Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tbx2b
Description: T-box 2b
Alias: hm:zeh1581, tbx-c, tbx2, tbxc, zeh1581, T-box transcription factor TBX2b, T-box gene C, T-box protein 2b, fby, lor
- Alvarez Delfin K, Morris A, Snelson C, Gamse J, Gupta T, Marlow F, et al. Tbx2b is required for ultraviolet photoreceptor cell specification during zebrafish retinal development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2023-8 pubmed publisher..Linkage analysis and genetic-complementation testing indicate that lor is an allele of tbx2b/fby (from beyond)...
- Tong X, Zu Y, Li Z, Li W, Ying L, Yang J, et al. Kctd10 regulates heart morphogenesis by repressing the transcriptional activity of Tbx5a in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3153 pubmed publisher..In the mutant, the expressions of the atrioventricular canal marker genes, such as tbx2b, hyaluronan synthase 2 (has2), notch1b and bmp4, are changed...
- Ahuja S, Dogra D, Stainier D, Reischauer S. Id4 functions downstream of Bmp signaling to restrict TCF function in endocardial cells during atrioventricular valve development. Dev Biol. 2016;412:71-82 pubmed publisher..We further show that id4 appears to control the number of endocardial cells that contribute to the AV valves by regulating Wnt signaling in the developing AVC endocardium. ..
- Li J, Yue Y, Zhao Q. Retinoic Acid Signaling Is Essential for Valvulogenesis by Affecting Endocardial Cushions Formation in Zebrafish Embryos. Zebrafish. 2016;13:9-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that RA signaling plays essential roles in zebrafish cardiac valvulogenesis. ..
- de Pater E, Ciampricotti M, Priller F, Veerkamp J, Strate I, Smith K, et al. Bmp signaling exerts opposite effects on cardiac differentiation. Circ Res. 2012;110:578-87 pubmed publisher..Bmp signaling exerts opposing effects on myocardial differentiation in the embryo by promoting as well as inhibiting cardiac growth. ..
- Kolpa H, Peal D, Lynch S, Giokas A, Ghatak S, Misra S, et al. miR-21 represses Pdcd4 during cardiac valvulogenesis. Development. 2013;140:2172-80 pubmed publisher..PDCD4 knockdown alone was sufficient to enhance endothelial cell migration. These results demonstrate that miR-21 plays a necessary role in cardiac valvulogenesis, in large part due to an obligatory downregulation of PDCD4. ..
- Drummond B, Li Y, Marra A, Cheng C, Wingert R. The tbx2a/b transcription factors direct pronephros segmentation and corpuscle of Stannius formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2017;421:52-66 pubmed publisher..whole mount in situ hybridization, we found that transcripts of the zebrafish genes t-box 2a (tbx2a) and t-box 2b (tbx2b), which belong to the T-box family of transcription factors, were expressed in the caudal intermediate mesoderm ..
- Dheen T, Sleptsova Friedrich I, Xu Y, Clark M, Lehrach H, Gong Z, et al. Zebrafish tbx-c functions during formation of midline structures. Development. 1999;126:2703-13 pubmed..These data and analysis of midline (ntl-/- and flh-/-) and lateral mesoderm (spt-/-) mutants suggest that tbx-c may function during formation of the notochord. ..
- Duval M, Oel A, Allison W. gdf6a is required for cone photoreceptor subtype differentiation and for the actions of tbx2b in determining rod versus cone photoreceptor fate. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92991 pubmed publisher..murine models, we instead utilize cone-rich zebrafish and herein investigate relationships between gdf6a and tbx2b in cone photoreceptor development...
- Armas P, Margarit E, Mouguelar V, Allende M, Calcaterra N. Beyond the binding site: in vivo identification of tbx2, smarca5 and wnt5b as molecular targets of CNBP during embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63234 pubmed publisher..We successfully confirmed that CNBP up-regulates tbx2b and smarca5, and down-regulates wnt5b gene expression...
- Raymond P, Colvin S, Jabeen Z, Nagashima M, Barthel L, Hadidjojo J, et al. Patterning the cone mosaic array in zebrafish retina requires specification of ultraviolet-sensitive cones. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85325 pubmed publisher..Genetic disruption of the transcription factor Tbx2b eliminates most of the cone subtype maximally sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) wavelengths and also perturbs the long-..
- Wu S, de Borsetti N, Bain E, Bulow C, Gamse J. Mediator subunit 12 coordinates intrinsic and extrinsic control of epithalamic development. Dev Biol. 2014;385:13-22 pubmed publisher..We find that the timely expression of one of these transcription factors, tbx2b, is controlled by Med12 and is vital for parapineal specification...
- Khuansuwan S, Gamse J. Identification of differentially expressed genes during development of the zebrafish pineal complex using RNA sequencing. Dev Biol. 2014;395:144-53 pubmed publisher..by isolating RNA from fluorescence activated cell sorted (FAC sorted) pineal complex neurons in wild-type and tbx2b knockdown embryos at 24 hours post-fertilization...
- Patra C, Diehl F, Ferrazzi F, van Amerongen M, Novoyatleva T, Schaefer L, et al. Nephronectin regulates atrioventricular canal differentiation via Bmp4-Has2 signaling in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4499-509 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of myocardial genes involved in cardiac valve formation (cspg2, fibulin 1, tbx2b, bmp4) is expanded and endocardial cells along the extended tube-like structure exhibit characteristics of AV ..
- Lee E, Koo Y, Ng A, Wei Y, Luby Phelps K, Juraszek A, et al. Autophagy is essential for cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development. Autophagy. 2014;10:572-87 pubmed publisher..aberrant valve development, and ectopic expression of critical transcription factors including foxn4, tbx5, and tbx2. Consistent with these results, Atg5-deficient mice displayed abnormal Tbx2 expression and defects in valve ..
- Pyati U, Cooper M, Davidson A, Nechiporuk A, Kimelman D. Sustained Bmp signaling is essential for cloaca development in zebrafish. Development. 2006;133:2275-84 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that alterations in Bmp signaling are one possible cause of anorectal malformations during human embryogenesis...
- Smith K, Lagendijk A, Courtney A, Chen H, Paterson S, Hogan B, et al. Transmembrane protein 2 (Tmem2) is required to regionally restrict atrioventricular canal boundary and endocardial cushion development. Development. 2011;138:4193-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that immature AVC expansion in wkm mutants is rescued by depleting Bmp4, indicating that Tmem2 restricts bmp4 expression to delimit the AVC primordium during cardiac development. ..
- David A, Margarit E, Domizi P, Banchio C, Armas P, Calcaterra N. G-quadruplexes as novel cis-elements controlling transcription during embryonic development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:4163-73 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first work revealing in vivo the role of conserved G-quadruplexes in the embryonic development, one of the most regulated processes of the vertebrates biology. ..
- Smith K, Noël E, Thurlings I, Rehmann H, Chocron S, Bakkers J. Bmp and nodal independently regulate lefty1 expression to maintain unilateral nodal activity during left-right axis specification in zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002289 pubmed publisher..When nodal flow has been established and Nodal activity is apparent, both Nodal and Bmp independently are required for lefty1 expression to assure unilateral Nodal activation and correct LR patterning. ..
- Horton A, Mahadevan N, Minguillon C, Osoegawa K, Rokhsar D, Ruvinsky I, et al. Conservation of linkage and evolution of developmental function within the Tbx2/3/4/5 subfamily of T-box genes: implications for the origin of vertebrate limbs. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:613-28 pubmed publisher..The Tbx2/3/4/5 subfamily genes are especially interesting because of their key roles in the evolution of vertebrate ..
- Torregroza I, Holtzinger A, Mendelson K, Liu T, Hla T, Evans T. Regulation of a vascular plexus by gata4 is mediated in zebrafish through the chemokine sdf1a. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46844 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that the gata4 gene regulates sdf1a levels during early embryogenesis, which impacts embryonic patterning and subsequently the development of the caudal vascular plexus. ..
- Begemann G, Schilling T, Rauch G, Geisler R, Ingham P. The zebrafish neckless mutation reveals a requirement for raldh2 in mesodermal signals that pattern the hindbrain. Development. 2001;128:3081-94 pubmed
- Snelson C, Burkart J, Gamse J. Formation of the asymmetric pineal complex in zebrafish requires two independently acting transcription factors. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3538-44 pubmed publisher..The from beyond (fby) mutation, a premature stop codon in the T-domain-containing protein Tbx2b, disrupts formation of the parapineal while leaving the pineal largely intact...
- Parrie L, Renfrew E, Wal A, Mueller R, Garrity D. Zebrafish tbx5 paralogs demonstrate independent essential requirements in cardiac and pectoral fin development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:485-502 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that, despite similar spatio-temporal expression patterns, tbx5a and tbx5b have independent functions in heart and fin development. ..
- Jensen B, Boukens B, Postma A, Gunst Q, van den Hoff M, Moorman A, et al. Identifying the evolutionary building blocks of the cardiac conduction system. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44231 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers the evolutionary building plan of heart and indicates that the building blocks of the conduction system of adult ectothermic vertebrates and embryos of endotherms are similar. ..
- Tessadori F, van Weerd J, Burkhard S, Verkerk A, de Pater E, Boukens B, et al. Identification and functional characterization of cardiac pacemaker cells in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47644 pubmed publisher..patterns in the embryonic and adult zebrafish heart led us to uncover a previously unidentified, Isl1-positive and Tbx2b-positive region in the myocardium at the junction of the sinus venosus and atrium...
- Esterberg R, Fritz A. dlx3b/4b are required for the formation of the preplacodal region and otic placode through local modulation of BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2009;325:189-99 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the mechanisms of PPR specification as well as the role of dlx3b/4b function in PPR and otic placode induction. ..
- Khuansuwan S, Clanton J, Dean B, Patton J, Gamse J. A transcription factor network controls cell migration and fate decisions in the developing zebrafish pineal complex. Development. 2016;143:2641-50 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor Tbx2b is important for both the correct number and migration of parapineal neurons...
- Just S, Hirth S, Berger I, Fishman M, Rottbauer W. The mediator complex subunit Med10 regulates heart valve formation in zebrafish by controlling Tbx2b-mediated Has2 expression and cardiac jelly formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:581-588 pubmed publisher..Expression of the T-box transcription factor 2b (Tbx2b), known to be essential in cardiac valve development, is severely reduced in png mutant hearts...
- Wang Y, Qian L, Liu D, Yao L, Jiang Q, Yu Z, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 acts upstream of myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2a to control embryonic cardiac contractility. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;74:290-303 pubmed
- Baranowska KÃ¶rberg I, Hofmeister W, Markljung E, Cao J, Nilsson D, Ludwig M, et al. WNT3 involvement in human bladder exstrophy and cloaca development in zebrafish. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:5069-78 pubmed publisher..638G>A (p.Gly213Asp), which was paternally inherited. In aggregate our data support the involvement of WNT-pathway genes in BEEC and suggest that WNT3 in itself is a rare cause of BEEC. ..
- Totong R, Schell T, Lescroart F, Ryckebusch L, Lin Y, Zygmunt T, et al. The novel transmembrane protein Tmem2 is essential for coordination of myocardial and endocardial morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4199-205 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal that Tmem2 is an essential mediator of myocardium-endocardium coordination during cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Donat S, Lourenço M, Paolini A, Otten C, Renz M, Abdelilah Seyfried S. Heg1 and Ccm1/2 proteins control endocardial mechanosensitivity during zebrafish valvulogenesis. elife. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..Hence, the correct balance of blood-flow-dependent induction and Krit1 protein-mediated repression of klf2a and notch1b ultimately shapes cardiac valve leaflet morphology. ..
- Camarata T, Krcmery J, Snyder D, Park S, Topczewski J, Simon H. Pdlim7 (LMP4) regulation of Tbx5 specifies zebrafish heart atrio-ventricular boundary and valve formation. Dev Biol. 2010;337:233-45 pubmed publisher..We show that Pdlim7/Tbx5 interactions affect the expression of Tbx5 target genes nppa and tbx2b at the AV boundary, and their domains of misexpression directly correlate with the identified valve defects...
- Lelièvre E, Benayoun B, Mahieu L, Roger J, Sahel J, Sennlaub F, et al. A regulatory domain is required for Foxn4 activity during retinogenesis. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;46:315-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study demonstrates that the domain between amino acids 402 and 455 is necessary for Foxn4 transcriptional activity both in vitro and in the retina. ..
- Langenbacher A, Nguyen C, Cavanaugh A, Huang J, Lu F, Chen J. The PAF1 complex differentially regulates cardiomyocyte specification. Dev Biol. 2011;353:19-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate critical but differential requirements for PAF1C components in zebrafish cardiac specification and heart morphogenesis. ..
- Dickover M, Hegarty J, Ly K, Lopez D, Yang H, Zhang R, et al. The atypical Rho GTPase, RhoU, regulates cell-adhesion molecules during cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2014;389:182-91 pubmed publisher..Failure to properly form these cell adhesions during cardiac development may lead to structural heart defects and mechanistically account for the cellular events that occur in certain human congenital heart diseases. ..
- Morris A, Scholz T, Brockerhoff S, Fadool J. Genetic dissection reveals two separate pathways for rod and cone regeneration in the teleost retina. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:605-19 pubmed publisher..These two genetic models therefore offer new opportunities for investigating the molecular mechanisms of selective degeneration and regeneration of rods and cones. ..
- Weiner A, Scampoli N, Calcaterra N. Fishing the molecular bases of Treacher Collins syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29574 pubmed publisher..This experimental condition may facilitate the study of the disease etiology during embryonic development. ..
- Sedletcaia A, Evans T. Heart chamber size in zebrafish is regulated redundantly by duplicated tbx2 genes. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1548-57 pubmed publisherThe Tbx2 transcription factor is implicated in growth control based on its association with human cancers. In the heart, Tbx2 represses cardiac differentiation to mediate development of the atrioventricular canal (AVC)...
- Cavanaugh A, Huang J, Chen J. Two developmentally distinct populations of neural crest cells contribute to the zebrafish heart. Dev Biol. 2015;404:103-12 pubmed publisher..These findings add to our understanding of the contribution of neural crest cells to the developing heart and provide insights into the requirement for these cells in cardiac maturation. ..
- Banjo T, Grajcarek J, Yoshino D, Osada H, Miyasaka K, Kida Y, et al. Haemodynamically dependent valvulogenesis of zebrafish heart is mediated by flow-dependent expression of miR-21. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1978 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-21 is a central component of a flow-controlled mechanotransduction system in a physicogenetic regulatory loop. ..
- Ryan K, Chin A. T-box genes and cardiac development. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2003;69:25-37 pubmed..These developments prompted us to review the current understanding of the contribution of T-box genes to cardiovascular morphogenesis. ..
- Novales Flamarique I. Diminished foraging performance of a mutant zebrafish with reduced population of ultraviolet cones. Proc Biol Sci. 2016;283:20160058 pubmed publisher..In this study, I used the zebrafish lor (lots of rods) mutant, characterized by a diminished UV cone population compared to that of wild-type zebrafish, to ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Koun S, Ham H, Kim M, Rhee M, et al. Zebrafish Crip2 plays a critical role in atrioventricular valve development by downregulating the expression of ECM genes in the endocardial cushion. Mol Cells. 2014;37:406-11 pubmed publisher..synthase 2 (has2) was highly upregulated, but the expression of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (bmp4) and T-box 2b (tbx2b) in the myocardium and of notch1b in the endocardium in the AVC did not change...
- Wang X, Yu Q, Wu Q, Bu Y, Chang N, Yan S, et al. Genetic interaction between pku300 and fbn2b controls endocardial cell proliferation and valve development in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1381-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that pku300 and fbn2b represent the few genes capable of regulating endocardial cell proliferation and signaling in zebrafish cardiac valve development. ..
- Pavlou S, Astell K, Kasioulis I, Gakovic M, Baldock R, van Heyningen V, et al. Pleiotropic effects of Sox2 during the development of the zebrafish epithalamus. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87546 pubmed publisher..Deviations from this strict control result in defects associated with abnormal habenular laterality, which we have documented and quantified in sox2 morphants. ..
- Wu S, Zhang H, Cairns B. Genes for embryo development are packaged in blocks of multivalent chromatin in zebrafish sperm. Genome Res. 2011;21:578-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, gene sets with particular functions in the embryo are packaged by distinctive types of complex and often atypical chromatin in sperm. ..
- Ribeiro I, Kawakami Y, Buscher D, Raya A, Rodriguez Leon J, Morita M, et al. Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e398 pubmed..Taken together, our results uncover an evolutionarily conserved role of Tbx2/3 transcription factors during remodeling of the heart myocardium and highlight the importance of controlling cell ..