx1 mRNA. However, they lack large synaptic terminals and show increased apoptosis...
- Zhang Y, Yang Y, Trujillo C, Zhong W, Leung Y. The expression of irx7 in the inner nuclear layer of zebrafish retina is essential for a proper retinal development and lamination. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36145 pubmed publisher..Since the expression of known TFs that can specify specific retinal cell type was also altered in Irx7-deficient retinas, thus the irx7 gene network is possibly a novel regulatory circuit for retinal development and lamination. ..
- D Autilia S, Decembrini S, Casarosa S, He R, Barsacchi G, Cremisi F, et al. Cloning and developmental expression of the Xenopus homeobox gene Xvsx1. Dev Genes Evol. 2006;216:829-34 pubmed publisherIn contrast to the high degree of evolutionary conservation of the Vsx2/Chx10 gene family, vertebrate orthologues of Vsx1 display more divergent sequences and spatio-temporal expression patterns...