Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: stat5a
Description: signal transducer and activator of transcription 5a
Alias: Stat5, sb:eu615, stat5, stat5.1, stat5b, signal transducer and activator of transcription 5a, signal transducer and activator of transcription 5.1, signal transducer and activator of transcription 5B
- Figueiredo M, Mareco E, Silva M, Marins L. Muscle-specific growth hormone receptor (GHR) overexpression induces hyperplasia but not hypertrophy in transgenic zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:457-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it seems that hypertrophy and hyperplasia follow two different routes for entire muscle growth, both of them triggered by GHR activation, but regulated by different mechanisms. ..
- Liongue C, O Sullivan L, Trengove M, Ward A. Evolution of JAK-STAT pathway components: mechanisms and role in immune system development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32777 pubmed publisher..This produced an intricate cell-cell communication system that has made a significant contribution to the evolution of the immune system, particularly the emergence of adaptive immunity. ..
- Nornberg B, Figueiredo M, Marins L. Expression profile of IGF paralog genes in liver and muscle of a GH-transgenic zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;226:36-41 pubmed publisher..Regarding JAK/STAT-related genes, we observed an alteration in the expression profile of both stat3 and stat5a in transgenic fish liver...
- Lei X, Cai S, Chen Y, Cui J, Wang Y, Li Z, et al. Down-regulation of interleukin 7 receptor (IL-7R) contributes to central nervous system demyelination. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28395-28407 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to our understanding of the role of IL-7R in demyelination, and provide a rationale for the development of IL-7R-based therapies for MS and other demyelinating diseases. ..
- Studzinski A, Almeida D, Lanes C, Figueiredo M, Marins L. SOCS1 and SOCS3 are the main negative modulators of the somatotrophic axis in liver of homozygous GH-transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;161:67-72 pubmed publisher..of genes of the somatotrophic axis in the livers of HO and NT individuals, it was verified that GHR, JAK2 and STAT5.1 did not present significant differences among the analyzed genotypes (NT and HO)...
- Verweij M, Sabato V, Nullens S, Bridts C, De Clerck L, Stevens W, et al. STAT5 in human basophils: IL-3 is required for its Fc?RI-mediated phosphorylation. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2012;82:101-6 pubmed publisher..Signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) molecules modulate various cell functions. STAT5 appears to be essential for IgE-mediated mast cell function, but its role in human basophils after cross-linking ..
- Zhang H, Fei C, Wu H, Yang M, Liu Q, Wang Q, et al. Transcriptome profiling reveals Th17-like immune responses induced in zebrafish bath-vaccinated with a live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73871 pubmed publisher..The transcriptome profiling with microarray revealed the Th17-like immune response to bath-vaccination with the live attenuated V. anguillarum in zebrafish. ..