Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: twist1a
Description: twist family bHLH transcription factor 1a
Alias: Twist1b, twist-1, twist1, wu:fd04c01, zgc:101115, twist family bHLH transcription factor 1a
- Qiu J, Fan X, Wang Y, Jin H, Song Y, Han Y, et al. Embryonic hematopoiesis in vertebrate somites gives rise to definitive hematopoietic stem cells. J Mol Cell Biol. 2016;8:288-301 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the embryonic origin of dHSCs in adults is not restricted to the AGM. ..
- Cox S, Kim H, Garnett A, Medeiros D, An W, Crump J. An essential role of variant histone H3.3 for ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crest. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002938 pubmed publisher..3 in the broad potential of the ectoderm-derived CNC, including the ability to make the mesoderm-like ectomesenchymal precursors of the head skeleton...
- Kague E, Roy P, Asselin G, Hu G, Simonet J, Stanley A, et al. Osterix/Sp7 limits cranial bone initiation sites and is required for formation of sutures. Dev Biol. 2016;413:160-72 pubmed publisher..The delay in bone maturation caused by loss of Sp7 leads to unregulated bone formation, revealing a new mechanism for patterning the skull and sutures. ..
- Yang D, Tsai C, Liao Y, Fu H, Tsay H, Huang T, et al. Twist controls skeletal development and dorsoventral patterning by regulating runx2 in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27324 pubmed publisherb>Twist1a and twist1b are the principal components of twists that negatively regulate a number of cellular signaling events...
- Shinya M, Eschbach C, Clark M, Lehrach H, Furutani Seiki M. Zebrafish Dkk1, induced by the pre-MBT Wnt signaling, is secreted from the prechordal plate and patterns the anterior neural plate. Mech Dev. 2000;98:3-17 pubmed..The nodal gene squint is also required for the maintenance of dkk1 expression. Among the mutually dependent target genes of the pre-MBT Wnt signaling, dkk1 plays an important role in patterning the anterior head of zebrafish. ..
- Yaklichkin S, Vekker A, Stayrook S, Lewis M, Kessler D. Prevalence of the EH1 Groucho interaction motif in the metazoan Fox family of transcriptional regulators. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:201 pubmed
- Jiménez Amilburu V, Rasouli S, Staudt D, Nakajima H, Chiba A, Mochizuki N, et al. In Vivo Visualization of Cardiomyocyte Apicobasal Polarity Reveals Epithelial to Mesenchymal-like Transition during Cardiac Trabeculation. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2687-2699 pubmed publisher..These studies provide information about cardiomyocyte polarization and enhance our understanding of the complex mechanisms underlying ventricular morphogenesis and maturation. ..
- Tuttle A, Hoffman T, Schilling T. Rabconnectin-3a regulates vesicle endocytosis and canonical Wnt signaling in zebrafish neural crest migration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001852 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that different v-ATPases and associated proteins may play cell-type-specific functions in intracellular trafficking in many contexts...
- Fang X, Zhang B, Thisse B, Bloom G, Thisse C. IQGAP3 is essential for cell proliferation and motility during zebrafish embryonic development. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2015;72:422-33 pubmed publisher..In support of this hypothesis, dominant negative forms of FGFR1 or Ras could be rescued by co-injection of zebrafish IQGAP3 mRNA, strongly suggesting that IQGAP3 acts as a downstream regulator of the FGFR1-Ras signaling pathway. ..
- Lyons P, Ma L, Baker R, Fricker L. Carboxypeptidase A6 in zebrafish development and implications for VIth cranial nerve pathfinding. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12967 pubmed publisher..If mutations in CPA6 contribute to Duane syndrome, our results also suggest that Duane syndrome can be a chondrogenic rather than a myogenic or neurogenic developmental disorder. ..
- Gitelman I. Evolution of the vertebrate twist family and synfunctionalization: a mechanism for differential gene loss through merging of expression domains. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1912-25 pubmed publisher..For example, in Xenopus, twist2 was lost, but the twist1 paralog acquired, and therefore preserved, twist2 function. A general model is proposed to explain the data...
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Lupo G, Gestri G, O Brien M, Denton R, Chandraratna R, Ley S, et al. Retinoic acid receptor signaling regulates choroid fissure closure through independent mechanisms in the ventral optic cup and periocular mesenchyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8698-703 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the identification of two cohorts of genes implicated in ventral eye morphogenesis may help to elucidate the genetic basis of ocular coloboma in humans. ..
- Yeo G, Cheah F, Jabs E, Chong S. Zebrafish twist1 is expressed in craniofacial, vertebral, and renal precursors. Dev Genes Evol. 2007;217:783-9 pubmedb>TWIST1 encodes a transcription factor that contains a highly conserved basic helix-loop-helix DNA-binding domain and a WR motif...