Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: trh
Description: thyrotropin-releasing hormone
Alias: Pro-TRH, zgc:110168, pro-thyrotropin-releasing hormone, prepro-thyrotropin-releasing hormone, prothyroliberin
- Herget U, Wolf A, Wullimann M, Ryu S. Molecular neuroanatomy and chemoarchitecture of the neurosecretory preoptic-hypothalamic area in zebrafish larvae. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:1542-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results identify the definitive borders and extent of the PVN homologous region in larval zebrafish and serve as an important basis for cross-species comparisons of PVN/NPO structure and function. ..
- Zhang C, Forlano P, Cone R. AgRP and POMC neurons are hypophysiotropic and coordinately regulate multiple endocrine axes in a larval teleost. Cell Metab. 2012;15:256-64 pubmed publisher..This identifies the mechanism by which the central melanocortin system coordinately regulates growth and reproduction in teleosts and suggests it is an important anatomical substrate for evolutionary adaptation. ..
- Liang Y, Huang G, Ying G, Liu S, Jiang Y, Liu S. Progesterone and norgestrel alter transcriptional expression of genes along the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish embryos-larvae. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;167:101-7 pubmed publisher..Similarly, the effects of NGT on transcripts of thyrotropin-releasing hormone (Trh), Dio1, iodothyronine deiodinase type II (Dio2) and thyroid hormone receptor Î± (Thra) genes were generally low...
- Liu C, Yu H, Zhang X. Zebrafish embryos/larvae for rapid determination of effects on hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) and hypothalamic-pituitary-interrenal (HPI) axis: mRNA expression. Chemosphere. 2013;93:2327-32 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we studied the effects of PTU or MET on the cross-talk between HPT and HPI axis. The results demonstrated that PTU and MET could affect cross-talk responses in zebrafish embryos/larvae. ..
- Zheng X, Zhu Y, Liu C, Liu H, Giesy J, Hecker M, et al. Accumulation and biotransformation of BDE-47 by zebrafish larvae and teratogenicity and expression of genes along the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:12943-51 pubmed publisher..and transthyretin (TTR) while up-regulating expression of thyroglobulin (TG) and thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH). Spontaneous movement was affected by 1 mg of 6-OH-BDE-47/L or 5 mg of 6-MeO-BDE-47/L...
- Liang X, Li J, Martyniuk C, Wang J, Mao Y, Lu H, et al. Benzotriazole ultraviolet stabilizers alter the expression of the thyroid hormone pathway in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;182:22-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that BUVSs can potentially impact the thyroid system, and that this is dependent upon the type or structure of BUVSs. ..
- Han Z, Li Y, Zhang S, Song N, Xu H, Dang Y, et al. Prenatal transfer of decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) results in disruption of the thyroid system and developmental toxicity in zebrafish offspring. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;190:46-52 pubmed publisher..Expressions of thyroid hormone receptor ? (tr-?), thyrotropin releasing hormone (trh), thyroid stimulating hormone ? (tsh-?) and deiodinase 1 (dio 1) were significantly down-regulated in F1 ..
- Herget U, Ryu S. Coexpression analysis of nine neuropeptides in the neurosecretory preoptic area of larval zebrafish. Front Neuroanat. 2015;9:2 pubmed publisher..Thus, this work provides an important basis for the analysis of the development, function, and plasticity of the primary neuroendocrine brain region in larval zebrafish. ..