Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tp63
Description: tumor protein p63
Alias: DNp63, id:ibd3516, p63, tp73l, wu:fc89f04, wu:fk85h07, wu:fk88b02, tumor protein 63, TP63 TA, delta-Np63, fc89f04, truncated P63 TA
- Cruz C, Maegawa S, Weinberg E, Wilson S, Dawid I, Kudoh T. Induction and patterning of trunk and tail neural ectoderm by the homeobox gene eve1 in zebrafish embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3564-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that eve1 is crucial for the organization of the antero-posterior and dorso-ventral axis in the gastrula ectoderm and also has trunk- and tail-promoting activity...
- Esaki M, Hoshijima K, Nakamura N, Munakata K, Tanaka M, Ookata K, et al. Mechanism of development of ionocytes rich in vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPase in the skin of zebrafish larvae. Dev Biol. 2009;329:116-29 pubmed publisher..These observations provide a better understanding of the differentiation and distribution of the vH-MRC subtype. ..
- Kudoh T, Concha M, Houart C, Dawid I, Wilson S. Combinatorial Fgf and Bmp signalling patterns the gastrula ectoderm into prospective neural and epidermal domains. Development. 2004;131:3581-92 pubmed..We further show that Bmp signalling does occur within the vegetal prospective neural domain and that Bmp activity promotes the adoption of caudal fate by this tissue. ..
- Chou M, Hung J, Wu L, Hwang S, Hwang P. Isotocin controls ion regulation through regulating ionocyte progenitor differentiation and proliferation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:2797-809 pubmed publisher..The density of P63 (an epidermal stem cell marker)-positive cells was downregulated by isotocin morpholinos and was upregulated by ..
- Tucker J, Mintzer K, Mullins M. The BMP signaling gradient patterns dorsoventral tissues in a temporally progressive manner along the anteroposterior axis. Dev Cell. 2008;14:108-19 pubmed publisher..We propose that a temporal cue regulates a cell's competence to respond to BMP signaling, allowing the acquisition of a cell's DV and AP identity simultaneously. ..
- Hu B, Chen H, Liu X, Zhang C, Cole G, Lee J, et al. Transgenic overexpression of cdx1b induces metaplastic changes of gene expression in zebrafish esophageal squamous epithelium. Zebrafish. 2013;10:218-27 pubmed publisher..However, cdx1b failed to induce histological IM, or to modulate cell proliferation and apoptosis in the squamous epithelium of adult transgenic zebrafish. ..
- Pyati U, Gjini E, Carbonneau S, Lee J, Guo F, Jette C, et al. p63 mediates an apoptotic response to pharmacological and disease-related ER stress in the developing epidermis. Dev Cell. 2011;21:492-505 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the p63 transcription factor is upregulated to initiate this apoptotic pathway and directly activates puma transcription in ..
- Chen H, Beasley A, Hu Y, Chen X. A Zebrafish Model for Studies on Esophageal Epithelial Biology. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143878 pubmed publisher..Expression of esophageal epithelial marker genes (Krt5, P63, Sox2 and Pax9) was detected by immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization...
- Danilova N, Sakamoto K, Lin S. Ribosomal protein S19 deficiency in zebrafish leads to developmental abnormalities and defective erythropoiesis through activation of p53 protein family. Blood. 2008;112:5228-37 pubmed publisher..Ribosomal stress syndromes represent a broader spectrum of human congenital diseases caused by genotoxic stress; therefore, imbalance of p53 family members may become a new target for therapeutics. ..
- Koster M, Roop D. p63 and epithelial appendage development. Differentiation. 2004;72:364-70 pubmed..The transcription factor p63 has a critical role in epithelial appendage development in both vertebrates and non-vertebrates...
- Stewart S, Tsun Z, Izpisua Belmonte J. A histone demethylase is necessary for regeneration in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19889-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that histone modifications at discreet genomic positions may serve as a crucial regulatory event in the initiation of fin regeneration. ..
- Cheng Y, Chiang M, Shih H, Ma T, Yeh T, Huang Y, et al. The transcription factor hairy/E(spl)-related 2 induces proliferation of neural progenitors and regulates neurogenesis and gliogenesis. Dev Biol. 2015;397:116-28 pubmed publisher..Together, these two mechanisms ensure the proper development of the neural progenitor cell pool. ..
- Nowak M, Hammerschmidt M. Ubc9 regulates mitosis and cell survival during zebrafish development. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5324-36 pubmed..Failed mitosis in the absence of Ubc9 is not necessarily coupled with cell death. Rather, cells can continue to replicate their DNA, grow to a larger size, and finish their normal developmental program. ..
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..
- Lam P, Yoo S, Green J, Huttenlocher A. The SH2-domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (SHIP) limits the motility of neutrophils and their recruitment to wounds in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4973-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that SHIP phosphatases control neutrophil inflammation by limiting neutrophil motility in vivo. ..
- Varga M, Maegawa S, Weinberg E. Correct anteroposterior patterning of the zebrafish neurectoderm in the absence of the early dorsal organizer. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:26 pubmed publisher..We also show that the zebrafish embryo can form a radial diffuse neural sheath in the absence of both BMP signaling and the early organizer. ..
- Ganassi M, Badodi S, Polacchini A, Baruffaldi F, Battini R, Hughes S, et al. Distinct functions of alternatively spliced isoforms encoded by zebrafish mef2ca and mef2cb. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:559-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data show that AS is a significant regulator of Mef2c activity. ..
- Mathias J, Dodd M, Walters K, Yoo S, Ranheim E, Huttenlocher A. Characterization of zebrafish larval inflammatory macrophages. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:1212-7 pubmed publisher..These findings identify distinct functional and morphological characteristics of inflammatory macrophages in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Lisse T, Middleton L, Pellegrini A, Martin P, Spaulding E, Lopes O, et al. Paclitaxel-induced epithelial damage and ectopic MMP-13 expression promotes neurotoxicity in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2189-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies provide evidence that the epidermis plays a critical role in this condition, and we provide a previously unidentified candidate for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Nowak M, Koster C, Hammerschmidt M. Perp is required for tissue-specific cell survival during zebrafish development. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:52-64 pubmed..We conclude that, in contrast to its proapoptotic function in stressed cells, Perp plays an antiapoptotic role during normal zebrafish development to regulate tissue-specific cell survival. ..
- Carney T, Feitosa N, Sonntag C, Slanchev K, Kluger J, Kiyozumi D, et al. Genetic analysis of fin development in zebrafish identifies furin and hemicentin1 as potential novel fraser syndrome disease genes. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000907 pubmed publisher..In addition, the novel genes might prove helpful to unravel the molecular nature of thus far unresolved cases of the human disease. ..
- Belting H, Wendik B, Lunde K, Leichsenring M, Mössner R, Driever W, et al. Pou5f1 contributes to dorsoventral patterning by positive regulation of vox and modulation of fgf8a expression. Dev Biol. 2011;356:323-36 pubmed publisher..Our data reveals a set of direct and indirect interactions of Pou5f1 with the BMP dorsoventral patterning network that serve to fine-tune dorsoventral patterning mechanisms and coordinate patterning with developmental timing. ..
- Fischer B, Metzger M, Richardson R, Knyphausen P, Ramezani T, Franzen R, et al. p53 and TAp63 promote keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation in breeding tubercles of the zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004048 pubmed publisherb>p63 is a multi-isoform member of the p53 family of transcription factors. There is compelling genetic evidence that ?Np63 isoforms are needed for keratinocyte proliferation and stemness in the developing vertebrate epidermis...
- Zhong Y, Lu L, Zhou J, Li Y, Liu Y, Clemmons D, et al. IGF binding protein 3 exerts its ligand-independent action by antagonizing BMP in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1925-35 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Igfbp3 enhanced the ventralized phenotype caused by chordin knockdown. These results suggest that Igfbp3 exerts its IGF-independent actions by antagonizing Bmp signaling and that this mechanism is conserved. ..
- Hatzold J, Beleggia F, Herzig H, Altmuller J, Nurnberg P, Bloch W, et al. Tumor suppression in basal keratinocytes via dual non-cell-autonomous functions of a Na,K-ATPase beta subunit. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Our results identify hypotonic stress as a (previously unrecognized) contributor to tumor development and establish a novel paradigm of tumor suppression. ..
- Chen G, Chou C, Hwang S, Wang F, Chen Y, Hung C, et al. Requirement of nuclear localization and transcriptional activity of p53 for its targeting to the yolk syncytial layer (YSL) nuclei in zebrafish embryo and its use for apoptosis assay. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:272-82 pubmed..This YSL targeting is p53 sequence-specific because GFP fusion proteins of p63 and p73 displayed neuronal-specific patterns...
- Candel S, de Oliveira S, López Muñoz A, García Moreno D, Espin Palazon R, Tyrkalska S, et al. Tnfa signaling through tnfr2 protects skin against oxidative stress-induced inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001855 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a crucial role for TNF?/TNFR2 axis in the protection of the skin against DUOX1-mediated oxidative stress and could establish new therapeutic targets for skin inflammatory disorders. ..
- Rasmussen J, Sack G, Martin S, Sagasti A. Vertebrate epidermal cells are broad-specificity phagocytes that clear sensory axon debris. J Neurosci. 2015;35:559-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify vertebrate epidermal cells as broad-specificity phagocytes that likely contribute to neural repair and wound healing. ..
- Lisse T, Rieger S. IKK? regulates human keratinocyte migration through surveillance of the redox environment. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:975-988 pubmed publisher..Thus, this indicates that IKK? promotes migration through dynamic interactions with the EGF promoter depending on the redox state within cells. ..
- Rentzsch F, Bakkers J, Kramer C, Hammerschmidt M. Fgf signaling induces posterior neuroectoderm independently of Bmp signaling inhibition. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:750-7 pubmed..blastula and early gastrula stages, after mesoderm has been induced and cannot be blocked by Bmps or the Bmp target gene and downstream effector Delta Np63 alpha, indicating that here, Fgfs act independently of Bmp signaling inhibition.
- Reischauer S, Levesque M, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Sonawane M. Lgl2 executes its function as a tumor suppressor by regulating ErbB signaling in the zebrafish epidermis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000720 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that pen/lgl2 functions as a tumor suppressor gene in vertebrates, establishing zebrafish pen/lgl2 mutants as a valuable cancer model. ..
- Rhinn M, Lun K, Luz M, Werner M, Brand M. Positioning of the midbrain-hindbrain boundary organizer through global posteriorization of the neuroectoderm mediated by Wnt8 signaling. Development. 2005;132:1261-72 pubmed..Our findings argue that graded Wnt8 activity mediates overall neuroectodermal posteriorization and thus determines the location of the MHB organizer. ..
- Bakkers J, Camacho Carvajal M, Nowak M, Kramer C, Danger B, Hammerschmidt M. Destabilization of DeltaNp63alpha by Nedd4-mediated ubiquitination and Ubc9-mediated sumoylation, and its implications on dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryo. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:790-800 pubmed..In sum, our data indicate that DeltaNp63alpha is ubiquitinated in a Nedd4- and sumoylated in a Ubc9-dependent fashion, and that these modifications can regulate DeltaNp63alpha stability in the zebrafish ectoderm. ..
- Joerger A, Wilcken R, Andreeva A. Tracing the evolution of the p53 tetramerization domain. Structure. 2014;22:1301-1310 pubmed publisherThe tetrameric transcription factors p53, p63, and p73 evolved from a common ancestor and play key roles in tumor suppression and development...
- Harrington M, Chalasani K, Brewster R. Cellular mechanisms of posterior neural tube morphogenesis in the zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:747-62 pubmed publisher..Overall, these mechanisms resemble those previously described in anterior regions, suggesting that, in contrast to amniotes, neurulation is a fairly uniform process in zebrafish. ..
- Laue K, Daujat S, Crump J, Plaster N, Roehl H, Kimmel C, et al. The multidomain protein Brpf1 binds histones and is required for Hox gene expression and segmental identity. Development. 2008;135:1935-46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Brpf1, coordinated by its particular set of domains, acts by multiple mechanisms to mediate Moz-dependent histone acetylation and to mark Hox genes for maintained expression throughout vertebrate development. ..