Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: trpm7
Description: transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily M, member 7
Alias: cb495, tct, transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 7, nutria, touchtone, transient receptor potential melastatin 7
- Kastenhuber E, Gesemann M, Mickoleit M, Neuhauss S. Phylogenetic analysis and expression of zebrafish transient receptor potential melastatin family genes. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:1236-49 pubmed publisher..Our data now provide a basis for functional analyses of this gene family of ion channels in the vertebrate model organism Danio rerio. ..
- Jansen C, Sahni J, Suzuki S, Horgen F, Penner R, Fleig A. The coiled-coil domain of zebrafish TRPM7 regulates Mg·nucleotide sensitivity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33459 pubmed publisherb>TRPM7 is a member of the Transient-Receptor-Potential Melastatin ion channel family. TRPM7 is a unique fusion protein of an ion channel and an ?-kinase...
- Decker A, McNeill M, Lambert A, Overton J, Chen Y, Lorca R, et al. Abnormal differentiation of dopaminergic neurons in zebrafish trpm7 mutant larvae impairs development of the motor pattern. Dev Biol. 2014;386:428-39 pubmed publisherTransient receptor potential, melastatin-like 7 (Trpm7) is a combined ion channel and kinase implicated in the differentiation or function of many cell types...
- Sah R, Mesirca P, Van den Boogert M, Rosen J, MABLY J, Mangoni M, et al. Ion channel-kinase TRPM7 is required for maintaining cardiac automaticity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3037-46 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Transient Receptor Potential Melastatin 7 (TRPM7), a divalent-permeant channel-kinase of unknown function, is highly expressed in ..
- Tan S, Chung H, Shu Chien A. Distinct developmental expression of two elongase family members in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:397-403 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we also showed a specific expression of elovl5 in the proximal convoluted tubule (PCT) of the zebrafish pronephros, suggesting a possible new role for LC-PUFA in kidney development and function. ..
- Marra A, Wingert R. Roles of Iroquois Transcription Factors in Kidney Development. Cell Dev Biol. 2014;3:1000131 pubmed..Here, we discuss the new found roles for Iroquois transcription factors in pronephric nephron patterning, and explore the relevance of these findings for kidney development in humans. ..
- Wang Y, Sun Z, Zhou L, Li Z, Gui J. Grouper tsh? promoter-driven transgenic zebrafish marks proximal kidney tubule development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97806 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this transgenic line provides a useful tool for genetic or chemical analysis of kidney tubule. ..
- Cheng C, Wingert R. Nephron proximal tubule patterning and corpuscles of Stannius formation are regulated by the sim1a transcription factor and retinoic acid in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2015;399:100-116 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the genetic pathways that direct nephron development, and may have implications for understanding renal birth defects and kidney reprogramming. ..
- Diep C, Peng Z, Ukah T, Kelly P, Daigle R, Davidson A. Development of the zebrafish mesonephros. Genesis. 2015;53:257-69 pubmed publisher..We find that the pronephros acts as a scaffold for the mesonephros, where new nephrons fuse with the distal segments of the pronephric tubules to form the final branching network that characterizes the adult zebrafish kidney. ..
- Elizondo M, Budi E, Parichy D. trpm7 regulation of in vivo cation homeostasis and kidney function involves stanniocalcin 1 and fgf23. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5700-9 pubmed publisherThe transient receptor potential melastatin 7 (trpm7) channel kinase is a primary regulator of magnesium homeostasis in vitro. Here we show that trpm7 is an important regulator of cation homeostasis as well as kidney function in vivo...
- Lam P, Kamei C, Mangos S, Mudumana S, Liu Y, Drummond I. odd-skipped related 2 is required for fin chondrogenesis in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:1284-92 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish odd-skipped related 2 gene regulates sox9a and col2a1 expression in chondrocyte development and is specifically required for zebrafish fin morphogenesis. ..
- Sugano Y, Lindenmeyer M, Auberger I, Ziegler U, Segerer S, Cohen C, et al. The Rho-GTPase binding protein IQGAP2 is required for the glomerular filtration barrier. Kidney Int. 2015;88:1047-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, IQGAP2 is a Rho-GTPase binding protein, highly abundant in human and zebrafish podocytes, which controls normal podocyte structure and function as evidenced in the zebrafish pronephros. ..
- Kelsh R, Brand M, Jiang Y, Heisenberg C, Lin S, Haffter P, et al. Zebrafish pigmentation mutations and the processes of neural crest development. Development. 1996;123:369-89 pubmed..In combination with the embryological advantages of zebrafish, these mutations should permit cellular and molecular dissection of many aspects of neural crest development...
- Li Y, Cheng C, Verdun V, Wingert R. Zebrafish nephrogenesis is regulated by interactions between retinoic acid, mecom, and Notch signaling. Dev Biol. 2014;386:111-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies have revealed several essential and novel mechanisms that control pronephros development in the zebrafish. ..
- Gerlach G, Wingert R. Zebrafish pronephros tubulogenesis and epithelial identity maintenance are reliant on the polarity proteins Prkc iota and zeta. Dev Biol. 2014;396:183-200 pubmed publisher..These studies provide a valuable foundation for further analysis of MET during nephrogenesis, and have implications for understanding the pathways that affect nephron epithelial cells during kidney disease and regeneration. ..
- He L, Xu W, Jing Y, Wu M, Song S, Cao Y, et al. Yes-associated protein (Yap) is necessary for ciliogenesis and morphogenesis during pronephros development in zebrafish (Danio Rerio). Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:935-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveals that Yap is required for pronephric duct integrity, maintenance of baso-lateral cell polarity, and ciliogenesis during zebrafish kidney development. ..
- Bhandari S, Lee J, Kim Y, Nam I, Kim S, Kim S, et al. The fatty acid chain elongase, Elovl1, is required for kidney and swim bladder development during zebrafish embryogenesis. Organogenesis. 2016;12:78-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly suggest that both elovl1 genes are a key determinant of swim bladder and kidney development in zebrafish, which may be comparatively applicable to lung and kidney development in humans. ..
- Hsiao C, You M, Guh Y, Ma M, Jiang Y, Hwang P. A positive regulatory loop between foxi3a and foxi3b is essential for specification and differentiation of zebrafish epidermal ionocytes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e302 pubmed