Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tuba1b
Description: tubulin, alpha 1b
Alias: cb944, fb22g06, tuba1, wu:fb22g06, tubulin alpha-1C chain, tubulin, alpha 1
- Wu Q, Yan W, Liu C, Li L, Yu L, Zhao S, et al. Microcystin-LR exposure induces developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryo. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:793-800 pubmed publisher..The above results indicated that MCLR-induced developmental toxicity might attribute to the disorder of cholinergic system, dopaminergic signaling, and the development of neurons. ..
- Powell C, Elsaeidi F, Goldman D. Injury-dependent Müller glia and ganglion cell reprogramming during tissue regeneration requires Apobec2a and Apobec2b. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1096-109 pubmed publisher..These data identify an essential role for Apobec proteins during retina and optic nerve regeneration and suggest DNA demethylation may underlie the reprogramming of cells to mount a regenerative response. ..
- Hörnberg H, Cioni J, Harris W, Holt C. Hermes Regulates Axon Sorting in the Optic Tract by Post-Trancriptional Regulation of Neuropilin 1. J Neurosci. 2016;36:12697-12706 pubmed..We characterize a novel RNA-based mechanism by which axons restrict their translatome developmentally to achieve proper targeting. ..
- Patra C, Kontarakis Z, Kaur H, Rayrikar A, Mukherjee D, Stainier D. The zebrafish ventricle: A hub of cardiac endothelial cells for in vitro cell behavior studies. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2687 pubmed publisher..Such primary cultures will be a useful tool for supplementary in vitro studies on the accumulating zebrafish mutant lines as well as the screening of small molecule libraries on cardiac specific endothelial cells. ..
- Fan C, Cowden J, Simmons S, Padilla S, Ramabhadran R. Gene expression changes in developing zebrafish as potential markers for rapid developmental neurotoxicity screening. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2010;32:91-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the expression profiles of these genes may be useful biomarkers for rapid evaluation of the developmental neurotoxicity potential of chemicals. ..
- Fausett B, Gumerson J, Goldman D. The proneural basic helix-loop-helix gene ascl1a is required for retina regeneration. J Neurosci. 2008;28:1109-17 pubmed publisher..These data suggest ascl1a is required to convert quiescent Müller glia into actively dividing retinal progenitors, and that ascl1a is a key regulator in initiating retina regeneration. ..
- Gulati Leekha A, Goldman D. A reporter-assisted mutagenesis screen using alpha 1-tubulin-GFP transgenic zebrafish uncovers missteps during neuronal development and axonogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;296:29-47 pubmed..Molecular identification of these loci and analysis of the remaining mutational repertoire will offer unique insights into the genetic inputs that go on to make a mature, differentiated neuron. ..
- Elsaeidi F, Bemben M, Zhao X, Goldman D. Jak/Stat signaling stimulates zebrafish optic nerve regeneration and overcomes the inhibitory actions of Socs3 and Sfpq. J Neurosci. 2014;34:2632-44 pubmed publisher..These studies not only identified mechanisms underlying optic nerve regeneration in fish but also suggest new molecular targets for enhancing optic nerve regeneration in mammals. ..
- Chen Q, Gundlach M, Yang S, Jiang J, Velki M, Yin D, et al. Quantitative investigation of the mechanisms of microplastics and nanoplastics toward zebrafish larvae locomotor activity. Sci Total Environ. 2017;584-585:1022-1031 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights into plastic particles' effects on zebrafish larvae, improving the understanding of their environmental risks to the aquatic environment. ..
- Chen Q, Yin D, Jia Y, Schiwy S, Legradi J, Yang S, et al. Enhanced uptake of BPA in the presence of nanoplastics can lead to neurotoxic effects in adult zebrafish. Sci Total Environ. 2017;609:1312-1321 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study demonstrates that the presence of NPPs can increase BPA bioavailability and cause neurotoxicity in adult zebrafish. ..
- Bhumika S, Lemmens K, Vancamp P, Moons L, Darras V. Decreased thyroid hormone signaling accelerates the reinnervation of the optic tectum following optic nerve crush in adult zebrafish. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;68:92-102 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data indicate that lowering T3 signaling accelerates OT reinnervation following ON crush in zebrafish and that this is accompanied by a more rapid resolution of the inflammatory response. ..
- Wu Q, Yan W, Cheng H, Liu C, Hung T, Guo X, et al. Parental transfer of microcystin-LR induced transgenerational effects of developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish offspring. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:471-478 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated MCLR could be transferred to offspring, and subsequently induce developmental neurotoxicity in F1 zebrafish larvae by disturbing the neurotransmitter systems and neuronal development. ..
- Palstra A, Rovira M, Rizo Roca D, Torrella J, Spaink H, Planas J. Swimming-induced exercise promotes hypertrophy and vascularization of fast skeletal muscle fibres and activation of myogenic and angiogenic transcriptional programs in adult zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:1136 pubmed publisher..These results further support the validity of the adult zebrafish as an exercise model to decipher the complex molecular and cellular mechanisms governing skeletal muscle mass and function in vertebrates. ..
- Cortés R, Teles M, Oliveira M, Fierro Castro C, Tort L, Cerdá Reverter J. Effects of acute handling stress on short-term central expression of orexigenic/anorexigenic genes in zebrafish. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:257-272 pubmed publisher..By contrast, the anorexigenic precursors tested, i.e., cart peptides and pomc, exhibited increased expression after acute stress, suggesting their involvement in the anorexigenic effects. ..
- Itoh M, Chitnis A. Expression of proneural and neurogenic genes in the zebrafish lateral line primordium correlates with selection of hair cell fate in neuromasts. Mech Dev. 2001;102:263-6 pubmed..In mib mutants there is a failure to restrict expression of zath1 and Delta homologues in the neuromasts revealing similarities with the phenotype previously described in the ear. ..
- Senut M, Gulati Leekha A, Goldman D. An element in the alpha1-tubulin promoter is necessary for retinal expression during optic nerve regeneration but not after eye injury in the adult zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7663-73 pubmed..696 kb and mutant promoters targeted GFP expression to Müller glia-like cells, some of which re-entered the cell cycle. These new findings will be useful for identifying the molecular signals necessary for successful CNS regeneration. ..
- Veldman M, Bemben M, Goldman D. Tuba1a gene expression is regulated by KLF6/7 and is necessary for CNS development and regeneration in zebrafish. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;43:370-83 pubmed publisherWe report that knockdown of the alpha1 tubulin isoform Tuba1a, but not the highly related Tuba1b, dramatically impedes nervous system formation during development and RGC axon regeneration following optic nerve injury in adults...
- Zhang L, Li Y, Chen T, Xia W, Zhou Y, Wan Y, et al. Abnormal development of motor neurons in perfluorooctane sulphonate exposed zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicology. 2011;20:643-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PFOS-induced toxicity was associated with oxidative stress by deregulating CDK5 and PRX2. ..
- Kamminga L, Luteijn M, den Broeder M, Redl S, Kaaij L, Roovers E, et al. Hen1 is required for oocyte development and piRNA stability in zebrafish. EMBO J. 2010;29:3688-700 pubmed publisher..This system discriminates between piRNA targets and is required for ovary development and fully efficient transposon silencing. ..
- Sarty K, Cowie A, Martyniuk C. The legacy pesticide dieldrin acts as a teratogen and alters the expression of dopamine transporter and dopamine receptor 2a in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;194:37-47 pubmed publisher..This is an important consideration when incorporating transcriptomics into embryo testing as expression levels can change with removal of the chorion prior to exposure. ..
- Prats E, Gómez Canela C, Ben Lulu S, Ziv T, Padrós F, Tornero D, et al. Modelling acrylamide acute neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13952 pubmed publisher..These data support the suitability of the developed zebrafish model for screening of molecules with therapeutic value against this toxic neuropathy. ..
- Cheng R, Jia Y, Dai L, Liu C, Wang J, Li G, et al. Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate disrupts axonal growth, cholinergic system and motor behavior in early life zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;192:7-15 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the alteration in motor neuron and inhibition of cholinergic system could together lead to the TDCIPP induced motor behavior alterations in zebrafish larvae. ..
- McCurley A, Callard G. Time Course Analysis of Gene Expression Patterns in Zebrafish Eye During Optic Nerve Regeneration. J Exp Neurosci. 2010;2010:17-33 pubmed..To define different phases of regeneration after ONX, alpha tubulin 1 (tuba1) and growth-associated protein 43 (gap43), markers previously shown to correspond to morphophological events, were ..
- Ling X, Lu Y, Huang H. Differential protein profile in zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain under the joint exposure of methyl parathion and cadmium. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2012;19:3925-41 pubmed publisher..The results may also provide the possibility of the establishment of candidate biomarkers for monitoring MP and Cd contamination in water. ..
- Chen L, Yu K, Huang C, Yu L, Zhu B, Lam P, et al. Prenatal transfer of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) results in developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:9727-34 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that parental exposure to environmentally relevant concentrations of PBDEs could cause adverse effects on neurodevelopment in zebrafish offspring. ..
- Lang X, Wang L, Zhang Z. Stability evaluation of reference genes for real-time PCR in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to cadmium chloride and subsequently infected by bacteria Aeromonas hydrophila. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:240-250 pubmed publisher..It emphasized the importance of reference gene evaluation for studies using qPCR, in particular when investigations involve factors not explored previously. ..
- Kotani T, Yasuda K, Ota R, Yamashita M. Cyclin B1 mRNA translation is temporally controlled through formation and disassembly of RNA granules. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:1041-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that RNA granule formation is critical for the regulation of timing of translational activation. ..
- Vanhauwaert S, Van Peer G, Rihani A, Janssens E, Rondou P, Lefever S, et al. Expressed repeat elements improve RT-qPCR normalization across a wide range of zebrafish gene expression studies. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109091 pubmed publisher..Our applied strategy to find and evaluate candidate expressed repeat elements for RT-qPCR data normalization has high potential to be used also for other species. ..
- Gentilcore D, Porreca I, Rizzo F, Ganbaatar E, Carchia E, Mallardo M, et al. Bisphenol A interferes with thyroid specific gene expression. Toxicology. 2013;304:21-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this report may provide new insight into the mode of BPA-induced deregulation of physiological processes as well as on the extensively debated molecular pathways underlying its biological activities. ..
- Wang Q, Lai N, Wang X, Guo Y, Lam P, Lam J, et al. Bioconcentration and transfer of the organophorous flame retardant 1,3-dichloro-2-propyl phosphate causes thyroid endocrine disruption and developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:5123-32 pubmed publisher..This study uniquely shows that TDCPP can be transferred to the offspring of exposed adults, causing thyroid endocrine disruption and developmental neurotoxicity. ..