Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: stat1a
Description: signal transducer and activator of transcription 1a
Alias: stat1, signal transducer and activator of transcription 1-alpha/beta, signal transducer and activator of transcription 1, 91kDa, signal transduction and activation of transcription 1, signal transduction and activation of transcription 1a
- Li Z, Xu X, Huang L, Wu J, Lu Q, Xiang Z, et al. Administration of recombinant IFN1 protects zebrafish (Danio rerio) from ISKNV infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:399-406 pubmed publisher..This study shows the protective effects of interferon against a DNA-virus in fish for the first time and provides information about the efficacy of fish interferon that will prove useful in possible therapeutic applications. ..
- Yang C, Li Z, Kang W, Tian Y, Yan Y, Chen W. TET1 and TET3 are essential in induction of Th2-type immunity partly through regulation of IL-4/13A expression in zebrafish model. Gene. 2016;591:201-208 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that TET family members play indispensable roles in Th2-type immunity, indicating an epigenetic modulation manner involved in adaptive immune regulations and responses. ..
- Ruan B, Chen S, Hou J, Huang B, Laghari Z, Li L, et al. Two type II IFN members, IFN-? and IFN-? related (rel), regulate differentially IRF1 and IRF11 in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;65:103-110 pubmed publisher..IFN-? stimulated the expression level of STAT1a and also STAT1b, but they had opposite trends with the increase of time; enhancement of STAT1a waned after 12 h ..
- Song H, Yan Y, Titus T, He X, Postlethwait J. The role of stat1b in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Mech Dev. 2011;128:442-56 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish stat1a encodes all five domains of the human STAT1-alpha splice form but, like the human STAT1-beta splice variant, ..
- Liongue C, O Sullivan L, Trengove M, Ward A. Evolution of JAK-STAT pathway components: mechanisms and role in immune system development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32777 pubmed publisher..This produced an intricate cell-cell communication system that has made a significant contribution to the evolution of the immune system, particularly the emergence of adaptive immunity. ..
- Boltaña S, Rey S, Roher N, Vargas R, Huerta M, Huntingford F, et al. Behavioural fever is a synergic signal amplifying the innate immune response. Proc Biol Sci. 2013;280:20131381 pubmed publisher..Given the effects of behavioural fever on survival and the fact that it exists across considerable phylogenetic space, such immunity-environment interactions are likely to be under strong positive selection. ..