Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tlr5b
Description: toll-like receptor 5b
Alias: tlr5, toll-like receptor 5b
- Lin B, Chen S, Cao Z, Lin Y, Mo D, Zhang H, et al. Acute phase response in zebrafish upon Aeromonas salmonicida and Staphylococcus aureus infection: striking similarities and obvious differences with mammals. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:295-301 pubmed..Our results constitute the first demonstration of a similar while different immune response in zebrafish and open new avenues for the investigation of evolutionary conserved and fish specific mechanisms of innate immunity...
- Yeh D, Liu Y, Lo Y, Yuh C, Yu G, Lo J, et al. Toll-like receptor 9 and 21 have different ligand recognition profiles and cooperatively mediate activity of CpG-oligodeoxynucleotides in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:20711-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebTLR9 and zebTLR21 cooperatively mediate the antimicrobial activities of CpG-ODN. Overall, this study provides a molecular basis for the activities of CpG-ODN in fish...
- Yang D, Liu Q, Ni C, Li S, Wu H, Wang Q, et al. Gene expression profiling in live attenuated Edwardsiella tarda vaccine immunized and challenged zebrafish: insights into the basic mechanisms of protection seen in immunized fish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;40:132-41 pubmed publisher..This mechanism involved the induction of the TLR-5 signaling pathway, the MHC-I antigen processing pathway and CTL effector function, and CTL function seems play a major role in the protection against E. tarda infection in zebrafish. ..
- Yang S, MarÃn Juez R, Meijer A, Spaink H. Common and specific downstream signaling targets controlled by Tlr2 and Tlr5 innate immune signaling in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:547 pubmed publisher..We have compared two ligands that in mammals have been shown to specifically activate the TLR2 and TLR5 receptors: Pam3CSK4 and flagellin, respectively...
- Sun Z, Shen B, Wu H, Zhou X, Wang Q, Xiao J, et al. The secreted fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase as a broad spectrum vaccine candidate against pathogenic bacteria in aquaculture. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;46:638-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that FBA can be utilized as a broad-spectrum vaccine against various pathogenic bacteria of aquaculture in the future. ..
- van der Sar A, Stockhammer O, van der Laan C, Spaink H, Bitter W, Meijer A. MyD88 innate immune function in a zebrafish embryo infection model. Infect Immun. 2006;74:2436-41 pubmed
- Jiang Y, He L, Ju C, Pei Y, Ji M, Li Y, et al. Isolation and expression of grass carp toll-like receptor 5a (CiTLR5a) and 5b (CiTLR5b) gene involved in the response to flagellin stimulation and grass carp reovirus infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;44:88-99 pubmed publisherToll-like receptor 5 (TLR5), a member of Toll-like receptors (TLRs) family and is responsible for the bacterial ï¬‚agellin recognition in vertebrates, play an important role in innate immunity...
- Meijer A, Gabby Krens S, Medina Rodriguez I, He S, Bitter W, Ewa Snaar Jagalska B, et al. Expression analysis of the Toll-like receptor and TIR domain adaptor families of zebrafish. Mol Immunol. 2004;40:773-83 pubmed..The resulting predictions show the presence of one or more counterparts for the human TLR1, TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR5, TLR7, TLR8, TLR9, IL-1R and IL-18R genes and one copy of the adaptor genes MyD88, MAL, TRIF and SARM...