Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tnnc1a
Description: troponin C type 1a (slow)
Alias: cTnC, tnnc1, zgc:103465, troponin C, slow skeletal and cardiac muscles, sil, troponin C type 1 (slow), troponin C, slow
- Orr N, Arnaout R, Gula L, Spears D, Leong Sit P, Li Q, et al. A mutation in the atrial-specific myosin light chain gene (MYL4) causes familial atrial fibrillation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11303 pubmed publisher..These findings describe the cause of a rare subtype of AF due to a primary, atrial-specific sarcomeric defect. ..
- Stevens C, Rayani K, Genge C, Singh G, Liang B, Roller J, et al. Characterization of Zebrafish Cardiac and Slow Skeletal Troponin C Paralogs by MD Simulation and ITC. Biophys J. 2016;111:38-49 pubmed publisher..simulations at 18°C and 28°C and calculated the different Ca(2+)-binding properties between the teleost cardiac (cTnC or TnC1a) and slow-skeletal (ssTnC or TnC1b) paralogs through potential-of-mean-force calculations...
- Sundarrajan L, Yeung C, Hahn L, Weber L, Unniappan S. Irisin regulates cardiac physiology in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181461 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results identified muscle proteins as novel targets of irisin, and added irisin to the list of peptide modulators of cardiovascular physiology in zebrafish. ..
- Hawkins T, Haramis A, Etard C, Prodromou C, Vaughan C, Ashworth R, et al. The ATPase-dependent chaperoning activity of Hsp90a regulates thick filament formation and integration during skeletal muscle myofibrillogenesis. Development. 2008;135:1147-56 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal a surprisingly specific developmental role for a single Hsp90 gene in a regulatory pathway controlling late steps in sarcomere assembly. ..
- Gomes R, Skroblin P, Munster A, Tomlins H, Langley S, Zampetaki A, et al. "Young at heart": Regenerative potential linked to immature cardiac phenotypes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:105-8 pubmed publisher..The immature myofilament composition of the fish heart may explain why adult mouse and human cardiomyocytes lack this endogenous repair mechanism. ..
- Genge C, Stevens C, Davidson W, Singh G, Peter Tieleman D, Tibbits G. Functional Divergence in Teleost Cardiac Troponin Paralogs Guides Variation in the Interaction of TnI Switch Region with TnC. Genome Biol Evol. 2016;8:994-1011 pubmed publisher..This integrative approach introduces Tn as a model of functional divergence that guides the coevolution of interacting proteins. ..