Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tyrp1b
Description: tyrosinase-related protein 1b
Alias: hm:zeh0659, tyrp1, zgc:100893, 5,6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid oxidase, oca3, tyrosinase-related protein 1
- Tryon R, Pisat N, Johnson S, Dougherty J. Development of translating ribosome affinity purification for zebrafish. Genesis. 2013;51:187-92 pubmed publisher..We have also generated a generic EGFP-rpl10a Tol2 plasmid construct (Tol2-zTRAP) that can be readily modified to target any additional cell populations with characterized promoters in zebrafish. ..
- Liu C, Yan W, Zhou B, Guo Y, Liu H, Yu H, et al. Characterization of a bystander effect induced by the endocrine-disrupting chemical 6-propyl-2-thiouracil in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;118-119:108-115 pubmed publisher..albinism type 2 (OCA2), tyrosinase (TYR), dopachrometautomerase (DCT), tyrosinase-related protein 1 (TYRP1) and silver (SILV), and increased the protein expressions of TYR and SILV...
- Van Otterloo E, Li W, Bonde G, Day K, Hsu M, Cornell R. Differentiation of zebrafish melanophores depends on transcription factors AP2 alpha and AP2 epsilon. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001122 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates how analysis of single-gene mutants may fail to identify steps in a GRN that are affected by the redundant activity of related proteins. ..
- Krauss J, Geiger Rudolph S, Koch I, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Irion U. A dominant mutation in tyrp1A leads to melanophore death in zebrafish. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2014;27:827-30 pubmed publisher..depends on the function of three enzymes of the tyrosinase family, tyrosinase (Tyr), tyrosinase-related protein 1 (Tyrp1), and dopachrome tautomerase (Dct or Tyrp2)...
- Seberg H, Van Otterloo E, Loftus S, Liu H, Bonde G, Sompallae R, et al. TFAP2 paralogs regulate melanocyte differentiation in parallel with MITF. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006636 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that TFAP2A activity, like MITF activity, has the potential to modulate the phenotype of melanoma cells. ..
- Guillot R, Muriach B, Rocha A, Rotllant J, Kelsh R, Cerdá Reverter J. Thyroid Hormones Regulate Zebrafish Melanogenesis in a Gender-Specific Manner. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166152 pubmed publisher..Thus, fish gender is now shown to be an important variable that should be controlled in future studies of fish melanogenesis. ..
- Cechmanek P, McFarlane S. Retinal pigment epithelium expansion around the neural retina occurs in two separate phases with distinct mechanisms. Dev Dyn. 2017;246:598-609 pubmed publisher..RPE development to produce the monolayer epithelium that covers the back of the neural retina occurs in two distinct phases driven by distinct mechanisms. Developmental Dynamics 246:598-609, 2017. Â© 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Greenhill E, Rocco A, Vibert L, Nikaido M, Kelsh R. An iterative genetic and dynamical modelling approach identifies novel features of the gene regulatory network underlying melanocyte development. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002265 pubmed publisher..More generally, this novel approach to understanding melanocyte differentiation provides a basis for systematic modelling of differentiation in this and other cell-types. ..
- Wang Z, Nishimura Y, Shimada Y, Umemoto N, Hirano M, Zang L, et al. Zebrafish beta-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression and control of pigmentation. Gene. 2009;446:18-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that adrb2a may regulate pigmentation, partly by modulating F1F0-ATPase. ..