Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ucp2
Description: uncoupling protein 2
Alias: cb74, mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2, UCP 2, solute carrier family 25 member 8, zUCP2
- Liu H, Sheng N, Zhang W, Dai J. Toxic effects of perfluorononanoic acid on the development of Zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Environ Sci (China). 2015;32:26-34 pubmed publisher..The Quantitative RT-PCR and WISH experiments demonstrated that mRNA expression of the lfabp and ucp2 genes increased significantly while that of sod1 and mt-nd1 decreased significantly after PFNA exposure...
- Gut P, Baeza Raja B, Andersson O, Hasenkamp L, Hsiao J, Hesselson D, et al. Whole-organism screening for gluconeogenesis identifies activators of fasting metabolism. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:97-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, using a whole-organism screening strategy, this study has identified new small-molecule activators of fasting metabolism. ..
- Gao Y, Dai Z, Shi C, Zhai G, Jin X, He J, et al. Depletion of Myostatin b Promotes Somatic Growth and Lipid Metabolism in Zebrafish. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:88 pubmed publisher..Our mstnb-deficient model could be valuable in understanding not only the growth trait regulation in teleosts but also the mechanisms of teleost energy metabolism. ..
- Jin Y, Zhang X, Shu L, Chen L, Sun L, Qian H, et al. Oxidative stress response and gene expression with atrazine exposure in adult female zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;78:846-52 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of oxidative stress induced by ATZ in fish. ..
- Jastroch M, Withers K, Taudien S, Frappell P, Helwig M, Fromme T, et al. Marsupial uncoupling protein 1 sheds light on the evolution of mammalian nonshivering thermogenesis. Physiol Genomics. 2008;32:161-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that an archetypal brown adipose tissue was present at least 150 million yr ago allowing early mammals to produce endogenous heat in the cold, without dependence on shivering and locomotor activity. ..
- StancovÃ¡ V, ZikovÃ¡ A, SvobodovÃ¡ Z, Kloas W. Effects of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug(NSAID) naproxen on gene expression of antioxidant enzymes in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:343-8 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the adverse side effects of NSAIDs occur in the gastrointestinal tract of humans. To our knowledge, this is the first study that has focused on transcriptional effects of naproxen on zebrafish. ..
- Sarkar S, Mukherjee S, Chattopadhyay A, Bhattacharya S. Low dose of arsenic trioxide triggers oxidative stress in zebrafish brain: expression of antioxidant genes. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;107:1-8 pubmed publisher..The expression of uncoupling protein 2 (Ucp2), an important mitochondrial enzyme was also subdued in arsenic exposed zebrafish...
- Stuart J, Harper J, Brindle K, Brand M. Uncoupling protein 2 from carp and zebrafish, ectothermic vertebrates. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1413:50-4 pubmed..in mammalian thermogenesis, and early hypotheses regarding the functions of the newly discovered UCP homologues, UCP2, UCP3 and others, have focused largely on their potential roles in thermogenesis...
- Sarkar S, Mukherjee S, Chattopadhyay A, Bhattacharya S. Differential modulation of cellular antioxidant status in zebrafish liver and kidney exposed to low dose arsenic trioxide. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;135:173-182 pubmed publisher..b>Ucp2 was upregulated in liver after 15 days of exposure but significantly downregulated at day 90; in kidney it remained ..
- Mukhopadhyay D, Chattopadhyay A. Induction of oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of sodium fluoride in female zebrafish liver. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014;93:64-70 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the transcriptional pattern of Ucp2, related to mitochondrial reactive oxygen species (ROS) production, upregulated significantly at 90 days NaF-..
- Zhao X, Wang S, Wu Y, You H, Lv L. Acute ZnO nanoparticles exposure induces developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and DNA damage in embryo-larval zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;136-137:49-59 pubmed publisher..However, the nano-ZnO up-regulated the transcriptional expression of Ucp2-related to ROS production...
- Liu Y, Wang J, Wei Y, Zhang H, Xu M, Dai J. Induction of time-dependent oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of perfluorododecanoic acid in zebrafish liver. Aquat Toxicol. 2008;89:242-50 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that turbulence of fatty acid beta-oxidation and oxidative stress responses were involved in the PFDoA-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Zheng X, Dai W, Chen X, Wang K, Zhang W, Liu L, et al. Caffeine reduces hepatic lipid accumulation through regulation of lipogenesis and ER stress in zebrafish larvae. J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:105 pubmed publisher..of lipid Î²-oxidation gene ACO and downregulation of lipogenesis-associated genes (SREBP1, ACC1, CD36 and UCP2), ER stress-associated genes (PERK, IRE1, ATF6 and BIP), the inflammatory cytokine genes (IL-1beta and TNF-alpha) ..
- Stuart J, Cadenas S, Jekabsons M, Roussel D, Brand M. Mitochondrial proton leak and the uncoupling protein 1 homologues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1504:144-58 pubmed..The uncoupling protein 1 homologues (e.g. UCP2, UCP3) may play a role in mediating proton leak, but it is unlikely they account for all of the observed proton ..