Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tnnc1b
Description: troponin C type 1b (slow)
Alias: stnnc, zgc:86932, troponin C type 1b (slow), slow-specific troponin C, ssTnC
- Wang X, Ono Y, Tan S, Chai R, Parkin C, Ingham P. Prdm1a and miR-499 act sequentially to restrict Sox6 activity to the fast-twitch muscle lineage in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2011;138:4399-404 pubmed publisher..We find that translational repression of sox6 is mediated by miR-499, the slow-twitch-specific expression of which is in turn controlled by Prdm1a, forming a regulatory loop that initiates and maintains the slow-twitch muscle lineage. ..
- Devakanmalai G, Zumrut H, Ozbudak E. Cited3 activates Mef2c to control muscle cell differentiation and survival. Biol Open. 2013;2:505-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Cited3 is a critical transcriptional coactivator functioning during muscle differentiation and its absence leads to defects in terminal differentiation and survival of muscle cells. ..
- Singh A, Sivadas A, Sabharwal A, Vellarikal S, Jayarajan R, Verma A, et al. Chamber Specific Gene Expression Landscape of the Zebrafish Heart. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147823 pubmed publisher..It is also postulated that this transcriptome atlas will help utilize zebrafish in a better way as a model for studying cardiac development and to explore functional role of gene networks in cardiac disease pathogenesis. ..
- Gomes R, Skroblin P, Munster A, Tomlins H, Langley S, Zampetaki A, et al. "Young at heart": Regenerative potential linked to immature cardiac phenotypes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:105-8 pubmed publisher..The immature myofilament composition of the fish heart may explain why adult mouse and human cardiomyocytes lack this endogenous repair mechanism. ..
- Stevens C, Rayani K, Genge C, Singh G, Liang B, Roller J, et al. Characterization of Zebrafish Cardiac and Slow Skeletal Troponin C Paralogs by MD Simulation and ITC. Biophys J. 2016;111:38-49 pubmed publisher..calculated the different Ca(2+)-binding properties between the teleost cardiac (cTnC or TnC1a) and slow-skeletal (ssTnC or TnC1b) paralogs through potential-of-mean-force calculations...
- Holterhoff C, Saunders R, Brito E, Wagner D. Sequence and expression of the zebrafish alpha-actinin gene family reveals conservation and diversification among vertebrates. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2936-47 pubmed publisher..Duplication of actn3 in the zebrafish indicates that variation in actn3 expression may promote physiological diversity in muscle function among vertebrates. ..
- Jackson H, Ono Y, Wang X, Elworthy S, Cunliffe V, Ingham P. The role of Sox6 in zebrafish muscle fiber type specification. Skelet Muscle. 2015;5:2 pubmed publisher..Cis-regulatory elements upstream of the slow myosin heavy chain 1 (smyhc1) and slow troponin c (tnnc1b) genes contain putative Sox6 binding sites required for repression of the former but not the latter...
- Orr N, Arnaout R, Gula L, Spears D, Leong Sit P, Li Q, et al. A mutation in the atrial-specific myosin light chain gene (MYL4) causes familial atrial fibrillation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11303 pubmed publisher..These findings describe the cause of a rare subtype of AF due to a primary, atrial-specific sarcomeric defect. ..
- Sogah V, Serluca F, Fishman M, YELON D, Macrae C, Mably J. Distinct troponin C isoform requirements in cardiac and skeletal muscle. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3115-23 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that tnnc1a is required both for the function and structural integrity of the contractile machinery in cardiomyocytes, helping to clarify potential mechanisms of troponin C-mediated cardiomyopathy. ..