Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vhl
Description: von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor
Alias: zgc:158722, von Hippel-Lindau disease tumor suppressor
- Kim H, Greenald D, Vettori A, Markham E, Santhakumar K, Argenton F, et al. Zebrafish as a model for von Hippel Lindau and hypoxia-inducible factor signaling. Methods Cell Biol. 2017;138:497-523 pubmed publisher..One component, von Hippel Lindau (VHL), is a well-known tumor suppressor, which acts at least in part via regulating HIF signaling...
- Santhakumar K, Judson E, Elks P, McKee S, Elworthy S, van Rooijen E, et al. A zebrafish model to study and therapeutically manipulate hypoxia signaling in tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4017-27 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish vhl mutants display a systemic hypoxia response, reflected by strong and ubiquitous transgene expression...
- Du J, Zhang D, Zhang W, Ouyang G, Wang J, Liu X, et al. pVHL Negatively Regulates Antiviral Signaling by Targeting MAVS for Proteasomal Degradation. J Immunol. 2015;195:1782-90 pubmed publisherThe von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) gene is a well-defined tumor suppressor linked to human heredity cancer syndromes...
- Lim S, Esain V, Kwan W, Theodore L, Cortes M, Frost I, et al. HIF1?-induced PDGFR? signaling promotes developmental HSC production via IL-6 activation. Exp Hematol. 2017;46:83-95.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a Hif1?-regulated signaling axis mediated through PBFGB/PDGFR? and IL-6/IL-6R that acts to control embryonic HSPC production. ..
- Noonan H, Metelo A, Kamei C, Peterson R, Drummond I, Iliopoulos O. Loss of vhl in the zebrafish pronephros recapitulates early stages of human clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:873-84 pubmed publisherPatients with von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) disease harbor a germline mutation in the VHL gene leading to the development of several tumor types including clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC)...