Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tbp
Description: TATA box binding protein
Alias: fd20h06, si:zc101n13.2, wu:fd20h06, zgc:66213, TATA-box-binding protein
- Fish J, Cantu Gutierrez M, Dang L, Khyzha N, Chen Z, Veitch S, et al. Dynamic regulation of VEGF-inducible genes by an ERK/ERG/p300 transcriptional network. Development. 2017;144:2428-2444 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings elucidate a novel transcriptional pathway contributing to VEGF-dependent angiogenesis. ..
- Duggan A, Kocha K, Monk C, Bremer K, Moyes C. Coordination of cytochrome c oxidase gene expression in the remodelling of skeletal muscle. J Exp Biol. 2011;214:1880-7 pubmed publisher..Further, they caution against arguments about the importance of transcriptional regulation based on measurement of mRNA levels of select subunits of multimeric proteins. ..
- Saili K, Tilton S, Waters K, Tanguay R. Global gene expression analysis reveals pathway differences between teratogenic and non-teratogenic exposure concentrations of bisphenol A and 17?-estradiol in embryonic zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2013;38:89-101 pubmed publisher..1?M BPA and 0.1?M E2 exposure, and suppressed expression of several genes involved in nervous system development and function following 0.1?M BPA exposure. ..
- Weijts B, van Impel A, Schulte Merker S, de Bruin A. Atypical E2fs control lymphangiogenesis through transcriptional regulation of Ccbe1 and Flt4. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73693 pubmed publisher..Together these results identified E2f7/8 as novel in vivo transcriptional regulators of Ccbe1 and Flt4, both essential genes for venous sprouting and lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Lu Y, Wang F, Liu L, Liu J, et al. Comparative transcriptome analysis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain and spleen infected with spring viremia of carp virus (SVCV). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;69:35-45 pubmed publisher..The transcriptome analysis results demonstrated changes and tissue-specific influences caused by SVCV in vivo, which provided us with more information to understand the complex relationships between SVCV and its host. ..
- Haberle V, Li N, Hadzhiev Y, Plessy C, Previti C, Nepal C, et al. Two independent transcription initiation codes overlap on vertebrate core promoters. Nature. 2014;507:381-385 pubmed publisher..The dissection of overlapping core promoter determinants represents a framework for future studies of promoter structure and function across different regulatory contexts...
- Vanhauwaert S, Van Peer G, Rihani A, Janssens E, Rondou P, Lefever S, et al. Expressed repeat elements improve RT-qPCR normalization across a wide range of zebrafish gene expression studies. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109091 pubmed publisher..Our applied strategy to find and evaluate candidate expressed repeat elements for RT-qPCR data normalization has high potential to be used also for other species. ..
- Xu W, Foster B, Richards M, Bondioli K, Shah G, Green C. Characterization of prostate cancer cell progression in zebrafish xenograft model. Int J Oncol. 2018;52:252-260 pubmed publisher..PCR (qPCR) analysis targeting the expression profiles of two PCa housekeeping genes, TATA-binding protein (TBP) and hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase 1 (HPRT1) encoding genes...
- Landgraf K, Schuster S, Meusel A, Garten A, Riemer T, Schleinitz D, et al. Short-term overfeeding of zebrafish with normal or high-fat diet as a model for the development of metabolically healthy versus unhealthy obesity. BMC Physiol. 2017;17:4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that zebrafish represents an attractive model to study regulatory mechanisms involved in the determination of AT phenotype during development of metabolically healthy versus metabolically unhealthy obesity. ..
- Hörnberg H, Cioni J, Harris W, Holt C. Hermes Regulates Axon Sorting in the Optic Tract by Post-Trancriptional Regulation of Neuropilin 1. J Neurosci. 2016;36:12697-12706 pubmed..We characterize a novel RNA-based mechanism by which axons restrict their translatome developmentally to achieve proper targeting. ..
- Lim S, Esain V, Kwan W, Theodore L, Cortes M, Frost I, et al. HIF1?-induced PDGFR? signaling promotes developmental HSC production via IL-6 activation. Exp Hematol. 2017;46:83-95.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a Hif1?-regulated signaling axis mediated through PBFGB/PDGFR? and IL-6/IL-6R that acts to control embryonic HSPC production. ..
- Cortes M, Chen M, Stachura D, Liu S, Kwan W, Wright F, et al. Developmental Vitamin D Availability Impacts Hematopoietic Stem Cell Production. Cell Rep. 2016;17:458-468 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings highlight the relevance of developmental 1,25(OH)D3 availability for definitive hematopoiesis and suggest potential therapeutic utility in HSPC expansion. ..
- Loponte S, SegrÃ© C, Senese S, Miccolo C, Santaguida S, Deflorian G, et al. Dynamic phosphorylation of Histone Deacetylase 1 by Aurora kinases during mitosis regulates zebrafish embryos development. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30213 pubmed publisher..Our data represent a step towards the comprehension of HDAC1 regulation by its PTM code, with important implications in unravelling its roles both in physiology and pathology. ..
- Bondareva A, Schmidt E. Early vertebrate evolution of the TATA-binding protein, TBP. Mol Biol Evol. 2003;20:1932-9 pubmedb>TBP functions in transcription initiation in all eukaryotes and in Archaebacteria...
- Ramspacher C, Steed E, Boselli F, Ferreira R, Faggianelli N, Roth S, et al. Developmental Alterations in Heart Biomechanics and Skeletal Muscle Function in Desmin Mutants Suggest an Early Pathological Root for Desminopathies. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1564-76 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest alternative therapeutic approaches and further our understanding of the molecular determinants modulating Desmin aggregate formation. ..
- Mahmoudi T, Boj S, Hatzis P, Li V, Taouatas N, Vries R, et al. The leukemia-associated Mllt10/Af10-Dot1l are Tcf4/?-catenin coactivators essential for intestinal homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000539 pubmed publisher..The methyltransferase DOT1L may present an attractive candidate for drug targeting in colorectal cancer. ..
- Trachtulec Z, Vlcek C, Mihola O, Forejt J. Comparative analysis of the PDCD2-TBP-PSMB1 region in vertebrates. Gene. 2004;335:151-7 pubmedThree orthologous genes encoding programmed cell death 2 (PDCD2), TATA-binding protein (TBP), and proteasomal subunit C5 (PSMB1) proteins have been shown previously to be nonrandomly distributed in both mammalian and invertebrate genomes...
- Mansfeld J, Urban N, Priebe S, Groth M, Frahm C, Hartmann N, et al. Branched-chain amino acid catabolism is a conserved regulator of physiological ageing. Nat Commun. 2015;6:10043 pubmed publisher..Taken together, BCAAs act as periphery-derived metabokines that induce a central neuro-endocrine response, culminating in extended healthspan. ..
- de Bruin A, A Cornelissen P, Kirchmaier B, Mokry M, Iich E, Nirmala E, et al. Genome-wide analysis reveals NRP1 as a direct HIF1?-E2F7 target in the regulation of motorneuron guidance in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:3549-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that repression of NRP1 by the HIF1?-E2F7 complex regulates MN axon guidance in vivo. ..
- Blum N, Begemann G. Retinoic acid signaling spatially restricts osteoblasts and controls ray-interray organization during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2888-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a mechanism regulating preosteoblast alignment and maintenance of ray-interray boundaries during fin regeneration. ..
- Geiger B, Gras Miralles B, Ziogas D, Karagiannis A, Zhen A, Fraenkel P, et al. Intestinal upregulation of melanin-concentrating hormone in TNBS-induced enterocolitis in adult zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83194 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings not only establish a model of chemically-induced experimental enterocolitis in adult zebrafish, but point to effects of MCH in intestinal inflammation that are conserved across species. ..
- Wilkins B, Lorent K, Matthews R, Pack M. p53-mediated biliary defects caused by knockdown of cirh1a, the zebrafish homolog of the gene responsible for North American Indian Childhood Cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77670 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first in vivo evidence of a role for Cirhin in biliary development, and support the hypothesis that congenital defects affecting ribosome biogenesis can activate a cellular stress response mediated by p53. ..
- van Ham T, Mapes J, Kokel D, Peterson R. Live imaging of apoptotic cells in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2010;24:4336-42 pubmed publisher..We use this fluorescent probe to characterize patterns of apoptosis in living zebrafish larvae and to visualize neuronal cell death at single-cell resolution in vivo. ..