Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tgfb2
Description: transforming growth factor, beta 2
Alias: transforming growth factor beta-2, tgf beta 2
- Page L, Polok B, Bustamante M, Schorderet D. Bigh3 is upregulated in regenerating zebrafish fin. Zebrafish. 2013;10:36-42 pubmed publisher..We show that upregulation of bigh3 and bambia mRNA correlated with the process of fin regeneration and regulation of TGF-b signaling, suggesting a new role for these proteins. ..
- Tappeiner C, Maurer E, Sallin P, Bise T, Enzmann V, Tschopp M. Inhibition of the TGF? Pathway Enhances Retinal Regeneration in Adult Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167073 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the underlying pathways with the possibility to boost retinal regeneration in adult zebrafish may potentially help to stimulate such proliferation also in other species. ..
- Ma Y, Liu X, Liu Z, Wei S, Shang H, Xue Y, et al. The Chromatin Remodeling Protein Bptf Promotes Posterior Neuroectodermal Fate by Enhancing Smad2-Activated wnt8a Expression. J Neurosci. 2015;35:8493-506 pubmed publisher..We propose that Bptf and TGF-Î²/Smad2 mediate nucleosome remodeling to regulate wnt8a expression and hence neural posteriorization. ..
- Xing C, Gong B, Xue Y, Han Y, Wang Y, Meng A, et al. TGFÎ²1a regulates zebrafish posterior lateral line formation via Smad5 mediated pathway. J Mol Cell Biol. 2015;7:48-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TGFÎ²/Smad5 signaling plays an important role in the zebrafish lateral line formation. ..
- Chablais F, Jazwinska A. The regenerative capacity of the zebrafish heart is dependent on TGF? signaling. Development. 2012;139:1921-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, TGF? signaling orchestrates the beneficial interplay between scar-based repair and cardiomyocyte-based regeneration to achieve complete heart regeneration. ..
- Swartz M, Sheehan Rooney K, Dixon M, Eberhart J. Examination of a palatogenic gene program in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2204-20 pubmed publisher..Functional investigation of a subset of these genes, fgf10a, tgfb2, pax9, and smad5 revealed their necessity in zebrafish palatogenesis...
- Lee W, Chatterjee S, Yap S, Lim S, Xing X, Kraus P, et al. An Integrative Developmental Genomics and Systems Biology Approach to Identify an In Vivo Sox Trio-Mediated Gene Regulatory Network in Murine Embryos. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:8932583 pubmed publisher..trio in the murine model and by Morpholino knockdown in zebrafish and demonstrate the novel role of Tgfb2, Fbxl18, and Tle3 in formation of Sox5, Sox6, and Sox9 dependent tissues...
- Hsu A, Wang D, Gurol T, Zhou W, Zhu X, Lu H, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-722 fine-tunes neutrophilic inflammation by inhibiting Rac2 in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1323-1332 pubmed publisher..Finally, an miR-722 mimic protects zebrafish from lethal lipopolysaccharide challenge. Together, these results provide evidence for and the mechanism of an anti-inflammatory miRNA that restrains detrimental systemic inflammation. ..