Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tbx21
Description: T-box 21
Alias: tbx21l, T-box transcription factor TBX21, T-bet, T-box 21 like
- Wu S, Wang L, Xu G, Yang S, Deng Q, Li Y, et al. spv locus aggravates Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing Th1/Th2 shift to Th2 polarization. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:684-691 pubmed publisher..Levels of the transcription factors of Th1 (Tbx21) and Th2 (GATA3) were measured by real-time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR)...
- Picozzi P, Wang F, Cronk K, Ryan K. Eomesodermin requires transforming growth factor-beta/activin signaling and binds Smad2 to activate mesodermal genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2397-408 pubmed publisher..A carbohydrate binding domain within the Eomes carboxyl-terminal region is sufficient for transfer and important for gene activation. We propose a novel mechanism by which Eomes helps effect a cellular response to a morphogen gradient. ..
- Zhang H, Shen B, Wu H, Gao L, Liu Q, Wang Q, et al. Th17-like immune response in fish mucosal tissues after administration of live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum via different vaccination routes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;37:229-38 pubmed publisher..In turbot, effective immune protection against wild-type V. anguillarum was obtained by bath-vaccinated and the Th17-like responses were found in mucosal and systemic tissues. ..
- Dee C, Nagaraju R, Athanasiadis E, Gray C, Fernandez Del Ama L, Johnston S, et al. CD4-Transgenic Zebrafish Reveal Tissue-Resident Th2- and Regulatory T Cell-like Populations and Diverse Mononuclear Phagocytes. J Immunol. 2016;197:3520-3530 pubmed
- Xu X, Hu J, Ma J, Nie L, Shao T, Xiang L, et al. Essential Roles of TIM-1 and TIM-4 Homologs in Adaptive Humoral Immunity in a Zebrafish Model. J Immunol. 2016;196:1686-99 pubmed publisher..This study enriches the current knowledge on TIM-mediated immunity and provides a cross-species understanding of the evolutionary history of costimulatory systems throughout vertebrate evolution. ..
- Hammar n M, Oksanen K, Nisula H, Luukinen B, Pesu M, R met M, et al. Adequate Th2-type response associates with restricted bacterial growth in latent mycobacterial infection of zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004190 pubmed publisher..Characteristic gata3/tbx21 has potential as a biomarker for the status of mycobacterial disease.
- Yang C, Li Z, Kang W, Tian Y, Yan Y, Chen W. TET1 and TET3 are essential in induction of Th2-type immunity partly through regulation of IL-4/13A expression in zebrafish model. Gene. 2016;591:201-208 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that TET family members play indispensable roles in Th2-type immunity, indicating an epigenetic modulation manner involved in adaptive immune regulations and responses. ..
- Miyasaka N, Arganda Carreras I, Wakisaka N, Masuda M, S mb l U, Seung H, et al. Olfactory projectome in the zebrafish forebrain revealed by genetic single-neuron labelling. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3639 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a framework to understand general principles as well as species-specific features in decoding of odour information...