Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vcana
Description: versican a
Alias: br146, cspg2, cspg2a, sb:cb63, versican, chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 2, chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 2a
- Ahuja S, Dogra D, Stainier D, Reischauer S. Id4 functions downstream of Bmp signaling to restrict TCF function in endocardial cells during atrioventricular valve development. Dev Biol. 2016;412:71-82 pubmed publisher..We further show that id4 appears to control the number of endocardial cells that contribute to the AV valves by regulating Wnt signaling in the developing AVC endocardium. ..
- Lee H, Lo H, Lo D, Su M, Hu J, Wu C, et al. Amiodarone Induces Overexpression of Similar to Versican b to Repress the EGFR/Gsk3b/Snail Signaling Axis during Cardiac Valve Formation of Zebrafish Embryos. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144751 pubmed publisher..Here, we proved that Amiodarone acts as an upstream regulator, stimulating similar to versican b (s-vcanb) overexpression at zebrafish embryonic heart and promoting cdh-5 overexpression by inhibiting snail1b ..
- Müller Deile J, Gellrich F, Schenk H, Schroder P, Nyström J, Lorenzen J, et al. Overexpression of TGF-? Inducible microRNA-143 in Zebrafish Leads to Impairment of the Glomerular Filtration Barrier by Targeting Proteoglycans. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;40:819-830 pubmed..also microinjected zebrafish eggs with a miR-143 mimic or with morpholinos specific for its targets syndecan and versican and compared phenotype and proteinuria development...
- Capon S, Baillie G, Bower N, da Silva J, Paterson S, Hogan B, et al. Utilising polymorphisms to achieve allele-specific genome editing in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2017;6:125-131 pubmed publisher..These experiments demonstrate that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) present throughout the genome can be utilised to increase the efficiency of in cis genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in the zebrafish model. ..
- Kolpa H, Peal D, Lynch S, Giokas A, Ghatak S, Misra S, et al. miR-21 represses Pdcd4 during cardiac valvulogenesis. Development. 2013;140:2172-80 pubmed publisher..PDCD4 knockdown alone was sufficient to enhance endothelial cell migration. These results demonstrate that miR-21 plays a necessary role in cardiac valvulogenesis, in large part due to an obligatory downregulation of PDCD4. ..
- Totong R, Schell T, Lescroart F, Ryckebusch L, Lin Y, Zygmunt T, et al. The novel transmembrane protein Tmem2 is essential for coordination of myocardial and endocardial morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4199-205 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal that Tmem2 is an essential mediator of myocardium-endocardium coordination during cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Camarata T, Snyder D, Schwend T, Klosowiak J, Holtrup B, Simon H. Pdlim7 is required for maintenance of the mesenchymal/epidermal Fgf signaling feedback loop during zebrafish pectoral fin development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:104 pubmed publisher..These new regulatory mechanisms may have important implications how we interpret Tbx5 function in congenital hand/heart syndromes in humans. ..
- Cheng L, Guo X, Yang X, Chong M, Cheng J, Li G, et al. Delta-sarcoglycan is necessary for early heart and muscle development in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:1290-9 pubmed..These data together suggest that delta-sarcoglycan plays an important role in early heart and muscle development. ..
- Kang J, Oohashi T, Kawakami Y, Bekku Y, Izpisua Belmonte J, Ninomiya Y. Characterization of dermacan, a novel zebrafish lectican gene, expressed in dermal bones. Mech Dev. 2004;121:301-12 pubmed..comparison covering the C-terminal globular domain demonstrated that dermacan shows high homology with zebrafish versican but is distinct from any other identified lecticans...
- Kim J, Kim H, Koun S, Ham H, Kim M, Rhee M, et al. Zebrafish Crip2 plays a critical role in atrioventricular valve development by downregulating the expression of ECM genes in the endocardial cushion. Mol Cells. 2014;37:406-11 pubmed publisher..While the appropriately regulated expression of the major ECM components, Versican and Hyaluronan, that form the endocardial cushion is important for heart valve development, the underlying ..
- Monte E, Mouillesseaux K, Chen H, Kimball T, Ren S, Wang Y, et al. Systems proteomics of cardiac chromatin identifies nucleolin as a regulator of growth and cellular plasticity in cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;305:H1624-38 pubmed publisher..Validation studies in the complementary model system of zebrafish examine the role of Nucleolin to orchestrate genomic reprogramming events shared between development and disease. ..
- Wu T, Yang J, Yu F, Liu B. Cardiotoxicity of mycotoxin citrinin and involvement of microRNA-138 in zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2013;136:402-12 pubmed publisher..5. Furthermore, the heart areas of CTN-exposed embryos demonstrated an elevated levels of aldh1a2 and cspg2 messenger RNA; these 2 cardiac-related genes are known to be involved in retinoic acid (RA) pathway as well as ..
- Kang J, Hu J, Karra R, Dickson A, Tornini V, Nachtrab G, et al. Modulation of tissue repair by regeneration enhancer elements. Nature. 2016;532:201-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for 'tissue regeneration enhancer elements' (TREEs) that trigger gene expression in injury sites and can be engineered to modulate the regenerative potential of vertebrate organs. ..
- Nguyen C, Langenbacher A, Hsieh M, Chen J. The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;341:167-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations. ..
- Lee H, Tsai J, Liao P, Tsai W, Lin K, Chuang C, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha and 3 beta have distinct functions during cardiogenesis of zebrafish embryo. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:93 pubmed
- Parrie L, Renfrew E, Wal A, Mueller R, Garrity D. Zebrafish tbx5 paralogs demonstrate independent essential requirements in cardiac and pectoral fin development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:485-502 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that, despite similar spatio-temporal expression patterns, tbx5a and tbx5b have independent functions in heart and fin development. ..
- Burkhalter M, Fralish G, Premont R, Caron M, Philipp M. Grk5l controls heart development by limiting mTOR signaling during symmetry breaking. Cell Rep. 2013;4:625-32 pubmed publisher..These findings could implicate GRK5 as a susceptibility allele for certain cases of CHD. ..
- Choudhry P, Trede N. DiGeorge syndrome gene tbx1 functions through wnt11r to regulate heart looping and differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58145 pubmed publisher..This is the first study linking tbx1 and non-canonical Wnt signaling and extends our understanding of DGS and heart development. ..
- Chen Y, Lee H, Hsu R, Chen T, Huang Y, Lo H, et al. The toxic effect of Amiodarone on valve formation in the developing heart of zebrafish embryos. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:233-44 pubmed publisher..Ectopic overexpression of versican was observed at the atrioventricular canal of the Amiodarone-treated embryos at 15 ?M (EC(50))...
- Patra C, Diehl F, Ferrazzi F, van Amerongen M, Novoyatleva T, Schaefer L, et al. Nephronectin regulates atrioventricular canal differentiation via Bmp4-Has2 signaling in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4499-509 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of myocardial genes involved in cardiac valve formation (cspg2, fibulin 1, tbx2b, bmp4) is expanded and endocardial cells along the extended tube-like structure exhibit ..
- Glenn N, McKane M, Kohli V, Wen K, Rubenstein P, Bartman T, et al. The W-loop of alpha-cardiac actin is critical for heart function and endocardial cushion morphogenesis in zebrafish. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3527-40 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores the importance of the W-loop for actin functionality and will help us to understand the structural and physiological consequences of ACTC mutations in human congenital disorders. ..
- Lee E, Koo Y, Ng A, Wei Y, Luby Phelps K, Juraszek A, et al. Autophagy is essential for cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development. Autophagy. 2014;10:572-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy plays an essential, conserved role in cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development. ..
- Lee H, Su M, Lo H, Wu C, Hu J, Lo D, et al. Cancer metastasis and EGFR signaling is suppressed by amiodarone-induced versican V2. Oncotarget. 2015;6:42976-87 pubmed publisherExtracellular matrix components play an active role in cancer progression and prognosis. Versican, a large extracellular matrix proteoglycan, can promote cancer metastasis through facilitating cell proliferation, adhesion, migration and ..
- Langenbacher A, Dong Y, Shu X, Choi J, Nicoll D, Goldhaber J, et al. Mutation in sodium-calcium exchanger 1 (NCX1) causes cardiac fibrillation in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17699-704 pubmed..These data signify the essential role of calcium homeostasis and NCX1h in establishing rhythmic contraction in the embryonic zebrafish heart. ..
- Morton S, Scherz P, Cordes K, Ivey K, Stainier D, Srivastava D. microRNA-138 modulates cardiac patterning during embryonic development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:17830-5 pubmed publisher..This activity was complemented by miR-138-mediated ventricular repression of the gene encoding versican (cspg2), which was positively regulated by retinoic-acid signaling...
- Xu D, Bu J, Gu S, Xia Y, Du J, Wang Y. Celecoxib impairs heart development via inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2 activity in zebrafish embryos. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:391-400 pubmed publisher..treatment disturbed the restricted expression of the heart valve markers bone morphogenetic protein 4 and versican-but not the cardiac chamber markers cardiac myosin light chain 2, ventricular myosin heavy chain, and atrial ..
- Shu X, Cheng K, Patel N, Chen F, Joseph E, Tsai H, et al. Na,K-ATPase is essential for embryonic heart development in the zebrafish. Development. 2003;130:6165-73 pubmed..Furthermore, instead of interfering with primitive heart tube formation or cardiac chamber differentiation, blocking the translation of Na,K-ATPase alpha2 isoform leads to cardiac laterality defects. ..
- Banjo T, Grajcarek J, Yoshino D, Osada H, Miyasaka K, Kida Y, et al. Haemodynamically dependent valvulogenesis of zebrafish heart is mediated by flow-dependent expression of miR-21. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1978 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-21 is a central component of a flow-controlled mechanotransduction system in a physicogenetic regulatory loop. ..
- Rottbauer W, Wessels G, Dahme T, Just S, Trano N, Hassel D, et al. Cardiac myosin light chain-2: a novel essential component of thick-myofilament assembly and contractility of the heart. Circ Res. 2006;99:323-31 pubmed..Thus, our findings provide the first in vivo evidence that cardiac MLC-2 is required for thick-filament stabilization and contractility in the vertebrate heart. ..
- Huang H, Jin T, He J, Ding Q, Xu D, Wang L, et al. Progesterone and adipoQ receptor 11 links ras signaling to cardiac development in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2158-70 pubmed publisher..This study not only provides in vivo evidence that PAQR11 plays a critical role in heart morphogenesis but also pinpoints the importance of compartmentalized Ras signaling during development. ..