Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tlr4ba
Description: toll-like receptor 4b, duplicate a
Alias: TIR4.1, tlr4a, toll-like receptor 4b, duplicate a, toll-like receptor 4a
- Wu T, Pan C, Lin M, Hsieh J, Hui C, Chen J. In vivo screening of zebrafish microRNA responses to bacterial infection and their possible roles in regulating immune response genes after lipopolysaccharide stimulation. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1299-310 pubmed publisher..of doxycycline treatment without LPS stimulation, interleukin (IL)-22, lysozyme, toll-like receptor (TLR)1, TLR3, TLR4a, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-? gene expressions were, respectively, upregulated by ~14-, 22-, 2...
- Pan C, Huang T, Wang Y, Yeh Y, Hui C, Chen J. Oral administration of recombinant epinecidin-1 protected grouper (Epinephelus coioides) and zebrafish (Danio rerio) from Vibrio vulnificus infection and enhanced immune-related gene expressions. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:947-57 pubmed publisher..coli modulated immune-related gene expressions and disease resistance of grouper and zebrafish after a V. vulnificus (204) infection. ..
- Srivastava N, Shelly A, Kumar M, Pant A, Das B, Majumdar T, et al. Aeromonas hydrophila utilizes TLR4 topology for synchronous activation of MyD88 and TRIF to orchestrate anti-inflammatory responses in zebrafish. Cell Death Discov. 2017;3:17067 pubmed publisher..Inside the cytosol, A. hydrophila avoids detection by suppressing NLRs, facilitating its survival and ensuing pathogenesis. ..
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- van der Sar A, Stockhammer O, van der Laan C, Spaink H, Bitter W, Meijer A. MyD88 innate immune function in a zebrafish embryo infection model. Infect Immun. 2006;74:2436-41 pubmed
- Meijer A, Gabby Krens S, Medina Rodriguez I, He S, Bitter W, Ewa Snaar Jagalska B, et al. Expression analysis of the Toll-like receptor and TIR domain adaptor families of zebrafish. Mol Immunol. 2004;40:773-83 pubmed
- Oyarbide U, Iturria I, Rainieri S, Pardo M. Use of gnotobiotic zebrafish to study Vibrio anguillarum pathogenicity. Zebrafish. 2015;12:71-80 pubmed publisher..This immunomodulation can be indicative of a "stealth mechanism" of mucus invasion in which the pathogen found a sheltered niche, a typical trait of intracellular pathogens. ..
- Pan C, Peng K, Lin C, Chen J. Transgenic expression of tilapia hepcidin 1-5 and shrimp chelonianin in zebrafish and their resistance to bacterial pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:275-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that TH1-5 and chelonianin possess the potential to be novel candidate genes for aquaculture applications to treat fish diseases. ..
- Novoa B, Romero A, Mulero V, Rodriguez I, Fernandez I, Figueras A. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for the study of vaccination against viral haemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV). Vaccine. 2006;24:5806-16 pubmed..In addition, the high protection obtained with the live attenuated virus demonstrates that the zebrafish is able to mount an efficient antiviral immune response at 15 degrees C...
- Jault C, Pichon L, Chluba J. Toll-like receptor gene family and TIR-domain adapters in Danio rerio. Mol Immunol. 2004;40:759-71 pubmed..We demonstrate here that TIR-domain containing adapters MyD88 and SARM are present in zebrafish, showing that TLR adapter molecules are highly conserved in evolution. ..
- Pietretti D, Scheer M, Fink I, Taverne N, Savelkoul H, Spaink H, et al. Identification and functional characterization of nonmammalian Toll-like receptor 20. Immunogenetics. 2014;66:123-41 pubmed publisher..In vitro stimulation of PBL with T. borreli induces an upregulation of tlr20, supportive of a role for Tlr20 in the immune response to protozoan parasites...
- Faikoh E, Hong Y, Hu S. Liposome-encapsulated cinnamaldehyde enhances zebrafish (Danio rerio) immunity and survival when challenged with Vibrio vulnificus and Streptococcus agalactiae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;38:15-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC could be used as an antimicrobial agent and immunostimulant to protect bacteria-infected fish in aquaculture. ..
- Chatterjee A, Roy D, Patnaik E, Nongthomba U. Muscles provide protection during microbial infection by activating innate immune response pathways in Drosophila and zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:697-705 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that physiologically fit muscles might boost the innate immune response of an individual. ..