Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vegfab
Description: vascular endothelial growth factor Ab
Alias: si:dkey-14d8.3, wu:fd42e02, vascular endothelial growth factor A, fd42e02
- Chen E, Dobrinski K, Brown K, Clagg R, Edelman E, Ignatius M, et al. Cross-species array comparative genomic hybridization identifies novel oncogenic events in zebrafish and human embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003727 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the utility of array CGH and cross-species comparisons to identify candidate oncogenes essential for the pathogenesis of human cancer...
- Kuroyanagi J, Shimada Y, Zhang B, Ariyoshi M, Umemoto N, Nishimura Y, et al. Zinc finger MYND-type containing 8 promotes tumour angiogenesis via induction of vascular endothelial growth factor-A expression. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3409-16 pubmed publisher..Integrated analysis of human and zebrafish transcriptomes, which identified ZMYND8, might be a powerful strategy to determine also other molecular targets for inhibiting prostate cancer progression. ..
- Weijts B, Bakker W, Cornelissen P, Liang K, Schaftenaar F, Westendorp B, et al. E2F7 and E2F8 promote angiogenesis through transcriptional activation of VEGFA in cooperation with HIF1. EMBO J. 2012;31:3871-84 pubmed publisher..provide evidence for a molecular mechanism through which E2F7/8 activate the transcription of the vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), a key factor in guiding angiogenesis...
- Santhakumar K, Judson E, Elks P, McKee S, Elworthy S, van Rooijen E, et al. A zebrafish model to study and therapeutically manipulate hypoxia signaling in tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4017-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings establish Vhl as a genuine tumor suppressor in zebrafish and offer this model as a tool to noninvasively study VHL and HIF signaling during tumorigenesis and development. ..
- Stahlhut C, Suarez Y, Lu J, Mishima Y, Giraldez A. miR-1 and miR-206 regulate angiogenesis by modulating VegfA expression in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:4356-64 pubmed publisher..Using target protectors, our results indicate that miR-1/206 directly regulate the levels of Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VegfA) in muscle, controlling the strength of angiogenic signaling to the endothelium...
- Zhu D, Fang Y, Gao K, Shen J, Zhong T, Li F. Vegfa Impacts Early Myocardium Development in Zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisherb>Vascular endothelial growth factor A (Vegfa) signaling regulates cardiovascular development. However, the cellular mechanisms of Vegfa signaling in early cardiogenesis remain poorly understood...
- Ernens I, Lumley A, Zhang L, Devaux Y, Wagner D. Hypoxia inhibits lymphatic thoracic duct formation in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1129-1134 pubmed publisher..While vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA) is critical for angiogenesis, VEGFC and its receptor VEGF receptor-3 (VEGFR-3) are ..
- Weiss O, Kaufman R, Mishani E, Inbal A. Ocular vessel patterning in zebrafish is indirectly regulated by Hedgehog signaling. Int J Dev Biol. 2017;61:277-284 pubmed publisher..By studying development of specific vascular systems it should be possible to identify new roles for signaling pathways in regulating vascular development. ..
- Priyadarshini M, Tuimala J, Chen Y, Panula P. A zebrafish model of PINK1 deficiency reveals key pathway dysfunction including HIF signaling. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;54:127-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a lack of pink1 in zebrafish alters many vital and critical pathways in addition to the HIF signaling pathway. ..
- Lalwani M, Sharma M, Singh A, Chauhan R, Patowary A, Singh N, et al. Reverse genetics screen in zebrafish identifies a role of miR-142a-3p in vascular development and integrity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52588 pubmed publisher..The miR142a-3p mediated control of cdh5 constitutes an additional layer of regulation for maintaining vascular integrity and developmental angiogenesis. These findings have implications in development, wound repair and tumor growth. ..
- Watson O, Novodvorsky P, Gray C, Rothman A, Lawrie A, Crossman D, et al. Blood flow suppresses vascular Notch signalling via dll4 and is required for angiogenesis in response to hypoxic signalling. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:252-61 pubmed publisher..These data indicate important differences in hypoxia-driven vs. developmental angiogenesis. ..
- Rossi A, Kontarakis Z, Gerri C, Nolte H, HÃ¶lper S, KrÃ¼ger M, et al. Genetic compensation induced by deleterious mutations but not gene knockdowns. Nature. 2015;524:230-3 pubmed publisher..Similarly, vegfaa mutants but not morphants show an upregulation of vegfab. Taken together, these data reveal the activation of a compensatory network to buffer against deleterious ..
- Jensen L, Cao Z, Nakamura M, Yang Y, Bräutigam L, Andersson P, et al. Opposing effects of circadian clock genes bmal1 and period2 in regulation of VEGF-dependent angiogenesis in developing zebrafish. Cell Rep. 2012;2:231-41 pubmed publisher..These results shed mechanistic insight on the role of the circadian clock in regulation of developmental angiogenesis, and our findings may be reasonably extended to other types of physiological or pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Rossi A, Gauvrit S, Marass M, Pan L, Moens C, Stainier D. Regulation of Vegf signaling by natural and synthetic ligands. Blood. 2016;128:2359-2366 pubmed publisherThe mechanisms that allow cells to bypass anti-vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA) therapy remain poorly understood...
- Schultz L, Solin S, Wierson W, Lovan J, Syrkin Nikolau J, Lincow D, et al. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor A and Leptin Expression Associated with Ectopic Proliferation and Retinal Dysplasia in Zebrafish Optic Pathway Tumors. Zebrafish. 2017;14:343-356 pubmed publisher..Hif-? targets VEGFA (vegfab) and Leptin (lepb) were both highly upregulated in dysplastic retina; however, each showed distinct expression ..
- Rissone A, Foglia E, Sangiorgio L, Cermenati S, Nicoli S, Cimbro S, et al. The synaptic proteins ?-neurexin and neuroligin synergize with extracellular matrix-binding vascular endothelial growth factor a during zebrafish vascular development. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1563-72 pubmed publisher..1 together or in combination with morpholinos targeting the -heparin--binding isoforms of vascular endothelial growth factor A (encoded by the VEGFAb gene) recapitulates the observed abnormalities, suggesting synergistic ..
- Metelo A, Noonan H, Li X, Jin Y, Baker R, Kamentsky L, et al. Pharmacological HIF2Î± inhibition improves VHL disease-associated phenotypes in zebrafish model. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1987-97 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that small-molecule targeting of HIF2Î± improves VHL-related phenotypes in a vertebrate animal model and supports further exploration of this strategy for treating VHL disease. ..
- Ulrich F, Carretero Ortega J, MenÃ©ndez J, Narvaez C, Sun B, Lancaster E, et al. Reck enables cerebrovascular development by promoting canonical Wnt signaling. Development. 2016;143:147-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings have broad implications for both vascular and cancer biology. ..
- Bower N, Vogrin A, Le Guen L, Chen H, Stacker S, Achen M, et al. Vegfd modulates both angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis during zebrafish embryonic development. Development. 2017;144:507-518 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that, rather than being dispensable during development, Vegfd plays context-specific indispensable and also compensatory roles during both blood vessel angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. ..