Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tgfb1a
Description: transforming growth factor, beta 1a
Alias: ai39657, tgfb1, wu:fb13a07, xx:ai39657, transforming growth factor, beta 1a, transforming growth factor, beta 1
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..An inflammatory cue from oncogenic hepatocytes upon induction of kras(V12) expression causes a rapid recruitment of neutrophils to oncogenic liver and the neutrophils play a promoting role in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Carnevali O, Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Olivotto I, Migliarini B. Melatonin induces follicle maturation in Danio rerio. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19978 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the effects of melatonin in promoting zebrafish reproduction exerting its effects either in the brain-pituitary and in the gonads. ..
- Al Samadi A, Awad S, Tuomainen K, Zhao Y, Salem A, Parikka M, et al. Crosstalk between tongue carcinoma cells, extracellular vesicles, and immune cells in in vitro and in vivo models. Oncotarget. 2017;8:60123-60134 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, the amount of IL-13 mRNA was decreased by SCC-25 EVs. This study describes promising in vitro and in vivo models to investigate interactions between immune cells, cancer cells, and EVs. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin W, Zhang J, Hu Z, Tong J, Ding C, et al. HCV IRES-mediated core expression in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56985 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of the zebrafish model for screening of anti-HCV drugs targeting to HCV-IRES. The zebrafish system provides a novel evidence of using zebrafish as a HCV model organism. ..
- Chablais F, Jazwinska A. The regenerative capacity of the zebrafish heart is dependent on TGF? signaling. Development. 2012;139:1921-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, TGF? signaling orchestrates the beneficial interplay between scar-based repair and cardiomyocyte-based regeneration to achieve complete heart regeneration. ..
- Xing C, Gong B, Xue Y, Han Y, Wang Y, Meng A, et al. TGFÎ²1a regulates zebrafish posterior lateral line formation via Smad5 mediated pathway. J Mol Cell Biol. 2015;7:48-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TGFÎ²/Smad5 signaling plays an important role in the zebrafish lateral line formation. ..
- Zhou Y, Cashman T, Nevis K, Obregon P, Carney S, Liu Y, et al. Latent TGF-? binding protein 3 identifies a second heart field in zebrafish. Nature. 2011;474:645-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover a requirement for ltbp3-TGF-? signalling during zebrafish SHF development, a process that serves to enlarge the single ventricular chamber in this species. ..
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..
- Oksanen K, MyllymÃ¤ki H, Ahava M, MÃ¤kinen L, Parikka M, RÃ¤met M. DNA vaccination boosts Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin protection against mycobacterial infection in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;54:89-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that zebrafish is a useful early-phase preclinical model for studying subunit vaccines designed for boosting the effects of BCG. ..
- Jazwinska A, Badakov R, Keating M. Activin-betaA signaling is required for zebrafish fin regeneration. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1390-5 pubmed..These findings reveal a role of Activin-betaA signaling in the tissue repair after injury and subsequent outgrowth formation during epigenetic regeneration of the vertebrate appendage. ..
- Andreasen E, Mathew L, LOHR C, Hasson R, Tanguay R. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs extracellular matrix remodeling during zebra fish fin regeneration. Toxicol Sci. 2007;95:215-26 pubmed..Quantitative real-time PCR studies revealed that the aryl hydrocarbon pathway is active and that matrix-remodeling genes are expressed in the regenerate following TCDD exposure. ..
- Yumnamcha T, Khan Z, Rajiv C, Devi S, Mondal G, Sanjita Devi H, et al. Interaction of melatonin and gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone on the zebrafish brain-pituitary-reproductive axis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2017;84:389-400 pubmed publisher..The expression of mprb is high in DD ovary, although intra-ovarian growth factors (tgfb1a and bmp15) were low...
- Kohli G, Clelland E, Peng C. Potential targets of transforming growth factor-beta1 during inhibition of oocyte maturation in zebrafish. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:53 pubmed..These findings suggest that TGF-beta1 acts at multiple sites, including LHR, 20beta-HSD and mPR-beta, to inhibit zebrafish oocyte maturation. ..
- Turpeinen H, Oksanen A, Kivinen V, Kukkurainen S, Uusimäki A, Ramet M, et al. Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 7 (PCSK7) is essential for the zebrafish development and bioavailability of transforming growth factor ?1a (TGF?1a). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36610-23 pubmed publisher..Targeting PCSK activity has emerged as a strategy for treating human diseases. Our results suggest that inhibiting PCSK7 might interfere with normal vertebrate development. ..
- McDonald T, Pascual A, Uppalapati C, Cooper K, Leyva K, Hull E. Zebrafish keratocyte explant cultures as a wound healing model system: differential gene expression & morphological changes support epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:1815-27 pubmed publisher..These data establish that an EMT process is occurring during zebrafish keratocyte explant culture and support the use of this system as a wound healing model. ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Wallace K, Dolan A, Seiler C, Smith E, Yusuff S, Chaille Arnold L, et al. Mutation of smooth muscle myosin causes epithelial invasion and cystic expansion of the zebrafish intestine. Dev Cell. 2005;8:717-26 pubmed..Furthermore, they suggest that high-throughput screens to identify regulators of cancer cell invasion may be feasible in zebrafish. ..
- Wang Z, Nishimura Y, Shimada Y, Umemoto N, Hirano M, Zang L, et al. Zebrafish beta-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression and control of pigmentation. Gene. 2009;446:18-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that adrb2a may regulate pigmentation, partly by modulating F1F0-ATPase. ..
- Sun H, Li D, Chen S, Liu Y, Liao X, Deng W, et al. Zili inhibits transforming growth factor-beta signaling by interacting with Smad4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4243-50 pubmed publisher..This work shows that zili plays a role in early embryogenesis beyond germ line as a novel negative regulator of TGF-beta signaling, extending the function of Piwi proteins in vertebrates. ..
- Turola E, Petta S, Vanni E, Milosa F, Valenti L, Critelli R, et al. Ovarian senescence increases liver fibrosis in humans and zebrafish with steatosis. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:1037-46 pubmed publisher..Ovarian senescence significantly increases the risk of fibrosis severity both in humans with NAFLD and in zebrafish with experimental steatosis. ..
- Chen C, Liu W, Wang L, Li J, Chen Y, Jin J, et al. Pathological damage and immunomodulatory effects of zebrafish exposed to microcystin-LR. Toxicon. 2016;118:13-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings provided strong evidence of the recovery potential of fish exposed to microcystins. ..
- Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Lombardo F, Bizzaro D, Olivotto I, Carnevali O. Increase of fecundity by probiotic administration in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Reproduction. 2010;140:953-9 pubmed publisher..with a decreased transcription of genes coding for local factors which prevent oocyte maturation, such as tgfb1, gdf9, and bmp15. In conclusion, all these findings highlight the action of L...
- Ojanen M, Turpeinen H, Cordova Z, HammarÃ©n M, Harjula S, Parikka M, et al. The proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin furinA regulates zebrafish host response against Mycobacterium marinum. Infect Immun. 2015;83:1431-42 pubmed publisher..marinum infection model. Our data show that upregulated furinA expression can serve as a marker for mycobacterial disease, since it inhibits early host responses and consequently promotes bacterial growth in a chronic infection. ..
- Hui S, Sengupta D, Lee S, Sen T, Kundu S, Mathavan S, et al. Genome wide expression profiling during spinal cord regeneration identifies comprehensive cellular responses in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84212 pubmed publisher..The data highlights the importance of different event specific gene expression that could be better understood and manipulated further to induce successful regeneration in mammals...
- Maehr T, Costa M, Vecino J, Wadsworth S, Martin S, Wang T, et al. Transforming growth factor-?1b: a second TGF-?1 paralogue in the rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) that has a lower constitutive expression but is more responsive to immune stimulation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:420-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is likely the TGF-?1b gene represents a copy which fulfils the major immune orchestrating functions of TGF-?1 as seen in other vertebrates. ..
- Drabsch Y, He S, Zhang L, Snaar Jagalska B, Ten Dijke P. Transforming growth factor-? signalling controls human breast cancer metastasis in a zebrafish xenograft model. Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R106 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish-embryonic breast cancer xenograft model is applicable for the mechanistic understanding, screening and development of anti-TGF-? drugs for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in a timely and cost-effective manner. ..
- Tan B, Pascual A, de Beus A, Cooper K, Hull E. TGF? (transforming growth factor ?) and keratocyte motility in 24 h zebrafish explant cultures. Cell Biol Int. 2011;35:1131-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that expression of TGF? and its receptor are up-regulated during zebrafish keratocyte explant culture and that TGF? promotes fish keratocyte migration. ..
- Hsu A, Wang D, Gurol T, Zhou W, Zhu X, Lu H, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-722 fine-tunes neutrophilic inflammation by inhibiting Rac2 in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1323-1332 pubmed publisher..Finally, an miR-722 mimic protects zebrafish from lethal lipopolysaccharide challenge. Together, these results provide evidence for and the mechanism of an anti-inflammatory miRNA that restrains detrimental systemic inflammation. ..
- Page L, Polok B, Bustamante M, Schorderet D. Bigh3 is upregulated in regenerating zebrafish fin. Zebrafish. 2013;10:36-42 pubmed publisher..We show that upregulation of bigh3 and bambia mRNA correlated with the process of fin regeneration and regulation of TGF-b signaling, suggesting a new role for these proteins. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu K, Hassan H, Guo H, Ding P, Han L, et al. Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Deficiency Provokes Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Mediated Hepatotoxicity Induced by Pyrazinamide in Zebrafish Larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7347-7356 pubmed
- Tan Q, Balofsky A, Weisz K, Peng C. Role of activin, transforming growth factor-beta and bone morphogenetic protein 15 in regulating zebrafish oocyte maturation. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;153:18-23 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that activin-A, TGF-beta1, and BMP-15 may target common gene(s) to regulate oocyte maturation and demonstrate that Smad2 plays an important role in oocyte maturation. ..
- Abrial M, Paffett Lugassy N, Jeffrey S, Jordan D, O Loughlin E, Frederick C, et al. TGF-? Signaling Is Necessary and Sufficient for Pharyngeal Arch Artery Angioblast Formation. Cell Rep. 2017;20:973-983 pubmed publisher..More broadly, these data uncover TGF-? as a rare signaling pathway that is necessary and sufficient for angioblast lineage commitment. ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Yang Q, Yan C, Yin C, Gong Z. Serotonin Activated Hepatic Stellate Cells Contribute to Sex Disparity in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;3:484-499 pubmed publisher..Analysis of liver disease patient samples showed similar male predominant serotonin accumulation and Tgfb1 expression...
- Yan C, Yang Q, Shen H, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z. Chronically high level of tgfb1a induction causes both hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma via a dominant Erk pathway in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2017;8:77096-77109 pubmed publisher..Then we developed tgfb1a transgenic zebrafish for inducible, hepatocyte-specific expression...
- Wyatt L, Wadham C, Crocker L, Lardelli M, Khew Goodall Y. The protein tyrosine phosphatase Pez regulates TGFbeta, epithelial-mesenchymal transition, and organ development. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:1223-35 pubmed..Together, our data suggest Pez plays a crucial role in organogenesis by inducing TGFbeta and EMT. ..
- Zhang Y, Li X, Qi J, Wang J, Liu X, Zhang H, et al. Rock2 controls TGFbeta signaling and inhibits mesoderm induction in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2197-207 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data have unraveled previously unidentified functions of Rock2, in controlling TGFbeta signaling as well as in regulating embryonic patterning. ..
- MarÃn Juez R, Rovira M, Crespo D, van der Vaart M, Spaink H, Planas J. GLUT2-mediated glucose uptake and availability are required for embryonic brain development in zebrafish. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015;35:74-85 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that glut2 has an essential role during brain development by facilitating the uptake and availability of glucose and support the involvement of glut2 in brain glucose sensing. ..