Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tnfa
Description: tumor necrosis factor a (TNF superfamily, member 2)
Alias: tumor necrosis factor, alpha, TNF-alpha 1, TNF1
- van der Vaart M, van Soest J, Spaink H, Meijer A. Functional analysis of a zebrafish myd88 mutant identifies key transcriptional components of the innate immune system. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:841-54 pubmed publisher..This zebrafish myd88 mutant will be a valuable tool for further study of the role of IL1R and TLR signaling in the innate immunity processes underlying infectious diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer...
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Sepulcre M, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Zebrafish larvae are unable to mount a protective antiviral response against waterborne infection by spring viremia of carp virus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:546-52 pubmed publisher..This model, in combination with the powerful gene overexpression and morpholino-mediated knockdown techniques, will help to illuminate the IFN system of teleost fish...
- Oyarbide U, Rainieri S, Pardo M. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae as a system to test the efficacy of polysaccharides as immunostimulants. Zebrafish. 2012;9:74-84 pubmed publisher..The assay used in this study permits the testing potential of immunostimulants in a simple and cost-effective way. ..
- Feng Y, Santoriello C, Mione M, Hurlstone A, Martin P. Live imaging of innate immune cell sensing of transformed cells in zebrafish larvae: parallels between tumor initiation and wound inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000562 pubmed publisher..These parallels between the inflammatory responses to transformed cells and to wounds reinforce the suggestion by others that cancers resemble non-healing wounds. ..
- Tobin D, Roca F, Oh S, McFarland R, Vickery T, Ray J, et al. Host genotype-specific therapies can optimize the inflammatory response to mycobacterial infections. Cell. 2012;148:434-46 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest that host-directed therapies tailored to patient LTA4H genotypes may counter detrimental effects of either extreme of inflammation. ..
- Kyritsis N, Kizil C, Zocher S, Kroehne V, Kaslin J, Freudenreich D, et al. Acute inflammation initiates the regenerative response in the adult zebrafish brain. Science. 2012;338:1353-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that in zebrafish, in contrast to mammals, inflammation is a positive regulator of neuronal regeneration in the central nervous system. ..
- Rodriguez I, Novoa B, Figueras A. Immune response of zebrafish (Danio rerio) against a newly isolated bacterial pathogen Aeromonas hydrophila. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;25:239-49 pubmed publisher..Expression levels of iNOS were upregulated by ECPs. Mortality rate (LD(50)) and histopathology were also determined...
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Parikka M, Hammarén M, Harjula S, Halfpenny N, Oksanen K, Lahtinen M, et al. Mycobacterium marinum causes a latent infection that can be reactivated by gamma irradiation in adult zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002944 pubmed publisher..The possibilities for screening for host and pathogen factors affecting the disease progression, and identifying novel therapeutic agents and vaccine targets make this established model especially attractive...
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Encinas P, Garcia Valtanen P, Chinchilla B, Gomez Casado E, Estepa A, Coll J. Identification of multipath genes differentially expressed in pathway-targeted microarrays in zebrafish infected and surviving spring viremia carp virus (SVCV) suggest preventive drug candidates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73553 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to develop novel drug-based prevention methods and consolidate the zebrafish/SVCV as a model for vertebrate viral diseases. ..
- Roca F, Mulero I, López Muñoz A, Sepulcre M, Renshaw S, Meseguer J, et al. Evolution of the inflammatory response in vertebrates: fish TNF-alpha is a powerful activator of endothelial cells but hardly activates phagocytes. J Immunol. 2008;181:5071-81 pubmed
- Stockhammer O, Zakrzewska A, Hegedus Z, Spaink H, Meijer A. Transcriptome profiling and functional analyses of the zebrafish embryonic innate immune response to Salmonella infection. J Immunol. 2009;182:5641-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that induction of il1b, mmp9, and irak3 requires Myd88-dependent signaling, while ifn1 and il8 were induced Myd88 independently during Salmonella infection. ..
- Espín R, Roca F, Candel S, Sepulcre M, González Rosa J, Alcaraz Pérez F, et al. TNF receptors regulate vascular homeostasis in zebrafish through a caspase-8, caspase-2 and P53 apoptotic program that bypasses caspase-3. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:383-96 pubmed publisher..We have identified an evolutionarily conserved apoptotic pathway involved in vascular homeostasis that provides new therapeutic targets for the control of inflammation- and tumor-driven angiogenesis. ..
- Dios S, Romero A, Chamorro R, Figueras A, Novoa B. Effect of the temperature during antiviral immune response ontogeny in teleosts. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:1019-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mx seems to play an important role in viral immunity in larvae, when the adaptive immune response is not fully functional. ..
- Hartig E, Zhu S, King B, Coffman J. Cortisol-treated zebrafish embryos develop into pro-inflammatory adults with aberrant immune gene regulation. Biol Open. 2016;5:1134-41 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that chronically elevated glucocorticoid signaling early in life directs development of a pro-inflammatory adult phenotype, at the expense of immunoregulation and somatic regenerative capacity. ..
- Wang Z, Nishimura Y, Shimada Y, Umemoto N, Hirano M, Zang L, et al. Zebrafish beta-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression and control of pigmentation. Gene. 2009;446:18-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that adrb2a may regulate pigmentation, partly by modulating F1F0-ATPase. ..
- Wu T, Pan C, Lin M, Hsieh J, Hui C, Chen J. In vivo screening of zebrafish microRNA responses to bacterial infection and their possible roles in regulating immune response genes after lipopolysaccharide stimulation. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1299-310 pubmed publisher..Our cloning and expression analyses indicated that miR-122, miR-192, and miR-194a play important roles in zebrafish immunology. ..
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Repnik U, Boysen P, Ropstad E, Varkey D, et al. Characterization and Vaccine Potential of Membrane Vesicles Produced by Francisella noatunensis subsp. orientalis in an Adult Zebrafish Model. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..Expression of tnfa, il1b, and ifng, as well as mhcii, mpeg1...
- McCarthy R, Mazon Moya M, Moscoso J, Hao Y, Lam J, Bordi C, et al. Cyclic-di-GMP regulates lipopolysaccharide modification and contributes to Pseudomonas aeruginosa immune evasion. Nat Microbiol. 2017;2:17027 pubmed publisher..LPS is known to modulate the immune response in the host, and by using a zebrafish infection model, we implicate WarA in the ability of P. aeruginosa to evade detection by the host. ..
- Liu Y, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Stat3/Cdc25a-dependent cell proliferation promotes embryonic axis extension during zebrafish gastrulation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006564 pubmed publisher..During later development, stat3 mutant zebrafish exhibit stunted growth, scoliosis, excessive inflammation, and fail to thrive, affording a genetic tool to study Stat3 function in vertebrate development, regeneration, and disease. ..
- Matthews R, Lorent K, Mañoral Mobias R, Huang Y, Gong W, Murray I, et al. TNFalpha-dependent hepatic steatosis and liver degeneration caused by mutation of zebrafish S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase. Development. 2009;136:865-75 pubmed publisher..Elevated SAH in dtp larvae was associated with mitochondrial defects and increased expression of tnfa and pparg, an ortholog of the mammalian lipogenic gene...
- Morais R, Crespo D, Nóbrega R, Lemos M, van de Kant H, De Franca L, et al. Antagonistic regulation of spermatogonial differentiation in zebrafish (Danio rerio) by Igf3 and Amh. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;454:112-124 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that an important aspect of Fsh bioactivity in stimulating spermatogenesis is implemented by restricting the different inhibitory effects of Amh and by counterbalancing them with stimulatory signals, such as Igf3. ..
- Herbst S, Shah A, Mazon Moya M, Marzola V, Jensen B, Reed A, et al. Phagocytosis-dependent activation of a TLR9-BTK-calcineurin-NFAT pathway co-ordinates innate immunity to Aspergillus fumigatus. EMBO Mol Med. 2015;7:240-58 pubmed publisher..These observations identify inhibition of a newly discovered macrophage TLR9-BTK-calcineurin-NFAT signalling pathway as a key immune defect that leads to organ transplant-related invasive aspergillosis. ..
- Garcia Valtanen P, Martínez López A, López Muñoz A, Bello Perez M, Medina Gali R, Ortega Villaizan M, et al. Zebra Fish Lacking Adaptive Immunity Acquire an Antiviral Alert State Characterized by Upregulated Gene Expression of Apoptosis, Multigene Families, and Interferon-Related Genes. Front Immunol. 2017;8:121 pubmed publisher..From this and other studies, it might be concluded that some of the characteristics of mammalian trained immunity are present in lower vertebrates. ..
- Wiens G, Glenney G. Origin and evolution of TNF and TNF receptor superfamilies. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:1324-35 pubmed publisher..The increasing interest and use of TNFSF and TNFRSF modulators in human and animal medicine underscores the need to understand the evolutionary origins as well as conserved and novel functions of these biologically important molecules. ..
- Lu L, Li S, Lu X, Zhang Y. Functions of the two zebrafish MAVS variants are opposite in the induction of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:574-82 pubmed publisher..Lastly, overexpression of MAVS_tv2 decreased the transcriptional levels of several IFN-stimulated genes activated by IRF7. These findings suggest that MAVS_tv2 is a negative regulator of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. ..
- Chen C, Liu W, Wang L, Li J, Chen Y, Jin J, et al. Pathological damage and immunomodulatory effects of zebrafish exposed to microcystin-LR. Toxicon. 2016;118:13-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings provided strong evidence of the recovery potential of fish exposed to microcystins. ..
- Huang X, Wang H, Meng L, Wang Q, Yu J, Gao Q, et al. Role of eosinophils and apoptosis in PDIMs/PGLs deficient mycobacterium elimination in adult zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;59:199-206 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the anti-apoptotic effects of PDIMs/PGLs and the recruitment of eosinophils in tissue during the early infection in zebrafish might promote bacterium growth in vivo. ..
- Srivastava N, Shelly A, Kumar M, Pant A, Das B, Majumdar T, et al. Aeromonas hydrophila utilizes TLR4 topology for synchronous activation of MyD88 and TRIF to orchestrate anti-inflammatory responses in zebrafish. Cell Death Discov. 2017;3:17067 pubmed publisher..Inside the cytosol, A. hydrophila avoids detection by suppressing NLRs, facilitating its survival and ensuing pathogenesis. ..
- Espin Palazon R, Martínez López A, Roca F, López Muñoz A, Tyrkalska S, Candel S, et al. TNF? Impairs Rhabdoviral Clearance by Inhibiting the Host Autophagic Antiviral Response. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005699 pubmed publisher..Here, a rhabdoviral infection model in zebrafish allowed us to identify the mechanism of action by which Tnfa has a deleterious role for the host to combat certain viral infections...
- Kim E, Lee W, Um J, Kang N, Cheong S, Oh J, et al. Anti-inflammatory Effects of Galactose-Taurine Sodium Salt: A Taurine Derivate in Zebrafish In Vivo Model. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975:655-666 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study first indicates that Gal-Tau could be considered as an effective anti-inflammatory material with its anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Marcon M, Herrmann A, Mocelin R, Rambo C, Koakoski G, Abreu M, et al. Prevention of unpredictable chronic stress-related phenomena in zebrafish exposed to bromazepam, fluoxetine and nortriptyline. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:3815-3824 pubmed..The UCS protocol may also serve as a screening tool for evaluating new drugs that can be used to treat psychiatric disorders with stress-related etiologies. ..
- Gong Y, Xiang L, Shao J. CD154-CD40 interactions are essential for thymus-dependent antibody production in zebrafish: insights into the origin of costimulatory pathway in helper T cell-regulated adaptive immunity in early vertebrates. J Immunol. 2009;182:7749-62 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence for the existence of the functional CD154-CD40-mediated costimulatory pathway and helper T cell regulatory mechanism underlying adaptive immunity in a fish species. ..
- Ruyra A, Torrealba D, Morera D, Tort L, MacKenzie S, Roher N. Zebrafish liver (ZFL) cells are able to mount an anti-viral response after stimulation with Poly (I:C). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;182:55-63 pubmed publisher..We can conclude that ZFL could be used not only in toxicological studies, but also in studying anti-viral responses in zebrafish. ..
- Cox A, Tsomides A, Kim A, Saunders D, Hwang K, Evason K, et al. Selenoprotein H is an essential regulator of redox homeostasis that cooperates with p53 in development and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5562-71 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings establish that seph regulates redox homeostasis and suppresses DNA damage. We hypothesize that SepH deficiency may contribute to the increased cancer risk observed in cohorts with low selenium levels. ..
- Nguyen Chi M, Laplace Builhé B, Travnickova J, Luz Crawford P, Tejedor G, Lutfalla G, et al. TNF signaling and macrophages govern fin regeneration in zebrafish larvae. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2979 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that TNFR1 has a necessary and direct role in blastema cell activation suggesting that macrophage subset balance provides the accurate TNF? signal to prime regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Peng K, Pan C, Chou H, Chen J. Using an improved Tol2 transposon system to produce transgenic zebrafish with epinecidin-1 which enhanced resistance to bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:905-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that using epinecidin-1 as a transgene in zebrafish can effectively inhibit bacterial growth for up to 24h after infection. ..
- van der Vaart M, Korbee C, Lamers G, Tengeler A, Hosseini R, Haks M, et al. The DNA damage-regulated autophagy modulator DRAM1 links mycobacterial recognition via TLR-MYD88 to autophagic defense [corrected]. Cell Host Microbe. 2014;15:753-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that DRAM1 mediates autophagic defense against a broader range of intracellular pathogens, since DRAM1 expression was also induced by the common bacterial endotoxin lipopolysaccharide. ..
- Hammar n M, Oksanen K, Nisula H, Luukinen B, Pesu M, R met M, et al. Adequate Th2-type response associates with restricted bacterial growth in latent mycobacterial infection of zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004190 pubmed publisher..Characteristic gata3/tbx21 has potential as a biomarker for the status of mycobacterial disease...
- Faikoh E, Hong Y, Hu S. Liposome-encapsulated cinnamaldehyde enhances zebrafish (Danio rerio) immunity and survival when challenged with Vibrio vulnificus and Streptococcus agalactiae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;38:15-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC could be used as an antimicrobial agent and immunostimulant to protect bacteria-infected fish in aquaculture. ..
- Landgraf K, Schuster S, Meusel A, Garten A, Riemer T, Schleinitz D, et al. Short-term overfeeding of zebrafish with normal or high-fat diet as a model for the development of metabolically healthy versus unhealthy obesity. BMC Physiol. 2017;17:4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that zebrafish represents an attractive model to study regulatory mechanisms involved in the determination of AT phenotype during development of metabolically healthy versus metabolically unhealthy obesity. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Pan C, Huang T, Wang Y, Yeh Y, Hui C, Chen J. Oral administration of recombinant epinecidin-1 protected grouper (Epinephelus coioides) and zebrafish (Danio rerio) from Vibrio vulnificus infection and enhanced immune-related gene expressions. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:947-57 pubmed publisher..coli modulated immune-related gene expressions and disease resistance of grouper and zebrafish after a V. vulnificus (204) infection. ..
- Cobbina S, Xu H, Zhao T, Mao G, Zhou Z, Wu X, et al. A multivariate assessment of innate immune-related gene expressions due to exposure to low concentration individual and mixtures of four kinds of heavy metals on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:1032-42 pubmed publisher..It is indicative that mechanisms associated with toxicity of metal mixtures is complex, however, further studies to elucidate them are ongoing in our research laboratory. ..
- Zhang Z, Cheang L, Wang M, Lee S. Quercetin exerts a neuroprotective effect through inhibition of the iNOS/NO system and pro-inflammation gene expression in PC12 cells and in zebrafish. Int J Mol Med. 2011;27:195-203 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to provide a scientific rationale for the clinical use of quercetin, leading to its development as an effective therapeutic agent for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Nie L, Xu X, Xiang L, Shao J, Chen J. Mutual Regulation of NOD2 and RIG-I in Zebrafish Provides Insights into the Coordination between Innate Antibacterial and Antiviral Signaling Pathways. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This mechanism reflects the coordination between cytosolic antibacterial and antiviral PRRs in the complex network of innate immunity. ..
- Lei X, Cai S, Chen Y, Cui J, Wang Y, Li Z, et al. Down-regulation of interleukin 7 receptor (IL-7R) contributes to central nervous system demyelination. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28395-28407 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to our understanding of the role of IL-7R in demyelination, and provide a rationale for the development of IL-7R-based therapies for MS and other demyelinating diseases. ..
- Meireles A, Shiau C, Guenther C, Sidik H, Kingsley D, Talbot W. The phosphate exporter xpr1b is required for differentiation of tissue-resident macrophages. Cell Rep. 2014;8:1659-1667 pubmed publisher..Single mutants for xpr1a were viable, and double mutants for xpr1b;xpr1a were similar to xpr1b single mutants. Our genetic analysis reveals a specific role for the phosphate exporter Xpr1 in the differentiation of tissue macrophages. ..
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Lv Z, Zhu A. Circadian time-dependent antioxidant and inflammatory responses to acute cadmium exposure in the brain of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:113-119 pubmed publisher..Taken together, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the brain were more serious when fish were exposed to Cd in the evening than in the morning, highlighting the importance of circadian rhythm in Cd-induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Varela M, Romero A, Dios S, van der Vaart M, Figueras A, Meijer A, et al. Cellular visualization of macrophage pyroptosis and interleukin-1? release in a viral hemorrhagic infection in zebrafish larvae. J Virol. 2014;88:12026-40 pubmed publisher..The use of this animal model with other pathogens could improve the current knowledge on host-pathogen interactions and increase the potential for the discovery of new therapeutic targets against diverse viral diseases. ..
- Qi F, Song J, Yang H, Gao W, Liu N, Zhang B, et al. Mmp23b promotes liver development and hepatocyte proliferation through the tumor necrosis factor pathway in zebrafish. Hepatology. 2010;52:2158-66 pubmed publisher..Antisense knockdown of tnfa or tnfb in zebrafish caused similar reductions of liver size, whereas overexpression of tnfa or tnfb rescued liver ..
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Huang Y, Hung K, Hsieh F, Hsu S. Carboxyl-functionalized polyurethane nanoparticles with immunosuppressive properties as a new type of anti-inflammatory platform. Nanoscale. 2015;7:20352-64 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NP surface chemistry may regulate the immune response, which provides a new paradigm for potential applications of NPs in anti-inflammation and immunomodulation. ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Kim S, Ulanova L, Speth M, Novoa B, et al. Use of Poly(I:C) Stabilized with Chitosan As a Vaccine-Adjuvant Against Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia Virus Infection in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:421-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that poly(I:C) is a promising candidate as an adjuvant for fish vaccination against viral pathogens, and that the zebrafish is a promising model for aquaculture-relevant vaccination studies. ..
- Chatterjee A, Roy D, Patnaik E, Nongthomba U. Muscles provide protection during microbial infection by activating innate immune response pathways in Drosophila and zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:697-705 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that physiologically fit muscles might boost the innate immune response of an individual. ..
- Feng W, Gu Y, Nie L, Guo D, Xiang L, Shao J. Characterization of SIGIRR/IL-1R8 Homolog from Zebrafish Provides New Insights into Its Inhibitory Role in Hepatic Inflammation. J Immunol. 2016;197:151-67 pubmed publisher..This molecule is essential to establish liver homeostasis under inflammatory stimuli. Overall, the results will enrich the current knowledge about SIGIRR-mediated immunity and disorders in the liver. ..
- Xu H, Shao X, Zhang Z, Zou Y, Wu X, Yang L. Oxidative stress and immune related gene expression following exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate and diethyl phthalate in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;93:39-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, co-exposure to DBP-DEP also induced antioxidant defense and immune response in zebrafish embryo. The results demonstrat that DBP/DEP exposure could induce the antioxidant and immune responses in zebrafish embryos...
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Zhou F, Zhang X, van Dam H, Ten Dijke P, Huang H, Zhang L. Ubiquitin-specific protease 4 mitigates Toll-like/interleukin-1 receptor signaling and regulates innate immune activation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11002-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that USP4 plays an essential role in negative regulation of the TLR/IL-1R signaling-mediated innate immune response. ..
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help with elucidating the differences and environmental risk of the two enantiomers of cis-BF-induced toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- Teyssier L, Colussi J, Delemasure S, Chluba J, Wendehenne D, Lamotte O, et al. Inflammatory Effects of the Plant Protection Product Stifenia (FEN560) on Vertebrates. Front Public Health. 2017;5:74 pubmed publisher..These tests could be routinely used to screen the potential adverse effects of this type of compounds. Finally, our results suggest a potential danger of using extensively certain PDS for crop protection. ..
- Wang C, Chen Y, Bian W, Xie S, Qi G, Liu L, et al. Deletion of mstna and mstnb impairs the immune system and affects growth performance in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:572-580 pubmed publisher..While each paralogue contributes to the response to bacterial insult, mstnb affects the immune system through activation of the NF-?B pathway, and mstna is likely to act upstream of NF-?B at some as yet unidentified target. ..
- Liu X, Chang X, Wu H, Xiao J, Gao Y, Zhang Y. Role of intestinal inflammation in predisposition of Edwardsiella tarda infection in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;41:271-8 pubmed publisher..tarda infection might inhibit the growth of intestinal microbiota. Our results suggest that maintaining good management to avoid intestinal inflammation is a feasible prevention measure against edwardsiellosis. ..
- Yang L, Wang G, Yang L, Huang Z, Zhang W, Yu L. Endotoxin molecule lipopolysaccharide-induced zebrafish inflammation model: a novel screening method for anti-inflammatory drugs. Molecules. 2014;19:2390-409 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that this zebrafish screening model could be applied to study inflammation-mediated diseases. Moreover, the Traditional Chinese Medicine CA displays potential anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Jin Y, Liu Z, Liu F, Ye Y, Peng T, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cadmium (II) and chromium (VI) induce behavioral alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2015;48:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that Cd and Cr have the potential to cause behavior alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the larval zebrafish. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Mazon Moya M, Willis A, Torraca V, Boucontet L, Shenoy A, Colucci Guyon E, et al. Septins restrict inflammation and protect zebrafish larvae from Shigella infection. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006467 pubmed publisher..flexneri infection. These findings highlight a new role for septins in host defence against bacterial infection, and suggest that septin dysfunction may be an underlying factor in cases of hyper-inflammation. ..
- Geiger B, Gras Miralles B, Ziogas D, Karagiannis A, Zhen A, Fraenkel P, et al. Intestinal upregulation of melanin-concentrating hormone in TNBS-induced enterocolitis in adult zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83194 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings not only establish a model of chemically-induced experimental enterocolitis in adult zebrafish, but point to effects of MCH in intestinal inflammation that are conserved across species. ..