Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tbx20
Description: T-box 20
Alias: ZF-TBX20, cb826, hrt, whz, T-box transcription factor TBX20, H15-related T-box transcription factor hrT, T-box protein 20
- Liang J, Gui Y, Wang W, Gao S, Li J, Song H. Elevated glucose induces congenital heart defects by altering the expression of tbx5, tbx20, and has2 in developing zebrafish embryos. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2010;88:480-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the expression patterns of tbx5, tbx20, and has2 were altered in the defective hearts...
- Witzel H, Jungblut B, Choe C, Crump J, Braun T, Dobreva G. The LIM protein Ajuba restricts the second heart field progenitor pool by regulating Isl1 activity. Dev Cell. 2012;23:58-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ajuba plays a central role in regulating the SHF during heart development by linking RA signaling to the function of Isl1, a key transcription factor in cardiac progenitor cells. ..
- de Pater E, Ciampricotti M, Priller F, Veerkamp J, Strate I, Smith K, et al. Bmp signaling exerts opposite effects on cardiac differentiation. Circ Res. 2012;110:578-87 pubmed publisher..Bmp signaling exerts opposing effects on myocardial differentiation in the embryo by promoting as well as inhibiting cardiac growth. ..
- Sun S, Gui Y, Jiang Q, Song H. Dihydrofolate reductase is required for the development of heart and outflow tract in zebrafish. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:957-69 pubmed publisher..5 (NK2 transcription factor-related 5), MEF2C (myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2C), TBX20 (T-box 20), and TBX1 (T-box 1) which are important transcriptional factors during cardiac development process, ..
- Mouillesseaux K, Chen J. Mutation in utp15 disrupts vascular patterning in a p53-dependent manner in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25013 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate an early embryonic effect of Utp15 deficiency on cell survival and the normal patterning of the vasculature and highlight an anti-angiogenic role of p53 in developing embryos. ..
- Langenbacher A, Nguyen C, Cavanaugh A, Huang J, Lu F, Chen J. The PAF1 complex differentially regulates cardiomyocyte specification. Dev Biol. 2011;353:19-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate critical but differential requirements for PAF1C components in zebrafish cardiac specification and heart morphogenesis. ..
- Tong X, Zu Y, Li Z, Li W, Ying L, Yang J, et al. Kctd10 regulates heart morphogenesis by repressing the transcriptional activity of Tbx5a in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3153 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a new essential factor for cardiac development and suggest that KCTD10 could be considered as a new causative gene of congenital heart disease...
- Verma A, Parnaik V. Heart-specific expression of laminopathic mutations in transgenic zebrafish. Cell Biol Int. 2017;41:809-819 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that transgenic zebrafish models of heart-specific laminopathies show cardiac regeneration and moderate deviations in heart rate during embryonic development. ..
- Novikov N, Evans T. Tmem88a mediates GATA-dependent specification of cardiomyocyte progenitors by restricting WNT signaling. Development. 2013;140:3787-98 pubmed publisher..Tmem88a is a novel component of the regulatory mechanism controlling the second phase of biphasic WNT activity essential for embryonic cardiogenesis. ..
- Jin D, Zhu D, Fang Y, Chen Y, Yu G, Pan W, et al. Vegfa signaling regulates diverse artery/vein formation in vertebrate vasculatures. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:483-492 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Vegfa signaling governs the formation of diverse arteries/veins by distinct cellular mechanisms in vertebrate vasculatures. ..
- Ahn D, Ruvinsky I, Oates A, Silver L, Ho R. tbx20, a new vertebrate T-box gene expressed in the cranial motor neurons and developing cardiovascular structures in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2000;95:253-8 pubmed..In this report we describe the cloning and expression pattern of a new T-box gene from zebrafish, which we named tbx20. tbx20 is an ortholog of two other T-box genes isolated from animals of different phyla - H15 of Drosophila ..
- Ryan K, Chin A. T-box genes and cardiac development. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2003;69:25-37 pubmed..These developments prompted us to review the current understanding of the contribution of T-box genes to cardiovascular morphogenesis. ..
- Geudens I, Herpers R, Hermans K, Segura I, Ruiz de Almodovar C, Bussmann J, et al. Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1695-702 pubmed publisher..At a later phase, Notch silencing impaired navigation of lymphatic intersomitic vessels along their arterial templates. These studies imply critical roles for Notch signaling in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network. ..
- Wilkinson R, Pouget C, Gering M, Russell A, Davies S, Kimelman D, et al. Hedgehog and Bmp polarize hematopoietic stem cell emergence in the zebrafish dorsal aorta. Dev Cell. 2009;16:909-16 pubmed publisher..These findings are important for the study of the production of HSCs from embryonic stem cells and establish a paradigm for the development of adult stem cells. ..
- Wang Y, Qian L, Liu D, Yao L, Jiang Q, Yu Z, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 acts upstream of myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2a to control embryonic cardiac contractility. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;74:290-303 pubmed
- Peterkin T, Gibson A, Patient R. Redundancy and evolution of GATA factor requirements in development of the myocardium. Dev Biol. 2007;311:623-35 pubmed
- Swift M, Pham V, Castranova D, Bell K, Poole R, Weinstein B. SoxF factors and Notch regulate nr2f2 gene expression during venous differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;390:116-25 pubmed publisher..We show that Notch signaling activity present in the dorsal aorta suppresses expression of nr2f2, restricting nr2f2-dependent promotion of venous differentiation to the cardinal vein. ..
- Yu P, Gu S, Bu J, Du J. TRPC1 is essential for in vivo angiogenesis in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2010;106:1221-32 pubmed publisher..It implicates that TRPC1 may represent a potential target for treating pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Hirashima M, Suda T. Differentiation of arterial and venous endothelial cells and vascular morphogenesis. Endothelium. 2006;13:137-45 pubmed..These insights indicate that the balance of these genetic factors and modification by epigenetic factors such as hemodynamics and oxygen tension are important for proper endothelial cell identities in vascular morphogenesis. ..
- Rikin A, Evans T. The tbx/bHLH transcription factor mga regulates gata4 and organogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:535-47 pubmed publisher..Transcript profiling experiments show that mga functions early to influence key regulators of mesendoderm, including tbx6, cas, and sox17. ..
- Pouget C, Peterkin T, SimÃµes F, Lee Y, Traver D, Patient R. FGF signalling restricts haematopoietic stem cell specification via modulation of the BMP pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5588 pubmed publisher..These results should help inform strategies to recapitulate the development of HSCs in vitro from pluripotent precursors. ..
- Yan H, Zhang C, Wang Z, Tu T, Duan H, Luo Y, et al. CD146 is required for VEGF-C-induced lymphatic sprouting during lymphangiogenesis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7442 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data reveals a critical role of CD146 to mediate VEGF-C signaling pathway in lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Ebert A, Hume G, Warren K, Cook N, Burns C, Mohideen M, et al. Calcium extrusion is critical for cardiac morphogenesis and rhythm in embryonic zebrafish hearts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17705-10 pubmed..Thus, the inhibition of NCX1h versus SERCA2 activity differentially affects the pathophysiology of rhythm in the developing heart and suggests that relative levels of NCX1 and SERCA2 function are essential for normal development. ..
- Zhang C, Chen Y, Sun B, Wang L, Yang Y, Ma D, et al. m6A modulates haematopoietic stem and progenitor cell specification. Nature. 2017;549:273-276 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of Mettl3 in mice confers a similar phenotype. Collectively, our findings demonstrate the critical function of m6A modification in the fate determination of HSPCs during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Poon K, Tan K, Wei Y, Ng C, Colman A, Korzh V, et al. RNA-binding protein RBM24 is required for sarcomere assembly and heart contractility. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;94:418-27 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a potential novel pathway to cardiomyopathy through down-regulation of the RBP Rbm24. ..
- Corallo D, Schiavinato A, Trapani V, Moro E, Argenton F, Bonaldo P. Emilin3 is required for notochord sheath integrity and interacts with Scube2 to regulate notochord-derived Hedgehog signals. Development. 2013;140:4594-601 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study reveals a new role for an EMILIN protein and reinforces the concept that structure and function of the notochord are strictly linked. ..
- Zygmunt T, Gay C, Blondelle J, Singh M, Flaherty K, Means P, et al. Semaphorin-PlexinD1 signaling limits angiogenic potential via the VEGF decoy receptor sFlt1. Dev Cell. 2011;21:301-14 pubmed publisher..Hence, Sema-PlxnD1 signaling regulates distinct but related aspects of angiogenesis: the spatial allocation of angiogenic capacity within a primary vessel and sprout guidance. ..
- Griffin K, Stoller J, Gibson M, Chen S, Yelon D, Stainier D, et al. A conserved role for H15-related T-box transcription factors in zebrafish and Drosophila heart formation. Dev Biol. 2000;218:235-47 pubmed..We have characterized a novel zebrafish T-box transcription factor, hrT (H15-related T box) that is a close relative of Drosophila H15 and a recently identified human gene...
- Walton R, Bruce A, Olivey H, Najib K, Johnson V, Earley J, et al. Fog1 is required for cardiac looping in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;289:482-93 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate the importance of FOG proteins for zebrafish cardiac development and suggest a previously unappreciated role for FOG proteins in heart looping that is dependent on the FOG repression motif. ..
- Schmitt C, Woolls M, Jin S. Mutant-specific gene expression profiling identifies SRY-related HMG box 11b (SOX11b) as a novel regulator of vascular development in zebrafish. Mol Cells. 2013;35:166-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our analyses illustrate a complex regulation of endothelial specification and differentiation during vertebrate development. ..
- Witzel H, Cheedipudi S, Gao R, Stainier D, Dobreva G. Isl2b regulates anterior second heart field development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:41043 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Isl2b controls the expression of key cardiac transcription factors including mef2ca, mef2cb, hand2 and tbx20. The specific roles of individual Islet family members in the development of distinct regions of the zebrafish ..
- Just S, Raphel L, Berger I, Bühler A, Keßler M, Rottbauer W. Tbx20 Is an Essential Regulator of Embryonic Heart Growth in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167306 pubmed publisher..By positional cloning, we found in whz mutant zebrafish a missense mutation within the T-box 20 (Tbx20) transcription factor gene leading to destabilization of Tbx20 protein...
- Verhoeven M, Haase C, Christoffels V, Weidinger G, Bakkers J. Wnt signaling regulates atrioventricular canal formation upstream of BMP and Tbx2. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:435-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genetic analysis shows that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is upstream and in a linear pathway with BMP and Tbx2 during AVC specification. ..
- Pocock R, Mione M, Hussain S, Maxwell S, Pontecorvi M, Aslam S, et al. Neuronal function of Tbx20 conserved from nematodes to vertebrates. Dev Biol. 2008;317:671-85 pubmed publisherThe Tbx20 orthologue, mab-9, is required for development of the Caenorhabditis elegans hindgut, whereas several vertebrate Tbx20 genes promote heart development...
- Arnold C, Lamont R, Walker J, Spice P, Chan C, Ho C, et al. Comparative analysis of genes regulated by Dzip1/iguana and hedgehog in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2015;244:211-23 pubmed publisher..Through comparing gene expression changes in a genetic model of vascular instability with a chemical inhibition of Hh signaling, we identified a set of 40 differentially expressed genes with potential roles in vascular stabilization. ..
- Lu F, Langenbacher A, Chen J. Tbx20 drives cardiac progenitor formation and cardiomyocyte proliferation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2017;421:139-148 pubmed publisherb>Tbx20 is a T-box transcription factor that plays essential roles in the development and maintenance of the heart...
- Pendeville H, Winandy M, Manfroid I, Nivelles O, Motte P, Pasque V, et al. Zebrafish Sox7 and Sox18 function together to control arterial-venous identity. Dev Biol. 2008;317:405-16 pubmed publisher..The striking similarities between the phenotype of Sox7/Sox18 morphants and Gridlock mutants strongly suggest that Sox7 and Sox18 control arterial-venous identity by regulating Gridlock expression. ..
- Jezewski P, Fang P, Payne Ferreira T, Yelick P. Alternative splicing, phylogenetic analysis, and craniofacial expression of zebrafish tbx22. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1605-12 pubmed publisher..These studies identify an early transcription factor governing vertebrate facial development, which may underlie common craniofacial birth disorders. Developmental Dynamics 238:1605-1612, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Pyati U, Cooper M, Davidson A, Nechiporuk A, Kimelman D. Sustained Bmp signaling is essential for cloaca development in zebrafish. Development. 2006;133:2275-84 pubmed..Finally, we show that HrT, a T-box transcription factor, is a Bmp-regulated gene that has an essential function in cloacal development...
- Chen J, Zhu R, Li F, Liang Y, Wang C, Qin Y, et al. MicroRNA-126a Directs Lymphangiogenesis Through Interacting With Chemokine and Flt4 Signaling in Zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:2381-2393 pubmed..Our results suggest that these key regulators of lymphangiogenesis may be involved in lymphatic pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Rodriguez F, Vacaru A, Overvoorde J, den Hertog J. The receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase, Dep1, acts in arterial/venous cell fate decisions in zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2008;324:122-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which Dep1 acts upstream in a signaling pathway inhibiting PI3K, resulting in expression of Notch and Grl, thus regulating arterial specification in development. ..
- Yelon D, Ticho B, Halpern M, Ruvinsky I, Ho R, Silver L, et al. The bHLH transcription factor hand2 plays parallel roles in zebrafish heart and pectoral fin development. Development. 2000;127:2573-82 pubmed..Thus, these studies reveal early functions for Hand2 in several cellular processes and highlight a genetic parallel between heart and forelimb development. ..
- Schindler Y, Garske K, Wang J, Firulli B, Firulli A, Poss K, et al. Hand2 elevates cardiomyocyte production during zebrafish heart development and regeneration. Development. 2014;141:3112-22 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to our understanding of the potential origins of congenital heart disease and inform future strategies in regenerative medicine. ..
- Amoyel M, Cheng Y, Jiang Y, Wilkinson D. Wnt1 regulates neurogenesis and mediates lateral inhibition of boundary cell specification in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2005;132:775-85 pubmed..The network of genes underlying the regulation of neurogenesis and lateral inhibition of boundary cell formation by Wnt1 has a striking similarity to mechanisms at the dorsoventral boundary in the Drosophila wing imaginal disc. ..
- Li W, Chen J, Deng M, Jing Q. The zebrafish Tie2 signaling controls tip cell behaviors and acts synergistically with Vegf pathway in developmental angiogenesis. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2014;46:641-6 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that Tie2 is an important regulator of tip cell behaviors. Moreover, these findings provide in vivo evidence that Tie2 acts coordinately with Vegf signaling to control angiogenesis. ..
- Mandel E, Kaltenbrun E, Callis T, Zeng X, Marques S, Yelon D, et al. The BMP pathway acts to directly regulate Tbx20 in the developing heart. Development. 2010;137:1919-29 pubmed publisherb>TBX20 has been shown to be essential for vertebrate heart development...
- Kim S, Schmitt C, Woolls M, Holland M, Kim J, Jin S. Vascular endothelial growth factor signaling regulates the segregation of artery and vein via ERK activity during vascular development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:1212-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that segregation of axial vessels requires the function of Vegf-A signaling, and Erk may function as the major downstream effector in this process. ..