Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tfa
Alias: cb285, gavi, id:ibd3238, id:ibd3525, sb:cb285, trf, wu:fb57g06, wu:fb62h02, wu:fb63h10, wu:fb64h10, zgc:112154, serotransferrin, transferrin
- Wan H, Korzh S, Li Z, Mudumana S, Korzh V, Jiang Y, et al. Analyses of pancreas development by generation of gfp transgenic zebrafish using an exocrine pancreas-specific elastaseA gene promoter. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1526-39 pubmed..Thus, our works demonstrated the new transgenic line provided a useful experimental tool in analyzing exocrine pancreas development...
- Sandoval I, Manos E, Van Wagoner R, Delacruz R, Edes K, Winge D, et al. Juxtaposition of chemical and mutation-induced developmental defects in zebrafish reveal a copper-chelating activity for kalihinol F. Chem Biol. 2013;20:753-63 pubmed publisher..Our data support this mechanism of action for kalihinol F and the utility of zebrafish as an effective system for identifying therapeutic and target pathways. ..
- Fan C, Zhang S, Liu Z, Li L, Luan J, Saren G. Identification and expression of a novel class of glutathione-S-transferase from amphioxus Branchiostoma belcheri with implications to the origin of vertebrate liver. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;39:450-61 pubmed..The relation between the glutathione-S-transferase expression in amphioxus hepatic caecum and the origin of vertebrate liver is also discussed. ..
- Alexa K, Choe S, Hirsch N, Etheridge L, Laver E, SAGERSTROM C. Maternal and zygotic aldh1a2 activity is required for pancreas development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8261 pubmed publisher..in the mutant, with varying degrees of residual expression observed for pdx1, carbA, hhex, prox1, sid4, transferrin and ifabp. In addition, mutant embryos display a swollen pericardium and lack fin buds...
- Rai K, Chidester S, Zavala C, Manos E, James S, Karpf A, et al. Dnmt2 functions in the cytoplasm to promote liver, brain, and retina development in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2007;21:261-6 pubmed..Furthermore, zebrafish Dnmt2 methylates an RNA species of approximately 80 bases, consistent with tRNA methylation. Thus, Dnmt2 promotes zebrafish development, likely through cytoplasmic RNA methylation. ..
- Krishnaraj C, Harper S, Yun S. In Vivo toxicological assessment of biologically synthesized silver nanoparticles in adult Zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;301:480-91 pubmed publisher..effects the mRNA expression of stress related (MTF-1, HSP70) and immune response related (TLR4, NFKB, IL1B, CEBP, TRF, TLR22) genes were analyzed in liver tissues and the results clearly concluded that the plant extract mediated ..
- Li G, Xie P, Fu J, Hao L, Xiong Q, Li H. Microcystin-induced variations in transcription of GSTs in an omnivorous freshwater fish, goldfish. Aquat Toxicol. 2008;88:75-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the transcription of GST isoforms varied in different ways within an organ and among organs of goldfish exposed to MCs. ..
- Lu A, Hu X, Wang Y, Shen X, Zhu A, Shen L, et al. Comparative analysis of the acute response of zebrafish Danio rerio skin to two different bacterial infections. J Aquat Anim Health. 2013;25:243-51 pubmed publisher..Compared with transcription patterns of skin from the two infections, a similar innate immunity (e.g., transferrin, coagulation factor, complements, and lectins) was observed but with different acute-phase genes (e.g...
- Nishimura Y, Sasagawa S, Ariyoshi M, Ichikawa S, Shimada Y, Kawaguchi K, et al. Systems pharmacology of adiposity reveals inhibition of EP300 as a common therapeutic mechanism of caloric restriction and resveratrol for obesity. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:199 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the inhibition of EP300 might be a common therapeutic mechanism between CR and RSV in adipose tissues of obese individuals. ..
- Howarth D, Yin C, Yeh K, Sadler K. Defining hepatic dysfunction parameters in two models of fatty liver disease in zebrafish larvae. Zebrafish. 2013;10:199-210 pubmed publisher..This study provides a panel of parameters to assess liver disease that can be easily applied to zebrafish mutants, transgenics, and for drug screening in which liver function is an important consideration. ..
- Cortelazzo A, Pietri T, De Felice C, Leoncini S, Guerranti R, Signorini C, et al. Proteomic analysis of the Rett syndrome experimental model mecp2Q63X mutant zebrafish. J Proteomics. 2017;154:128-133 pubmed publisher..This non-mammalian vertebrate model of RTT strongly suggests a broad impact of Mecp2 dysfunction. ..
- Mercer S, Odelberg S, Simon H. A dynamic spatiotemporal extracellular matrix facilitates epicardial-mediated vertebrate heart regeneration. Dev Biol. 2013;382:457-69 pubmed publisher..Thus, the engineering of nature-tested extracellular matrices may provide new strategic opportunities for the enhancement of regenerative responses in mammals...
- Hagenaars A, Vergauwen L, Benoot D, Laukens K, Knapen D. Mechanistic toxicity study of perfluorooctanoic acid in zebrafish suggests mitochondrial dysfunction to play a key role in PFOA toxicity. Chemosphere. 2013;91:844-56 pubmed publisher..Despite this increase in metabolic expenditure, no effects on reproduction were found indicating that the fish seemed to cope with exposure to the tested concentrations of PFOA during the exposure period of 1 month. ..
- Li Z, Korzh V, Gong Z. Localized rbp4 expression in the yolk syncytial layer plays a role in yolk cell extension and early liver development. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:117 pubmed..YSL-expressed Rbp4 plays a role in formation of both yolk extension and liver bud, the latter may also require migration of liver progenitor cells. ..
- Heiden T, Struble C, Rise M, Hessner M, Hutz R, Carvan M. Molecular targets of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) within the zebrafish ovary: insights into TCDD-induced endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicity. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;25:47-57 pubmed..Data presented here provide further insight into the mechanisms by which TCDD disrupts follicular development and reproduction in fish, and can be used to formulate new hypotheses regarding previously documented ovarian toxicity. ..
- Manfroid I, Ghaye A, Naye F, Detry N, Palm S, Pan L, et al. Zebrafish sox9b is crucial for hepatopancreatic duct development and pancreatic endocrine cell regeneration. Dev Biol. 2012;366:268-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, beta cell recovery after specific ablation is severely compromised in sox9b mutant larvae. Our data position sox9b as a key player in the generation of secondary endocrine cells deriving from pancreatic ducts in zebrafish...
- Oyarbide U, Iturria I, Rainieri S, Pardo M. Use of gnotobiotic zebrafish to study Vibrio anguillarum pathogenicity. Zebrafish. 2015;12:71-80 pubmed publisher..immune system was detected through the suppression of a number of innate immune genes (NFKB, IL1B, TLR4, MPX, and TRF) during the first 3 h post infection...
- Matthews R, Lorent K, Mañoral Mobias R, Huang Y, Gong W, Murray I, et al. TNFalpha-dependent hepatic steatosis and liver degeneration caused by mutation of zebrafish S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase. Development. 2009;136:865-75 pubmed publisher..Supporting this idea, hepatic injury and steatosis have been noted in patients with recently discovered AHCY mutations. ..
- Passeri M, Cinaroglu A, Gao C, Sadler K. Hepatic steatosis in response to acute alcohol exposure in zebrafish requires sterol regulatory element binding protein activation. Hepatology. 2009;49:443-52 pubmed publisher..Srebp activation is required for steatosis in this model. The tractability of zebrafish genetics provides a valuable tool for dissecting the molecular pathogenesis of acute ALD. ..
- Hong S, Dawid I. Alpha2 macroglobulin-like is essential for liver development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3736 pubmed publisher..This report on A2ML function in zebrafish development provides the first evidence for a specific role of an A2M family gene in liver formation during early embryogenesis in a vertebrate. ..
- Haggard D, Noyes P, Waters K, Tanguay R. Phenotypically anchored transcriptome profiling of developmental exposure to the antimicrobial agent, triclosan, reveals hepatotoxicity in embryonic zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;308:32-45 pubmed publisher..We observed similarities in gene expression and hepatic steatosis assays; however, hit data for TCS were more concordant with the hypothesized CAR/PXR activity of TCS from rodent and human in vitro studies. ..
- Bosworth C, Chou C, Cole R, Rees B. Protein expression patterns in zebrafish skeletal muscle: initial characterization and the effects of hypoxic exposure. Proteomics. 2005;5:1362-71 pubmed..The difference between protein and mRNA expression illustrates the need to integrate both measures for a more complete understanding of gene expression in fish during hypoxic exposure. ..
- Lin B, Chen S, Cao Z, Lin Y, Mo D, Zhang H, et al. Acute phase response in zebrafish upon Aeromonas salmonicida and Staphylococcus aureus infection: striking similarities and obvious differences with mammals. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:295-301 pubmed..Our results constitute the first demonstration of a similar while different immune response in zebrafish and open new avenues for the investigation of evolutionary conserved and fish specific mechanisms of innate immunity...
- Chen J, Ruan H, Ng S, Gao C, Soo H, Wu W, et al. Loss of function of def selectively up-regulates Delta113p53 expression to arrest expansion growth of digestive organs in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2900-11 pubmed
- Babaei F, Ramalingam R, Tavendale A, Liang Y, Yan L, Ajuh P, et al. Novel blood collection method allows plasma proteome analysis from single zebrafish. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:1580-90 pubmed publisher..Twenty-seven gender-dependent plasma proteins are identified and their biochemical importance discussed. Taken together, this novel technique enables analyses that were previously difficult to perform on zebrafish blood. ..
- Nissim S, Sherwood R, Wucherpfennig J, Saunders D, Harris J, Esain V, et al. Prostaglandin E2 regulates liver versus pancreas cell-fate decisions and endodermal outgrowth. Dev Cell. 2014;28:423-37 pubmed publisher..This work provides in vivo evidence that PGE2 may act as a morphogen to regulate cell-fate decisions and outgrowth of the embryonic endodermal anlagen. ..
- Gibert Y, Lattanzi V, Zhen A, Vedder L, Brunet F, Faasse S, et al. BMP signaling modulates hepcidin expression in zebrafish embryos independent of hemojuvelin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14553 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support an alternative mechanism for hepcidin regulation during zebrafish embryonic development, which is independent of hjv. ..
- Matthews R, Lorent K, Pack M. Transcription factor onecut3 regulates intrahepatic biliary development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:124-31 pubmed..Knockdown of hnf6 in wild-type zebrafish larvae also significantly reduced oc3 expression, suggesting a complex interaction between onecut family member proteins during the latter stages of zebrafish biliary development. ..
- Wilkins B, Gong W, Pack M. A novel keratin18 promoter that drives reporter gene expression in the intrahepatic and extrahepatic biliary system allows isolation of cell-type specific transcripts from zebrafish liver. Gene Expr Patterns. 2014;14:62-8 pubmed publisher..Future studies utilizing these reagents will enhance our understanding of the morphologic and molecular processes involved in biliary development and disease. ..
- Rojo I, de Ilárduya O, Estonba A, Pardo M. Innate immune gene expression in individual zebrafish after Listonella anguillarum inoculation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:1285-93 pubmed..Finally, some genes (Transferrin, Myeloid-specific Peroxidase and Tumour Necrosis Factor alpha) were upregulated at 22 hpi...
- Rajarao S, Canfield V, Mohideen M, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Cheng K, et al. The repertoire of Na,K-ATPase alpha and beta subunit genes expressed in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Genome Res. 2001;11:1211-20 pubmed..Our studies form a framework for analyzing structure function relationships for sodium pump isoforms using reverse genetic approaches. ..
- Olasagasti M, Gatti A, Capitani F, Barranco A, Pardo M, Escuredo K, et al. Toxic effects of colloidal nanosilver in zebrafish embryos. J Appl Toxicol. 2014;34:562-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the addition of this compound to commercial products should take into consideration the Ag NP solubilization media. ..
- Cox A, Saunders D, Kelsey P, Conway A, Tesmenitsky Y, Marchini J, et al. S-nitrosothiol signaling regulates liver development and improves outcome following toxic liver injury. Cell Rep. 2014;6:56-69 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that GSNOR inhibitors will be beneficial therapeutic candidates for treating liver injury...
- Metelo A, Noonan H, Li X, Jin Y, Baker R, Kamentsky L, et al. Pharmacological HIF2Î± inhibition improves VHL disease-associated phenotypes in zebrafish model. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1987-97 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that small-molecule targeting of HIF2Î± improves VHL-related phenotypes in a vertebrate animal model and supports further exploration of this strategy for treating VHL disease. ..
- Nissim S, Weeks O, Talbot J, Hedgepeth J, Wucherpfennig J, Schatzman Bone S, et al. Iterative use of nuclear receptor Nr5a2 regulates multiple stages of liver and pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:108-123 pubmed publisher..These findings define critical iterative and pleiotropic roles for Nr5a2 at distinct stages of pancreas and liver organogenesis, and provide novel perspectives for interpreting the role of Nr5a2 in disease. ..
- Lu A, Hu X, Xue J, Zhu J, Wang Y, Zhou G. Gene expression profiling in the skin of zebrafish infected with Citrobacter freundii. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:273-83 pubmed publisher..g., interferon, lectin, heat shock proteins, complements), and several different acute phase proteins (transferrin, ceruloplasmin, vitellogenin and alpha-1-microglobulin, etc.) were detected in zebrafish skin...
- Liu L, Alexa K, Cortes M, Schatzman Bone S, Kim A, Mukhopadhyay B, et al. Cannabinoid receptor signaling regulates liver development and metabolism. Development. 2016;143:609-22 pubmed publisher..Our work describes a novel developmental role for EC signaling, whereby Cnr-mediated regulation of Srebfs and methionine metabolism impacts liver development and function. ..
- Cao J, Navis A, Cox B, Dickson A, Gemberling M, Karra R, et al. Single epicardial cell transcriptome sequencing identifies Caveolin 1 as an essential factor in zebrafish heart regeneration. Development. 2016;143:232-43 pubmed publisher..Our study defines a new platform for the discovery of epicardial lineage markers, genetic tools, and mechanisms of heart regeneration. ..
- Garcia Reyero N, Escalon B, Prats E, Stanley J, Thienpont B, Melby N, et al. Effects of BDE-209 contaminated sediments on zebrafish development and potential implications to human health. Environ Int. 2014;63:216-23 pubmed publisher..Once accumulated, our data also show that BDE-209 has the potential to cause impacts on both human and environmental health. ..
- Rikin A, Evans T. The tbx/bHLH transcription factor mga regulates gata4 and organogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:535-47 pubmed publisher..Transcript profiling experiments show that mga functions early to influence key regulators of mesendoderm, including tbx6, cas, and sox17. ..
- Gonçalves A, Neves J, Coimbra J, Rodrigues P, Vijayan M, Wilson J. Cortisol plays a role in the high environmental ammonia associated suppression of the immune response in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;249:32-39 pubmed publisher..and suppressor of cytokine signaling (socs-1a, 2, 3) and acute phase response genes [serum amyloid A (saa), transferrin (tfa), leukocyte cell-derived chemotaxin 2-like (lect2l), haptoglobin (hp), hepcidin (=hepatic anti-microbial ..
- Hurem S, Martín L, Brede D, Skjerve E, Nourizadeh Lillabadi R, Lind O, et al. Dose-dependent effects of gamma radiation on the early zebrafish development and gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179259 pubmed publisher..The present findings show that continuous gamma irradiation (? 0.54 mGy/h) during early gastrula causes gene expression changes that are linked to developmental defects in zebrafish embryos. ..