Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tlr3
Description: toll-like receptor 3
Alias: zgc:123006, toll-like receptor 3
- Feng W, Gu Y, Nie L, Guo D, Xiang L, Shao J. Characterization of SIGIRR/IL-1R8 Homolog from Zebrafish Provides New Insights into Its Inhibitory Role in Hepatic Inflammation. J Immunol. 2016;197:151-67 pubmed publisher..role in TRIF-mediated inflammatory reactions by competitive recruitment of the TRIF adaptor protein from its TLR3/TLR22 receptor...
- Chang M, Nie P. RNAi suppression of zebrafish peptidoglycan recognition protein 6 (zfPGRP6) mediated differentially expressed genes involved in Toll-like receptor signaling pathway and caused increased susceptibility to Flavobacterium columnare. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;124:295-301 pubmed publisher..The target genes included TLR2, TLR3, TLR5, TLR7, TLR8, IL1R, Sterile-alpha and Armadillo motif containing protein (SARM), myeloid differentiation ..
- Jault C, Pichon L, Chluba J. Toll-like receptor gene family and TIR-domain adapters in Danio rerio. Mol Immunol. 2004;40:759-71 pubmed..We demonstrate here that TIR-domain containing adapters MyD88 and SARM are present in zebrafish, showing that TLR adapter molecules are highly conserved in evolution. ..
- Novoa B, Romero A, Mulero V, Rodriguez I, Fernandez I, Figueras A. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for the study of vaccination against viral haemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV). Vaccine. 2006;24:5806-16 pubmed..The increase of TLR3, IFNalphabeta, Mx, IFNgamma and TNFalpha expression at 72h post-infection in the kidney of VHSV-infected fish ..
- Jheng Y, Lee L, Ting C, Pan C, Hui C, Chen J. Zebrafish fed on recombinant Artemia expressing epinecidin-1 exhibit increased survival and altered expression of immunomodulatory genes upon Vibrio vulnificus infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;42:1-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that feeding transgenic Artemia expressing CMV-gfp-epi to larval fish has antimicrobial effects, without the drawbacks of introducing drug residues or inducing bacterial drug resistance. ..
- Pan C, Peng K, Lin C, Chen J. Transgenic expression of tilapia hepcidin 1-5 and shrimp chelonianin in zebrafish and their resistance to bacterial pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:275-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that TH1-5 and chelonianin possess the potential to be novel candidate genes for aquaculture applications to treat fish diseases. ..
- Pan C, Wu J, Hui C, Lin C, Chen J. Insights into the antibacterial and immunomodulatory functions of the antimicrobial peptide, epinecidin-1, against Vibrio vulnificus infection in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:1019-25 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the use of epinecidin-1 to develop inactivated material for fish bacterial infections which can provide guidelines for the future design of epinecidin-1-bacterial formulations for various in vivo applications. ..
- Ruyra A, Torrealba D, Morera D, Tort L, MacKenzie S, Roher N. Zebrafish liver (ZFL) cells are able to mount an anti-viral response after stimulation with Poly (I:C). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;182:55-63 pubmed publisher..We can conclude that ZFL could be used not only in toxicological studies, but also in studying anti-viral responses in zebrafish. ..
- Xu H, Yang M, Qiu W, Pan C, Wu M. The impact of endocrine-disrupting chemicals on oxidative stress and innate immune response in zebrafish embryos. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:1793-9 pubmed publisher..Expressions of TLR3, TRIF, MyD88, SARM, IRAK4, and TRAF6 were altered on exposure to EDCs...
- Ruyra A, Cano Sarabia M, MacKenzie S, Maspoch D, Roher N. A novel liposome-based nanocarrier loaded with an LPS-dsRNA cocktail for fish innate immune system stimulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76338 pubmed publisher..The design of a unique delivery system with the ability to stimulate two potent innate immunity pathways virtually present in all fish species represents a completely new approach in fish health. ..
- Chen H, Liu W, Wu S, Chiou P, Li Y, Chen Y, et al. RIG-I specifically mediates group II type I IFN activation in nervous necrosis virus infected zebrafish cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:427-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that RIG-I plays an essential role in zebrafish group II type I IFN induction and the inflammatory response to NNV infection. ..
- Sahoo B, Dikhit M, Bhoi G, Maharana J, Lenka S, Dubey P, et al. Understanding the distinguishable structural and functional features in zebrafish TLR3 and TLR22, and their binding modes with fish dsRNA viruses: an exploratory structural model analysis. Amino Acids. 2015;47:381-400 pubmed publisher..The existence of TLR3 and TLR22 only in aquatic animals indicates their distinctive characteristics in viral infection; however, the ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Speth M, Lagos L, Rishovd A, Estepa A, et al. Protective effect of a recombinant VHSV-G vaccine using poly(I:C) loaded nanoparticles as an adjuvant in zebrafish (Danio rerio) infection model. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:248-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that chitosan-poly(I:C) NPs are a promising adjuvant candidate for future vaccine formulations. ..
- Yeh D, Liu Y, Lo Y, Yuh C, Yu G, Lo J, et al. Toll-like receptor 9 and 21 have different ligand recognition profiles and cooperatively mediate activity of CpG-oligodeoxynucleotides in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:20711-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebTLR9 and zebTLR21 cooperatively mediate the antimicrobial activities of CpG-ODN. Overall, this study provides a molecular basis for the activities of CpG-ODN in fish...
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Kim S, Ulanova L, Speth M, Novoa B, et al. Use of Poly(I:C) Stabilized with Chitosan As a Vaccine-Adjuvant Against Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia Virus Infection in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:421-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that poly(I:C) is a promising candidate as an adjuvant for fish vaccination against viral pathogens, and that the zebrafish is a promising model for aquaculture-relevant vaccination studies. ..
- Wu T, Pan C, Lin M, Hsieh J, Hui C, Chen J. In vivo screening of zebrafish microRNA responses to bacterial infection and their possible roles in regulating immune response genes after lipopolysaccharide stimulation. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1299-310 pubmed publisher..24 h of doxycycline treatment without LPS stimulation, interleukin (IL)-22, lysozyme, toll-like receptor (TLR)1, TLR3, TLR4a, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-? gene expressions were, respectively, upregulated by ~14-, 22-, 2...
- Loponte S, SegrÃ© C, Senese S, Miccolo C, Santaguida S, Deflorian G, et al. Dynamic phosphorylation of Histone Deacetylase 1 by Aurora kinases during mitosis regulates zebrafish embryos development. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30213 pubmed publisher..Our data represent a step towards the comprehension of HDAC1 regulation by its PTM code, with important implications in unravelling its roles both in physiology and pathology. ..
- Alcaraz Pérez F, Mulero V, Cayuela M. Application of the dual-luciferase reporter assay to the analysis of promoter activity in Zebrafish embryos. BMC Biotechnol. 2008;8:81 pubmed publisher..Among others, the assay allows a rapid and quantitative measurement of the effects of particular genes or drugs in a given promoter in the context of a whole organism and it can also be used in high throughput screening experiments. ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Gao H, Wu L, Sun J, Geng X, Pan B. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of Toll-like receptor 21 cDNA from Paralichthys olivaceus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:1138-45 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that TLR21 may be involved in the pathogen recognition in the early innate immune. ..
- Muire P, Hanson L, Wills R, Petrie Hanson L. Differential gene expression following TLR stimulation in rag1-/- mutant zebrafish tissues and morphological descriptions of lymphocyte-like cell populations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184077 pubmed publisher..demonstrated dynamic changes in response to intra-coelomically administered ? glucan (a TLR2/6 ligand), Poly I:C (a TLR3 ligand) and resiquimod (R848) (a TLR7/8 ligand)...
- Lee S, Peng K, Lee L, Pan C, Hour A, Her G, et al. Characterization of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) viperin expression, and inhibition of bacterial growth and modulation of immune-related gene expression by electrotransfer of viperin DNA into zebrafish muscle. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;151:217-28 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that such altered expression may account for the improvement in bacterial clearance following electroporation of viperin, suggesting that fish viperin has antiviral and antibacterial activities. ..
- Sullivan C, Postlethwait J, Lage C, Millard P, Kim C. Evidence for evolving Toll-IL-1 receptor-containing adaptor molecule function in vertebrates. J Immunol. 2007;178:4517-27 pubmed..These studies provide evidence, for the first time, of the evolving function of a vertebrate TLR pathway. ..
- Hsieh J, Pan C, Chen J. Tilapia hepcidin (TH)2-3 as a transgene in transgenic fish enhances resistance to Vibrio vulnificus infection and causes variations in immune-related genes after infection by different bacterial species. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:430-9 pubmed publisher..agalactiae, IL-1beta (at 1-24 h), IL-15 (at 6 h), IL-22 (at 1-6 h), and TLR3 (at 1-24 h) were downregulated, but TLR4a (at 6-12 h) and c3b (at 12 h) were upregulated post-infection...
- Peng K, Pan C, Chou H, Chen J. Using an improved Tol2 transposon system to produce transgenic zebrafish with epinecidin-1 which enhanced resistance to bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:905-17 pubmed publisher..vulnificus 204, interleukin (IL)-10, IL-22, IL-26, lysozyme, toll-like receptor (TLR)1, TLR3, TLR4a, MyD88, and nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB activating protein-like were upregulated, but IL-1beta and tumor ..
- Phelan P, Mellon M, Kim C. Functional characterization of full-length TLR3, IRAK-4, and TRAF6 in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1057-71 pubmed..This study reports the identification and characterization of a full-length orthologue of mammalian TLR3, and the key TLR pathway signaling molecules IRAK-4 and TRAF6 in the zebrafish...
- Meijer A, Gabby Krens S, Medina Rodriguez I, He S, Bitter W, Ewa Snaar Jagalska B, et al. Expression analysis of the Toll-like receptor and TIR domain adaptor families of zebrafish. Mol Immunol. 2004;40:773-83 pubmed..The resulting predictions show the presence of one or more counterparts for the human TLR1, TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR5, TLR7, TLR8, TLR9, IL-1R and IL-18R genes and one copy of the adaptor genes MyD88, MAL, TRIF and SARM...