Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tpma
Alias: TPM1, fb37a09, wu:fb37a09, tropomyosin alpha-1 chain, TPM1-2 alpha, tropomyosin 1-2 nu
- Huang T, Chen J. Proteomic and functional analysis of zebrafish after administration of antimicrobial peptide epinecidin-1. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:593-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings imply that epinecidin-1 may stabilize the cytoskeleton network in host cells, thereby promoting resistance to bacterial infection. ..
- Gündel U, Kalkhof S, Zitzkat D, von Bergen M, Altenburger R, Küster E. Concentration-response concept in ecotoxicoproteomics: effects of different phenanthrene concentrations to the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo proteome. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;76:11-22 pubmed publisher..Using this experimental design based on testing of several exposure concentrations and less replicates might provide a step forward in getting increased output from toxicoproteomics studies. ..
- Gómez Requeni P, de Vareilles M, Kousoulaki K, Jordal A, Conceição L, Rønnestad I. Whole body proteome response to a dietary lysine imbalance in zebrafish Danio rerio. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2011;6:178-86 pubmed publisher..Excess Lys was accompanied by an up-regulation of proteins related to glycolysis, steroidogenesis and sexual maturation. ..
- Joshi P, Liang J, DiMonte K, Sullivan J, Pimplikar S. Amyloid precursor protein is required for convergent-extension movements during Zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2009;335:1-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this work demonstrates that the zebrafish model is a powerful system to define the role of APP during embryonic development and to evaluate the functional activity of fAD mutant APP. ..
- Falisse E, Voisin A, Silvestre F. Impacts of triclosan exposure on zebrafish early-life stage: Toxicity and acclimation mechanisms. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:97-107 pubmed publisher..This research highlighted oxidative stress and neurotoxicity as major toxicity mechanisms of TCS during development. ..
- Bink R, Habuchi H, Lele Z, Dolk E, Joore J, Rauch G, et al. Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase is essential for muscle development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31118-27 pubmed..In conclusion, our results show that transfer of sulfate to specific positions on glycosaminoglycans is essential for muscle development. ..
- Bosworth C, Chou C, Cole R, Rees B. Protein expression patterns in zebrafish skeletal muscle: initial characterization and the effects of hypoxic exposure. Proteomics. 2005;5:1362-71 pubmed..The difference between protein and mRNA expression illustrates the need to integrate both measures for a more complete understanding of gene expression in fish during hypoxic exposure. ..
- O Brien J, Hernandez Lagunas L, Artinger K, Ford H. MicroRNA-30a regulates zebrafish myogenesis through targeting the transcription factor Six1. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2291-301 pubmed publisher..Importantly, restoration of six1a in miR30a-overexpressing embryos restores proper myogenesis. These data demonstrate a new role for miR30a at a key node in the myogenic regulatory gene network through controlling Six1 expression...
- de Vareilles M, Conceição L, Gómez Requeni P, Kousoulaki K, Richard N, Rodrigues P, et al. Dietary lysine imbalance affects muscle proteome in zebrafish (Danio rerio): a comparative 2D-DIGE study. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2012;14:643-54 pubmed publisher..Thus using an exploratory approach, this study pinpoints interesting candidates for further elucidating the role of dietary Lys on growth of juvenile fish. ..
- Johnson A, Mokalled M, Valera J, Poss K, Olson E. Post-transcriptional regulation of myotube elongation and myogenesis by Hoi Polloi. Development. 2013;140:3645-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Hoip is a conserved, post-transcriptional regulator of muscle morphogenesis and structural gene expression. ..
- Cortelazzo A, Pietri T, De Felice C, Leoncini S, Guerranti R, Signorini C, et al. Proteomic analysis of the Rett syndrome experimental model mecp2Q63X mutant zebrafish. J Proteomics. 2017;154:128-133 pubmed publisher..This non-mammalian vertebrate model of RTT strongly suggests a broad impact of Mecp2 dysfunction. ..
- Dube D, Dube S, Abbott L, Wang J, Fan Y, Alshiekh Nasany R, et al. Identification, characterization, and expression of sarcomeric tropomyosin isoforms in zebrafish. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2017;74:125-142 pubmed publisher..In vertebrates, except for fish, four TPM genes TPM1, TPM2, TPM3, and TPM4 are known...
- Wang Y, Qian L, Yu Z, Jiang Q, Dong Y, Liu X, et al. Requirements of myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2A in zebrafish cardiac contractility. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4843-50 pubmed..Dysregulation of cardiac genes in MEF2A morphants suggests that sarcomere assembly disturbances account for the cardiac contractile deficiency. Our studies suggested that MEF2A is essential in cardiac contractility. ..
- Thorpe C, Weidinger G, Moon R. Wnt/beta-catenin regulation of the Sp1-related transcription factor sp5l promotes tail development in zebrafish. Development. 2005;132:1763-72 pubmed..These data place sp5l downstream of wnt3a and wnt8 in a Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway that controls tail development in zebrafish. ..
- Londin E, Niemiec J, Sirotkin H. Chordin, FGF signaling, and mesodermal factors cooperate in zebrafish neural induction. Dev Biol. 2005;279:1-19 pubmed..Our results support a model in which specification of anterior neural tissue requires early FGF-mediated repression of BMP transcript levels and later activities of Chordin and mesodermal factors. ..
- Gritsman K, Zhang J, Cheng S, Heckscher E, Talbot W, Schier A. The EGF-CFC protein one-eyed pinhead is essential for nodal signaling. Cell. 1999;97:121-32 pubmed..Expression of the murine EGF-CFC gene cripto rescues oep mutants. These results suggest a conserved role for EGF-CFC proteins as essential extracellular cofactors for Nodal signaling during vertebrate development. ..
- Serluca F, Xu B, Okabe N, Baker K, Lin S, Sullivan Brown J, et al. Mutations in zebrafish leucine-rich repeat-containing six-like affect cilia motility and result in pronephric cysts, but have variable effects on left-right patterning. Development. 2009;136:1621-31 pubmed publisher..Combined with recently published results, our alleles suggest that the function of seahorse in cilia motility is separable from its function in other cilia-related phenotypes. ..
- Amacher S, Draper B, Summers B, Kimmel C. The zebrafish T-box genes no tail and spadetail are required for development of trunk and tail mesoderm and medial floor plate. Development. 2002;129:3311-23 pubmed
- Long Y, Li L, Li Q, He X, Cui Z. Transcriptomic characterization of temperature stress responses in larval zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37209 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings provide new interesting clues for elucidation of mechanisms underlying the temperature acclimation in fish. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Srinivas B, Korzh V. Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;323:216-28 pubmed publisher..Exclusion of muscle-specific transcripts, myhz1 and tpma, from the dorsal and posterior part of somites demonstrated early abnormalities in fast muscle formation...
- Ton C, Stamatiou D, Dzau V, Liew C. Construction of a zebrafish cDNA microarray: gene expression profiling of the zebrafish during development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:1134-42 pubmed..Our study provides the first utilization of cDNA microarray in the zebrafish and reveals dynamic changes in levels of gene expression in relation to development and survival of the zebrafish embryos under hypoxic stress. ..
- Rohr K, Schulte Merker S, Tautz D. Zebrafish zic1 expression in brain and somites is affected by BMP and hedgehog signalling. Mech Dev. 1999;85:147-59 pubmed..Later, a growing mass of zic1 expressing cells occurs in a dorsal mesenchyme that eventually invades the dorsal fin fold, suggesting a somitic contribution to the dorsal fin mesenchyme. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Hughes S. Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populations. Development. 2009;136:403-14 pubmed publisher..Mrf4 does not contribute to early myogenesis in zebrafish. We suggest that the differential use of duplicated MRF paralogues in this novel two-component myogenic system facilitated the diversification of vertebrates...
- Peterson R, Mably J, Chen J, Fishman M. Convergence of distinct pathways to heart patterning revealed by the small molecule concentramide and the mutation heart-and-soul. Curr Biol. 2001;11:1481-91 pubmed..Combined chemical/genetic dissection can identify nodal points in development, of special importance in understanding the complex patterning events of organogenesis. ..
- Schilling T, Kimmel C. Musculoskeletal patterning in the pharyngeal segments of the zebrafish embryo. Development. 1997;124:2945-60 pubmed..These data provide a descriptive basis for genetic analyses of craniofacial patterning. ..
- Ochi H, Westerfield M. Lbx2 regulates formation of myofibrils. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:13 pubmed publisher..Expression of myofilament genes, including actin and myosin, requires the engrailed repressor domain of Lbx2. Our results elucidate a new function of Lbx2 as a regulator of myofibril formation. ..
- Lele Z, Hartson S, Martin C, Whitesell L, Matts R, Krone P. Disruption of zebrafish somite development by pharmacologic inhibition of Hsp90. Dev Biol. 1999;210:56-70 pubmed..The data are consistent with there being a temporal and spatial requirement for Hsp90 function within somitic cells which is necessary for the formation of eng-2-expressing muscle pioneers and possibly other striated muscle fiber types. ..
- Thisse C, Thisse B, Schilling T, Postlethwait J. Structure of the zebrafish snail1 gene and its expression in wild-type, spadetail and no tail mutant embryos. Development. 1993;119:1203-15 pubmed..The work presented here suggests that snail1 is involved in morphogenetic events during gastrulation, somitogenesis and development of the cephalic neural crest, and that no tail may act as a positive regulator of snail1. ..