Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tph2
Description: tryptophan hydroxylase 2 (tryptophan 5-monooxygenase)
Alias: tphR, wu:fq15a04, tryptophan 5-hydroxylase 2, tph2a, tryptophan hydroxylase R
- Borrelli L, Aceto S, Agnisola C, De Paolo S, Dipineto L, Stilling R, et al. Probiotic modulation of the microbiota-gut-brain axis and behaviour in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30046 pubmed publisher..In addition, in microbiota we found a significant increase of Firmicutes and a trending reduction of Proteobacteria. This study demonstrates that selected microbes can be used to modulate endogenous neuroactive molecules in zebrafish. ..
- Wang Y, Takai R, Yoshioka H, Shirabe K. Characterization and expression of serotonin transporter genes in zebrafish. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2006;208:267-74 pubmed..These information might be useful to evaluate the effect of those chemicals on serotonin neuron development and behavior of the animal. ..
- Puttonen H, Semenova S, Sundvik M, Panula P. Storage of neural histamine and histaminergic neurotransmission is VMAT2 dependent in the zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3060 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal potential new insights about the roles of monoaminergic neurotransmitters in the regulation of locomotion increase during adaptation to darkness. ..
- Yokogawa T, Marin W, Faraco J, Pezeron G, Appelbaum L, Zhang J, et al. Characterization of sleep in zebrafish and insomnia in hypocretin receptor mutants. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e277 pubmed..Our study validates the use of zebrafish for the study of sleep and indicates molecular diversity in sleep regulatory networks across vertebrates. ..
- Cheng C, Yan C, Choy S, Hui M, Hui C, Cheng S. Zebrafish homologue irx1a is required for the differentiation of serotonergic neurons. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2661-7 pubmed..However, irx1a morphants do not show a reduction of the progenitors of 5HT neurons. Hence, irx1a is not required for the initial specification but it is required for the complete differentiation of 5HT neurons. ..
- Xing L, Son J, Stevenson T, Lillesaar C, Bally Cuif L, Dahl T, et al. A Serotonin Circuit Acts as an Environmental Sensor to Mediate Midline Axon Crossing through EphrinB2. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14794-808 pubmed publisher..Finally, this work demonstrates that the vertebrate CNS can modulate its connectivity in response to the external environment. ..
- Ogawa S, Nathan F, Parhar I. Habenular kisspeptin modulates fear in the zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:3841-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, 3 d after Kiss1-SAP injection, the fish had a significantly reduced AS-evoked fear response. These findings provide an insight into the role of the habenular kisspeptin system in inhibiting fear. ..
- Prasad P, Ogawa S, Parhar I. Serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram inhibits GnRH synthesis and spermatogenesis in the male zebrafish. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:102 pubmed publisher..of citalopram significantly decreased mRNA levels of gnrh3, gonadotropins (lhb and fshb) and 5-HT-related genes (tph2 and sert) in the male zebrafish...
- Candy J, Collet C. Two tyrosine hydroxylase genes in teleosts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1727:35-44 pubmed..Preservation of two apparently functional TH genes in phylogenetically distant teleost species is consistent with the notion of partitioning of function between duplicate genes. ..
- Kawashima T, Zwart M, Yang C, Mensh B, Ahrens M. The Serotonergic System Tracks the Outcomes of Actions to Mediate Short-Term Motor Learning. Cell. 2016;167:933-946.e20 pubmed publisher..The DRN's ability to track the effectiveness of motor intent may constitute a computational building block for the broader functions of the serotonergic system. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Montgomery J, Wiggin T, Rivera Perez L, Lillesaar C, Masino M. Intraspinal serotonergic neurons consist of two, temporally distinct populations in developing zebrafish. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:673-87 pubmed publisher..Because the pet1 and tph2 promoters drive transgene expression in the spinal cord, we hypothesized that tph2 is expressed in spinal cords of ..
- Chen S, Oikonomou G, Chiu C, Niles B, Liu J, Lee D, et al. A large-scale in vivo analysis reveals that TALENs are significantly more mutagenic than ZFNs generated using context-dependent assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2769-78 pubmed publisher..The higher mutation rates and ability to target essentially any sequence make TALENs the superior technology for targeted mutagenesis in zebrafish, and likely other animal models. ..
- Elbaz I, Yelin Bekerman L, Nicenboim J, Vatine G, Appelbaum L. Genetic ablation of hypocretin neurons alters behavioral state transitions in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12961-72 pubmed publisher..Our results further suggest a key role of HCRT neurons in mediating behavioral state transitions in response to external stimuli. ..
- Norton W, Folchert A, Bally Cuif L. Comparative analysis of serotonin receptor (HTR1A/HTR1B families) and transporter (slc6a4a/b) gene expression in the zebrafish brain. J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:521-42 pubmed publisher..In cells in which 5-HT is synthesized by tph1, slc6a4b is used for re-uptake, whereas tph2-positive cells utilize slc6a4a...
- Uusi HeikkilÃ¤ S, Whiteley A, Kuparinen A, Matsumura S, Venturelli P, Wolter C, et al. The evolutionary legacy of size-selective harvesting extends from genes to populations. Evol Appl. 2015;8:597-620 pubmed publisher..Hence, the evolutionary legacy of size-selective harvesting includes populations that are productive under exploited conditions, but selectively disadvantaged to cope with natural selection pressures that often favor large body size. ..
- Cheng R, Krishnan S, Jesuthasan S. Activation and inhibition of tph2 serotonergic neurons operate in tandem to influence larval zebrafish preference for light over darkness. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20788 pubmed publisher..Calcium imaging of tph2-expressing cells demonstrates that a rostral subset of dorsal raphe serotonergic neurons fire continuously while ..
- Fernandes A, Fero K, Arrenberg A, Bergeron S, Driever W, Burgess H. Deep brain photoreceptors control light-seeking behavior in zebrafish larvae. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2042-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the identity and function of deep brain photoreceptors and suggest that otpa specifies an ancient population of sensory neurons that mediate behavioral responses to light. ..