Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: stm
Alias: cb885, id:ibd5112, sb:cb148, sb:cb568, sb:cb584, protein starmaker
- Fekete D. Developmental biology. Rocks that roll zebrafish. Science. 2003;302:241-2 pubmed
- Ma W, Zhang J. Jag1b is essential for patterning inner ear sensory cristae by regulating anterior morphogenetic tissue separation and preventing posterior cell death. Development. 2015;142:763-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, Jag1b uses two distinct mechanisms to form three sensory cristae in zebrafish. ..
- Nelson A, Cutty S, Niini M, Stemple D, Flicek P, Houart C, et al. Global identification of Smad2 and Eomesodermin targets in zebrafish identifies a conserved transcriptional network in mesendoderm and a novel role for Eomesodermin in repression of ectodermal gene expression. BMC Biol. 2014;12:81 pubmed publisher..Eomesa therefore regulates the formation of all three germ layers in the early zebrafish embryo. ..
- Han Y, Mu Y, Li X, Xu P, Tong J, Liu Z, et al. Grhl2 deficiency impairs otic development and hearing ability in a zebrafish model of the progressive dominant hearing loss DFNA28. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3213-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, this work reveals an evolutionarily conserved function of Grhl2 in otic development and provides a fish model for further studying mechanisms of Grhl2-related hearing loss...
- Hans S, Westerfield M. Changes in retinoic acid signaling alter otic patterning. Development. 2007;134:2449-58 pubmed..Thus, excess RA expands otic competence, whereas the loss of RA impairs the expression of fgf3 and wnt8b in the hindbrain, compromising the induction and maintenance of otic fate. ..
- Dal Pra S, Fürthauer M, Van Celst J, Thisse B, Thisse C. Noggin1 and Follistatin-like2 function redundantly to Chordin to antagonize BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2006;298:514-26 pubmed
- Croushore J, Blasiole B, Riddle R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Canfield V, et al. Ptena and ptenb genes play distinct roles in zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:911-21 pubmed..These results indicate that ptena and ptenb encode functional enzymes and that each pten gene plays a distinct role during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Hughes I, Blasiole B, Huss D, Warchol M, Rath N, Hurle B, et al. Otopetrin 1 is required for otolith formation in the zebrafish Danio rerio. Dev Biol. 2004;276:391-402 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that Otop1 has an essential and conserved role in the timing of formation and the size and shape of the developing otolith...
- Bajoghli B, Ramialison M, Aghaallaei N, Czerny T, Wittbrodt J. Identification of starmaker-like in medaka as a putative target gene of Pax2 in the otic vesicle. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2860-6 pubmed publisher..random in situ hybridization screen of genes expressed in the medaka developing ear, we identified starmaker-like (stm-l) gene, a novel homologue of zebrafish starmaker and human dentine sialo-phosphoprotein (dspp) gene...
- Blasiole B, Kabbani N, Boehmler W, Thisse B, Thisse C, Canfield V, et al. Neuronal calcium sensor-1 gene ncs-1a is essential for semicircular canal formation in zebrafish inner ear. J Neurobiol. 2005;64:285-97 pubmed..These studies identify a novel function for ncs-1a in inner ear development and suggest that this calcium sensor plays an important role in vestibular function...