Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: szl
Alias: sfrp, slz, sizzled, mercedes, mes, ogo, ogon
- Pomreinke A, Soh G, Rogers K, Bergmann J, Bläßle A, Muller P. Dynamics of BMP signaling and distribution during zebrafish dorsal-ventral patterning. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our findings challenge current self-regulating reaction-diffusion and shuttling models and provide support for a graded source-sink mechanism underlying zebrafish dorsal-ventral patterning. ..
- Lu F, Sun Y, Wei C, Thisse C, Thisse B. Tissue-specific derepression of TCF/LEF controls the activity of the Wnt/Î²-catenin pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5368 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel level of regulation of the canonical Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling pathway occurring in the nucleus and involving tissue-specific derepression of TCF by Lbx2. ..
- Wei C, Wang H, Zhu Z, Sun Y. Transcriptional factors smad1 and smad9 act redundantly to mediate zebrafish ventral specification downstream of smad5. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6604-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study uncovers that smad1 and smad9 act redundantly to each other downstream of smad5 to mediate ventral specification and to regulate embryonic myelopoiesis. ..
- Yang H, Zhou Y, Gu J, Xie S, Xu Y, Zhu G, et al. Deep mRNA sequencing analysis to capture the transcriptome landscape of zebrafish embryos and larvae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64058 pubmed publisher..Our study provides ample information for further study about the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying vertebrate development. ..
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..
- Wu S, Shin J, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Chemokine GPCR signaling inhibits ?-catenin during zebrafish axis formation. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001403 pubmed publisher..Our study delineates a novel negative, Gsk3?-independent control mechanism of ?-catenin and implicates Ccr7 as a long-hypothesized GPCR regulating vertebrate axis formation. ..
- Kelsh R, Brand M, Jiang Y, Heisenberg C, Lin S, Haffter P, et al. Zebrafish pigmentation mutations and the processes of neural crest development. Development. 1996;123:369-89 pubmed..In combination with the embryological advantages of zebrafish, these mutations should permit cellular and molecular dissection of many aspects of neural crest development...
- von der Hardt S, Bakkers J, Inbal A, Carvalho L, Solnica Krezel L, Heisenberg C, et al. The Bmp gradient of the zebrafish gastrula guides migrating lateral cells by regulating cell-cell adhesion. Curr Biol. 2007;17:475-87 pubmed
- Yamamoto Y, Oelgeschlager M. Regulation of bone morphogenetic proteins in early embryonic development. Naturwissenschaften. 2004;91:519-34 pubmed..genetic and functional studies in zebrafish and frog provide compelling evidence that the secreted protein Sizzled functionally interacts with the Chd-BMP pathway, despite being expressed ventrally in the early gastrula-stage ..
- Martyn U, Schulte Merker S. The ventralized ogon mutant phenotype is caused by a mutation in the zebrafish homologue of Sizzled, a secreted Frizzled-related protein. Dev Biol. 2003;260:58-67 pubmed..knockdown of sizzled using antisense morpholino phenocopied the ventralized mutant ogon (formerly also known as mercedes and short tail). By sequencing and rescue experiments, we demonstrate that ogon encodes sizzled...
- Miller Bertoglio V, Carmany Rampey A, Fürthauer M, Gonzalez E, Thisse C, Thisse B, et al. Maternal and zygotic activity of the zebrafish ogon locus antagonizes BMP signaling. Dev Biol. 1999;214:72-86 pubmed..The zebrafish mercedes(tm305), ogon(m60), and short tail(b180) mutations produce ventralized phenotypes, including expanded bmp2b/4 ..
- Rong X, Zhou Y, Liu Y, Zhao B, Wang B, Wang C, et al. Glutathione peroxidase 4 inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signaling and regulates dorsal organizer formation in zebrafish embryos. Development. 2017;144:1687-1697 pubmed publisher..Our findings unravel GPX4 as a suppressor of Wnt/?-catenin signals, suggesting a possible relationship between the Wnt/?-catenin pathway and selenium via the association of Tcf/Lef family proteins with GPX4. ..