Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sparc
Description: secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin)
Alias: hm:zeh0062, SPARC, osn, osteonectin, secreted acidic cysteine rich glycoprotein
- Hong Y, Choi Y, Myung K, Choi H. The Immunohistochemical Patterns of Calcification-related Molecules in the Epidermis and Dermis of the Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ann Dermatol. 2011;23:299-303 pubmed publisher..markers, including bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4), ?-catenin, osteocalcin, osteopontin and osteonectin. BMP-4, osteopontin and osteonectin were moderately expressed in the epidermis of zebrafish after 35 dpf...
- Laue K, Pogoda H, Daniel P, van Haeringen A, Alanay Y, von Ameln S, et al. Craniosynostosis and multiple skeletal anomalies in humans and zebrafish result from a defect in the localized degradation of retinoic acid. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:595-606 pubmed publisher..This work reveals a physiological role for RA in partitioning skeletal elements and in the maintenance of cranial suture patency. ..
- Torres NÃºÃ±ez E, Suarez Bregua P, Cal L, Cal R, CerdÃ¡ Reverter J, Rotllant J. Molecular cloning and characterization of the matricellular protein Sparc/osteonectin in flatfish, Scophthalmus maximus, and its developmental stage-dependent transcriptional regulation during metamorphosis. Gene. 2015;568:129-39 pubmed publisherSPARC/osteonectin is a multifunctional matricellular glycoprotein, which is expressed in embryonic and adult tissues that undergo active proliferation and dynamic morphogenesis...
- Yin C, Evason K, Maher J, Stainier D. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2, marks hepatic stellate cells in zebrafish: analysis of stellate cell entry into the developing liver. Hepatology. 2012;56:1958-70 pubmed publisher..The Tg(hand2:EGFP) line represents a unique tool for in vivo analysis and molecular dissection of HSC behavior. ..
- Rotllant J, Liu D, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Westerfield M, Du S. Sparc (Osteonectin) functions in morphogenesis of the pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear. Matrix Biol. 2008;27:561-72 pubmed publisherSparc (Osteonectin), a matricellular glycoprotein expressed by many differentiated cells, is a major non-collagenous constituent of vertebrate bones...
- Sousa S, Valerio F, Jacinto A. A new zebrafish bone crush injury model. Biol Open. 2012;1:915-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the new model that we present here may help to identify the key processes that regulate bone fracture and contribute to improve bone repair in humans. ..
- Torres NÃºÃ±ez E, Cal L, SuÃ¡rez Bregua P, GÃ³mez Marin C, Morán P, GÃ³mez Skarmeta J, et al. Matricellular protein SPARC/osteonectin expression is regulated by DNA methylation in its core promoter region. Dev Dyn. 2015;244:693-702 pubmed publisherSPARC/osteonectin is an evolutionarily conserved matricellular protein that modulates cell-matrix interaction and cell function. In all vertebrates, SPARC is dynamically expressed during embryogenesis...
- Suarez Bregua P, Saxena A, Bronner M, Rotllant J. Targeted Pth4-expressing cell ablation impairs skeletal mineralization in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186444 pubmed publisher..and mineralization, as well as a delay in the expression of osteoblast differentiation markers such as sp7 and sparc. Taken together, these results suggest that Pth4-expressing hypothalamic neurons participate in the regulation of ..
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Rovira M, Arrey G, Planas J. Exercise-Induced Hypertrophic and Oxidative Signaling Pathways and Myokine Expression in Fast Muscle of Adult Zebrafish. Front Physiol. 2017;8:1063 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression levels of il6, il6r, apln, aplnra and aplnrb, sparc, decorin and igf1, myokines known in mammals to be produced in response to exercise and to signal ..
- Renn J, Schaedel M, Volff J, Goerlich R, Schartl M, Winkler C. Dynamic expression of sparc precedes formation of skeletal elements in the Medaka (Oryzias latipes). Gene. 2006;372:208-18 pubmed publisherb>Sparc is a secreted calcium-binding glycoprotein that regulates mineralization of bone tissues in mammals. In other vertebrates, its function remains largely unclear...
- Zhao H, Wang W, Luo Z, Cao H, Shi Y. Overexpression of p204 leads to abnormal embryos and osteogenesis in zebrafish. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2011;3:115-24 pubmed..Furthermore, the expressions of some genes (vent, runx2b, osn) involved in dorsoventral patterning and osteogenesis were significantly upregulated after p204 injection...
- Nachtrab G, Kikuchi K, Tornini V, Poss K. Transcriptional components of anteroposterior positional information during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3754-64 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for mechanisms of positional memory in vertebrate tissues. ..
- Minchin J, Dahlman I, Harvey C, Mejhert N, Singh M, Epstein J, et al. Plexin D1 determines body fat distribution by regulating the type V collagen microenvironment in visceral adipose tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:4363-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify Plxnd1 as a novel regulator of VAT growth, body fat distribution, and insulin sensitivity in both zebrafish and humans. ..
- Torres Nuñez E, Sobrino C, Neale P, Ceinos R, Du S, Rotllant J. Molecular response to ultraviolet radiation exposure in fish embryos: implications for survival and morphological development. Photochem Photobiol. 2012;88:701-7 pubmed publisher..In order to elucidate the molecular mechanisms involved, a matricellular glycoprotein named osteonectin and the expression of a DNA-repair related gene, p53, were studied in relation to UVR exposure...
- Vanoevelen J, Janssens A, Huitema L, Hammond C, Metz J, Flik G, et al. Trpv5/6 is vital for epithelial calcium uptake and bone formation. FASEB J. 2011;25:3197-207 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides both genetic and functional evidence that transcellular epithelial calcium uptake is vital to sustain life and enable bone formation. ..
- Kawasaki K. The SCPP gene repertoire in bony vertebrates and graded differences in mineralized tissues. Dev Genes Evol. 2009;219:147-57 pubmed publisher..These results show graded differences in mineralized dental tissues and reinforce the hypothesis that bone-dentin-enameloid-enamel constitutes an evolutionary continuum...
- Lien C, Schebesta M, Makino S, Weber G, Keating M. Gene expression analysis of zebrafish heart regeneration. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e260 pubmed..Our data indicate that zebrafish heart regeneration is associated with sequentially upregulated wound healing genes and growth factors and suggest that PDGF signaling is required. ..