Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: spi1b
Description: Spi-1 proto-oncogene b
Alias: cb1086, pu.1, pu1, sfpi1, si:by184l24.2, spi1, transcription factor PU.1, spleen focus forming virus (SFFV) proviral integration oncogene spi1, spleen focus forming virus (SFFV) proviral integration oncogene spi1b, transcription factor spi1
- Jin H, Xu J, Qian F, Du L, Tan C, Lin Z, et al. The 5' zebrafish scl promoter targets transcription to the brain, spinal cord, and hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:60-7 pubmed
- Paik E, Zon L. Hematopoietic development in the zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1127-37 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize hematopoiesis in the zebrafish and discuss how genetic approaches using the zebrafish system have helped to build our current knowledge in the field of hematopoiesis. ..
- Le Guyader D, Redd M, Colucci Guyon E, Murayama E, Kissa K, Briolat V, et al. Origins and unconventional behavior of neutrophils in developing zebrafish. Blood. 2008;111:132-41 pubmed..They are also attracted to variously stressed or malformed tissues, suggesting a wider role than antimicrobial defense. ..
- Zhang Y, Duc A, Rao S, Sun X, Bilbee A, Rhodes M, et al. Control of hematopoietic stem cell emergence by antagonistic functions of ribosomal protein paralogs. Dev Cell. 2013;24:411-25 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, circumstances that tip the balance of these paralogs in favor of Rpl22 (e.g., Rpl22l1 knockdown or Rpl22 overexpression) result in repression of Smad1 and blockade of HSC emergence...
- Jing C, Chen Y, Dong M, Peng X, Jia X, Gao L, et al. Phospholipase C gamma-1 is required for granulocyte maturation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;374:24-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that plcg1 functioned specifically in zebrafish ICM granulopoiesis for the first time. Our studies suggest that specific pathways regulate the differentiation of the hematopoietic lineages. ..
- Rhodes J, Hagen A, Hsu K, Deng M, Liu T, Look A, et al. Interplay of pu.1 and gata1 determines myelo-erythroid progenitor cell fate in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2005;8:97-108 pubmed..1 in the bloodless mutant cloche resulted in myelopoietic rescue, providing intriguing evidence that this gene can function in the absence of some stem cell genes, such as scl, in governing myelopoiesis. ..
- Shen L, Chen F, Zhang Y, Cao L, Kuang Y, Zhong M, et al. MYCN transgenic zebrafish model with the characterization of acute myeloid leukemia and altered hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59070 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this MYCN transgenic zebrafish model facilitates dissection of MYCN-mediated signaling in vivo, and enables high-throughput scale screens to identify the potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Monteiro R, Pouget C, Patient R. The gata1/pu.1 lineage fate paradigm varies between blood populations and is modulated by tif1?. EMBO J. 2011;30:1093-103 pubmed publisher..1 in primitive erythroid and prodefinitive erythromyeloid progenitors. We therefore conclude that the gata1/pu.1 paradigm for lineage decisions takes different forms in different cellular contexts and is modulated by tif1?. ..
- Feng Y, Santoriello C, Mione M, Hurlstone A, Martin P. Live imaging of innate immune cell sensing of transformed cells in zebrafish larvae: parallels between tumor initiation and wound inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000562 pubmed publisher..These parallels between the inflammatory responses to transformed cells and to wounds reinforce the suggestion by others that cancers resemble non-healing wounds. ..
- Gering M, Yamada Y, Rabbitts T, Patient R. Lmo2 and Scl/Tal1 convert non-axial mesoderm into haemangioblasts which differentiate into endothelial cells in the absence of Gata1. Development. 2003;130:6187-99 pubmed..These results suggest that, in the absence of inducers of erythroid or myeloid haematopoiesis, Scl/Tal1-Lmo2-induced haemangioblasts differentiate into endothelial cells. ..
- Provost E, Wehner K, Zhong X, Ashar F, Nguyen E, Green R, et al. Ribosomal biogenesis genes play an essential and p53-independent role in zebrafish pancreas development. Development. 2012;139:3232-41 pubmed publisher..The pancreatic phenotypes observed in rpl3- and pes-deficient embryos were also independent of p53. Together, these data suggest novel p53-independent roles for ribosomal biogenesis genes in zebrafish pancreas development...
- Dooley K, Davidson A, Zon L. Zebrafish scl functions independently in hematopoietic and endothelial development. Dev Biol. 2005;277:522-36 pubmed..Surprisingly, in cloche, lmo2 was not induced in response to scl over-expression. Taken together, these findings support distinct roles for scl in hematopoietic and endothelial development, downstream of hemangioblast development. ..
- Uechi T, Nakajima Y, Chakraborty A, Torihara H, Higa S, Kenmochi N. Deficiency of ribosomal protein S19 during early embryogenesis leads to reduction of erythrocytes in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3204-11 pubmed publisher..The RPS19-deficient zebrafish will provide a valuable tool for investigating the molecular mechanisms of DBA development in humans. ..
- Yeh J, Munson K, Chao Y, Peterson Q, Macrae C, Peterson R. AML1-ETO reprograms hematopoietic cell fate by downregulating scl expression. Development. 2008;135:401-10 pubmed..Thus, this zebrafish model facilitates in vivo dissection of AML1-ETO-mediated signaling, and will enable large-scale chemical screens to identify suppressors of the in vivo effects of AML1-ETO. ..
- Burns C, Traver D, Mayhall E, Shepard J, Zon L. Hematopoietic stem cell fate is established by the Notch-Runx pathway. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2331-42 pubmed..These data define the Notch-Runx pathway as critical for the developmental specification of HSC fate and the subsequent homeostasis of HSC number, thus providing a mechanism for amplifying stem cells in vivo...
- Lieschke G, Oates A, Paw B, Thompson M, Hall N, Ward A, et al. Zebrafish SPI-1 (PU.1) marks a site of myeloid development independent of primitive erythropoiesis: implications for axial patterning. Dev Biol. 2002;246:274-95 pubmedThe mammalian transcription factor SPI-1 (synonyms: SPI1, PU.1, or Sfpi1) plays a critical role in myeloid development...
- Le H, Zhang Y, Liu H, Ma L, Jin Y, Huang Q, et al. eena Promotes myeloid proliferation through stimulating ERK1/2 phosphorylation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17652-61 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that eena plays an important role in the development of the myeloid cell through activation of the ERK pathway and may provide a valuable reference for future studies of the role of EEN in leukemogenesis. ..
- Mathias J, Dodd M, Walters K, Rhodes J, Kanki J, Look A, et al. Live imaging of chronic inflammation caused by mutation of zebrafish Hai1. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3372-83 pubmed..These findings illustrate the utility of zebrafish as a new model system to study chronic inflammation and to visualize immune responses with high resolution in vivo. ..
- Juarez M, Su F, Chun S, Kiel M, Lyons S. Distinct roles for SCL in erythroid specification and maturation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41636-44 pubmed..Our results revealed that Scl participates in multiple processes requiring different levels and functions. Further, we identified an Scl hypomorphic phenotype distinct from the null state. ..
- Liu T, Rhodes J, Deng M, Hsu K, Radomska H, Kanki J, et al. Dominant-interfering C/EBPalpha stimulates primitive erythropoiesis in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:230-9 pubmed..Expression of the truncated isoforms of cebpa alters the developmental pattern of hematopoietic progenitor cells during embryogenesis. ..
- Bertrand J, Kim A, Violette E, Stachura D, Cisson J, Traver D. Definitive hematopoiesis initiates through a committed erythromyeloid progenitor in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2007;134:4147-56 pubmed..These studies provide phenotypic and functional analyses of the first hematopoietic progenitors in the zebrafish embryo and demonstrate that definitive hematopoiesis proceeds through two distinct waves during embryonic development. ..
- Li L, Jin H, Xu J, Shi Y, Wen Z. Irf8 regulates macrophage versus neutrophil fate during zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. Blood. 2011;117:1359-69 pubmed publisher..1 but is insufficient to promote macrophage development in the absence of Pu.1. Our findings demonstrate that Irf8 is a critical determinant for neutrophil versus macrophage fate choice during zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. ..
- Clay H, Volkman H, Ramakrishnan L. Tumor necrosis factor signaling mediates resistance to mycobacteria by inhibiting bacterial growth and macrophage death. Immunity. 2008;29:283-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, TNF is not required for tuberculous granuloma formation, but maintains granuloma integrity indirectly by restricting mycobacterial growth within macrophages and preventing their necrosis...
- Hsu K, Traver D, Kutok J, Hagen A, Liu T, Paw B, et al. The pu.1 promoter drives myeloid gene expression in zebrafish. Blood. 2004;104:1291-7 pubmed..These transgenic lines will be useful to dissect the cellular and molecular control of myeloid cell differentiation, and this promoter fragment may prove useful in the development of zebrafish models of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Bertrand J, Chi N, Santoso B, Teng S, Stainier D, Traver D. Haematopoietic stem cells derive directly from aortic endothelium during development. Nature. 2010;464:108-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a permanent lineage tracing strategy, we demonstrate that the HSCs generated from haemogenic endothelium are the lineal founders of the adult haematopoietic system. ..
- Kuri P, Schieber N, Thumberger T, Wittbrodt J, Schwab Y, Leptin M. Dynamics of in vivo ASC speck formation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2891-2909 pubmed publisher..The effector caspase is recruited through PYD, whose overexpression induced pyroptosis but only after substantial delay. Therefore, formation of a single, compact speck and rapid cell-death induction in vivo requires a full-length ASC. ..
- Gerri C, Marín Juez R, Marass M, Marks A, Maischein H, Stainier D. Hif-1α regulates macrophage-endothelial interactions during blood vessel development in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15492 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data provide genetic evidence that Hif-1α regulates interactions between macrophages and endothelial cells starting with the mobilization of macrophages from the AGM. ..
- Ueno S, Weidinger G, Osugi T, Kohn A, Golob J, Pabon L, et al. Biphasic role for Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in cardiac specification in zebrafish and embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9685-90 pubmed..Thus, Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes cardiac differentiation at early developmental stages and inhibits it later. Control of this pathway may promote derivation of cardiomyocytes for basic research and cell therapy applications. ..
- Patil P, Uechi T, Kenmochi N. Incomplete splicing of neutrophil-specific genes affects neutrophil development in a zebrafish model of poikiloderma with neutropenia. RNA Biol. 2015;12:426-34 pubmed publisher..This zebrafish model could serve as a valuable tool to investigate the causative role of USB1 in PN pathogenesis. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Xu J, Huang M, Li W, Wen Z. Distinct functions for different scl isoforms in zebrafish primitive and definitive hematopoiesis. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e132 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hematopoietic cells at different levels of hierarchy are likely governed by a gradient of the Scl protein established through temporal and spatial patterns of expression of the different isoforms. ..
- Ye D, Yang Q, Li Y, Huang X, Hu J, Qian S, et al. G?13 is closely related to hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:2685-94 pubmed publisher..Injection of p53 morpholino could partially rescue the phenotype of G?13b morphants. These data possibly demonstrate a new role for G?13 in cell survival. ..
- Yue R, Kang J, Zhao C, Hu W, Tang Y, Liu X, et al. Beta-arrestin1 regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis through binding to YY1 and relieving polycomb group repression. Cell. 2009;139:535-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrated a critical role of beta-arrestin1 during zebrafish primitive hematopoiesis, as well as an important regulator of PcG proteins and cdx4-hox pathway. ..
- Colombo E, Carra S, Fontana L, Bresciani E, Cotelli F, Larizza L. A zebrafish model of Poikiloderma with Neutropenia recapitulates the human syndrome hallmarks and traces back neutropenia to the myeloid progenitor. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15814 pubmed publisher..1 expression. Our vertebrate model of PN demonstrates the intrinsic requirement of usb1 in haematopoiesis and highlights PN as a disorder of myeloid progenitors associated with bone marrow dysfunction. ..
- Bertrand J, Cisson J, Stachura D, Traver D. Notch signaling distinguishes 2 waves of definitive hematopoiesis in the zebrafish embryo. Blood. 2010;115:2777-83 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that HSCs are the only hematopoietic precursor that requires Notch signaling and help to clarify the signaling events underlying the specification of the 2 distinct waves of definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Kwok C, Korn R, Davis M, Burt D, Critcher R, McCarthy L, et al. Characterization of whole genome radiation hybrid mapping resources for non-mammalian vertebrates. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3562-6 pubmed..Such successes are providing the basis for a new era of mapping tools, in the form of whole genome radiation hybrid panels, and are opening new possibilities for systematic genome analysis in the animal genetics community. ..
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..VPA may be a promising choice in the molecular targeting therapy of RUNX1-Evi-1-related leukemia. ..
- Dhanraj S, Gunja S, Deveau A, Nissbeck M, Boonyawat B, Coombs A, et al. Bone marrow failure and developmental delay caused by mutations in poly(A)-specific ribonuclease (PARN). J Med Genet. 2015;52:738-48 pubmed publisher..Large monoallelic mutations of PARN can cause developmental/mental illness. Biallelic PARN mutations cause severe bone marrow failure and central hypomyelination. ..
- Jin H, Huang Z, Chi Y, Wu M, Zhou R, Zhao L, et al. c-Myb acts in parallel and cooperatively with Cebp1 to regulate neutrophil maturation in zebrafish. Blood. 2016;128:415-26 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that c-MYB is an intrinsic master regulator for neutrophil terminal differentiation and a potential target in SGD patients. ..
- Sumanas S, Gomez G, Zhao Y, Park C, Choi K, Lin S. Interplay among Etsrp/ER71, Scl, and Alk8 signaling controls endothelial and myeloid cell formation. Blood. 2008;111:4500-10 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that the choice of endothelial versus myeloid fate depends on a combinatorial effect of etsrp, scl, and alk8 genes. ..
- Jin H, Li L, Xu J, Zhen F, Zhu L, Liu P, et al. Runx1 regulates embryonic myeloid fate choice in zebrafish through a negative feedback loop inhibiting Pu.1 expression. Blood. 2012;119:5239-49 pubmed publisher..1 level required for balanced fate commitment to neutrophils versus macrophages. Our findings define a Pu.1-Runx1 regulatory loop that governs the equilibrium between distinct myeloid fates by assuring an appropriate Pu.1 dosage. ..
- Hou H, Lu J, Lin T, Tsai C, Chou W, Lin C, et al. Clinico-biological significance of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 expression in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Cancer J. 2017;7:e588 pubmed publisher..Next, we generated zebrafish model overexpressing SOCS1 by spi1 promoter, which showed kidney marrow from adult SOCS1 zebrafish had increased myelopoiesis, myeloid progenitors and ..
- Wang J, Panàkovà D, Kikuchi K, Holdway J, Gemberling M, Burris J, et al. The regenerative capacity of zebrafish reverses cardiac failure caused by genetic cardiomyocyte depletion. Development. 2011;138:3421-30 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that genetic depletion of cardiomyocytes, even at levels so extreme as to elicit signs of cardiac failure, can be reversed by natural regenerative capacity in lower vertebrates such as zebrafish. ..
- McReynolds L, Gupta S, Figueroa M, Mullins M, Evans T. Smad1 and Smad5 differentially regulate embryonic hematopoiesis. Blood. 2007;110:3881-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that specificity of BMP signaling output, with respect to hematopoiesis, can be explained by differential functions of Smad1 and Smad5. ..
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels. ..
- Progatzky F, Taylor H, Bugeon L, Cassidy S, Radbruch A, Dallman M, et al. The role of Nfil3 in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:187-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results describe a conserved expression pattern of Nfil3 in evolutionarily divergent species and indicate that Nfil3 is central to myeloid lineage commitment. ..
- Bresciani E, Confalonieri S, Cermenati S, Cimbro S, Foglia E, Beltrame M, et al. Zebrafish numb and numblike are involved in primitive erythrocyte differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14296 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that, at least in part, the nb/nbl morphant phenotype is due to enhanced Notch activation within hematopoietic districts, which in turn results in primitive erythroid differentiation defects. ..
- Song H, Yan Y, Titus T, He X, Postlethwait J. The role of stat1b in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Mech Dev. 2011;128:442-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebrafish Stat1b promotes myeloid development at the expense of erythroid development. ..
- Gao L, Li D, Ma K, Zhang W, Xu T, Fu C, et al. TopBP1 Governs Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Survival in Zebrafish Definitive Hematopoiesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel and vital role of TopBP1 in the maintenance of HSPCs genome integrity and survival during hematopoietic progenitor expansion. ..
- Takeuchi M, Fuse Y, Watanabe M, Andrea C, Takeuchi M, Nakajima H, et al. LSD1/KDM1A promotes hematopoietic commitment of hemangioblasts through downregulation of Etv2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13922-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the LSD1-dependent shutdown of Etv2 gene expression may be a significant event required for hemangioblasts to initiate hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for a novel role for cohesin in development, and indicate potential for monoallelic loss of cohesin subunits to alter gene expression. ..
- Sood R, English M, Belele C, Jin H, Bishop K, Haskins R, et al. Development of multilineage adult hematopoiesis in the zebrafish with a runx1 truncation mutation. Blood. 2010;115:2806-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that in zebrafish adult HSCs can be formed without an intact runx1...
- Kitaguchi T, Kawakami K, Kawahara A. Transcriptional regulation of a myeloid-lineage specific gene lysozyme C during zebrafish myelopoiesis. Mech Dev. 2009;126:314-23 pubmed publisher..1 together induced ectopic lyz expression in the intermediated cell mass (ICM). Thus, we propose that c/ebp1 and runx1 presumably cooperated with pu.1 in the transcriptional regulation of lyz during zebrafish myelopoiesis. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mta3-NuRD complex is essential for the initiation of primitive hematopoiesis. Thus, our findings provide new insight into the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Shu L, Zhou Z, Zhou T, Deng M, Dong M, Chen Y, et al. Ectopic expression of Hoxb4a in hemangioblasts promotes hematopoietic development in early embryogenesis of zebrafish. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;42:1275-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Hoxb4a favours the development of hematopoietic progenitor cells originated from hemangioblasts in vivo. ..
- Ma A, Fan A, Ward A, Liongue C, Lewis R, Cheng S, et al. A novel zebrafish jak2a(V581F) model shared features of human JAK2(V617F) polycythemia vera. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1379-1386.e4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish ortholog of human JAK2(V617F) (referred herewith jak2a(V581F)) by site-directed mutagenesis and examined its relevance as a model of human PV...
- Mathew L, Sengupta S, Kawakami A, Andreasen E, LOHR C, Loynes C, et al. Unraveling tissue regeneration pathways using chemical genetics. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35202-10 pubmed..These studies also demonstrate the feasibility of exploiting chemical genetics to define the pathways that govern vertebrate regeneration. ..
- Lewis G, Kucenas S. Perineurial glia are essential for motor axon regrowth following nerve injury. J Neurosci. 2014;34:12762-77 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the complex nature of cell-cell interactions after injury and introduces perineurial glia as integral players in the regenerative process. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu Z, Ho I, Shi Y, Xie Y, Li J, et al. Germline-specific dgcr8 knockout in zebrafish using a BACK approach. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:2503-2511 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish that Cre/loxP-mediated tissue-specific gene knockout could be achieved using this BACK strategy and that canonical microRNAs play important roles in early embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Onnebo S, Condron M, McPhee D, Lieschke G, Ward A. Hematopoietic perturbation in zebrafish expressing a tel-jak2a fusion. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:182-8 pubmed..This was transiently expressed in zebrafish embryos under the control of the spi1 promoter, which is strongly active in myeloid precursors...
- Mosimann C, PanÃ¡kovÃ¡ D, Werdich A, Musso G, Burger A, Lawson K, et al. Chamber identity programs drive early functional partitioning of the heart. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8146 pubmed publisher..Our data establish that the transcriptional program driving cardiac septation regulates physiologic ventricle partitioning, which successively provides mechanical advantages of sequential contraction. ..
- Li X, Xiong J, Shelley C, Park H, Arnaout M. The transcription factor ZBP-89 controls generation of the hematopoietic lineage in zebrafish and mouse embryonic stem cells. Development. 2006;133:3641-50 pubmed..These findings establish a unique regulatory role for ZBP-89, positioned at the interface between early blood and blood vessel development. ..
- Sieger D, Moritz C, Ziegenhals T, Prykhozhij S, Peri F. Long-range Ca2+ waves transmit brain-damage signals to microglia. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1138-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, this real-time analysis reveals the existence of a mechanism controlling microglial targeted migration to neuronal injuries that is initiated by glutamate and proceeds across the brain in the form of a Ca2+ wave. ..
- Su Z, Si W, Li L, Zhou B, Li X, Xu Y, et al. MiR-144 regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by targeting meis1 during zebrafish development. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;49:53-63 pubmed publisher..These findings establish miR-144 as a novel miRNA that regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by repressing expression of meis1. ..
- Zhang Z, Jia H, Zhang Q, Wan Y, Zhou Y, Jia Q, et al. Assessment of hematopoietic failure due to Rpl11 deficiency in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia by deep sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:896 pubmed publisher..The present analyses demonstrate that Rpl11-deficient zebrafish may serve as a model of DBA and may provide insights into the pathogenesis of mutant RPL11-mediated human DBA disease...
- Barbieri E, Deflorian G, Pezzimenti F, Valli D, Saia M, Meani N, et al. Nucleophosmin leukemogenic mutant activates Wnt signaling during zebrafish development. Oncotarget. 2016;7:55302-55312 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel function of NPMc+ and provide insight into the molecular pathogenesis of AML bearing NPM1 mutations. ..
- Pase L, Layton J, Wittmann C, Ellett F, Nowell C, Reyes Aldasoro C, et al. Neutrophil-delivered myeloperoxidase dampens the hydrogen peroxide burst after tissue wounding in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1818-24 pubmed publisher..Durif provides a new animal model of myeloperoxidase deficiency closely phenocopying the prevalent human disorder [7, 12, 13], offering unique possibilities for investigating its clinical consequences. ..
- Zhuravleva J, Paggetti J, Martin L, Hammann A, Solary E, Bastie J, et al. MOZ/TIF2-induced acute myeloid leukaemia in transgenic fish. Br J Haematol. 2008;143:378-82 pubmed publisher..We generated a transgenic zebrafish in which the MYST3/NCOA2 fusion gene was expressed under control of the spi1 promoter...
- Dobson J, Seibert J, Teh E, Da as S, Fraser R, Paw B, et al. Carboxypeptidase A5 identifies a novel mast cell lineage in the zebrafish providing new insight into mast cell fate determination. Blood. 2008;112:2969-72 pubmed publisher..1, but not gata-1 or fog-1, are necessary for early MC development. These studies validate the zebrafish as an in vivo tool for studying MC ontogeny and function with future capacity for modeling human MC diseases. ..
- Lu J, Hsieh M, Hou H, Chen C, Tien H, Lin L. Overexpression of SOX4 correlates with poor prognosis of acute myeloid leukemia and is leukemogenic in zebrafish. Blood Cancer J. 2017;7:e593 pubmed publisher..leukemogenesis, we generated a transgenic zebrafish model that overexpressed human SOX4 in the myeloid lineage Tg(spi1-SOX4-EGFP)...