Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: stc1l
Description: stanniocalcin 1, like
Alias: stc1, zgc:66061, zgc:77518, stanniocalcin 1, like
- Lafont A, Wang Y, Chen G, Liao B, Tseng Y, Huang C, et al. Involvement of calcitonin and its receptor in the control of calcium-regulating genes and calcium homeostasis in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:1072-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CT acts as a hypocalcemic factor in calcium regulation, probably through inhibition of ECaC synthesis. ..
- Tseng D, Chou M, Tseng Y, Hsiao C, Huang C, Kaneko T, et al. Effects of stanniocalcin 1 on calcium uptake in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R549-57 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that zSTC-1 negatively regulates ECaC gene expression to reduce Ca(2+) uptake in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Lee H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Lin K, Chen S, Lin C, et al. Transgenic zebrafish model to study translational control mediated by upstream open reading frame of human chop gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:e139 pubmed publisher..Therefore, using the huORFZ embryos allows us to study the regulatory network involved in human uORF(chop)-mediated translational inhibition. ..
- Lin C, Su C, Hwang P. Calcium-sensing receptor mediates Ca(2+) homeostasis by modulating expression of PTH and stanniocalcin. Endocrinology. 2014;155:56-67 pubmed publisher..These findings enhance our understanding of CaSR-PTH-STC control of Ca(2+) homeostasis in vertebrates. ..
- Kumai Y, Kwong R, Perry S. A role for transcription factor glial cell missing 2 in Ca2+ homeostasis in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:753-65 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of gcm2 mRNA resulted in a significant increase in the numbers of ecac-expressing ionocytes and Ca(2+) uptake. These observations reveal a critical role for gcm2 in Ca(2+) homeostasis in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Chou M, Lin C, Chao P, Hung J, Cruz S, Hwang P. Stanniocalcin-1 controls ion regulation functions of ion-transporting epithelium other than calcium balance. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:122-32 pubmed publisher..The present findings provide new insights into the broader functions of STC-1, a hypocalcemic hormone. ..
- Lin C, Hu H, Hwang P. Molecular Physiology of the Hypocalcemic Action of Fibroblast Growth Factor 23 in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Endocrinology. 2017;158:1347-1358 pubmed publisher..In addition, upregulated expression of FGF23 mRNA was detected in morphants of stanniocalcin 1 (stc1, another hypocalcemic factor synthesized in the CS), and knockdown of CaSR suppressed such upregulation and ..
- Luo C, Pisarska M, Hsueh A. Identification of a stanniocalcin paralog, stanniocalcin-2, in fish and the paracrine actions of stanniocalcin-2 in the mammalian ovary. Endocrinology. 2005;146:469-76 pubmed publisher..Two related mammalian stanniocalcin genes, STC1 and STC2, were found to be expressed in various tissues as paracrine regulators...
- Long Y, Song G, Yan J, He X, Li Q, Cui Z. Transcriptomic characterization of cold acclimation in larval zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:612 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that zebrafish larvae possess the ability to build cold-tolerance under mild low temperature and transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulations are extensively involved in this acclimation process. ..
- Kwong R, Auprix D, Perry S. Involvement of the calcium-sensing receptor in calcium homeostasis in larval zebrafish exposed to low environmental calcium. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2014;306:R211-21 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results suggest that the CaSR is critical for Ca(2+) homeostasis in larval zebrafish exposed to low environmental Ca(2+) levels, possibly owing to its modulation of stanniocalcin mRNA expression. ..
- Mokalled M, Patra C, Dickson A, Endo T, Stainier D, Poss K. Injury-induced ctgfa directs glial bridging and spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Science. 2016;354:630-634 pubmed..Our study reveals that CTGF is necessary and sufficient to stimulate glial bridging and natural spinal cord regeneration. ..